Smelly Car Smell Troubles (g35 more like g u dirty guy)

I bought a g35 coupe in march
>2006
>6MT
>VQ35DE
>128k mi
>Leather int.
It smells bad. Not like godawful bad but enough that my girl doesn't like to ride w me (the exhaust doesn't help) The interior has a hint of ATF (maybe? burned ATF?? idk) generally hot and smelly automotive nastiness that really comes out after a hot drive. My buddy who sold it to me had unsuccessfully replaced the output shaft seal 2x. It was leaking directly down onto the exhaust Y pipe and slung down the entire driveshaft and thus on everything downstream of it. I degreased everything and wiped it all off while I had the driveshaft out changing the seal, smell persists, is it gonna take forever for that residual ATF to "burn off"? What else can I check for? Ozone machine inside?
At its age interior expectedly rough, not unsalvageable. Good seats.
If anyone was wondering:
>it has an ISR catback exhaust
>a Z1 lightwt flywheel
>& a Z1 mild performance clutch
>+ basically rebuilt transmission

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.
    LOL @ that wheel gap

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

its my first immanuel, I wanted jap or german coupe RWD manual

https://i.imgur.com/bbjdiGg.png

acshually its infinitie not that one

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Actually it's not a Nissan it's a Nissan with different badges

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>nissan
        Black folk and spics
        >infinity
        Black folk and hispanics that think they're fancy because they drive an infinity

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

B R E A D
      R
      E
      A
      D

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy a box of baking soda and sprinkle it on every surface then vacuum it up.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

lmao OP i need to know what you paid for this car

>perf mods
    >thrashed to the point of needing a new trans at 120k miles
    >a car well known for running over 200k without major prpblems
    Please tell me what you paid.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nisscum FS6 trannies are known for shitting synchros whenever the frick they feel like it you clueless homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Protip you clueless homosexual powershifting fricks up all transmissions amd OPs piece of shit was boyraced into oblivion by his moron Hispanic "friend" that then ripped him off bad with the sale.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>"a car well known for running over 200k without major prpblems"
          >literally notorious for shitting out synchros

You have zero clue and yet here you are still pretending to be an authority.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Frick off moron

OP you got ripped off by a "friend" and bought a massive abused piece of shit, congrats I bet half the smell is from blown cat gaskets and a really bad tune. You'll be spending almost as much to get the thing in good shape.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cool story bro but you've already proven you have zero knowledge of these cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nope your the moron wrenchlet pussie

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes that's right anon, ZERO KNOWLEDGE.
            >"well known for running over 200k without major prpblems"

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Outside smells shouldnt really permeate to the interior of the car...
    Stinks usually latch onto fabrics, especially synthetics. Think of how much worse a polyester shirt smells after a workout and sitting for a week vs a comparable cotton shirt
    How much work are you willing to put in? Imo you could spend a weekend and pull out the seats to shampoo the carpet. Do the trunk aswell. Maybe lift up the carpets to see if anything is underneath. You never know how bad it is on a 20yr old car. There might even be rust down there.
    You can also hit the headliner with some soapy solution and a cloth to blot out any potential stink hiding in there.
    You can also remove the leather liner and give the seat foam a cleaning. Who knows how many years of diarrhea the thing has seen.
    All this is extreme clean but would 90% take care of any odors. Any remaining odors would be from the HVAC. You can spray lysol directly to the AC evaporator through the blower fan. Once its saturated, run the vents on recirc with your doors and windows closed. Repeat this a few times.
    Goodluck. The Gs are pretty nice and a dying breed

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

For the carpet shampoo, you dont need an extractor. A wetvac will do. If you dont have a steamer, just using hot water will help. If you dont have shampoo, diluted dish soap will probably be fine

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>smell persists
    It’s still leaking. Output shaft wobble will destroy new seals fast. Get a fresh rebuild.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

G35 is a skyline you know. Only non skyline owners will refute this.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *