So what is the cheapest and easiest 4 wheel motorsports any retard can get into?

So what is the cheapest and easiest 4 wheel motorsports any moron can get into? Whenever I google this question the top answer is always parking lot autocross but that's shitty because I'm not going to pay to be a volunteer picking up traffic cones at a walmart while all of the boomer regional association leaders (HOA for cars, essentially) tell me what to do. I'm willing to do shifter karting but there's nothing around my area as far as i can find (florida)
ive had a sim setup before but i didnt find it too enjoyable (would just goof around on beamng with g29 most times)

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Paved oval tracks often have spectator race nights, street racing is free, and then there is autox and drag strip bracket racing. Anything else is going to be big money

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Spec Miata or NASA/SCCA Time Trials, or Gridlife Track Battle

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>im poor
      >my time is too valuable to work the course
      lmao

the only affordable gridlife class to be competitive in is sundae cup
      SCCA TTN has a bunch though

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>>my time is too valuable to work the course
        nta but if I'm paying $40 to run the course I'm not doing their work for them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

1. racing is expensive
      2. the answer is karts, followed by circle tracks

these are more expensive than they seem, and dollars per seat time is higher than circle track racing
      however, if you absolutely insist on road racing, then you should also add B-Spec to that list

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Open lapping with a shitbox, spend money on maintenance, reliability mods, tires, and if you're feeling extra spicy some nicer suspension
    If you want to actually compete in wheel to wheel racing then your best bet is ice racing, anything on pavement will get real expensive real fast

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you are poor, autocross is perfect. It’s not much more wear on your car than a few on-ramp pulls but you get to work on more technical skills like picking a line and left foot breaking. Go try it once, it’s fun.
    Drag racing can also be a somewhat cheap way to see what your car can do in a straight line. Every little thing you do makes a difference to your time.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Demolition derby

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Actually expensive and time consuming.
      >have to buy disposable car.
      >have to install safety equipment (5 point harness, door bars, fuel cell).
      >have to modify car (exhaust so it doesn't get crumpled and choke off engine, notch frame, remove all glass, access holes for fire crew).
      And after all that you get one (1) night of fun and then you throw away that car and start again

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's time to become a tougechad

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Most fun I ever had was rallying crossovers on relatively well paved paths.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Go-karting, test 'n' tune drag nights, and street racing.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Autocross is an excellent way to start off before transitioning to road racing.
    you can't do any cheaper than Autocross.
    alt.
    Carting isn't cheap and it full of weird white dudes.
    Spectator Drags are extreme risky.
    Drag race boys are pretty chill, but not much fun when ur car doesn't have 500+ horsepower.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

But autocross fricking sucks. Stand around 5 hours watching cones for 2-3 min of seat time in the whole day.
      Go Karting at those places where they provide the karts are legit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I do 30+ Autocross events a year, and I've never had to stand around for 5hrs.
        usually it takes about 35min to work a secession.
        or get into the club more and not work the course at all.

Carting or road racing is so much more expensive it's not even comparable.
        every track day I do costs me about $1,000.
        1/3 of tire life.
        1/2 brake pad life.
        kills an oil change.
        general wear and tear.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, come watching is usually in shifts. But how much seat time do you get? Even walking the course doesn’t really familiarize you with how it feels. I’ve never come out of an autocross happy. I could just hit up a rural parking lot by myself at 2 AM.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The lowest seat time is my local scca sweats, you get 6 1 minute runs. The local autox crew gives you 12 1 minute runs and the further away one if there's low turnout they let you run nonstop, I'll get 50 if I want

Fun fact the reason why you get little runs at scca is because its a competition first and the fast drivers will be up to their speed after 3 attempts and anything after that is a waste of tires

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>anything after that is a waste of tires
            So stop running giggahomie soft tyres if it means you don't actually get to DRIVE <<<< you know the whole purpose behind the hobby

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the purpose of the hobby is using your brain to tackle the challenge of getting the car around a geometric shape the fastest, better than everyone else. autox works this brain muscle better than anything else with a different layout every time. what you guys dont get is that while the fast guys are running after cones theyre aggressively taking in how to run the course watching the other fast guys, it's not idle time at all. theyre not bored during the course walk, theyre feeling out the low grip spots in the tarmac with their feet and finding references for avoiding them. last time i talked about this i got called a cringy moron on here but the scca guy i learned this from finished out his team's TCR race in 4th at daytona a couple of months ago. he posted a video of 50 drivers feeling out how the daytona curbs felt in the wet with their shoes. they'll spend hours walking a track by themselves to learn little things about it you cant learn at 100mph. this spot looks flat but it's a slight decline etc

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

is this copy pasta? it's moronic enough to be

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You should copy paste it in every autox thread to make fun of the cringy moron and transfer distilled imsa champion brain to noobs new to the hobby via dunning kruger

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>autox works this brain muscle better than anything else
            based moron with a 2 dimensional brain

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

mericans dont have autocross?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Not real autocross. We have 45-second cone tracks in parking lots and you get 3-4 runs in a day and you have to watch cones or hear idiots explain why they think their car is super-special the rest of the time.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Conegays don't seriously feel like they're "racing" when they drive around on a perfectly flat carpark at 50mph do they bros?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Timed motorsport event
      >Used by Randy Pobst to break into motorsports as a boomer

Are you faster than Randy Pobst?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I can assure you I go much faster than the big steep hill at my touge that randy andy does at the local flat carpark

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>I am slower than Randy

reminder the fastest touge drivers either do spec miata, drive in the advanced/instructor group during track days/hpdes, or have multiple autox trophies under their belt, just a observation from the basedcal touge scene

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Don't care, I'm not wasting a Saturday for 3 minutes of seat time when I could just hoon by myself anywhere anytime.
            I do track days though, sometimes 3-4 hours of seat time. Autocross is just a social jerkoff event.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You won't develop the skills to catch a car at the limit anywhere other than the open pavement of a AutoX unless you really want to meet solid objects, and track days don't have timing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I pass the limit on the street for fun nearly every day and have done so for 20 years now.
            I know how to drift on the street (every track I've been to doesn't allow intentional oversteer), I've driven 180mph several times, I push the limits all the damn time. I was even in a racing team in the late 00s with evos, STis, an NSX, and a GT-R owned by a Porche GT3 cup driver. Perks of living somewhere rural with nice roads.
            AutoX is garbage, I could "test those limits" in a parking lot by myself for hours at a time (that's how I learned to drift).
            And timing? Who gives a frick when you only get to run a course 3x at slow speeds? Mario Kart has timing and you can run all day. Also yes they do have timing you just have to press a button when you cross the line.
            Street hooning / racing uber alles.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>You won't develop the skills to catch a car at the limit anywhere other than the open pavement of a AutoX

Heh.... nice fantasy conegay....
            It'd be a real shame if some tougechad just MOGGED you in a van...

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

im getting offers from local DE groups to coach noobs now for free seat time. it'll be nice to save $1500 a year but my practice weekends will be more busy and my friends tell me ill get some nightmare students that will make me regret it

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

rally on public roads

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Autocross homie

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It is the cheapest and easiest 4 wheel motorsports any moron can get into, even though your local autocross wants to israelite you out of more money. I'd look for other autocross events that aren't as expensive.
    Also, no one else is going to tell you this, but autocross is going to teach you the wrong things about driving. It's not going to be skills that translate well at all to real world conditions or other forms of motorsport.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>So what is the cheapest and easiest 4 wheel motorsports any moron can get into?
    Streetracing

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How about dune racing I bet you could get a used open buggy for a fair price

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That looks really fun actually, but I don't think Florida beaches let you do this.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

fifth gen gang where u at?

otherwise, do anything but gay ass cone racing on a flat parking lot loooolz

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Karting, cash limited series, rally (not in North America), drag racing and banger racing along with some short track and hill climb stuff can be done on a relatively low budget

All that said it's probably the most expensive hobby that doesn't involve aircraft or water. Put it this way. Do you have about the average salary in your country lying around doing nothing? That's about what it takes to do a cheap form of racing. Karting can be cheaper but it's still going to involve some heavy costs

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

In fact, I've now found my spending list from last year for hill climbing in the UK. I already had the car and that's down to you what you get, but:
      >Insurance was £650. I've been racing for years. Expect it to be higher. In the US you'll need additional insurances.
      >Fuel was £1000
      >Other consumables and fluids and tyres came in at £2000
      >Repairs were £2700 and I did a lot of this myself
      >Entries and other admin fees came in at £1100

You'll also need various things like fireproofs, gloves, boots and a helmet. You'll also need a way of getting your vehicle there if it isn't road legal. You can do this for cheaper and I'm not saying you must do hillclimbs, but hillclimbs and sprints are universally regarded as being at the cheaper end of car racing

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Hill climb requires a crash cage ($5000), dedicated tow rig and trailer (caged cars are deathtraps without a helmet, anything where you have a chance of the car not making it home functionally requires this), and regularly gigatotals cars. You also get about the same seat time as autox, a couple of passes max. I don't know what's funnier, you suggesting a sport with an error margin of inches to noobs who don't know how a tire works or you suggesting that it's cheap

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>cheapest 4 wheel motorsports

cyclekarts

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>1 wheel drive
      YIKES

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>So what is the cheapest and easiest 4 wheel motorsports any moron can get into?
    Jokamiehenluokka, entry level as it gets and cheap as frick and fair because if someone wants to buy your car you have to sell it, it keeps competition fair and low cost.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Bet they're racing ford ka's and toyota echos now after they've exhausted their supply of cool shit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Bet you're sitting at your PC instead of racing cars. A ka at 10/10ths is still more fun than twiddling your thumbs shitting up the internet.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

HooptieX is autocross, rally, demolition derby, and drifting all in one. Run what you brung, any dingus on 4 wheels can have a go. All you need is a car, a helmet, and a secured battery.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *