Someone QRD me on aftermarket mufflers. What do I get if I install one?

Someone QRD me on aftermarket mufflers. What do I get if I install one?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

a muffler

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How do i make my exhaust as quiet as possible without limiting too much flow? I tried to add extra resonator inline and a OEM cat but its still too loud for my tastes. I just want to hear nothing at all.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Buy some Rolls Royce mufflers. They're just quieter. Then add more mufflers.
      >I just want to hear nothing at all.
      Buy an EV.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The time is not right to convert my car to EV. Maybe if hydrogen fuel cells become mainstream

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>The time is not right to convert my car to EV.
          Then buy a plugin hybrid, first ~50 miles is EV with no noise.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

your resonator needs to be matched to your cat/engine type. then get a suitcase muffler and your shit will be quiet and smooth. I have a vibrant 17930 with an aftermarket cat (loud as hell) and a thick borla suitcase and it sounds stock.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Hmm very interesting. My car is a 1994 geo metro btw. I read someone put a ford 9n muffler instead of resonators in? I dont know about that

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

you're already doing the right thing, it's an old platform I'm sure someone out there has figured out how to frankenstein a good exhaust sound on the boomer forums.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Boomers only want loud to compensate for their lack of hearing I guess. zoomers only want loud because idk.
            No one ever does quiet

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Some engines sound good, so why not turn up the volume? Also loud mufflers usually mean better flowing mufflers meaning greater power.

Seriously, ever hear a Rolls Royce? No you haven't because they've quieted it down to the point where you struggle to hear the car running at idle, or even on acceleration. Same with engine vibration; its dampened so much you can't feel it with your hand on the hood.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I want to hear nothing. no road noise. no wind noise. no fuel pump whining in the background and definitely no engine or exhaust noises.
            am i austistic?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you into crime, Anon?
            Also every car with GPS, has GPS

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yes

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>am i austistic?
            Probably. Hows your Tinnitus? Also, its a 30 year old Geo Metro. You're just going to hear a lot of shit. Buy a better car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You are chasing an unattainable pipe dream, unless you are willing to put thousands of dollars into acoustic modifications. I spent a couple years nailing down every single plastic rattle and creak in my 00s GM machine and I had to learn to accept the nature of the beast.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I already did the rattle eliminating when I tore down the dashboard to dynamat the entire firewall. Stuffed dashboard full of sound insulation material too but it still didnt help enough.

The exhaust noise should be easy compared to that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the oem puts a lot of resources into R&D for the exhaust, you can try but it's likely going to be a lot of trial and error if you can't work out the ideal resonator/muffler dimensions with some fairly complex math etc.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're mentally ill

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Resonators

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

louder engine, maybe a horsepower or two

There's a Honda Prelude that I see driven by a High-school student and it has the top half of a gas cylinder welded to the exhaust. Kind of jealous he has a Prelude in the first place, as they're comfy cars.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

More noises
    Moist school girls
    Hatred from normies

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Hatred from normies
      they love loud cars

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

my ls3 is kinda loud ish. for every "mmm" look i notice, i see a "ugh smol pp" look. its around 5050

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

that's similar to my experience, but because it's a nice sounding engine in a shitbox with no ricer mods, add "wait, where is that fricking noise coming from" to the equal split

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The size of the muffler will not effect airflow if the inlet and outlet is the same size as the whole pipe. Mufflers too small to engine specification will be louder and at risk for rupture.

6. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

I would not buy a muffler op I think its a bad idea.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i need a dual exhaust

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

?si=6ywxwwEWtCrGueB0

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>dual exhaust on inline poor

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if its a gr corolla its a 3 banger. But from the pic it looks like a faker.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/9NPftwQ.gif

>dual exhaust on inline poor

i didn't mean a true dual exhaust. just need two tail pipes in the diffuser.
          also its not a GR and i bought this car before the GR was even announced.
          i wrecked the bottom left side into a wall.
          i had no treads and slipped in the rain.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I started hearing pops on my downshifts after installing an aftermarket exhaust. well worth the $200

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Increased melanin levels, think of what happened to Michael Jackson but in reverse.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

we are but simple builders
      we must mod, we must build.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is there any muffling benefit to adding a can muffler like that (or like a good version of that) to a system that has mid mounted mufflers?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

probably. would be quieter than a straight pipe for sure. i know an anon here just put three resonators (i think it was green ute anon) and that apparently sounds quite nice

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what does the blue tip mean?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Titanium welds leave blue hues.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why isn't the rest of the thing blue then or at least the weld joints attaching tiny thing to big thing?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Because they just heat the tip with a torch or induction heater as a style gimmick.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

oh ty

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

adds 2 horsepower

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The 13 WRX I drive has an Impreza Sport exhaust on it that I imagine the previous owner installed to make it quiet as frick

I hated it at first but tbh it being a street sleeper is actually pretty cool, nobody expects a WRX that sounds as quiet as a Corolla

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

tinnitus

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *