Why have RPMs stagnated? Is it due to focusing solely on gas mileage and emissions?

>1980’s shitbox race engine: 11,000 RPM
>2020’s shitbox race engine: sorry, illegal, gonna have to impound & crush your car
Why have RPMs stagnated? Its it due to focusing solely on gas mileage and emissions?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Its it due to focusing solely on gas mileage and emissions?
    Yes.

For example BMW hasn't made an NA engine since 2007

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>N52
      >N42
      >N53
      >N62
      >etc
      all in use up to around 2015.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>2005
        >2001
        >2007
        >2001

Ok and when were they made moron?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

shitbox race engines are illegal? news to me. I've been building a new 4 pot for a car I'm building and everything is above board with local government and law enforcement

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Car modifications are illegal in many places, especially engine seaps.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Oh. You mean for brand new cars. Yeah, sucks to be you I guess. Because I'm building a ubilt (from scratch) car using a donor engine that I'm building to near race spec from an older 70s era engine it's exempt from all of those regs which I had double and triple checked as well as checking to make sure the straight piped exhaust cleared the dB meter of the cops at idle which it passed with flying colours.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

moron

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

4A-GE never reved to 11k stock not even close.
    Stock AE86 has redline of 7500 rpm
    Stock K20a has redline of 8400 rpm
    Comparing modified engines doesn't make sense either because they dont have to pass emissions also even older engines had so much time of aftermarket R&D (350 sbc) that can rev to 10k

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

dagumi's motor would've needed an external starter and idled at over 7000 rpm
    The actual race engine supposedly in his car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Are you fricking moronic? Those idle at 700-900 RPMs and can be started with a normal starter.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>idled at over 7000 rpm
      so that's where chrysler's prototype gas turbine car ended up

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

that's moronic, but it would have needed a complete rebuild after a week of delivering tofu, also op is moronic even in the tranimeshit it is pointed out that putting a group a spec race engine into your beater is not legal

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is fricking moronic. It was just a TRD Group A specced silver topped 4A-GE. It idled at ~900RPM just like every other version of those engines. They also have their own starter motors, as did literally everything else in the class at that time. Plenty of people have put together identically specced ~250hp silver or black topped 4A-GE engines, or "hybrids" with the head slapped onto a 1.8l 7A lower. It's Group A, not F1.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Uhh cartoons aren't real life dude

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

unfortunately tranime is real

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Did he run a peripheral port rotary and then double the idle speed?!

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why would you want an 11,000 rpm engine, anon? If all your power is way up there, that means the engine is an absolute turd down low and in daily driving situations, thats why they're not made, they have no balls.

Also I don't care how high an engine revs if it only puts out 160hp, that's garbage.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

F1 brainwashed consumers into thinking tiny anemic high strung engines are cool
      >they use it in the racecar so it must be good! muh SKREEMIN rpms!
      They think there's somehow a direct correlation between redline and fun, ignoring literally all other factors such as torque, overall power, and power band. It's why people are paying 30k for an s2000 because muh redline even though it's a gutless little b***h engine until vtec kicks in, makes less torque than a 3/8 socket wrench, makes the brz torque dip look like a straight line, and ultimately makes significantly less power than any other 4 cylinder with a turbo.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I personally love gutless high-revving engines. I've driven enough diesel engines to know I fricking hate them.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm the opposite. After driving my fairshare of naturally aspirated 4 and 6-cylinders big and small displacement

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>RPM
    >illegal
    nothing is made illegal but its way cheaper to make a i4 tarbo 250hp than building an i6.

and rpm definitley means more consumption.
    a gas engine basically cools with extra gas starting at around 3000 rpm.
    sounds weird but its true.

I can remember a comparison of a 1.4 i4 tarbo and a 3.0 i6 NA at exactly 180kph from a magazine.
    the i6 was significantly lower on consumption but the all over value was higher of course.
    and the emission of the tarbo were horrible compared to the i6.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

just get a bike if you want high rpm
    get a two stroke engine if you want something that doesn't move until you get past 7K

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You also have to remember that the 11,000rpm engine was out of a professional race car, in the cartoon. It wasn't just some engine you could build at home

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why have RPMs stagnated?
    Direct injection doesn't like high rpms from what I read, and the di Satan is good for emissions and generates more low end power so there isn't the parasitic drag of spinning all the engine internals to the moon. so we get direct insemination from now on.
    >t. repairs furniture for a living and fricks around with old cars and motorcycles so I'm not an expert.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

probably because the AE86 in the show blew it's engine and had a rally-spec custom built engine installed. it's not a stock 4AGE after like, halfway through stage 2 moron.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *