So which Honda engine is supposed to be the best ones? I know there's B, K, and H series engines.

So which Honda engine is supposed to be the best ones?
I know there's B, K, and H series engines.
These days everyone is doing K swaps, but back in the 00s H swaps were popular.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Everyone does J and K. B and H are pretty much history (out of manufacture for 20 years = $$$$$).
    Honda does everything with L-series motors these days, people have been swapping L-motor parts for ones with higher tuning potential. K and J are on their way out. Snap them up while they're still cheap.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

H swaps were popular because the wiring was easy and they were cheap/common. Otherwise they suck. They don't make power easily N/A, they usually came with long geared cable transmissions, and they're physically big and heavy where they don't fit easily in Civics/Integras.

Honda put Ks in every car for the last 20 years so now those are cheap and common, and the wiring is mostly figured out

B Series was the best but distributors and good transmissions are drying up for them. Ironically you can get B16 heads from AliExpress now and they're actually okay.

J still has the packaging issue and not done for anything other than the novelty.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Honda put Ks in every car for the last 20 years
        Not really since 2016, you could argue the direct-injected K24W's of 2012-2016 aren't "real" K-motors because everything is so different on them.

>not done for anything other than the novelty.
        260-300hp N/A from the factory, easily pushing 600 with FBO? nutters have been putting them in civics and 4banger Accords for a while now, it's not that uncommon

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

How are you getting 600hp out of a J Series N/A? Maybe with a snail. And you can pull 260-300hp out of a K24 with a stock bottom end. It's the packaging + torque that's a problem with them...torque is not good for a FWD car that doesn't have the physical ability to transfer the weight back onto the drive wheels during acceleration.

And there's still a million K24As in Japan so you can get them for $1000 all day long from importers, usually out of stuff like vans.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>How are you getting 600hp out of a J Series N/A?
            With a turbo. for whatever reason my tard ass thought FBO meant turbo. mb
            >.torque is not good for a FWD car that doesn't have the physical ability to transfer the weight back onto the drive wheels during acceleration.
            spinning tires is FUN, plus thats what traction control/boost by gear is for. Monster torque is good for acceleration at highway speeds (rolling burnout in 4th, anyone?)
            >$1000 japanese K24As
            more of then than not, those are junkyard USDM K24A2s (or K24A4s if you're particular unlucky) with the numbers scratched off.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://www.fb.com/share/MhLadGRPtcTV4dQ7/

Spinning tires is slow though. And a lot of those K24As are out of stuff like JDM Odysseys apparently. I wonder if the K24W is comparable.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I wonder if the K24W is comparable.
            It's a fragile economy motor similar to the L-series.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not sure on Dyno numbers but this supercharged j32 looks fast

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>distributors
        Not an issue if you go standalone and convert to coil over plug with a cam position sensor.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

JNC1

This is one of the very few engines first used in a road car , and later transferred in a completely unchanged form to motorsport .

There is ONLY one such engine besides it - BMW S70/2 (most racing engines have maybe a block from the factory).

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

whichever one faces the correct direction and drives the rear wheels

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>turn the engine 90s degrees

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not op but i got a question
    Can i make 250-300whp with the k20a3 reliably and for how much
    I can't look at any other engine because of laws/availability

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Can i make 250-300whp with the k20a3
      yes
      >reliably
      if you build the motor (k20a2/k20z3 crank namely)
      >for how much
      depends on how long you want it to last
      >hurr durr i can only use this one shitty motor because shit nobody cares about
      K20A3 is a dog motor, it's basically a K24A4 but with 400cc less displacement and even more fragile internals. You'd be better off with literally any other K-motor.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The mf K24 big blocc

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A B18C head and a B20A block because im a boomer that hasn't left the 90s yet.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

vtec swaps are a novelty, nothing beats a non vtec b18 with a ported head and good cams.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

idk i'm not trans

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have the JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

all my coworkers have encyclopedic knowledge of these honda motors and have like 120hp combined across their running vehicles that they drive to work.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

mexican americans, love honda engines, and they "know how to make it a 10 second car", but they never willllllll~~~

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>D series
    It's the donkey in the stable of Honda engines. There are some performance variants but stock they're no match for a B. They have a healthy aftermarket and a Vitara will always be cheaper to build than a B series
    >B series
    The hero of yesteryear, incredible performance and value for it's time. Very outdated and has no use in anything made after 2000. Prices have gone up on both the engine and any cars it can swap into so it's more of a novelty vs the bargain it once was
    >H series
    B's big brother. It's heavy but weak internally. No real benefit other than swapping it into something with an F series as parts are very compatible between the two. I think it only came in Preludes so it's just as experimental as the rest of the car
    >F series
    There's really 2 F series. You have the workhorse F series from the Accords(and other models), and the F series from the S2000. What the D series is to the B series is what the F series is to the H series, a SOHC economy engine first and foremost with some performance variants.
    The S2000 F series is an F in name only. It spins the opposite direction and shares like no parts with the original design. It's like a prequel to the K series and is the rarest of all these engines
    >J series
    SOHC V6 that remained in production almost unchanged for over 25 years. Has SOHC VTEC and is very nice for croozing. Too heavy to be practical in swaps, like the other anon said it's just swapped as a "because I could" thing
    >K series
    It's called the LS of 4 cylinders for a reason. Incredibly basic and durable design. It's unmatched, even beyond Hondas. If you can't fit an LS in it then you're putting a K series in. Honda took everything they learned from the other engines and put it all into a design as close to perfection as you can get. While they're still in production and parts are kind of cheap, any version you'd actually give a shit about is getting expensive
    >L series
    Piece of shit economy engine on steroids

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *