>Specifically, Subaru sold just 1,673 WRXs in May.

>Specifically, Subaru sold just 1,673 WRXs in May. That's a drop of 39.6 percent versus last year, and lest we forget, the current WRX generation isn't old. It debuted for the 2022 model year, and the upgraded WRX TR followed in October 2023. By comparison, 1,546 Solterra's were sold last month—up 254.6 percent compared to May 2023.

What the frick is happening? WRX sales have fallen to ~20-25k a year. I'm worried they might ax it completely

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Everyone's broke b***h

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

skill issue

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Where the frick did everyones money go
      Ive had my bike listed for 3 months at half what its worth

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Colleges, rent, and door dash.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Hesitation to spend cash, other expenditures, plus the general consensus is don't buy a bike in the spring when they're most expensive, always buy in the fall or winter. Could also be you're asking too much money for it.

https://i.imgur.com/ncK88wI.png

>Specifically, Subaru sold just 1,673 WRXs in May. That's a drop of 39.6 percent versus last year, and lest we forget, the current WRX generation isn't old. It debuted for the 2022 model year, and the upgraded WRX TR followed in October 2023. By comparison, 1,546 Solterra's were sold last month—up 254.6 percent compared to May 2023.

What the frick is happening? WRX sales have fallen to ~20-25k a year. I'm worried they might ax it completely

They've uglified the car to look like an NPC mobile, it doesn't make a good sound, it isn't quick or special anymore, and for the price there are simply better cars out there that won't need head gaskets every 60,000 miles. Sedans are falling out of style for some reason, but for the price point there are so many AWD alternatives that don't have the lesbian image or yobbo highschooler thinking he's ken block driving an automatic that sounds like an AI fart sountrack.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>head gaskets
          Unironically a skill issue, this hasn’t been a widespread problem with Subarus for nearly two decades. And for the price point no there aren’t any AWD alternatives that offer 50/50 split and have an actual driveshaft connecting the two differentials. AWD has been Subarus thing for as long as they’ve been making cars and theirs is considered pretty much the best you’ll get for the price point.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Unironically a skill issue,
            My dude, take a break from the internet when you're repeating phrases that don't even make sense in the conversation.
            >for the price point no there aren’t any AWD alternatives
            Because for the vast majority of drivers AWD is simply never needed. Look at it on paper for most drivers; performance is poor, it doesn't make a good sound, they're borderline ugly cars, and the image they give off is either lesbian or 20-something techbro who just loves subarus despite being an inferior car in every metric.
            You can see it in your own post about some 5050 split with a driveshaft. All shit nobody but autistic enthusiasts even consider let alone care about. Who fricking cares about any of that shit? Oh boy I sure do need a 50/50 split with a solid shaft (up my ass) in order to drive to my office job on clear sunny roads this week! Why yes I did have to spend $5,000 at Cobb Performance to make the vehicle reliable while remaining tasteful!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The symmetric configuration is the only fwd-biased (this is its own issue) configuration I've seen without torque steer, there's a good reason for it

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

From my standpoint, its more of a warranty issue. buy a new car and paying off in a 3-5 year range before modifying it. once you have the car paid off just do what you want. it is a skill issue, if you are a wrenchlet, then sell the car after you pay it off and buy a new car with a warranty.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>it is a skill issue, if you are a wrenchlet, then sell the car after you pay it off and buy a new car with a warranty.
            nice job being an NPC consumer. And lets not pretend those common subaru engine problems are easy, quick, or cheap to work on. If your selling point is painful repairs LEEMOW JUST DONT' WRENCHLET and it was once a cool car, enjoy obsolescence I guess.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

its only obsolete if your a wrenchlet. why do you expect a car to last forever? do you even know what fatigue levels are? why do you think trucks use iron blocks, rods? you have zero clue what your talking about. if you follow a normal maintained schedule, almost zero cars fail. cars fail when you wonder why your engine overheated when your waterpump fails at 140k miles when you should of changed it at 80k ect. pure cope on your end.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I rather gamble next generation electric wrx than current known bad configuration with boxer engine.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>its only obsolete if your a wrenchlet.
            >its only a problem if you have a problem fixing shit that every other car doesn't need fixing
            There it is. You're so myopic and cannot see all the fricking problems with WRXs because they just excite you so much. I get it. But don't pretend everyone else in this world is just as dumb as you thinking its normal to need to be a professional mechanic to work on your own vehicle regularly because they can't build it right from the factory
            >then just buy new!
            I never said a car should last forever, but again when you see an 80,000 mile subaru with headgaskets ejected from this universe or a Honda with 250,000 miles still going with basic oil changes, the choice is fairly obvious why subaru sales are slumping.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

kek cope, post your moms car, you have to be 18 to post here ect back to plebbit yada yada. its okay baby, just say your too afraid to get dirty. you can always pick up a gm 3800.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>it isn't quick or special anymore
          Still faster than the previous generation STI for whatever that's worth.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>look like an NPC mobile
          I don’t get this argument, every gen WRX has looked like a generic commuter, just with a hood scoop.
          Last gen looked like a corolla from 2 gens ago, bug eye looked like a dodge neon.
          Hawk eye is the only one that comes to mind that looks a bit unique and even then it’s only the front.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

inflation

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

food homie

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>what its worth

Market determines worth.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>go
        >pic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

skill issue

both correct answers.

>its only obsolete if your a wrenchlet.
      >its only a problem if you have a problem fixing shit that every other car doesn't need fixing
      There it is. You're so myopic and cannot see all the fricking problems with WRXs because they just excite you so much. I get it. But don't pretend everyone else in this world is just as dumb as you thinking its normal to need to be a professional mechanic to work on your own vehicle regularly because they can't build it right from the factory
      >then just buy new!
      I never said a car should last forever, but again when you see an 80,000 mile subaru with headgaskets ejected from this universe or a Honda with 250,000 miles still going with basic oil changes, the choice is fairly obvious why subaru sales are slumping.

WRX is performance car, every single performance car has issues at smaller displacements, you rarely get any of these issues with a a bigger engine, even VAG flat 6. if you cant afford to play, then go buy a base hoda civic because even the k20c turbo have almost the same issues.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>if you cant afford to play, then go buy a base hoda civic
        Or spend less and buy a bigger engine for more power and more reliability. Nice flex with your faulty manufacturing. And if your excuse is smaller displacement engines always having problems, how about the smaller displacement engines making decent power not having problem?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Meanwhile toyota is selling GR86 and GR Corollas like hotcakes. The wrx is ugly as shit and lukewarm at best

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Basically this:

I would buy one if I had more money. I'm a programmer, so I have a degree and a decent job with what would have been a good salary before the Biden Economy kicked into full gear.

it's just not a good vehicle in any way, shape or form. What buyers was Subaru even aiming at with this thing?
      it's not a good sports car (if at all)
      it's not a good commuter
      it's not cheap or good value
      Why would anyone buy this car? That's why sales are poor. Because no-one in their right mind would buy this piece of shit.

It's a reasonably practical sports car. It's not the fastest, but it's a fun car with pretty good horsepower and a manual transmission. That also seats 5 and has good AWD. For what would be a pretty reasonable price if the economy wasn't fricked.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

From a value perspective, it really is one of the best jack of all trade cars for an entry level enthusiast yet practical car. It has moderate horsepower, is fun to drive, not an anemic & cracked out turbo 3 cylinder but rather a healthy displacement (2.4l) 4 cylinder, AWD, manual transmission, 4 doors, 5 seats, and a trunk.

Once you look into the tuning potential, you can make a little monster of a car over time which is something I think most DA users should be into, that is tuning and upgrading your car. It has tons of potential with easy bolt on part upgrades, easily surpass 300 hp with a simple tune or ethanol, and knocking on 400 hp with minimal engine bolt ons and tuning.

I was in the same boat. Young professional, making decent money. I probably didn't need to buy the car and could have saved more by driving my old shitbox, but I decided to treat myself. Life is too short.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

In what way is the wrx a sports car?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It isn't. It's a cheap sedan with a good-for-sedan-standards engine, 6mt, suspension, and awd.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

From a value perspective, it really is one of the best jack of all trade cars for an entry level enthusiast yet practical car. It has moderate horsepower, is fun to drive, not an anemic & cracked out turbo 3 cylinder but rather a healthy displacement (2.4l) 4 cylinder, AWD, manual transmission, 4 doors, 5 seats, and a trunk.

Once you look into the tuning potential, you can make a little monster of a car over time which is something I think most DA users should be into, that is tuning and upgrading your car. It has tons of potential with easy bolt on part upgrades, easily surpass 300 hp with a simple tune or ethanol, and knocking on 400 hp with minimal engine bolt ons and tuning.

I was in the same boat. Young professional, making decent money. I probably didn't need to buy the car and could have saved more by driving my old shitbox, but I decided to treat myself. Life is too short.

samegayging redditor detected

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>ugly overpriced base model
    >lower sales
    Jeez

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They made them ugly.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it just doesn't have any soul like they used to.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This.
      Also, My '05 looks like a mini when its parked next to a new WRX.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Shit, when I parked my '97 GT wagon in my "garage" for the first time in 3 years, it took up no space compared to my '18 Outback which is a fricking tank compared that little thing.

I can't imagine how big the BT Wildernesses are now compared to a BS Outback.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

its true. theres a lot of cars of that era that are tiny inside. the 05 sti to a 6ft person like me is smaller than the back seat of a prius. same with my sisters old s40 t5 it felt so tiny. like the world was closing in and every turn wanted to give me a concussion.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This car is all over the place.
    It's like they made a crossover sedan and made it larp as a sports car.
    But they forgot to not make it look like shit and also slow at the same time.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>they forgot to not make it look like shit
      The WRX always looked like shit. You homosexuals just forgave its horrendous looks because of its performance and affordability in the past.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

true, and this is coming from an owner of a hawkeye wagon. God I still that car is so ugly, but I just can't get rid of it.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's just not a good vehicle in any way, shape or form. What buyers was Subaru even aiming at with this thing?
    it's not a good sports car (if at all)
    it's not a good commuter
    it's not cheap or good value
    Why would anyone buy this car? That's why sales are poor. Because no-one in their right mind would buy this piece of shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Zero lies detected.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I almost bought one.
    I bought a GR86 instead.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Cringe. Imagine bragging about this.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm glad I ignored DA and bought it anyway.
        My first impression is: it's a good car.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Give it 350-400hp and it will sell at current asking price.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That's a V6 at the very least. Anything with 6 cylinders or more is 60k minimum at this point.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Anything with 6 cylinders or more is 60k minimum at this point
        Nope

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>boat platform from the 90s with a Dodge skin and V6 from a minivan
          Gross.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It do be cheap tho

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

moron. The 340i is also under $60k starting.

>boat platform from the 90s with a Dodge skin and V6 from a minivan
        Gross.

>THAT DOESNT COUTN BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT
        Damage control.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Subaru fricked their entire center stack. It's painful to use, even compared to Tesla but especially compared to alternatives like the Koreans or Honda. The GR Corolla is better laid out too, and has center diff controls that apparently Subaru just won't add this gen
    The current wrx is lazy and they earn every lost sale

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you guys are crazy, nu WRX with 6 speed is kino. if I had not bought my wife a new child chariot this year, i would of bought one for myself. its honestly one of the only new cars i would buy, I'm just going to stick with muh 83 monte carlo with 350. in the next 1-2 years if I can find one with low miles around 25k ill buy it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This summarizes exactly why they're going to discontinue the WRX.
      People who claim to like them don't buy them new.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

People aren't buying them because the middle class is dead and people are broke. Only people who are buying new cars in masse are the morons with no taste, no money, and those trying to appease others or make a "sensible" purchase. That's why most cars sold are giant "practical" SUVs from reputable brands, and then expensive euro cars for those with more money who need to show off. As always, enthusiasts don't actually buy shit and keep their old cars.

Second reason: As this thread has shown. People don't know what the frick they are talking about. Car enthusiasts en masse are ALWAYS wrong. Some of the most popular and iconic cars throughout history have sold like shit and get discontinued because... YOU Black folk DON'T KNOW SHIT and just love to talk while being misinformed. Example: Talking about head gaskets as if that's a common issue that exists on modern EJ engines, let alone the newest and superior FA engine design.

The new WRX is the best designed one in a long time, faster and better than the previous generation with a ton of potential. It hits a ton of checkboxes that car enthusiasts always demand:
        >Muh AWD
        >Muh gr86 needs a turbo and a better oiling system!
        >Muh stick!
        >Moderate horsepower but easily tunable to the 400 hp mark with relative reliability

The WRX provides all of that at a relatively cheap price for a new car with the base at low 30k. Car enthusiasts will sleep on it now, then drool about it tomorrow. AGAIN. Once everyone is used to the styling... as is what happens with ANY new car with NU-styling. I wasn't a fan of it when first revealed in orange, but like literally almost any new car, they don't photograph well and look better in person. Your hate boners for anything new will get in the way of objectivity. Nothing is going to look like your old 90s and 2000s cars, the sooner you accept it, the easier you will understand new car design, and the quicker you can enjoy cars more.

I put my money where my mouth is and bought one.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Personally I like the styling. Suburu has made themselves a real brand identity of these plastic cladded cars.
          The rear bumper is excessive though.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I love the rear, I don't know why people hate it so much. To me, it's the best part of the car. I think the front is acceptable, a bit bland, but can be improved upon with some OEM parts. But like anything else, looks are subjective.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I love the rear, I don't know why people hate it so much. To me, it's the best part of the car.

Confirmed chink/jeet

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yes, it looks good.
            >Nooooo you can't have a different opinion!
            Shh, it's going to be okay.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>cylon
            That looks like the front end of a Lexus.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>think the front is acceptable, a bit bland,
            not enough fake vents for you huh you homosexual ricer. Jfc it's beyond over

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Suck it up snow flake 😉

You sound like the whiny b***h I gave irish sunglasses to the other day

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I agree with everything you've said except that the styling will grow on me. It hasn't yet at all. The last generation was always slightly ugly and soulless to me too, and still is. Whereas I liked every generation prior to that from day 1. It's ugly. The design department/ yes men/ public surveyors, SOMEONE at subaru dropped the ball and dragged down the whole project.

Yes, the car is objectively great and only a poorgay without a clue would scoff at what it's offering at its price point. But I really do hate the way it looks. I could've bought one but I didn't for the aesthetics.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>SUPERIOR FA
          >Needs engine rebuild to push past 300whp
          >Fragile as frick
          >Worse fuel mileage than a V8
          Ugly slow gay

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>People don't know what the frick they are talking about.

it's because auto journalists are like 90% rich israelite coasties that literally hate america. they never turn a wrench in their life.

domestic v8s are better and cheaper than a civic. yet the braindead morons on this board still want to yap about their tin cans.

Anyway, i'm glad you enjoy the WRX. it has great performance for a daily driver and seems like an excellent car. journos are just cancer than have mind fricked the auto community.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

coasties like things like ergonomics, response, and cars that don't feel like shitboxes because they have better points of reference than some flyover hick who has a rusty clapped out jeep or tahoe as his comparison point. coasties also have roads with turns so a car has to drive nice for them to like it

auto journos deserve the least amount of hate, most of them actually track their cars and often wrench on their own projects. it's just seething on your part because they get to work doing what they love and you don't.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

t. auto journo

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>coasties like things like ergonomics, response, and cars that don't feel like shitboxes because they have better points of reference than some flyover hick who has a rusty clapped out jeep or tahoe as his comparison point. coasties also have roads with turns so a car has to drive nice for them to like it
            >auto journos deserve the least amount of hate, most of them actually track their cars and often wrench on their own projects. it's just seething on your part because they get to work doing what they love and you don't.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2952303

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2907007

You haven't been keeping up, they were putting down over 500+ whp since 5 years ago. NASIOC is a dead forum after COVID, there's more results on Facebook Groups. Average seems to be high 300s whp on a conservative E85 tune with just exhaust j pipe and intake.

[...]
            auto journos are based, literally everyone I follow tracks their car every month or has some obscure pain in the ass project car that makes them a expert wrench like a b5 s4 or a old bmw. and they drive everything from new M3s and AMGs to BRZs and Miatas and crossovers so they know what a fast car is (not your 14 second 1994 pony car lmao)

truth is average DA poster wishes they got paid for their opinions like they did

>auto journos are based, literally everyone I follow tracks their car every month or has some obscure pain in the ass project car that makes them a expert wrench like a b5 s4 or a old bmw. and they drive everything from new M3s and AMGs to BRZs and Miatas and crossovers so they know what a fast car is (not your 14 second 1994 pony car lmao)
            >truth is average DA poster wishes they got paid for their opinions like they did

>I'm going to tell you why this 4cyl tin can is better than the 300 hp power, RWD, double wishbone suspension muscle car.
            >Low testosterone?
            Go back to pleddit you obvious israelite homosexual. if a Sn95 or 4th gen fbody had a toyota badge they would be worth 5x what the sell for, while being the exact same car. Go jack off to the integra poster next to your bed.

Pic related is probably literally you. Don't you just like craft beer and marvel movies? tell me about your IPA drinking hobby.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Da JOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry your car feels like a shitbox. It might be why you're constantly angry and seething. Because you're reminded of your shit life everytime you get into your shitbox car, so your only outlet is internet shitposting where you justify your shitty car as a extension of your shitty life.

fyi: Toyota wouldn't get caught selling the shit on four wheels that GM/Ford was selling in 1994. They had a car called the Supra back then. You ever heard of it? It's a lot nicer place to sit in than ANY 1990s GM/Ford.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Sorry your car feels like a shitbox.

I own 3 vehicles. I've been wrenching since I was 15. Since before you were born.

>muh supra
            >checkmate

Oh, yes. The israelite coastie loves to compare JDM cars that was 3x that domestic counterpart. I'm really so sick of you insufferable israelite homosexuals. every hype mobile is some exercise of onions boy group think. come up with every excuse in the book why the JDM car is ok if it's heavy, underpowered, overpriced. etc etc.

Did you pay over 30k for your civic si?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>da JOOOOOSSSSSS
            >look at me guyz I can play weekend mechanic!

again, your cars are a reflection of your life

your life sucks, your cars suck. drive nice cars, suddenly feel better because you aren't reminded of your bad life choices when you sit in a car where things make sense. pick up a design book or a few web courses on ergonomics if your starlink lets you go on YouTube this week and what im saying will all click

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>stupid hick with his GM shitbox from the 90s
            >with his fischer price interior.
            >his big stupid v8 engine
            >everyone knows my 130 hp Japanese roadster is an exotic in comparison.
            >that's why I paid 3x as much for my 94 miata.
            >8,000 times folded steel of Japanese supremacy.
            >literally pic related.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>stupid hick with his GM shitbox from the 90s
            >with his fischer price interior.
            >his big stupid v8 engine
            >everyone knows my 130 hp Japanese roadster is an exotic in comparison.
            >that's why I paid 3x as much for my 94 miata.
            >8,000 times folded steel of Japanese supremacy.
            >literally pic related.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

NTA But I don't give a shit about interior, only performance.
            Pic related is what I had in 2002. What did you have? A little tikes?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

bread on hood jogger

>People don't know what the frick they are talking about.

it's because auto journalists are like 90% rich israelite coasties that literally hate america. they never turn a wrench in their life.

domestic v8s are better and cheaper than a civic. yet the braindead morons on this board still want to yap about their tin cans.

Anyway, i'm glad you enjoy the WRX. it has great performance for a daily driver and seems like an excellent car. journos are just cancer than have mind fricked the auto community.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Looks like that alcohol something syndrome.
      Or Greta.

This car is egregious.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Good, hope they go bust for making overpriced shitty dike wagons, appealing to dog moms and shitty ricer wannabe shitboxes for fricking homosexuals. Subaru is an embarrassment.

Ugly mitushitty looking fricking mutt, that shit right there is also why subapoo is dying.

Rest in piss subapoo, you had a shitty run.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's ugly as hell, why would anyone in his right mind buy this?

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

everyone is broke, and this is the worst WRX model as they tried to go fully into the "cool dad" aesthetic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Lmao it's for genx lezbo or millennial man children
      This is the car that desperately screams I want to be cool

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>make car ugly and gay
    >WHY WON'T ANYONE BUY OUR HIDEOUS gayMOBILE?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If this was true then why do most cars sell? Checkmate

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Because most other cars have a purpose.
        SUVs/CUVs? Ground Clearance and Storage
        Ecocars? Mileage
        Most other sports cars? Good looks and speed
        WRX? Literally nothing
        It's a boy racer car and there's better boy racer cars at that price point.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Le Buzzwords meme. What is the better "boy racer" car at this price point? Stop trying to talk like a reviewer, you sound unintelligent. There's very little competition at the price point and even less if any cars that do exactly what the wrx does. Go ahead. I'll wait for you.

[...]
          samegayging redditor detected

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>t. upset boy racer that no one wants to pay 30k+ for his ugly mobile

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>economy in absolute tatters
    >same car from 20 years ago in ugly nu-car shape for an insane price

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Insane price
      >Is one of the cheapest new sporty cars you can buy at low 30k

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR CAR THAT'S THE SAME AS A 2017 MODEL WHICH IS AN UPDATE OF A 2012 MODEL WHICH IS AN UPDATE OF A 2005 MODEL WHICH IS AN UPDATE OF A 1996 MODEL?
    >CAN'T YOU HECKIN CHUDS REALIZE THIS IS THE END OF FUN CARS?!?!?!?!
    don't @me whining about years being wrong. idc about the specific year.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What the frick is happening? WRX sales have fallen to ~20-25k a year. I'm worried they might ax it completely

what are other car sales doing?

the middle class is dying. Housing is the most expensive it's even been.-literally. affordable houses by me have tripled in price, and the mortgage rate has doubled.

i honestly want to jump off a fricking bridge. post covid inflation has essentially ruined my business, and I own nothing. I'm 36 i should own a warehouse and house now. for decades that would have cost like 150k for both. now I can't even buy a fricking warehouse that's sitting empty because some boomer fricking speculator can horde it and do nothing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Location?

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It seems my superiority has caused some controversy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They made a lowered Crosstrek?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

With better mpgs and without the uggo cheap plastic looking fenders. I wonder how much of a premium they want for all that added value?

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The new WRX and its owners should be praised. A bulwark against pozzed nu cars because actual enthusiasts buy them. It is the most sold manual car in the US, with the grand majority of the models sold being manual transmission. If you know, you know.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

CVT sucks though lol. It’s not like it’s got a DCT option

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Why are you even talking about automatics when there's a manual option?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Because the only reason the manual take rate in WRX is so high is that the CVT sucks balls

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>ITT: poorgays who can't make it during the best US economy in over a decade

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No gc8 no buy

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Ugly as frick
    >Auto only
    >Obese
    >25 year old engine that struggles to make stock power reliably
    Nobody wants this compromise cukk car

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>>Auto only
      But that’s wrong

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Ugly as frick
      Subjective
      >Auto only
      Incorrect, it's actually the best selling manual car in the US
      >Obese
      Average weight for a car at around over 3300 lbs, even cars from the 2000s weighed this much
      >25 year old engine that struggles to make stock power reliably
      Also incorrect. Totally new engine design, FA series is NOT the EJ series and has been shown to be much more reliable than the EJ and make power reliably to the seething of older WRX fans.

Just goes to show my previous point

People aren't buying them because the middle class is dead and people are broke. Only people who are buying new cars in masse are the morons with no taste, no money, and those trying to appease others or make a "sensible" purchase. That's why most cars sold are giant "practical" SUVs from reputable brands, and then expensive euro cars for those with more money who need to show off. As always, enthusiasts don't actually buy shit and keep their old cars.

Second reason: As this thread has shown. People don't know what the frick they are talking about. Car enthusiasts en masse are ALWAYS wrong. Some of the most popular and iconic cars throughout history have sold like shit and get discontinued because... YOU Black folk DON'T KNOW SHIT and just love to talk while being misinformed. Example: Talking about head gaskets as if that's a common issue that exists on modern EJ engines, let alone the newest and superior FA engine design.

The new WRX is the best designed one in a long time, faster and better than the previous generation with a ton of potential. It hits a ton of checkboxes that car enthusiasts always demand:
      >Muh AWD
      >Muh gr86 needs a turbo and a better oiling system!
      >Muh stick!
      >Moderate horsepower but easily tunable to the 400 hp mark with relative reliability

The WRX provides all of that at a relatively cheap price for a new car with the base at low 30k. Car enthusiasts will sleep on it now, then drool about it tomorrow. AGAIN. Once everyone is used to the styling... as is what happens with ANY new car with NU-styling. I wasn't a fan of it when first revealed in orange, but like literally almost any new car, they don't photograph well and look better in person. Your hate boners for anything new will get in the way of objectivity. Nothing is going to look like your old 90s and 2000s cars, the sooner you accept it, the easier you will understand new car design, and the quicker you can enjoy cars more.

I put my money where my mouth is and bought one.

that aut/o/Black folk love to flap their gums yet know very little about what they are actually talking about.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Fa and ej are the exact same shit just renamed you dumb subaisraelite goyim.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Stupid dumb brown moron polscum

FA shares nothing with EJ.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Same gay anemic 4 cyl boxer dog shit

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wait till you find out how old internal combustion engines are.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wait till you find out that more efficient, durable and tunable engines exist

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

buzzwordsjewslopgoyimbasedsoybuzzwords

Why do you insist on being a moron?

>SUPERIOR FA
          >Needs engine rebuild to push past 300whp
          >Fragile as frick
          >Worse fuel mileage than a V8
          Ugly slow gay

You can stick to your guns and choose to remain moronic but that doesn't make you correct. The fuel mileage is poor though, that is true. It doesn't hurt to do a little research to see the major gem within the platform is the better engine design which has shown to be super responsive to tuning and makes power easier and also more reliably when compared to older subarus.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The fa is complete dogshit with almost zero tuning potential, you can make any motor fast if you rebuild it 20 times and dump 60k into it. The fact is that there are better options that shit on this poorly engineered fragile shit

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>The fact is that there are better options that shit on this poorly engineered fragile shit
            Name them at the same price point

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The Ecoboost motor in the mustang unironically shits on the fa

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don't know much about it, feel free to give more detail about the engine and why it's better. I can see it has more power stock.

But tbh you're better off ruining your life and getting a loan you can't afford for a v8 mustang rather than driving a 4 cylinder "muscle" car. I can't think of a worse fate for a car enthusiast. The pain and suffering would be tough.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It makes more power than the fa stock and isn't fragile as frick, obviously the V8 is better but the ecoboost is cheaper than the WRX,also the GTI has a better motor and so do the Hyundai N(Black person) cars

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The Ecoboost motor in the mustang unironically shits on the fa

That motor shits the headgasket harder than any EJ and cracks blocks at stock 5.0 dyno whp. And they still have a fricking STUPID design where they don't have a keyed crankway like the older 2.3 Mazdaspeeds and N55/S55 BMWs so it'll spin the timing gear right off at high power levels.

The high powered Ecoboost builds literally have you replacing the block for a 2.0. Its a DOGSHIT motor when the FA24s are pulling 500whp+ on unopened motors in comparison.

And the new S650 ecoboosts have literal cyber truck tier steering. ZERO feel worse than any BMW damn near steering by wire with a automatic transmission that doesn't know what gear it wants to be in.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Cope, wrx will always be for vapelord homosexuals

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Where's the cope? I'm not defending a shit fricking engine. The new Mustang is a DUD. The Ecoboost Mustang is a BIGGER DUD. At least the Camaros drive nice before it spits a timing chain like every other GM 4/6 cyl.

WRX weighs 300lbs less and the same horsepower that would split a Ecoboost block will cost you $1500 on a WRX. YWNBARM.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I'm not defending a shit fricking engine
            But you are and you're too much of a moronic Black personmutt to realize it

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Claims cope
            >Posts cope

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There is no fa24 on earth pulling more than 350whp without an engine rebuild

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2952303

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2907007

You haven't been keeping up, they were putting down over 500+ whp since 5 years ago. NASIOC is a dead forum after COVID, there's more results on Facebook Groups. Average seems to be high 300s whp on a conservative E85 tune with just exhaust j pipe and intake.

t. auto journo

auto journos are based, literally everyone I follow tracks their car every month or has some obscure pain in the ass project car that makes them a expert wrench like a b5 s4 or a old bmw. and they drive everything from new M3s and AMGs to BRZs and Miatas and crossovers so they know what a fast car is (not your 14 second 1994 pony car lmao)

truth is average DA poster wishes they got paid for their opinions like they did

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>You haven't been keeping up, they were putting down over 500+ whp since 5 years ago. NASIOC is a dead forum after COVID, there's more results on Facebook Groups. Average seems to be high 300s whp on a conservative E85 tune with just exhaust j pipe and intake.
            WAOOOW 2 posts by a literal who showing a dyno result on psi they definitely dropped after getting the graphs, dyno queens don't count as making reliable power

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>don't have a keyed crankway

Two slots and a key cost pennies to machine.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>did not mention you have to remove the crank to machine it

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>ecoboost mustang
            Oh lawdy, at least the wrx doesn’t pretend to be something it’s not.
            Seeing a “Mustang” without the GT badge is like seeing a “woman” with stubble

Subaru/rotary fangays are the pitbull owners of the car community,utterly delusional

Thanks for conceding

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Are you upset that stock for stock, the actual base model of a car designed for a V8 is somehow still a better car than your soiboi vape chariot? You seem to think it's not a good car because it has a horse on the front. The 2011 through 2017 V6 Mustangs are directly competitive with the 370z and if you bothered to look at the numbers you couldn't argue otherwise. Never mind they can make 500 to the tire easily with a turbo kit, and are the best sounding V6 of all time(yes, really) if you simply put an exhaust and a tune on. And then there's the actual GT which the WRX can't compete with.

Bow to American Supremacy, gay. Subaru is an embarrassment to japanese engineering. Flat 4s are for 180hp Cessnas, not performance cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The new one drives like crap. And I like how you move the goal post to the older V6 models after you got proven wrong about the turbo ones, they make Subarus look reliable because Ford can't do something without fricking up somewhere. Even the new 5.0s have the stupid belt driven oil pump after 2019.

Just remember if it doesn't have a V8 it will never be a real Mustang. It will always be a half ass attempt at a car meant for teenage girls and rental lots. Your V6 is barely competitive to a 2003 350Z, and that's with me shilling the 2011-14 S197 V6 in other threads.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>doesn't have a V8 it will never be a real Mustang
            How unfortunate that a car that isn't even a real Mustang is a better car than a WRX. Just give it up. It's a dark time for sports cars in general but defending a bad one isn't something you should be doing. Nobody's out here defending the performance capabilities of third gen f bodies. It was clear they were subpar to what had come before, even back then. They're seeing a slight Resurgence in popularity because they embody the aesthetic and Vibe of the decade better than most cars of their time. The future is impossible to tell but I don't see that happening for the wrx. It just isn't good at anything.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>2024 WRX: drives gud
            >2024 Mustang: drives like shit

Simple as. Fanboy again can't admit that Ford made a dud.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>muh driving feel

You should have just told me you were a miatagay from the start. Here I was thinking you enjoyed performance cars because you wanted to be fast. Enjoy my taillights!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Muh tail lights muhfricka
            >Gets gapped wide open by a Patel doing Uber in a Tesla who didn't notice you were racing

Who cares, your car is boring as frick to drive and you can't mod it without blowing up even faster than a old Subaru. Last I checked you buy a car like this to have fun, not to fall asleep at the wheel. Insane how this is a $46,000 MSRP car too with the Magnaride and Performance Pack, a fleet spec one that you'd get for $32,000 probably drives even worse. S650 is a complete downgrade all around from the S550.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's a hell of a goalpost shift bringing a Tesla into this when we're comparing a Mustang and a wrx. Your car sucks so much it competes with a rental.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

And your car sucks so much it still drives like shit even with $15,000 in options. If you're a feelsgay then at least your car is enjoyable to drive vs a benchracing Black person getting his ass blown out at the lights by some hot crossover or a Tesla

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

?si=OC4uvMENtpRW4JlV

Cope and Sneed. I like Japanese cars in principle but they've been consistently getting more disappointing since 2010.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Almost zero tuning potential
            You are unreasonable. The simplest of research will show you how wrong you are. No rebuilds needed nor deep pockets. You can lead a horse to water, so on and so on. What is the competition at the price point? Go on. Let's hear it. Let me rape you in this argument, I need to cum and your tight pink butthole is looking like a prime receptacle.

Wait till you find out that more efficient, durable and tunable engines exist

At the price point? New? Let's hear them. Can't wait to see the stretch you try to make for your point. This should be funny.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Subaru/rotary fangays are the pitbull owners of the car community,utterly delusional

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Note the standing down and lack of continued discussion.

I accept your concession.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I was able to get a base model manual for $4k below msrp a couple months ago. It's actually pretty wild. I know the rear end is ugly as frick, but it's not bad enough to warrant that kind of discount.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Kill the STi
    >Leave the WRX as a pale imitation of what it was.
    Geee, I wonder.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Both Subaru BRZ, WRX are overpriced cars. You get high speed driving fun, stability with higher fuel consumption without any other benefits. Crosstrek, Forester, Outback, Legacy, Impreza are much cheaper priced and offer more comfort, ground clearance, cargo space, better fuel economy than BRZ, WRX. Forester also offers offroad capabilities. Solterra attracts EV buyers.

WRX didnt get any improvements on horse power & torque for decades, I think Subaru should produce updated version of the 2.5liter turbocharged 4 cylinder engine 280-290hp. Alternatively Subaru should create a high performannce XFuel(flexfuel) version with E85 fuel compatibility of the WRX.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Both Subaru BRZ, WRX are overpriced cars
      30k is overpriced in 2024? Barely more than a basic-ass Camry.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Camry offers better reliability, more comfort, more usable trunk space, better fuel efficiency, if I remember correctly even more ground clearance than BRZ, WRX. What you say about 30k is actually 30195$ for BRZ, 32735$ for WRX. The other Subaru cars I mentioned are all below 30k(around 23000-29700$) excluding the EV solterra that is almost 45k. The WRX is just about 1660$ cheaper than the Ascent(8 seat car) with the same engine but Ascent having 11hp less power. Buying WRX only makes sense for high speed driving, but for everyday regular driving car it doesnt make any financial sense compared to other cars from Subaru when you think about other factors too than speed or looks.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if they just do it and drop everything into a new baja, it would sell like hotcakes and take over the small struck market. whats going to beat it, a fricking mavrick or santa cruz?

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I like it unironically and want one. Though I always cared more about the color than any of the other physical features. Luv cars in blue simple as. Saw a blue one on the highway from my commute to work and it looked really nice under the sun.
    Thinking of waiting until the end of the year when dealerships want to get 24s off the lot faster tho.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>people don't want a vehicle covered in plastic body cladding and fake vents

wow its amazing, they also made me look generic now, you could confuse it with a camry

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

On Nick's scuffed realtor stream there was a guy with a WRX with a blown head gasket who wrote in lmao.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

As someone that owned and modified a VA WRX, I think the VB deserves to be the flop it is.
    >FA24 is a big improvement but they stuck with the same shit transmission
    >Styling is mostly mediocre, except the rear looks like a 10 year old civic with a diaper
    >Interior design is abysmal laggy iPad-dash
    >TR is too little too late
    >Subaru did 99% of the work on a new STi then canceled it
    >Too expensive for the target demographic

I understand inflation ruined everything but the appeal of the older WRXs was the relative affordability for performance potential. A base VA was ~26k new but usually marked down to 25k. I got my 2020 premium new and it was marked down to 27k.
    A base VB is ~32k.
    It doesn't take as many mods to get the power numbers up on a VB but that means you'll hit the transmission's limit quicker.
    >just swap an STi trans in
    >Just spend another 6k to fix a manufactured problem

If you can only afford a single car, the WRX is one of the best options and the only car with its feature set left.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

$32k is pretty good for what you get, in a world where a base rental spec Mustang is the same amount and a Civic Si is $3000 less.

Really the only thing in the sector worth considering is the BRZ/86 if it's gonna be your only car and the Elantra N if you don't need the AWD and you want something a little more comfortable. And the 5 speeds are nowhere nearly as bad as made out to be. And usually you'll smoke the clutch before the trans on the VBs, especially around the 370whp (93)/420whp (E85) you can get out of them with exhaust, j pipe, tune, and intake which is fast when it weighs 3300lbs.

My bigger complaint is the lack of locking diffs but that was probably intentional to keep it from getting close to the GRC

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I don’t understand your reasoning , you sound reasonable but why does it deserve to be a flop when it’s an improvement over the previous gen? The six speed can be forgivable considering it’s not an sti, the fact that it can even reach 400 hp on the stock troony ain’t bad. Not exactly a design oversight imo. Just a cost limitation on what is already a cheap car. And let’s say relatively cheap. Sure, you used to be able to buy an sti for mid 30s or whatever it used to be but the fact is that any car can be hit with these price criticisms. Inflation is truly that bad over the past few years that prices rose that much. It’s serious. People forget the economic hit we’ve been dealt and are still recovering from. This is just another symptom of it. It’s a decent improvement over the VA.

$32k is pretty good for what you get, in a world where a base rental spec Mustang is the same amount and a Civic Si is $3000 less.

Really the only thing in the sector worth considering is the BRZ/86 if it's gonna be your only car and the Elantra N if you don't need the AWD and you want something a little more comfortable. And the 5 speeds are nowhere nearly as bad as made out to be. And usually you'll smoke the clutch before the trans on the VBs, especially around the 370whp (93)/420whp (E85) you can get out of them with exhaust, j pipe, tune, and intake which is fast when it weighs 3300lbs.

My bigger complaint is the lack of locking diffs but that was probably intentional to keep it from getting close to the GRC

Thank you although I feel conflicted because I also enjoy my Hondas. I’ve never owned a v8, maybe sometime soon. The last remaining muscle car is nearing 50k and that’s a tough pill to swallow. Another victim of car inflation

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

My frustrations come from being a previous owner. I got my VA WRX hoping to trade it in for a VB STi.
        I was a Grand Autismo kid so I had looked up to the WRX most of my life but having owned one I can say that I have no interest in ever owning a Subie again. The WRX is a "sports" car for exceedingly rational individuals despite being targeted to and bought by the younger demographic.
        I did a lot research before buying mine but there are things that you just don't know to look up before jumping in. Things like the "safe" limit for HP, the fragility of the 6-speed, the dog-water stock tires, etc.
        More vaguely, it just didn't really sync with me; I felt little to no attachment to it after about a year. I don't think that is the car's fault rather it is mine. I didn't get the right car and I was frustrated with what it was (to me) rather than what it itself was. I should have got an STi instead, I don't have any animosity towards those.
        Too late now, I sold it to become the Orange Camaro Poster

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anon...

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I addressed inflation in my post.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the va was a gaymobile gay20 downgrade from the third gen. every fricking moron that hates on the vb (it still sucks but its a slight upgrade in some ways from the va) is a gaylord va driver. toyota started buying shares in 2010, and not coincidentally, every NEW model (read that a fricking gain, i know you have double digit iq) subaru has made since 2010 has been gayged up toyotafied garbage. unlike you i drive a real subaru, an 06 legacy gt 5spd, and ive known for a long time that subaru, as well as all nu cars, are dead and irredeemable

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Third Gen was a fricking shitbox bro you don't know what you're talking about. EJ should've been retired a long time ago and there isn't a EJ made after 2008 that still has the original engine, even the N/A 08+ EJ253s blow the frick up either headgaskets or spun bearings from oil consumption.

FA20 was a giga leap and should've been done a long time ago, Subaru had to go to Toyota to learn how to build a good engine and used their direct injection. FA24s are holding Evo 4G63 power levels on unopened long blocks reliably.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/iyLQSqI.jpeg

And unlike you, I have a real engine.
          The FA20DIT would have been a great engine if Subaru didn't make the connecting rods out of glass.
          Not that it matters to me, despite being a Jap I have no interest in owning a 4-cylinder rice cooker again.
          And If you go back up in the thread, that's also my MK.III Supra.

moron. homosexual. gtfo ur not wanted here, 85 iq invalid

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Pack it up, pal. You got shown up.
            I almost traded that '88 Supra in towards a 2002 WRX when they came out in the US. I'm not joking that I went in to the dealer the day before to get some pre-approval stuff and the Supra appraised. It was late in the evening and they wouldn't get the paper work done in time so they said to come back tomorrow. That night on NASIOC someone posted theirs blew its engine before it had 5k miles. A few others had chimed in that they were having problems too, as well as links to similar posts on JP forums. Next morning I called that sales guy and said I was no longer interested.
            Don't know if it means anything but like a month after I made that decision the turbo exploded and took my engine with it. Not like I have any allegiance to Toyota.
            Wasn't the EJ253 one of the worse offenders for head gasket issues?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

ur such a homosexual its unreal. trying to impress anons on a nigerian sandal making forum. unreal how pathetic you are
            >muh headgaskets!!1!
            >its the 253 r-right?
            just stop. ur tiny mind is going to blow a headgasket itself

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's real rich coming from someone that took nearly a full day to formulate a limp-dick response. Your brain might be the only thing slower than your car. You're supposed insult my car for an issue that it has, dumbass.
            >Muh valve lifters, AFM, visibility, 70 year old engine design, etc.

I hated my WRX because I had wanted one for so long only for to feel like I had been lied to. It didn't live up to a single one of the expectations that either Grand Autismo or tuner culture promised. If you were around at the time (2002-2007) then you would know how confused Americans were seeing a "Sue Bah Ruu" beat classic muscle/4th gens both at the track and the strip. Same with the EVO. Had I gone through with buying that '02 new at the peak of tuner culture, I would definitely be singing a different tune.

What changed on DA the last few years? I stopped coming here consistently around 2016. At that time, aimless aggression was the standard but it seems to be a deviation from the norm now.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

And unlike you, I have a real engine.
        The FA20DIT would have been a great engine if Subaru didn't make the connecting rods out of glass.
        Not that it matters to me, despite being a Jap I have no interest in owning a 4-cylinder rice cooker again.
        And If you go back up in the thread, that's also my MK.III Supra.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Just own up to the small penis and own a 4cylinder

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I was planning on trading my VA WRX for a VB STi but Subaru ate a big bowl of stupid. Maybe Toyota made breakfast-in-bed for them.
            In a more juvenile sense, displacement in Liters = Dick size in inches isn't a bad guide for choosing a car.
            Gonna post your engine bay?

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>it's ugly!
    >it's slow!
    >it's unaffordable in this awful economy!
    >last gen was way better!

I just think the WRX is neat 🙂

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

FA is trash

32. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What the frick is happening?

>subaru makes the car ugly, overweight, and no faster than previous gens
    >hur dur wut happen?
    The absolute state of subarutards

33. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

bros thoughts on the Crosstrek/XV?
    Been looking at a 4x4 like a Forester but it's a bit big for my needs, someone mentioned this one instead

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I hear bad things about Subaru's CVTs.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

As someone who's owned an Outback with a CVT for 3 years now; it's more or a myth than a truth for the newer vehicles, as much as I don't want to preach it - I enjoy my Outback for long, lazy drives signifcantly more than my Legacy with a 4 speed auto, as the thing shifts like butter, and has shockingly good reaction time for putting your foot down on the pedal. Would I buy one again with a CVT? Probably not if there was a new automatic or better 6 speed for a Subaru, but I wouldn't disqualify it outright.

https://i.imgur.com/tNz5eQr.jpeg

bros thoughts on the Crosstrek/XV?
        Been looking at a 4x4 like a Forester but it's a bit big for my needs, someone mentioned this one instead

Crosstrek is good, it's just a lifted Impreza, the only downside is a slightly aenemic FB20 over the FB25 that's in the Foresters and Outbacks.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

As someone who's owned an Outback with a CVT for 3 years now; it's more or a myth than a truth for the newer vehicles, as much as I don't want to preach it - I enjoy my Outback for long, lazy drives signifcantly more than my Legacy with a 4 speed auto, as the thing shifts like butter, and has shockingly good reaction time for putting your foot down on the pedal. Would I buy one again with a CVT? Probably not if there was a new automatic or better 6 speed for a Subaru, but I wouldn't disqualify it outright.

[...]
      Crosstrek is good, it's just a lifted Impreza, the only downside is a slightly aenemic FB20 over the FB25 that's in the Foresters and Outbacks.

My $0.02 is that the Crosstrek is a garbage value. MSRP higher than a legacy but smaller in terms of usable room and you get the 2.5 in the legacy vs. 2.0 in the Impreza. Legacy gets about the same mpg despite being bigger and having a bigger engine, and to my eye it looks better too.
      I can't be bothered to find the actual numbers but the Crosstrek doesn't have enough more clearance to matter much.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I think that's where Subaru kind of got itself stuck with vehicle options and being anal being on which models get which offering. The three vehicles that offer a turbski are the WRX and the Leg/Outback (I'm grouping these two cause they've always been sister cars) and Ascent for efficiency, whereas the only two Hybrid/EVs are now the Solterra and the Forester for 2025.
        -- Honestly, for what the Crosstrek gives you, I would be willing to spend it if you're that specific in your needs of a vehicle, if not - a Forester would suffice, and as a third option, an Outback. If not, honestly continue your search on another brand.

34. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

we gonna pretend impreza STIs ever sold in large numbers or are we gonna pretend I want a base model wrx because both are untrue

35. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's objectively ugly.

36. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Im enjoying mine, if i could do it over I would get a base model, the higher trims arent really worth it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Theyve grown on me. I'd want the TR, as dumb expensive as it is. I think the base models are perfectly fine cars with adequate power as well..

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I like the limited seats and the acceptable audio system

37. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I bought a 19 wrx for $26k in December, I love it :^)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Mine was 27k when I bought it new

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Nice base model, bro!

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You fricking blind?
          It was a Premium with most options.
          Base model would have different wheels and no fog lights.
          Limited would have different headlights with integrated turn signal.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You got a fully loaded subaru for $27k brand new? How slow and crappy is it when thats less than the price of an i4 mustang?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

A 4cyl Mustang costs $48,000, so I'm not sure what the extra $20,000 is buying you. Worse steering and a shitty automatic?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm not sure what you're smoking, this is the price at 2 dealerships. Again, how shitty is your car its priced lower than the least desireable based model mustang? Thats also the price before you start haggling because nobody is buying 4 cylinder mustangs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>$30,920
            >soft wallowy suspension setup to understeer, 10 speed that doesn't know what gear it wants to be in, tiny brakes, open diff, long gears, DRM locked down by fordjews so you can't even tune it, blows up if you try anyways, literally exists for hertz to have a convertible to rent

LMAOOOOOOOOOO globohomosexual car gonna phone home and report you to your job when you say Black person in your car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

April of 2020 was a much different world. There was a very brief window of time when COVID started when nobody was buying cars. Dealers marked everything down a few grand. You had to be there.
            Performance was meh, I sold it for an SS last year.

38. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Bidenomics. Everyone is poor, they are inflating personal wealth away, all big corps are only giving jobs to DEI Black folk for esg money

39. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>3 (three) more hp out of 0.4l more displacement
    >heavier
    >can't get a stick with recaros (and wrx had one of the highest manual take rates)
    >weird edgy headlights and grill (it would look better if you just put a wing and hood scoop on a 2017-2023 impreza)
    >crossover-like ugly plastic cladding no one asked for
    >no sti
    The fact that the unavailable in the US Levorg doesn't have the plastic is just a bonus.

40. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How do we fix the WRX

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Make it ~3% smaller and cut 5% of its weight
      >throw the plastic wheel arches in the shredder where they belong, then execute the designers who greenlit that choice and bury them in a mass grave
      >lower the trunkline so it doesn't look like a camry
      >lower the hoodline because it HAS A FRICKING FLAT FOUR ENGINE WHY IS THE HOOD LINE TALLER THAN A CIVIC'S?!?!?!!?
      >smaller grille
      >10 more horsepower
      >discontinue the CVT and offer it with a manual or an 8/10 speed automatic
      Fixed

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>at least 300 hp (even fa20 can hit that, va wrx had a 300 hp version in japan)
      >get rid of plastic wheelarches
      >get rid of the lip injection rear bumper
      >get rid of ayy lmao headlights
      >top trim available with manual
      >give it a wing
      >make the shitpad on the dashboard not laggy
      >get rid of the cvt, for the automatic option, license the longitudinal dsg from audi or something, hell even the 5 speed slushbox from tribeca would be better
      >400 hp sti with the good old sti 6 speed with center diff and other sti goodies

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Bring back hot hatch/wagon
      >That gay little 4cyl should have at least 400hp from factory, but strong enough for at least 550hp with bolt-ons & tune.
      >AWD to be expected, electronic aids to make it actually good
      >big stupid wing because it looks cool, no other purpose
      >inexpensive spartan interior, but not cheap plastic garbage
      >6 speed manual, don't offer an automatic and bemoan poor sales
      >fully loaded at $42,000
      >build it with the intent nearly every buyer is going to put at least $10,000 of mods into it
      >big stupid hood scoop making it special, not just another NPC-mobile with fake styling accents like plastic inserts resembling air scoops

Basically stop doing all the same "safe" design and engineering choices every fricking car maker does for their sub $100k cars.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>That gay little 4cyl should have at least 400hp from factory, but strong enough for at least 550hp with bolt-ons & tune

The wrx should have:
        Super stronk 7 spd manual designed for full throttle clutch dumping
        A turbo flat 6 with optional v8
        100kw electric motor and 5kwh battery so you dont have to wake up the engine for short trips.
        Rwd/4wd 2spd transfer case
        12 inches ground clearance
        Electromagnetic shocks
        Ultra heavy duty brakes
        Aggressive styling
        36 inch tires on 18 inch wheels
        Skid plates
        5th wheel hitch and 12,000 pound towing capacity
        Manual torque vectoring
        42 gallon fuel tank
        12 inch subwoofers

41. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What does this thing offer value wise over my current vehicle?

42. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Make car worse
    >More and more people prefer obtaining older models than buying new models.
    Disconnect between producer and consumer, with the former believing themselves to be holier than the latter.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Kinda like the eclipse going from an iconic entry level tuner car to shitbox suv for women. Why is mitsubishi still attempting to sell cars in the US?

43. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Guys you can ignore every reply above me. None of them realized that 2024 models didn't arrive at Subaru dealers until June. Not sure why Subie did that, but that's why sales are 'down'. Look at how many fricking morons wrote long essays of moronic invention to explain this without even looking into it. morons.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

My dealer has had a WRX TR on the lot since late April. It still hasn't sold.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Same at my dealer. Only two TR, no other 2024 models. TR is $10k more than the regular models and the only thing it does is not have brake fade after three laps on a track. Does anyone care about that? No. It is shit. And for $3k more you can get a Golf R which is far better (sorry Subie bros). TR is a dud. Sales volume would be with the regular models but of course they're not out yet.

44. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's good!

45. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why isn't the WRX at hatch? It seems like all the enthusiasts who would actually buy one want it to be a hatch - or does Subuaru think there's a swath of Ford Taurus buyers looking to upgrade to a subaru sedan for some reason?

46. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

We're in a recession.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I just bought a limited production car last week (that I can afford, old 2004 was rusting apart) during a recession and I don't know how to feel about it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Be thankful that you're doing well. A lot of people aren't.

47. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

pretty much all car sales are down

48. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I bought a wrx in 2020 and it really sucks. If im wasting $40k on a new car it might as well not suck so much. I guess they made marginal improvements, but still my old shitbox is better and cheaper.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *