Always no exception

Only when needed, passing or street racing

Never, or rarely

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I used to have an automatic GTI, I would always no exception have it in sports mode because it was the last mode on the bottom, it was easier to just slam it all the way down than try to click it into drive without going past.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah I always kept my MK7 in sport around town, only put it in comfort for interstate cruising.

My current car (Mazda6 turbo) has a sport mode but it barely does anything. Whatever, I know it's not a sports car or anything so it doesn't bother me. What's really funny is that my gf's base trim Rogue with a CVT has "sport mode," I imagine that just means it drones at like 4k RPM all the time.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My DSG Golf R's sport mode just held the lowest gear possible, it was a bit annoying. I never really used sport mode on the gearbox, I always used manual mode or just left it in drive. I had my individual setting as engine and steering set to sport with suspension in normal

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unironically old bad new good here

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The new one is gargantuan, numb, and no 6-speed option though.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In my Giulia I drive like this
    >"Advanced efficiency" mode: never used since it's basically the same as natural mode
    >"Natural": regular street driving
    >"Dynamic": aggressive street driving
    >"Race": track and autocross driving
    My car has electronic dampers so there's a pretty big difference between the modes. I always use the paddle shifters when driving in dynamic or race, and sometimes when in natural (I prefer to downshift manually when overtaking or driving up steep hills, it's smoother than mashing the gas and waiting for kickdown)

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is an image board sir, please post the giulia

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I can, its my wife's boss'.
        I'll ask him if he will let me take some pics next time he drops her home after their work drinks.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I prefer to downshift manually
      >car Is torque converted automatic
      kek, fricking ricer

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sport mode at all times for the throttle response.
    but not sport suspension since that is too bouncy
    17 fors

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In the case of BMWs, sport mode is trash. It changes throttle response to be too aggressive which only serves the illusion of sportiness, it's of no benefit to actual performance diving where a linear throttle is preferable.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"power" button on the M3 e9X
      >just changes throttle response
      what a fricking joke, fricking "enthusiast car"

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Are you sure? On the M5 it’s 100hp more.

In the case of BMWs, sport mode is trash. It changes throttle response to be too aggressive which only serves the illusion of sportiness, it's of no benefit to actual performance diving where a linear throttle is preferable.

Agree 100% the throttle is way too jumpy to be useful and even after 15 years they still suck at programming the trans .

Audi is 100% better and has had the computer shifting better and smoother than a human since the R8 came out. They even proved it with lap times.

Truly better to use sport mode on a track in an Audi and let it work for you but with BMW you need to do manual mode.

Also, some of you guys with auto dampers tied to the spot mode (Corvette C8) need to be careful. The dampers on a corvette in sport and track mode are for tracks with smooth surfaces. You will crack your wheels on the street, they’re way too stiff.

You don’t need those stiff dampers on the road it’s only going to wear out your car and slow you down.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Active driving i keep it in manual (same shift times as S+), otherwise comfort.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use "Race" mode by default. And I use "Sport" mode if it's raining or there is something hazardous about the conditions. The only time it's in "Normal" mode is when I first start it up.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

whats a sport mode

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Manuals still have driving modes

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Only white guy itt

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Most whites today drive autos and India is 2 billion shitskins that almost exclusively drive manual

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've never owned a car new enough to have a "sport mode"

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My old car has only one mode: fast.
    Suck it gay

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just leave it in normal most of the time.
    I have a big sedan that is supposed to be comfortable with an automatic transmission they repurposed from a 4x4 truck. Even in sport mode the shifts are not fast, they just seem harsher than need be.

Sport holds gears longer, both on the way up and down so I will use it on conjunction with turning off overdrive in the mountains to allow for more aggressive engine braking but that's about it.

Truth be told I'd rather use snow mode all the time (disables 1st entirely and starts in second, limits revs to under 4k and significantly extends shift times for a smoother engagement) but that's terrible for the clutches and shouldn't be used on dry pavement.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No.
    I need to save money anon, do you know how expensive gas is?

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You have to go back to mexico

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most of the time. My car has 3 modes
    >normal
    >sport (reduced ESC, sharper throttle+exhaust valve open, bangs)
    >track (same as sport but heavier steering and traction off)
    It also has a separate button for ESC fully off. I normally drive in sport for the exhaust note but on smoother roads normal+ESC fully off is the best setting for fast driving.
    On rough roads the LSD can cause a bit of tramlining with the lighter steering though, the added resistance in track helps it stay neutral.

On the standard tune normal has cylinder deactivation but with the remap on mine that's gone

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My sport mode is just driving around in second gear.
    Third on the highway.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

First question would be how many people here know what sports mode does. I doubt there's many (if any) here who understand what sports mode expects from the driver.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>First question would be how many people here know what sports mode does.
      Depends on the car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sensitive throttle and more aggressive engine braking instead of holding revs/speed.
      That's basically it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

jesus fricking christ you're a real pedantic homosexual aren't you

Sensitive throttle and more aggressive engine braking instead of holding revs/speed.
      That's basically it.

well that and revving up to the appropriate rpm before shifting

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>jesus fricking christ you're a real pedantic homosexual aren't you
        You sound triggered. Was google not your friend on this one?

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have Ford and it's always in adaptive mode. Works great. Takes input from how fast you use steering wheel/gas pedal and switches modes automagically.
    Like you drive slowly it's in economy mode, want to overtake, just steer sharply and give it a gas it instantly switches to sport mode.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I put it in w.e. mode I need to turn off stability control.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My sport mode is supposed to open up the exhaust valves, make throttle response curve a little less sedate, and stiffer steering.

it's basically the only mode i use.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

in my Challenger I have multiple options.
    >press TCS button once: TCS in fun mode, normal shift timing
    >hold TCS button for 5 secs: TCS disabled
    >press Sport button: TCS in fun mode, enhanced shift timing
    >press Sport button then hold TCS: enhanced shift timing and no TCS

I can rebind the sport button to different drive modes like Race (enables electronic brake vectoring), also access the Ram/Wrangler snow and tow modes using my Tazer.

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I don't use sport mode on the highway, I can't ever pass anyone
    But I don't use it all the time since it creates weird torque bite and I use the brakes way more
    I have an escape .....

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Seldomly, mainly because it's far too different from the sluggish normal mode.
    >Normal pedal response: transmission takes full seconds to get into gear and lumber forward
    >Sport pedal response: time to launch!
    Try getting the timing right to merge into an opening in traffic with differences that vast.

Immensely prefer a manual regardless but I have the rest of you lazy homosexuals to thank for cutting my options.

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only sometimes, the car tends to sit at 3000RPM when doing highway speeds unless I also take over and manually shift it up a gear or two, but the throttle response and braking seem to be way better though

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Same here, I posted the question but doubt most drive in sport mode every day. I feel that would wear things out faster. City driving and surface roads in busy traffic, it's meaningless.

https://i.imgur.com/nx8vVAZ.jpeg

I've never owned a car new enough to have a "sport mode"

Your car is default sport mode, that's why people bought it.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nope both the daily and skidder have performance mode does frick all even in my tuned zf turbo barra

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>sport mode
    My 525i is manual.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nice, before the E90 I had a 2004 325i for awhile. Automatic, and it did not have sport package. Getting into the E90 from E46 was already a noticeable improvement, sport mode puts it over the top. And there is a difference, car seems jumpy and sprung in sport mode. RPMs go up I know that. What else? Not sure. But I do know there's a difference between sports package and M-Sports and appearance package where you get dampers and trim, etc.
      They always give specs for new cars but never specs for sport mode on/off, or are these specs with sport mode on? Not a lot on dyno video results for base model cars, only for M cars.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Fun fact, even on manuals you can activate sport mode. Need to wire in a switch where the sport button on the auto would be. all it'll do is make the throttle more sensitive. On e60's like my car though it'll also tighten up the steering.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *