should I get this?

should I get this?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

YES. Price is a little high but seems well maintained. If they gave a frick about the trans fluid, and it shifts good, engine cold starts well, doesn't overheat, you are in good shape. One of the great used cars of our time.
    Check underneath for leaks in the trans pan, oil pan will probably be leaking, that's fine.
    Check for rack and pinion leaks, turn the wheel lock to lock and see if the PS pump whines.
    This is a great car. I own a 2006 4cyl.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Offer $3200 and be prepared to meet in the middle.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shit color shit rims shit fitment

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Look at Toyota Avalons instead. Much nicer car that’s just as robust for only a couple grand more in your area. (From a casual glance, there’s an ‘01 in your area for $6400.)

Also less known and desired than Camries so you can hardball the seller more than you can this Camry owner.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Look at Toyota Avalons
      why? the body shape looks ugly to me. How are they better than camries?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

By being better in every way? How moronic are you?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They used to be the flagship sedan Toyota had for the North American market and the first 3 Gens (up to ‘12 MY) targeted the same demographic that bought Buicks and Panther body cars for their comfortable, soft rides.

Also, the ‘01 in your area has almost 70k fewer miles on the odometer than the Camry you’re asking about.

TL/DR: If you’re going to buy a boring appliance car, you might as well make it the most comfortable boring appliance car you can afford.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

may not be the prettiest thing but the older avalons were basicslly living rooms on wheels, very comfy. same engines as the camrys, very reliable and parts are cheap and plentiful

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you spend the majority of time inside your economy box, not looking at it.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

And the car drying the pussy of every woman you attempt to court is also a good feature?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

unless you're looking for a quick frick it's a filter

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A 20-year old “old man tan” Camry isn’t exactly going to make anyone wet either. If image is so important to you for a beater econobox, get a first-gen Scion xB or an old Lexus as a couple anons suggested earlier.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

owned a 2003 v6 accord for a while and I’m assuming these are pretty similar, only had to replace orings on power steering pump and rack (starter went out too but it was a 20 year old car) so look for leaks there, sold it for 5200 w/ 170k miles, that price seems fair if interior is decent

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

accords are made by honda why would it be like a toyota?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yeah why the frick would two competing v6 fwd jap econoboxes be similar

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm asking you that. How are there so many fricking morons on this board lol

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I'm asking because I don't know but I'm not the moron
            assume you are the moron and be humble, you will go a lot further with this mindset

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah that shit's for gays

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Take your own advice

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

let's just skip the infinite recursive loop of replying to each other with the same exact thing

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

how do you not get it?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Its not that old and the mileage isnt very high. I would only buy it if it has AC and it works.
    inb4 hur durr I dont need ac i sweat my ass off like a man

I rather buy a geo metro myself but thats just my preference

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ask for a side profile photo so wheel gap anon can offer his evaluation.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

too late, nerd

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I can't tell if it's just the angle, but it looks like the passenger side headlight is new and the driver one is old. If so (it could just be a cloud's reflection) that's a classic sign of repairs from a font-end collision.
    Overall from what I can see it looks like a dependable car. Those are boring as frick to drive, but you probably knew that.
    I have no idea what the market is like right now, so idk if that's a good deal. You might be able to walk them down to 3,800 if you pass a charisma check.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The price seems high. Having only one pic is usually a sign of something fishy. Reverse search it to see if it was taken from somewhere else.

Consider expanding your search to the ES300/330/350. They're nicer than Camrys and often people don't include them in their search so they get overlooked and can be had for the same price or better.
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/phoenix-2005-lexus-es330-owner-runs/7715488765.html
    This was posted yesterday. If it's within your driving distance I suggest you talk to the seller asap and go check it out.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>ES300/330/350
      it looks nice but I don't make a lot of money and idk if I can afford the repairs and maintenance

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Lexus parts are mostly just Toyota parts so they aren't really any more expensive or difficult to maintain.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's literally a slightly upscale Camry. Nicer interior, more sound deadening, softer ride, and a few extra features (mostly gimmicks). The mechanical stuff is mostly the same. Power train is pretty much the same, except they added VVT to the ES a couple years before they added it to the Camry. Lexus claims the ES should use premium gas while the Camry gets regular, but regular works fine in the ES too. Only difference I would really expect in terms of cost of ownership is body damage if you crash it or something.

https://i.imgur.com/Hl1E1eE.jpg

The MPG is pretty shit at 23 mpg. Otherwise a nice car.

Do you have suggestions for cars of similar quality and size that get better mpg but don't cost more? 2012+ i4 camry gets about 30mpg but would cost at least another $5k for one in similar condition. It would take a lot of driving to recoup that cost, plus those are less comfortable.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The MPG is pretty shit at 23 mpg. Otherwise a nice car.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

It's a literally a rebadged camry. Look at the body harder and compare them.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I bought a 134k mile Avalon in so cal for 4400 last year, mind you this was in a big city. The spark plugs and engine mounts are a b***h to change, the timing belt/water pump job requires removing cam gears, and much of the suspension will need to be rebuilt/changed out. That being said, the 1mzfe engine is excellent if oil has been changed. The most significant downside is low gas mileage; I got no more than 24mpg on the highway. If you are looking for a reliable low cost low fun car to daily, this is a good choice.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If someone manages to abuse a Toyota enough to make the radio buttons fall off you know the owners are monkeys. Also probably never garaged, in the valley that means some serious abuse to the point shit may be melt damaged.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Holy shit AND it's the v6? RUN IT dude. It's smooth, powerful enough to not be a dog, and reliable as FRICK. My 02 v6 SE has been a fanominal work/beater car.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Geez is the market so bad that these are 4500? And that's considered reasonable?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That is such a Black person car. You'll be profiled by your local police for driving that.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What's funny is that you're not wrong at all, my assistant manager at the hotel i work at drives one of these in silver. It's also incredibly dirty as well.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That is such a Black person car. You'll be profiled by your local police for driving that.

are you guys thinking of altimas?

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

are you a street shitter? why in the frick would you buy a camry?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *