So what do you think of the new Tacoma? Based or just another 4 cyl cucktruck?

So what does DA think of the new Tacoma?

Based or just another 4 cyl cucktruck?

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

hideous michael bay transformers looking ass homie

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think it looks alright, smoothbrained engine choice though.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't buy one solely because of the engine.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cuck truck. Would be be nice if Toyota continued to press on with a v6 (maybe with TT a lá EcoBoost for the tundra). I still can't wrap my head around any new truck price irregardless or make/model/trim these days

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ugly as frick and has a massive amount of overhang underneath the front. For a 4cyl it's not like there's much under the hood, why does Toyota give their cars such fat chins?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It gives 0.0001 better mpgs

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They fell deep into the meewing rabbit hole.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Ugly as frick and has a massive amount of overhang underneath the front.
      is this massive front overhang in the room with your right now?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The front is lower than the rest of the car, moroning the approach angle. My Rav4 had this issue and I ended up damaging the trans fluid pan causing a leak. There was a massive belly hanging off the front of the bonnet portion and sure enough it ended up scraping, often.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

you can take it off, it only had 4 bolts ffs. it's only there for EPA certification

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You can take that shit off in the parking lot.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

its done on a lot of cars for MPG ratings. they are made to be easily taken off.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>8 kb jpeg

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm all for a nice and simple naturally aspirated engine in a truck but it needs to be a truck engine A Camry engine that makes it's power at 7000rpm and gets 15mpg does nothing for me. At that point a shitty turbo 4banger is an upgrade. At least it makes torque now.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They're all equipped with the turbocharged 2.4L. The only option is if you want to add a hybrid system to it, too.

Shit waste of double trips, friend.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lol I bet you have not even test driven the Tacoma vs Camry with the 3.5l V6 engines. Tacoma engine definitely gives more of its power,torque at lower rpms than the Camry.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I just bought a 2024 Ridgeline.

> Ridgline is cheaper
    > it's quieter
    > more roomy inside
    > softer ride
    > larger bed, and no wheel well shapes in the way
    > in bed trunk
    > a V6 that will do 0 - 60 in 6 seconds

Why the frick would I pick up the 4 cylinder turbo trash that Toyota is about to drop?

> but the Ridgeline can't go off road!

who gives a frick. Like anyone is actually taking trucks beyond a little mud or gravel.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>a v6 with cylinder deactivation you cant turn off

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Ridgeline can't go off road!
      It suck for towing, but if you don't need that, than it's great, best of the unibody cutaway CUVs. Shame they made it eggshit after 1st gen.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's too pigfat. They caved into all the morons that are shopping half-tons high-chairs that thought it was too cramped for their lard.
    At least they kept the manual, but they're going to make ten/month or only have it available for two very specific configurations and wonder why nobody is buying the manual.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>UHHH I WANNA PITTUP TWUCK HIGHOFFA DA GWWWWOND

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tacoma peaked with the 2nd gen.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Tacomas were never good. Made in America and mexico trash.
      If you side by side a 3rd gen 4runner and a 1st gen tacoma. It's a night and day difference in build quality while being nearly the same truck

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My neighbor went out and bought a brand new Tacoma. I was checking it out and he was talking about their legendary reliability (despite one of the most expensive recalls of all time) and I was like yeah but I don’t think they’re made in Japan anymore and he was like yeah probably in the USA now. I looked at the door plaque and it said Sinaloa Mexico. I chuckled a little and said don’t worry I’m sure there are quality control processes.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Still running off brand notoriety from 2000s
          >legendary reliability
          They all suffer from "it's a toyota" maintenance schedule of frick-all. Every other first gen Tacoma seemingly had an engine replacement and all sorts of expensive bullshit if the frame lasted long enough.
          Second gen looks goofy as hell, until they gave it angry headlamps and bloated the proportions, but I guess it fixed the frame. Then third gen was full of focus group compromises, and fourth gen built on that and included new moronic regulation compliance. And Toyota JP finally let them do something with Hino's hybrid tech.

I suppose if you buy them new and then get rid of it at the first sign of your neglect coming back to bite you in the ass, then yeah sure they have awesome reliability.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

my 2018 tacoma was "made" in texas. i think they are "made" in mexico now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>i think they are "made" in mexico now.
            they are, around 2020 they shut down tacomas being made in texas.

Lol I bet you have not even test driven the Tacoma vs Camry with the 3.5l V6 engines. Tacoma engine definitely gives more of its power,torque at lower rpms than the Camry.

NTA
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GR_engine#2GR-FKS
            The tacoma is only 278hp vs the camry 301hp for the same engine.

I'm not really sure what the difference is in tune or components. My guess is that it is something to do with the drivetrain and gearing that effects the ratings rather that the engine itself. I would be curious to know if the hp and torque ratings are at the wheels or the crank.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You’re baiting right? Tacomas regularly go 300k+ miles on the original powertrain.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I own a tacoma and a 4runner
          The tacoma is trash

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Its just so trendy to hate on tacomas

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tacoma itself is good pickup truck, but the newest engines are garbage.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>hecho en mexico
    hard pass

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If your assembly line is designed correctly it shouldn’t matter if it’s american mexicans or mexican mexicans on the line

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't know why I would pay $10k extra for a truck that's only slightly more capable than a Ford Maverick.
    >muh yota reliability
    >muh taliban vehicle
    Nothing is sadder than larping that your vehicle is a hilux when it's nothing more than a glorified grocery getter.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *