So what are the worth while weight reduction methods? I'm guessing wheels, tires, and battery are good ones.

So what are the worth while weight reduction methods?
I'm guessing wheels, tires, and battery are good ones.
Are brakes another avenue?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Actually I guess tires don't really save weight. But w.e.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Rotating mass is a major element of acceleration.
      Tires themselves are generally the same across a specific size but what they're mounted to does matter

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Are brakes another avenue?
    Maybe an aftermarket kit with aluminium calipers and rotor hubs

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Is this the starter? What's he going to do without it?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That's the entire windshield wiper assembly.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Wrenchlet

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

lowering wheel/tire weight can be pretty significant to acceleration due to unsprung weight reductions. Shaving a couple pounds per wheel off can give you some slight gains in acceleration. Some wheels are VERY heavy, in those cases you can see big boosts.

Your brakes are trivial and having better braking power is always superior to anything else you can do with them. Good brakes can fundamentally alter a vehicles performance on a track and even on the street sometimes.

But if youre trying to dump weight for track/autocross then pulling seets and sound reduction material can often net you big weight reductions.

Also, losing your own body weight if you're pretty big can be significant.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>weight reduction
    just make it faster

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>le big engine meme
      getting more power means you're faster on the straights and slower everywhere else

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

ehh, you reach a point where no matter how well they corner, you're just so far ahead that they can never catch up (depends on the track tho)

?si=z9wgdMz3AjDvNP14&t=107

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Might as well make a drag car at that point. You won't be having any fun in the turns.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

but making a car that can't turn, turn, is half the fun

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

and i will only ever be half the fun

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>doubt

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what movie is this?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

seconding this

>doubt

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

seconding this
            [...]

the seven ups
            the full car chase is available on youtube, the behind the scenes of it is also very interesting. quite a few close calls with the camera crew. back then if the city council found out they would've thrown a fit. i can only imagine how they'd react if someone did something like this now.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>getting more power means you're faster on the straights and slower everywhere -ACKK

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>V8 is 150 pounds heavier
          What was your point again?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How does more power get you around a corner faster?

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Depends what's "worth while" There are places where it's easy to lose weight but you loose a lot of comfort. I semi gutted my one beater which was sort of worth it. The carpets were fricked so I ripped those out. That was around 20lbs. I never used the back seat so I took that out. That was around 40lbs. The car is already deafening so I took out that black sound deadening material which was surprisingly around 20lbs. btw that shit comes right on is you soak it really good with water. I don't know why people use dry ice and shit to take it off. All in all I saved a little over 100lbs which is noticeable on a clapped out 2500lb shitbox.

Would it be worth stripping a 3500lb daily driver to save 200lbs? Frick no.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A salad.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm 5'10" 165lbs. I don't think I want to lose anymore weight.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Lightweight wheels are the only things that make a real difference. That's it. Otherwise just drive around on low fuel all the time.
    Don't strip everything out of your car to save a measly 50kg at most. 50kg is literally nothing and it's at the cost of all comfort.
    Nothing worse than seeing a classic sports car with all the seats and carpet ripped out because some clown thought saving 20kg would make him faster.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A donut spare is 30lbs. You can feel 30lbs.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you could diet and work out and lose 30lbs and have an overall improved life on top of everything else

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Or you could stop projecting and assume everyone is fat.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stop projecting
            >and assume everyone is fat
            80% overweight
            40% obese
            At least half of all people (in the USA) are considerably more than 25 pounds fat.

I'm fricking fat I weigh 175 when I should weight 155. And I "look normal" but with my shirt off it's flab city, love handles and jiggly thighs.
            When you see someone who is obviously, visibly, very fricking fat they are easily more than 60 pounds overweight. My mother looks like a 55 gallon drum and she weighs almost 210 pounds. It's disturbing and sad.

So yes,
            >assume everyone is fat
            I do and I am right, and when talking to another American at the least there's a 60, 70% chance they are fat, flabby, and half of those are monstrous fat bodies.
            Go frick yourself.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A donut spare is not 30lb and no you can't feel it.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Fold backseats down to lower CG. Easy and cheap

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Downsizing wheels & tires (usually getting down to 17-18” will save you a ton in the long-run)
    Lightweight lifepo4 battery (taiwan makes some now I believe)
    Carbon bucket seats will save a ton of weight
    Remove plastic engine cover, etc.
    Carbon fenders and hood can sometimes be done relatively cheaply
    Carbon roof is great, but expensive
    I don’t think it’s worth stripping the interior, AC, sound-deadening, etc unless you’re competitively racing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Other good things to do:
      titanium muffler (saves 20lbs)
      steering wheel (especially if you have a 90’s shitbox without an airbag to begin with)
      lightweight flywheel (10lbs maybe)
      wavy, two pieces rotors and forged lugnuts (saves some weight but costs a lot)

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I would simply start with a fast car and make it faster

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Go on a diet

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

short of removing the whole AC system a battery relocation would see a noticeable difference in weight distribution. moving it from the engine bay to the trunk can result in a 1-1.5% change which is absolutely noticeable to even the average driver.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>noticeable difference in weight distribution
      i should clarify that that post is meant to be remarking about your wish to remove weight. you would see a bigger effect just redistributing that weight around rather than just shedding it for what is most likely lesser gains.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

a diet

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Buy old race car.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

seats
    interior trim pieces
    radio/speakers
    catalytic converters
    replace glass with lexan

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Reducing amount of sound deadening mats.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had a friend that made his 2001 "lose weight" It was just a nice stock car and he chose to drive around without interior panels and other parts, and of course when he wanted to sell it to buy another car, the parts were missing and had to sell it for junk prices. Many such cases.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Boot struts

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Are brakes another avenue?
    Yeah get rid of the brakes, they just slow you down.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

none unless you're actually racing in a competitive series. no, track days do not count.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

until youve spent about $10-20k on track time you wont see gains from weight loss

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

go to the gym and drop 75 pounds, will make you feel better, makes it easier to drive and the car will be a hair faster

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Weight reduction
    >Tyres
    What?

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

unless 0.01 seconds a lap matters to you, don't bother.
    your car's limiting factor is you.
    .t burns through $5,000+ worth of race tires a year

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Semen slurping

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Losing weight if you're a fatfrick for one

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Whats actually worth it
    >remove rear seats
    >remove sound deadening
    >replace front seats with buckets
    >relocate battery
    >lighter wheels

You can always go full moron but the things on the list have the greatest effect and you can put the rest back in when you cant store it all somewhere. All you need to store are the stock seats.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *