STOP KILLING THE PLANET WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/27/opinions/automatic-vs-manual-cars-electric-pollution-hockenos/index.html

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if its automatic its by definition of a rental

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i'm going to buy straight pipe e36 with welded diff form my next daily.
    Just to put more microplastic from tires into air.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>welded diff
      was lsd really that rare kek, damn bmws are trash

if its automatic its by definition of a rental

based

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No. Just limited implies some tread will be left.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

parts hoarders are gouging the prices hard on 188mm LSDs, they want minimum $800 for one that needs a full rebuild

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

weak bait but everyone will still take it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

is it though?
      an AT tuned up to choke the engine and shift at 1500rpm is all you're gonna get in the near future

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>AT tuned up to choke the engine and shift at 1500rpm is all you're gonna get in the near future
        See, that's the eco mode's hidden super eco mode feature. Great for those CO2 scores.
        After all that vibration fricks up the gearbox's bearings and the metal dust finds its way into some servo or sensor inside, the car stops producing pollution entirely.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I am going to go do burnouts in my Manual V8 right now. Even though the Canadian government is bringing back a tax on gas, I will not bow to globohomo. FRICK GLOBOBlack folk

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

extremely based. i shall do donuts in the empty lot in your honor.
      frick globohomoBlack folk

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

that article is just a "our little hobby" tier shitpost

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hope this soi limp wrist homosexual dies in Minecraft, hardcore mode so he loses his character. Imagine being European and not being able to drive a manual. Then, you are full of so much soi that you write a BuzzFeed article.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Europeons are subhumans. Vermin. Masochistic cretins that take delight in having their freedom and rights trampled upon. Oversocialized cowards that live in tyrannical bureaucratic states with exorbitant tax rates. Behaving like obedient drones while taking every chance to look down upon others. They are hell bent on pushing their insane agenda worldwide. A repugnant continent. Truly.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>CNN
    I do not concern myself with the opinion of homosexuals pushing propaganda.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's ragebait and you took it. even if only 2% of people drive manuals here, most people will acknowledge they're more interesting and worth having around.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In the article this guy says road transportation accounts for 15% of the air pollution.
    Why is he so excited to ruin driving for the sake of less than 1/5 of the pollution?

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They give us too much credit. The planet survived meteors and its own ice ages. It is incapable of showing gratitude for our planetary defense network that redirects asteroids and comets away from it.
    Manual drive to the moon and beyond.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Obligatory

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>While all gasoline-run cars and trucks are climate killers with stick shifts being the slightly worse of two evils
    ...Says the German lib arts gay less than a year after their very last nuclear power plant was shut-down.
    He also mentioned how he thinks about wieners in the first few sentences and the article is written like a high school paper, but with less structure. He clearly knows how to save the planet.
    Too funny.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>compares manuals to homosexuality
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a hand job doesn't involve waggling the dick around.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>CNN

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they don't even touch on why manual cars are actually more pollutant than autocragics.
    now this is coming off the top of my head and i may not be 100% accurate:
    when we shift in a stick, we have to tip out and tip in like 5 or 6 times to get to cruising gear. when you tip in, you run quite rich for a second while the engine finds equilibrium again and purges the saved up gas out of the intake from when you tipped out. when you tip out, you go rich. however we've been able to minimize the richness on tip out with rev-hang, we haven't found a solution for the tip-in besides using GDI.
    Gas engines are pretty disgusting because you have to maintain a near-stoichiometric A/F ratio for it to burn clean enough that a catalyst can turn it into harmless gas and water vapor. This is easy enough to do while throttle is open, but those transitions between throttle completely closed and open get tricky. diesel on the other hand doesn't really care what A/F ratio is going on, it will still ignite on compression and make power depending on the amount of fuel is present.
    in an automatic the throttle doesn't have to close to shift. 5he transmission just forces the engine speed lower by applying the next gear clutch pack just before the previous gear released, the throttle position never changed.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

He says that manual transmissions account for 1% of new vehicles. And that super scary hellscape gas caused by private cars is 15% of the total— while simultaneously saying manuals account for SLIGHTLY more than automatics.
    He also singles out men for wanting manual cars..

Basically it’s CNN agitprop homosexualry . He’s shilling for EVs by taking a culture war stand, for something that barely matters.

So, he’s a complete homosexual. Anything that straight white males enjoy is automatically suspicious.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The author is a disingenuous israelite but stick shifts are going the way of the horse and buggy for very good reasons.
    The only metric by which manuals are objectively superior is that swaps/repairs cost $500 less compared to an automatic. It also costs $1000 - $2000 less to replace a horse in a horse and carriage set up, but that's not nearly enough of an upside by itself to ever seriously consider getting a buggy. Similarly, the vast majority of people out there who aren't blinded by nostalgia or peer pressured by their parents/other manualgays into getting a manual would never seriously consider getting one in the present day.
    TLDR OP is a homosexual, CNN is overtly propaganda, but manuals are basically just nostalgia bait for old farts now

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

for the exact reason you described, manuals will still have their place in cars up to compact class.
      lower maintenance costs are what people buying cheaper cars want.
      plus, manuals are 20-50 kg lighter than autos which may not be a big difference in a 2.5 ton suv but absolutely will matter in a 900 kg econobox

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>homosexual moron
    >german
    >can't get his ladylike hands to operate a stick
    >thinks operating in an rpm range is just too hard
    >has no idea that automatics suck a ton of power and in no way whatsoever are as long lasting or fuel efficient.
    >writes for trash-news operation CNN
    WHAT A FRICKING SURPRISE

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I read this while wasting time at work today. The author is technically correct. EVs are killing manuals and even if they weren't, new car sales have been gravitating towards auto only for the past 30 years.

But the way he lays this out in the piece is some of the most dosghit ragebait trash I've seen in an opinion article in a fricking while. Even though he's technically correct, the attitude in his writing comes off as some rich, smug European liberal elite who not only dislikes manual transmissions but actively despises the people who still drive them. He's basically saying "I know what's best for you, now sit down, shut up, and enjoy it" as he watches down and spits on you from his ivory tower. It's so bad that it makes you want to go out and buy a new V8 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger with a 6 speed just to spite this moron. (Which would be secretly based if that was his actual intent.)

This is the kind of shit that radicalizes people. This attitude of "I know better than you, just shut up and take it." These were the kinds of people that were writing tone-deaf pro-Hiliary thinkpieces back in 2016 and then turned around and were shocked when Trump won.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Take for example the German automotive writer who waxed melancholy in a heartfelt “homage to the good old days of the clutch and gear stick.”
    >He affectionately describes the stick shift’s smooth knob nestled in his palm.
    >(Sigmund Freud would have had no trouble deducing the grounds for this allure.)
    how homophobic! I expect better from modern germans. anyway, the 1% of cars manufactured with manuals aren't going away because people fricking buy them. We've reached equilibrium. They'll never be 35% of the market ever again, but nobody's asking for that. 1% of the total market is more than enough to have options when you're an enthusiast shopping for a specific type of car. gunther is just mad at a guy he made up and wants to get paid by CNN to own his tulpa in an epic blog post

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i wonder how long tremec will keep selling tkxs and t56 magnums for...would be nice in the future

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>1% of the total market is more than enough to have options when you're an enthusiast shopping for a specific type of car.
      not when you don't want a markup

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Manual
    >Automatic
    Idgaf. Just put the damn gear shifter back on the steering column with front seat bench so I have more leg room.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mowy micro plastics are from polyester clothing

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>CNN

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i dont care if climate change fricks up the earth and kills me

worth it to drive a rwd V8 land barge tbh

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *