Something I don't understand about the pro EV people and the environmentalists is that they're all in on wanting people to drive electric ca...

Something I don't understand about the pro EV people and the environmentalists is that they're all in on wanting people to drive electric cars. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I know that if you have like a full green cycle where solar power charges batteries and shit the only environmental cost is in the lithium mining to build the batteries and solar cells.

But why is any of that needed? Instead of burning gasoline or diesel or making huge strip mines for lithium, why haven't the environmentalists considered making a car that doesn't need gas or electricity to move? If you could have a car that didn't require anything to drive people from A to B, that seems like it'd be a much bigger win for the environment than EVs, but they don't seem to be talking about building anything like this. Drivers wouldn't have to pay for either gas or pay to charge their cars, you could just get in your car and go somewhere without ever paying anything. We have generative AI and all sorts of crazy tech these days, I think a car that was literally free to operate shouldn't be that hard to make

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

What do you mean, everyone on here is worried about what other people are driving.

I save $3k a year and it's my own business. But I do bring it up when relevant. Solar + charger and RAV4 Prime is peak life

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

wouldnt it be easier to just not have solar or a charger though?

>why haven't the environmentalists considered making a car that doesn't need gas or electricity to move?

Yes, why haven't environmentalists (80iq extremists) invented a car that runs on magic

it's not magic if technology can make it happen. advanced technology can be mistaken for magic

Yeah, they're called carriages. We named cars after them. They were pulled by horses, and used for millenia.

https://i.imgur.com/pjmQObp.jpg

>If you could have a car that didn't require anything to drive people from A to B, that seems like it'd be a much bigger win for the environment than EVs
      Gee I don't know.

carriages are pulled by animals and bicycles are pulled by people, im talking about a vehicle that doesnt need to be pulled by anything, including its own engine

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

>advanced technology can be mistaken for magic
        You're quoting a sci-fi author, Arthur C. Clarke. This is not a real-life phenomenon, and it does not mean that technology can break the laws of physics. You fricking mongrel. You absolute fricking imbecile.

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

But it is a real life phenomenon. See the film: the God's must be crazy.or any low IQ person using any technology IRL

2. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>why haven't the environmentalists considered making a car that doesn't need gas or electricity to move?

Yes, why haven't environmentalists (80iq extremists) invented a car that runs on magic

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

>we have Ai
      >We should now be able to break physics

Sirs, I can suggest E=mc^2+AI...

https://i.imgur.com/iInj0iI.png

You're quoting a sci-fi author, Arthur C. Clarke. This is not a real-life phenomenon, and it does not mean that technology can break the laws of physics. You fricking mongrel. You absolute fricking imbecile.

https://i.imgur.com/KJIhiFX.jpg

I for one welcome the return of the age of sail

>ten years ago people would have said generative AI was breaking the laws of what computers could and couldn't do
      You know NOTHING about AI and it fricking shows. Shut the frick up it's embarrassing to read your ramblings.
      >this sort of mentality is why progress doesn't happen
      You sound like one of Elon Musk homosexuals. Progress has nothing to do with "mentality" or "mindset" you fricking moron. The world doesn't work that way. There's no escaping physics.
      [...]
      >the God's must be crazy
      Seen it. You're talking about a comedy movie you moron. And it still doesn't mean technology can break the laws of physics. To make a vehicle move you have to exert a force on it. That force has to come from somewhere. Energy doesn't appear from nothing.

Nuclear power, Cars?

3. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, they're called carriages. We named cars after them. They were pulled by horses, and used for millenia.

4. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>If you could have a car that didn't require anything to drive people from A to B, that seems like it'd be a much bigger win for the environment than EVs
    Gee I don't know.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

real environmentalists know that individual traffic is simply not compatible with saving the planet and it never will be.

BEVs are a greenwashed thing when it comes to reality. to much cars, way to heavy, to much lithium/capacity, etc.
      but it pleases the manufactures as the new solution because its allowing them to go 'green' and increase their returns.
      in addition, the emissions are 100% brought to those who cannot defend themselves, the places the lithium mining takes place.
      right now they buy cheap batteries from china, throw a electric motor to it and a standard chassis.
      >that will be $100k
      first results from TÜV, technical surveillance team in germany confirmed the quality is worse than before.
      nothing better than acting suprised when it comes to weight-made extra wear.
      printing money.

a car without gas, diesel, power? you do know this is not possible, right?

this

5. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>we have Ai
    >We should now be able to break physics

Sirs, I can suggest E=mc^2+AI...

6. 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 months ago
      Anonymous

even though I know this is a joke this is still human powered

https://i.imgur.com/iInj0iI.png

ten years ago people would have said generative AI was breaking the laws of what computers could and couldn't do, I dont see why this is any different. this sort of mentality is why progress doesn't happen

real environmentalists know that individual traffic is simply not compatible with saving the planet and it never will be.

BEVs are a greenwashed thing when it comes to reality. to much cars, way to heavy, to much lithium/capacity, etc.
      but it pleases the manufactures as the new solution because its allowing them to go 'green' and increase their returns.
      in addition, the emissions are 100% brought to those who cannot defend themselves, the places the lithium mining takes place.
      right now they buy cheap batteries from china, throw a electric motor to it and a standard chassis.
      >that will be $100k
      first results from TÜV, technical surveillance team in germany confirmed the quality is worse than before.
      nothing better than acting suprised when it comes to weight-made extra wear.
      printing money.

a car without gas, diesel, power? you do know this is not possible, right?

this

the shit batteries from BYD and stuff are probably worse for the environment than gas cars
      but I don't see why you're saying its not possible to have a car that just runs without using either fuel or electricity

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

np, so whats its source of energy then?
        nuclear reactor? wood? gas turbine?

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

im not a scientist idk, im just asking questions

>ten years ago people would have said generative AI was breaking the laws of what computers could and couldn't do
          You know NOTHING about AI and it fricking shows. Shut the frick up it's embarrassing to read your ramblings.
          You sound like one of Elon Musk homosexuals. Progress has nothing to do with "mentality" or "mindset" you fricking moron. The world doesn't work that way. There's no escaping physics.
          [...]
          >the God's must be crazy
          Seen it. You're talking about a comedy movie you moron. And it still doesn't mean technology can break the laws of physics. To make a vehicle move you have to exert a force on it. That force has to come from somewhere. Energy doesn't appear from nothing.

elon musk is putting people in space when before that people thought it was impossible, im not a fanboy but i can respect his ability to break the rules to get shit done
          >That force has to come from somewhere
          and who made up that rule? why can't we just break it?

I don't understand. If you think its that easy why haven't you made it to capitalize on environmentalists?

im not an engineer, im usually more of an ideas person, just trying to sound out an idea here

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>im not an engineer
            Yeah we guessed.
            >im usually more of an ideas person
            Nah you're just a moron. Also just like I called it, you're indeed a Musk wienersucker. Now shut up.

I'm pro-ev for local commuter daily drivers because:
            A. They're more reliable
            B. They're simpler and cheaper

A shame nobody is making an EV that's designed to be serviced by the end user. ICE vehicles aren't any better though, so whatever.

>ev for local commuter daily drivers
            At this point just go all the way and be pro-tramway. There's nothing worth saving in EV.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Have you ever tried to bring a weeks worth of groceries home on public transport? It fricking sucks.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Plenty of reasons why this could be, for example
            - your local public transport sucks
            - your carrying approach sucks
            - your local groceries are so inaccessible you see yourself forced to reduce your supplies to weekly runs rather than quickly popping into the store several times a week after work which also enables you to buy fresher and healthier goods

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

no dude, having sizable cargo of any kind on public transport fricking sucks. when i lived in groeningen i bought a 150cc scooter for cheap in poland and rode it all the way back to NL just to not have to deal with carrying medium cargo-loads around trains anymore. it still sucked compared to having an actual car, but at least i didn't have to autistically wrangle dozen kg bags of lentils around narrow train aisles anymore.
            >go to the store several times a week to buy fresher and healthier goods
            i used to be a moron and do that, until i saw how much money i could be saving by buying everything but produce in bulk. cool that your immediate response was to be a presumptuous butthole though. that definitely makes me not immediately write off anything further you have to say as the babblings of a terminally online prick.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>that definitely makes me not immediately write off anything further you have to say as the babblings of a terminally online prick.
            Says the guy who thinks buying twenty kilo bags of lentils is a basic requirement for living. You stupid fricking muppet.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>you have to live exactly like I do or else YOU'RE JUST STUPID AND WRONG
            kek here's a tip for you: what makes american mcmansion sprawl terrible is its inability to accommodate any kind of lifestyle besides a very narrow, limited set of car-dependent doldrums. your imagined society, divorced from ever having actually lived life, is just as brittle and hellish and anti-human. i will thank god for making sure that you never hold any real power in your life.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm glad to hear you think you have it all figured out, bulk hoarder, maybe you can live a little longer in your delusion.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>but at least i didn't have to autistically wrangle dozen kg bags of lentils around narrow train aisles anymore.
            Have you tried ordering your dozen kg bags of lentils online?

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>musk bad mkay
            plebbit tier thinking
            this isnt about musk anyway, its about a potential future of cars without fuel or electricity requirements so people like

no dude, having sizable cargo of any kind on public transport fricking sucks. when i lived in groeningen i bought a 150cc scooter for cheap in poland and rode it all the way back to NL just to not have to deal with carrying medium cargo-loads around trains anymore. it still sucked compared to having an actual car, but at least i didn't have to autistically wrangle dozen kg bags of lentils around narrow train aisles anymore.
            >go to the store several times a week to buy fresher and healthier goods
            i used to be a moron and do that, until i saw how much money i could be saving by buying everything but produce in bulk. cool that your immediate response was to be a presumptuous butthole though. that definitely makes me not immediately write off anything further you have to say as the babblings of a terminally online prick.

can carry their groceries home without paying for gas or charging

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

In case you're not baiting, and is just a simpleton babbling on the internet: People might have said before that you wouldn't be able to take passengers to space because of logystics and economics, it was just that. With time and technology it eventually became '''''viable"""", there's nothing to do with being physically impossible.
            But this "car that moves by itself without any energy behind it" is impossible. It's against the laws of physics. I don't know which country you live in, but you're either a child/teenager or the education system in your country is really bad.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>>That force has to come from somewhere
            >and who made up that rule? why can't we just break it?
            homies do be breaking conservation of energy in a quasi-symmetrical system with a time-invariant lagrangian frfr

>im not an engineer, im usually more of an ideas person
            bait or genuine moron? call it.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

But it is a real life phenomenon. See the film: the God's must be crazy.or any low IQ person using any technology IRL

>the God's must be crazy

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

>You're talking about a comedy movie you moron. And it still doesn't mean technology can break the laws of physics.

That wasnt the point. The point was that africans thought that really big fast noisy snakes made the tire tracks, the guys were afraid to get into cars unless you cut the roof off, and their society couldn't handle a coke bottle. To them, everything is magic. To mid/high IQ industrial people its science, manufacturing and mechanics.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

That doesn't change a thing about the laws of physics.

Ideally we should go back to horses and a 500 million world population, that is the only way. And it will go that way eventually.

How do you prefer to be culled ? Or are you delusional enough to imagine you'd be alive in that 500M world ?

Leftists are easy to shill into anything. California just got tricked into funding high speed rail. The corp that got the contract is owned by former senator Dianne Feinstein (Jew)'s husband and they built it in the middle of the fricking desert. It doesn't even help the city commuters, it's in the middle of nowhere going to Vegas. The corporations know how easy these people are to trick so long as you pretend you have superior ethics and make them feel like elitists for supporting a "cause" against people who are pure evil. Like omg you don't want a waste of funding desert train? You don't want African kids mining lithium all day so you can drive an unreliable bomb?

>People are easy to shill into anything.
            Fixed for you. Especially considering the sheer abundance of right-wing grifts.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>right-wing grift
            as though the entire EV industry isnt a liberal grift, get a grip

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>seething without reading
            You fricking homosexual, yes I'm aware that EV is a grift, as you can see in my posts in this thread. Fricking homosexual.

https://i.imgur.com/qvtAFsh.jpg

How about a car where you have to pedal to move?
            This solves two problems: Obesity and energy.

Already posted

https://i.imgur.com/pjmQObp.jpg

Gee I don't know.

. OP is just being a fricking illiterate moron.

7. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I for one welcome the return of the age of sail

8. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

The environmentalists should be pushing for research into easier mass production of hydrogen and improving hydrogen engine tech so that you don't need a car sized fuel tank in your car.
    Is that possible? I don't know, I'm not a homosexual soiyence nerd I spent most my days in high school drunk out of my mind or on pills, it just seems like the best solution PLUS they can also make hydrogen ICEs so we don't have to put up with gay Black person completely silent sterilized cars

9. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

It boils down to industry violently suppressing the disruption. Look up Tom ogle

10. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Careful OP, the last guy who made an invention like this got disappeared. I was only able to save one of his blueprints.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Wouldn't this be a b***h to park

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

Just put the crane on top of the vehicle. Makes it lighter too, so it won't ever flatspot tires while in storage.

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

Just use the magnet to move other cars out of your way

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

Wouldn't that make the car float away

11. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm very curious about these compressed air cars. They make a ton more sense "greenwise" than batteries.
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a1665/4217016/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=arb_ga_pop_md_dsa_hybd_mix_us_20551489161&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5-uuBhDzARIsAAa21T-XL2sIhV-qeJ6tMcdt5kNEMXdnkJEZ2f6a6duTY3uQWRTMTGZ587IaAlvfEALw_wcB

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

this is actually pretty close to the idea, air is free and you don't need to pay for air, so a compressed air car is basically free to run
      issue is that you have to pump to compress the air, so i'm wondering if there's a way to run a car just off of uncompressed air so you don't need to pump a tank

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah its really easy but I have to keep it secret cause the oil company has assassins so stop worrying about ot and drive the gas cars

12. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

You sound like a genuine moron who doesn't understand that science isn't magic, but the heart of the issue isn't a type of technology, it's the lack of genuine interest to actually conserve the environment. We could for instance move millions of jobs to an online model so people don't have to commute to work, or start producing all our goods locally to reduce long-distance shipping, and not have to rely on disgusting countries like China and India who pollute far more than the whole western world combined. There are simple common sense things we could do right now, but those things are not globalism friendly, and don't involve regulations that disenfranchise the private citizen and empower our corrupt government, so it's not considered or discussed.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

>work from home isnt globalism friendly
      this kind of shit is where chuds lose me. yeah nigs might be a bit slow and israelites might have a bit more influence than your average joe or whatever but how is being able to work from anywhere on earth instead of an office "globalism friendly?" schizo nonsense

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

*not globalism friendly

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

The type of jobs that can be done over the internet will be replaced by AI anyway.

13. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

blud done put a hyundai badge on da bently... only in ohio fr

14. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Ideally we should go back to horses and a 500 million world population, that is the only way. And it will go that way eventually.

15. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't understand. If you think its that easy why haven't you made it to capitalize on environmentalists?

16. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Leftists are easy to shill into anything. California just got tricked into funding high speed rail. The corp that got the contract is owned by former senator Dianne Feinstein (Jew)'s husband and they built it in the middle of the fricking desert. It doesn't even help the city commuters, it's in the middle of nowhere going to Vegas. The corporations know how easy these people are to trick so long as you pretend you have superior ethics and make them feel like elitists for supporting a "cause" against people who are pure evil. Like omg you don't want a waste of funding desert train? You don't want African kids mining lithium all day so you can drive an unreliable bomb?

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

>it's in the middle of nowhere going to Vegas
      hope you homosexuals all have your ncr disguises ready

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

The reason they're making a train from LA to Vegas is because it'd be lot more economical than the flights to and from there. The fact that it goes through a desert where there's no existing property to interfere with rail construction is probably why it got greenlit to begin with.
      >You don't want African kids mining lithium all day so you can drive an unreliable bomb?
      Can you even tell what you're getting mad at?

17. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

How about a car where you have to pedal to move?
    This solves two problems: Obesity and energy.

18. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>I know that if you have like a full green cycle where solar power charges batteries and shit the only environmental cost is in the lithium mining to build the batteries and solar cells.
    That's still not all.
    To mine the minerals needed by EV manufacturers, you need sulphuric acid for the in situ leaching. Sulphuric acid is made via smelting to create smelter-based sulphuric acid or sulphur-based acid - either way you need sulphur. Sulphur isn't really mined anymore, those sources are tapped out, instead most sulphur is produced as a by-product of...
    ... the oil & gas sector.

19. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm pro-ev for local commuter daily drivers because:
    A. They're more reliable
    B. They're simpler and cheaper

A shame nobody is making an EV that's designed to be serviced by the end user. ICE vehicles aren't any better though, so whatever.

20. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm glad we're now at a point where we've overcome vroomer denial and can agree that -all- cars are horse shit from an environmental perspective.

21. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

you know I feel bad when people call me a moron here but at least I know in my heart I'm smarter than you.

22. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

??

23. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Wind farms at the top of every mountain and all over giant lakes and the ocean is the only way to get sustainable energy. We could back this up with deuterium nuclear generators. The powers that be DO NOT WANT THIS. They want more poors.

The future needs to be hybrid. We need more turbo hybrids instead of electric. The powers that be DO NOT WANT THIS. They want more poors and environmental waste.

We can blame all the vanity truck owners for the rich environmentalists pushing so hard. The unwashed commoners anger them, and the commoners being more imposing causes the rich to clamp down harder.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *