soobarbu

>double the cams
>double the potential leak points
>double timing chains and tensioners
>double the head gaskets
>makes spark plug/coil replacement an incredible pain in the ass
>etc etc etc

all this for, uh, a lower center of gravity? i don't get it.

>inb4 porsche
they get a pass because their engines don't blow head gaskets.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>double the money shmucks pay for repairs and parts

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah it's a meme and they should have ditched it long ago like Mazda did with the rotary.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I hate variety
      Ita because you're a wrenchlet homosexual with the brain of an insect. Scared moron.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why would you want LESS engine variety? As if 99% of all cars nowadays aren't the same piece of shit computers on wheels anyway.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I assume they did it to shorten the length of the block more than anything else, which is really funny because I think it STILL ended up in front of the axle.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I think it STILL ended up in front of the axle.
      You have no tools and have never touched a wrench. Am I wrong?

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is why the I6 is superior
    >highest number of cylinders you can make an engine while still keeping a single bank of cams

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Inline 8 would like a word.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Has been extinct for like 70 years because it’s borderline impractical and too expensive to make a reliable one.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

ironically the entire purpose of the V8 configuration was to get I8 smoothness from a smaller footprint

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My Dad drives his 38 Packard quite often, it's been very reliable and other than a thrown belt has never broken down on him despite him driving it tens of thousands of Kms, maybe buy a Packard Inline 8 if you want it to be reliable.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Porsche
    Ya it's just their IMS that melts down and sprinkles gold throughout the engine

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>let's fused two 2-cylinder engines together

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>makes spark plug/coil replacement an incredible pain in the ass
    Skill issue

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don't know much about imports, but I can compare a Subaru boxer with 30,000 miles to a Toyota 4cyl with 144,000 miles. The Subaru can't match the toyota in smoothness OR the powerband. Also, the CVT's a joke, compared to the toyota planetary auto, which has gears that are perfectly matched to the engine.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I can compare a Subaru boxer with 30,000 miles to a Toyota 4cyl with 144,000 miles
      How would you compare them when you've never touched a wrench in your entire life, you don't even own a screwdriver LAMO. Kys, when people are discussing engines you leave the thread. Now go discuss LED interior mood lighting and infotainment systems you dumbass ricer.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In the early (i'm talking 70's/80's) models the flat engine made for a lower bonnet line, and the full sized spare wheel stored in the engine bay. Current gen....less so.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>their engines don't blow head gaskets
    this hasn't been true for subaru for like 20 years

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My Craigslist search results say otherwise

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Stop searching for 2004 subarus then homie

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mr Subaru on YouTube would say they got better but Buick V6 levels of reliable head gaskets are not possible for Subaru.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why isn't subaru a luxury manufacturer?

Flat engines are smoother and with lower CoG but higher maintenance. Luxury buyers dgaf about cost of maintenance yet subaru insists on going toe-to-toe in the econobox segment where everyone can shit out a troony i4 for half the price. They have loads of experience with 4x4 and could have shat all over audi and their pos engines.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>but higher maintenance
      post the toolbox, it doesn't exist does it

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They're not luxury, but I would describe them as premium on the same level as Mazda. At least, the Outback has a pretty nice interior and features compared to say Toyota or Honda.
      >t. '18 outback haver

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lol, Subaru interiors, and ride quality are not even close to Mazdas

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You have 0 test data to back this claim up for these two manufacturers (dumbass diddnt even specify vehicle). With that being said, how are you evaluating ride quality?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

?si=z58NoFCipY2yCnR6

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>NOOOOOOOO YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE MY moronic STATEMENTS ON FOUR CHAN DOT COM BECAUSE...... YOU JUST HAVE TO, OKAY?
            lmao

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>pic of text
            >link to 30 min video in chineese
            kys you homosexual ricer

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Having test drove both, they’re very similar

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>premium
        >Mazda
        Trolls don't even try anymore.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not sure, but nowadays they think they're jeep or something with the ugly bulbous plastic trim all around

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not the first time they've wrapped their cars in plastic but I agree

My Craigslist search results say otherwise

The EJ25 is what gave Subaru the head gasket reputation. The gaskets were too thin and old coolant liked to eat away at whatever material they used for the gaskets. The newer FB series doesn't blow gaskets unless your neglecting it and never change the coolant, though the old FB25 from 2012 is thirsty for oil at high mileage because of crap piston rings

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get back to me when you actually own one.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *