Stock bottom end 5.7s in the 9s

Stock bottom end, no serious weight reduction. Probably about 1000hp crank. And these are cheap af to pick up. Is the 5.7 hemi the modern 2jz? Near unlimited mod potential in an engine you can find anywhere

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just build a top fuel dragster if you want to do the quarter mile. Kinda pointless to waste money just to be slow.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Building a 5.7 challenger/charger is the cheapest way to the 9s. Can make em handle well too with largely compatable amg parts

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

tracks are for pozzed boomer israelites

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Based of i didn't just buy a barra i would have

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK. Yeah a real fricking good performance platform. People have been doing this for decades with junkyard truck LS's. This fat and useless piece doesn't even fit in anything like a LS can.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>see thread
    >google how fast Supras go on a stock block
    >8 seconds
    >the car and engine are 30 years old

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that’s awesome bro. now show us your 2jz on boost

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Show us your 1000hp 5.7

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

that’s awesome bro. now show us your 2jz on boost

https://i.imgur.com/ThevfND.jpg

>see thread
          >google how fast Supras go on a stock block
          >8 seconds
          >the car and engine are 30 years old

Just out of curiosity today when I was at work I was asking the senior engine builder his thoughts on building a 5.7 gen 3 vs 2JZ to 1000bhp and what it would cost and he thinks at least $35,000 minimum for the 5.7L, and estimates slightly lower for the 2J at about $25,000-$30,000 because he's actually built one before for a customer. Factoring in current inflation that falls roughly in line with what the inflation rate for what the last 2J he built cost the customer at around $27.5K adjusted. 5.7s are pigs and eat a up a lot of extra costs with those extra cylinders and having two heads and needing twice the work with machining.

Do with that what you will. I have no horse in this shitting match.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based anon bringing us answers to the questions we really want to know

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

5.0 Coyotes can take significantly more power on a fully stock internals and block. There a dealerships that will sell them with 800 horsepower and a 60k mile powertrain warranty.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Building a 5.7 challenger/charger is the cheapest way to the 9s. Can make em handle well too with largely compatable amg parts

https://i.imgur.com/uM9l6sd.jpg

Stock bottom end, no serious weight reduction. Probably about 1000hp crank. And these are cheap af to pick up. Is the 5.7 hemi the modern 2jz? Near unlimited mod potential in an engine you can find anywhere

Gen 3 coyotes literally destroy every other v8 right now on stock components. I've seen 1000 to the wheels on a gen 3 with just a supercharger strapped on. The craziest part is I've seen some putting out 850-900whp with 25k on the build too. Hemis are not the way to go for any reason. Dodges are overpriced at almost every level except r/t's and have way too poor quality control.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Coyotes are a fricking meme with a grenade-tier valvetrain and you're a fricking moron and a half if you think they're anywhere close to the reliability of an Eagle Hemi or that Dodge somehow makes a worse product than Ford in Current year +9.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>grenade-tier valvetrain and you're a fricking moron and a half if you think they're anywhere close to the reliability of an Eagle Hemi
          bro shut the frick up, you rev a hemi to 8k one time and it would sling all 8 rods out of the block. a coyote can live at 8k.

Do a google search, moron. I'm not spoonfeeding you when you called me a wrenchlet while simultaneously exposing yourself as one.

man shut the frick up you homosexual ricer. how you gonna measure airflow with a pressure reading only. so fricking stupid have a nice day.
          >BUT MUH VALVE FLOAT?!???
          dumbass fricking adhd ricer, wrenchlet

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>you're a fricking moron and a half if you think they're anywhere close to the reliability of an Eagle Hemi or that Dodge somehow makes a worse product than Ford in Current year +9
          Thats crazy cause as it sits, ford's forced induction products have just hit the reliability low chrysler products as a whole have been at since the 318 died out. The coyote is what ford has gotten right and has only improved as time goes on. You can say whatever you want about the ecoboosts but the coyote pound for pound beats out everything else right now from the factory. Dodge engines are only good for restomods and garage ornaments

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>1000 horsepower on completely stock motors
          >grenade tier valve train
          Look at the lil ol boomer afraid of overhead cams, he's terrified to see how far behind his favorite brand is. 5.0 Coyote takes a huge shit on 5.7s

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Truth

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/B8EZXku.jpg

[...]
          [...]
          Gen 3 coyotes literally destroy every other v8 right now on stock components. I've seen 1000 to the wheels on a gen 3 with just a supercharger strapped on. The craziest part is I've seen some putting out 850-900whp with 25k on the build too. Hemis are not the way to go for any reason. Dodges are overpriced at almost every level except r/t's and have way too poor quality control.

M6 POS troony will literally blow itself up…
          Dodges with TR6060 can take 1000HP like it’s no big deal.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>"Poor quality control"
            >chinese made mt82
            lmao

>goal posting this hard
            Engines? Lol.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why do you have troonys on your mind, gay? thinking about chopping off your dick too, chud?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Have you been diagnosed for your mental illness yet?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>"Poor quality control"
        >chinese made mt82
        lmao

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mopargays like me have been saying this shit for over a decade. The 5.7L Hemi is massively slept on and has absolutely fricking moronic potential. They're overbuilt truck engines capable of handling immense stress. The head design is brilliant and the kind of shit LS and Fordgays have to shell out big money to replicate.

In the next decade, 5.7L Hemis will become one of the most desireable swaps because of the sheer potential without opening the block. The premium on them will look like 400ci SBCs.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the pentastar takes more boost stock than the play-doh 5.7

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's objectively untrue. There's a Motortrend article out there somewhere that details how they force 40psi down the throat of a junkyard Ram 5.7L and it took it without issue.

If you want to talk "safely", sure, the Pentastar can more "safely" take boost stock. The Hemi has far, FAR better potential though. Cam, lifters, and springs are cheaper and give the Hemi far better boost capacity. Plus, you know, there's the whole thing about no replacement for displacement that means a 5.7L on 8psi will make a shitload more power than a Pentastar on 12psi.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>That's objectively untrue
          12>8
          benistar makes 500hp with a stock cam and bottom end

5.7 makes more power cheaply however, pstar requires lots of custom shit because of the lack of aftermarket development and competition in that space

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's a fricking moronic perspective, but I assume you're memeing on me. The Pentastar is trash for modding and there's an incredibly low ceiling of horsepower that takes a ludicrous amount of money to overcome. It's fine for a minivan engine, but it's so, so far from a performance platform that you have to basically redesign the fricking thing to get real power out of it.

DOHC is never the answer.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that is really down to the lack of aftermarket for it and there are only two companies that make F/I kits so the price gouging is insane
            but it's just as easily tuned as a hemi, runs the same ECU and everything.
            it was meant to be boosted in the first place. that's actually what the 3.2 babby cherokee block was originally for.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>8psi will make a shitload more power than a Pentastar on 12psi.
          not part of the convo but i like how you equate airflow rates with intake manifold pressure. youve never touched a wrench.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Don't fricking talk to me when you don't understand what valve float is, homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>valve float
            whats valve float have to do with equating airflow with PSI ?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Do a google search, moron. I'm not spoonfeeding you when you called me a wrenchlet while simultaneously exposing yourself as one.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can you make 500 hp without FI

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

doensnt matter how fast it is. I'm not driving around in TVI bait kek.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Stock bottom end
    >aside from the block, crank, rods and pistons
    Why are DodgeBlack folk outright lying morons?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>all this to make 1000 CRANK horsepower
      >meanwhile fordchads with an actually stock truck motor

https://i.imgur.com/B8EZXku.jpg

[...]
      [...]
      Nocars BTFO yet again.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah but one is a junkyard $500 motor the other is $10,000

5.0s are better but I can get a Hemi Charger/300C for $3-5000, give it a cam and run 12s.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There are 5.0 F150s rotting in junkyards RIGHT NOW, will they take a full 1140 WHP (1300+ crank presumably)? No of course not, but they'll take a shitload more than the 5.7 trashpile.

Truth

False

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How much is a 5.0 F150? They're usually $15-20k.

None. moronic DodgeBlack folk think every modular is a 2V apparently. I wonder if they're even aware they're not all 4.6s even.

I'm starting to think the problem is domestiBlack folk, all unhinged schizos and aggressively moronic, probably /misc/ transplants

A 2v costs the same as a early 5.7 Hemi, I don't even think you can find a 3v for this price.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A 2v costs the same as a early 5.7 Hemi, I don't even think you can find a 3v for this price.
            >a high mileage "tuned" charger with suspension problems that's already blown a headgasket
            >implying we're even talking about 2Vs
            Ok?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

30 year old modulars can make more power with similar mods, the new "hemi's" really are pieces of shit.

Yeah but one is a junkyard $500 motor the other is $10,000

5.0s are better but I can get a Hemi Charger/300C for $3-5000, give it a cam and run 12s.

Is this cope about the OP being a lying moron? Are you saying "stock block" 5.7s can't actually make 1000whp?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Lolno, modularity are trash, it takes like 20k to even get em to stock gen 2 coyote tier

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it takes like 20k to even get em to stock gen 2 coyote tier
            I'm not talking about a 2V Anon, a teksid block Cobra from '96-'01(some '01s are WAPs) just needs boost and forged pistons and rods, it already has a forged crank. Mark VIIIs also had a teksid block but had cast cranks.

>30 year old modulars can make more power with similar mods, the new "hemi's" really are pieces of shit

All mod motors prior to the coyote save for the 03-04 cobra needed forged rods past ~500whp as the stock powdered metal rods go boom. Cast cranks were good for about 700whp before giving up the ghost and about the same with the hyper pistons.

[...]
            >$20k that is also patently false.

Yes Anon, I said "with similar mods" to the car in the OP.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>goal posting this hard
            Kek

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What goalposts were supposedly moved Anon?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

None. moronic DodgeBlack folk think every modular is a 2V apparently. I wonder if they're even aware they're not all 4.6s even.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>30 year old modulars can make more power with similar mods, the new "hemi's" really are pieces of shit

All mod motors prior to the coyote save for the 03-04 cobra needed forged rods past ~500whp as the stock powdered metal rods go boom. Cast cranks were good for about 700whp before giving up the ghost and about the same with the hyper pistons.

Lolno, modularity are trash, it takes like 20k to even get em to stock gen 2 coyote tier

>$20k that is also patently false.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ya, the 5.7 is pretty similar to the other hemis, just has a awful cam and crap manifolds from factory. 12s are easy NA, sky is the limit with boost on them

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Damn, guess the rt is a good modding platform after all

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How did you come to that conclusion? There are similarly quick coyotes that are still NA and have less mods. Needing a supercharger and nitrous just to run 9's is pretty pathetic.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's with weight reduction, the challenger in OP was a full 4000+lbs

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You can see the interior trim is still in

https://i.imgur.com/bdXBWl6.png

How did you come to that conclusion? There are similarly quick coyotes that are still NA and have less mods. Needing a supercharger and nitrous just to run 9's is pretty pathetic.

too Anon.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Makes sense, those 5.7 head flow enough to support 600NA hp even before porting, so 14psi would give around 1200hp

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

im just happy theres another option for new age muscle under $10,000 other than clapped out sn95s and f-bodys

i imagine the dodge automatics are fricking leagues better than any gm 4l60e and wont break as quickly as a ford troony

just too bad theyre open diff and 4000lbs at the very lightest

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>5.7 hemi
    >good platform
    My friend put $20k into supercharging a 5.7 just to get a measly 550WHP. Most stock block 5.7's can only handle around 600HP before they start to shit themselves.
    The 5.0 coyote, whatever generation LS chevy is on now, and the 6.2 hemis actually have potential on stock blocks. The 5.7 is an ancient engine that made good power for its time but should've died with the 4.6 modular.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You'd probably want one of those aftermarket aluminum blocks if you wanted 1000 WHP

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

But at that point it doesn't really matter what engine you're running. You can make a fricking d series do 1000whp with a billet block.
        The 2jz-gte was legendary for its time because you could crank the boost on stock internals and hit 500whp in an era where breaking 400 required built blocks. The 5.7 isn't that at all, to make good power out of it (by modern standards) requires building the block. Sure you can easily get 500-600whp out of a 5.7 with boost and that's great, but that's in an era where the modern equivalents are putting 700-900whp on stock internals.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I feel like the it gets too much hate in general.
    I've enjoyed my 5.7 Challenger, obviously it's not the fastest thing on the road, but I like cruising in my boat car with the windows down while listening to some boomer music and the sound of the V8.
    If I cared that much about 0-60 I'd just buy an EV or a street bike.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I feel like it gets too much hate in general*

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

mopar reliability

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *