So I'm about to get a new job that pays decent and I'm also american so i've traded social niceties for spending money, so I'd lik...

So I'm about to get a new job that pays decent and I'm also american so i've traded social niceties for spending money, so I'd like to buy a project car. something $5k-10k, manual, RWD, and something that I can build for track days. I'm thinking a first gen boxster S, what would you guys buy?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

first gen Boxster S' is an incredible track. Dare I say better than 911s. (not faster) but better. That being said its not cheap

Read this. Some dude buys his son a 986 Boxster S and documents him building the car for him. it isn't cheap.

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/1316924-986-hpde-build.html

I hope you know how to wrench.

tl;dr Buy a frickin Miata.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

incredible track car*

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i mean that guy bought one with 160k miles that was sitting in a field for 2 years...what else did he expect

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

did you read the entire thread tho. doesnt matter tho, anything you buy, you will have to spend serious money getting it ready for the track.

>what would you guys buy?
        300zx

you are a moronic broke weeb.

>heavy
        >little to no aftermarket
        >hard to work on.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Porsches are moronic money for parts and aftermarket compared to BMWs which is why I'd buy into a 3-Series instead. Ive seen a few track prepped E30s and E36s for $10k with M3 S52 swaps.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

to no aftermarket
          >>hard to work on.
          3200lb CZP/Z1 not a wrenchlet or poor like you

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I wish my dad would buy me a fricking Porsche

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I hope you know how to wrench
      Inb4 op says he plans on taking it to a shop

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Soft boaty trophy wife cars. Need a total suspension overhaul to be track ready. McDonald’s? No LSD? Afterthought gearing on the S troony. Incredible track car?

I dont think so. Some clubs won’t even let you drive it on track because it’s expensive to get insurance for a roadster.

Yikes. Dude

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>spouts memes
        >doesn't even mention the car's actual issues (obligatory IMS mention, fuel injectors/bore scoring, oil starvation on a track)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Dare I say better than 911s.
      Thanks for the belly laugh. You’re a moronic homosexual. Don’t post on my board again.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you are a Black person who has never touched a Boxster let alone a 911

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>what would you guys buy?
    300zx

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>project car. something $5k-10k, manual, RWD
    135i

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Soft boaty trophy wife cars. Need a total suspension overhaul to be track ready. McDonald’s? No LSD? Afterthought gearing on the S troony. Incredible track car?

I dont think so. Some clubs won’t even let you drive it on track because it’s expensive to get insurance for a roadster.

Yikes. Dude

Much better choice tbh. The auto is actually really good. ZF6 is fast and reliable. No LSD but everything else on an M sport is really good and it has way more power than the boxster

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The cool thing about the 135i is you can get with with a 6 speed ZF slushbox (not bad if you flash it), a 6 speed manual or a 7-speed DCT (similar to the one in the E92 M3).

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How reliable are the dct’s overall? My 2011 with 94k mikes has one and I’m deathly afraid of it crapping out. I wish it had a manual, it would have been my absolute ideal. :/

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

and the 135 is a cool little car too

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I’ve got a 2011; fun little car - but man the previous owners absolutely fricking abused it.
      I think it goes for all used BMW’s; but you’re rolling the dice on a used one. The n55 seems pretty sturdy, as long as it’s well treated and oil changes are kept up on.
      But man, when they run well, they are a pleasure to drive.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>and something that I can build for track days
    You mean modify.
    Build a locost instead. You'll actually be building it and it will be infinitely more rewarding.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would say get a Miata. But those have been raped like 90's civics and anything in good condition is gonna be unreasonably priced. Check the prices of the MR2 Spyder, you'll get an arguably better chassis than the Miata, parts are mostly cheap as it is a partsbin car. The engine sadly is nothing special, but a 2zz swap is basically as easy as pulling the old one and putting in the new one.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're not good at wrenching, start with a motorcycle.
    You're going to need less space and less specialty tools.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

NC Miata, beat the everliving shit out of the 2.0 and 2.5 swap when you blow it up

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>something $5k-10k, manual, RWD, and something that I can build for track days. what would you guys buy?

Miata, Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice, Merc SLK 320, BMW Z4.

I'd probably get the SLK 320 because its a naturally aspirated V6 that you could still turbocharge or supercharge if you wanted and because I like the looks of them.

>I'm thinking a first gen boxster S

Good car, not particularly modification friendly and parts are going to be expensive.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>op asks a question
    >anons answer and ask op for more details
    >op is never heard from again
    Many such cases.
    Abandon thread.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Three days later, AI generated listicle posted on nearly every major site.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *