Should I pull the trigger on a rebadged V6 AWD Honda Accord?

Should I pull the trigger on a rebadged V6 AWD Honda Accord?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Japanese premium car don't make a lot of sense when you can get a german equivalent for a little bit more

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but it's cheaper to fix in the long run.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And more reliable.

Pull that trigger, anon!

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah but it's cheaper to fix in the long run.

It's a twin turbo V6 in the engine bay designed for a 4cyl Turbo

Look at the Audi B5 S4 if you want to see how those cars will end up in 10 years. M340i is the class leader because it's unironically the most fun and reliable option on the market. Get a IS500 if you want to be different

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Only a fricking moron would equate the TLX Type-S to a B5 S4
            Honda engineering is worlds better than fricking VAG

• 4 weeks ago
            Anοnymουs

>M340i is the class leader because it's unironically the most fun and reliable option on the market.
            1 qt of oil burnt every 5000 miles by design.
            vanos keeps the morons wasting money for a 3rd decade in a row.
            pvc valve and gaskets are a feature.
            I am OK with buying a shitbox and having to spend $300 on a big service, but I am not OK buying a 2nd/3rd generation engine with the same shitty problems.
            there's a reason why nobody touches those in the 2nd hand market because you need an arm and a leg to service the clusterfrick that motor is.
            by the time the b58 reaches 100k miles and needs few gaskets amd a few oil/coolant leaks checked and fixed, the is500 would need another oil change amd it's good to go.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The IS500 would go right back to losing as soon as the BMW mechanic is done tho

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>M340i is the class leader because it's unironically the most fun and reliable option on the market.
            1 qt of oil burnt every 5000 miles by design.
            vanos keeps the morons wasting money for a 3rd decade in a row.
            pvc valve and gaskets are a feature.
            I am OK with buying a shitbox and having to spend $300 on a big service, but I am not OK buying a 2nd/3rd generation engine with the same shitty problems.
            there's a reason why nobody touches those in the 2nd hand market because you need an arm and a leg to service the clusterfrick that motor is.
            by the time the b58 reaches 100k miles and needs few gaskets amd a few oil/coolant leaks checked and fixed, the is500 would need another oil change amd it's good to go.

[...]

>500lbs heavier than the BMW at 4200lbs
            >engine requires to be removed for any service because engine bay is tight
            >still leaks oil cause it's a Honda (every post-2012 Honda fricking leaks oil)
            >timing belt is ridiculous to do cause now it has a turbo and piping
            >still $60k MSRP

just buy a bmw or lexus stop wasting your time this thing is a fricking dud it needs a diet first

IS500 is a car for manlets

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>8 cylinders are for manlets
            I mean yeah, glad someone finally agrees

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Slow and steady wins the race, my fren

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Only a fricking moron would equate the TLX Type-S to a B5 S4
            Honda engineering is worlds better than fricking VAG

>500lbs heavier than the BMW at 4200lbs
            >engine requires to be removed for any service because engine bay is tight
            >still leaks oil cause it's a Honda (every post-2012 Honda fricking leaks oil)
            >timing belt is ridiculous to do cause now it has a turbo and piping
            >still $60k MSRP

just buy a bmw or lexus stop wasting your time this thing is a fricking dud it needs a diet first

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I saw one on the freeway this morning, it had TSX or whatever it is in huge letters on the trunk. That's all I noticed though.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

TLX is a single-turbo V6, they get walked by Kia Stingers all day long.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anοnymουs

I swear some people are just addicted to promoting garbage.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

euro trash is for gypsies

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Id go with the CT5-V anon. More power, better interior and suspension.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

CT5-V s like $40k more than a TLX Type-S.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

no thats the blackwing version. Regular CT5-V has a v6 and is similar price.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because we are all not mohammeds

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mashallah habibi

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are used Acuras cheaper than used Hondas they are recolors of?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Come back to the real world

[...]
      It's a twin turbo V6 in the engine bay designed for a 4cyl Turbo

Look at the Audi B5 S4 if you want to see how those cars will end up in 10 years. M340i is the class leader because it's unironically the most fun and reliable option on the market. Get a IS500 if you want to be different

>Accord 4cyl Turbo is in an engine bay designed for a twin turbo V6
      Ftfy

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

big engine in a small bay = shit broken due to heat cycles and impossible to wrench on outside of a dealership

you literally have to drop the engine on these to do anything more than a oil change. q50/q60 is the same exact way, another v6 twin turbo. those require a engine removal to do turbos for example

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>those require a engine removal to do turbos
          On the upside, the odds of ever needing to replace an OEM turbo is typically very small.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>That platform previously had a V6 in it and you could work on it
          >It then had a turbo i4 in it because CAFEs
          >Now it goes back to V6
          >Anon finds sometimes to complain about
          TSX-S is good frick you. RDX-A is still the better buy.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

V6 = le good
            I4 Turbo = le good
            V6 Turbo = le bad because it now has a bunch of turbo piping and a turbo giving it lots of heat in a tiny bay

this isn't hard

they also get genuinely bad mpg and put down like 300whp which is awful when the car weighs 4200lbs

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>heavy weight = le bad

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>getting 6 cylinders when you could have 4

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Honda i4s are truely of all time

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why would you spend corvette money on something will less power than a minivan?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I know people love to meme about modern cars having too many nanny aids and gimmicks and computer shit, but honestly it's true.

Even just looking at that car, they can't even give it a normal badge because the homosexual sensor for homosexualS behind the grill needs to project homosexual waves so homosexualS don't crash into other homosexualS on the road. I really hate this shit, it's making already mediocre styling even worse. Plus these "Features" are all linked together so when one thing fails it usually gimps a bunch of others.
    I have an Outback for a company car and it does this constantly, fricking "Eyesight" feature just shuts off randomly and then cruise control won't work. Even if I turn off the stupid engine stop-at-red-light feature it just resets itself every time I start the vehicle up again. The gas pedal does whatever it wants, which is never what you tell it to do. SO much cuckery, the thought of actually spending my own hard earned money on a new car is infuriating.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

holy frick those canckles

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah that's how you know she can really take a pounding, when she can base out and brace herself with those things

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's such a good deal compared to it's competitors, especially lexus

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

looks like a cheap audi a7 ripoff

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dollarydoos for an auto only shitbox with the engine facing the wrong way and missing two cylinders
    No

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Muh 4-door 'vette

Cringe.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>muh FWD automatic sedan
        triple cringe

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>paying new car money for a 8 year old clunker

mega cringe

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But I paid new car money for a new one 7 years ago. At least you'd actually be getting something good for your money.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'd take that over a vette all day every day.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

good on you anon but like frick if it makes sense paying anything above $40k for one, gm didn't wanna sell them and theyre way too expensive and not getting newer used

just pay a little more and finance a is500 if you want a similar car but brand new or buy a $20-25k e92 m3 if you want a manual v8 sedan and spend the remainder fixing it up

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

weird lookin audi

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honestly, yes. Not a bad choice at all

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

that's not a very pretty front end.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *