Suggestions that are smaller than a sedan

>first car was an 01 Camry.
>put 400k miles on it before trading it for an 02 Corolla.
>put 300k miles on it.
>Got ran off the road on monday; too much damage to fix
Im on the market for a new car and as you can see, i havent been on the car market in so long that I am unfamiliar with everything. Screens in cars is new for me.

But also, I am 1 person, 40 years old, no plans to date or transport people. Literally, not a single other person has rode with me in this car that ive had for almost 20 years. A passenger seat and back seats are basically useless to me and my groceries are rather light.

Every generic suggestion i see is quite large. Japanese kei cars arent sold here.

I liked how my cars lasted so long without needed much in repairs.
I dont need much space and feel like i can downsize the physical size to save a lot in both the car and gas going forward.
I dont know anything about hybrids... I am not knowledgeable about cars really.
I travel about 110-120 miles per day (50.5 miles/2 hour commute each way)

What would you suggest that is more fitting for my minimal space but high mileage needs?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

For that much mileage an EV would be the best option, assuming you own a home and can install a 240v outlet to charge it anyway. In most areas electricity is much cheaper than gas and the maintenance needed for EVs is much less so if you plan on putting a bunch of miles on it, EVs are cheaper to own in the long run. Plus you never have to worry about getting gas ever again, one more chore crossed off your list. The chevy bolt probably would have been a good choice, but now the only small ones are the hyundai kona EV and Volvo EX30. Personally I would not buy the EX30 unless I got the fast option because it has eliminated all the buttons and put everything on the touch screen which I hate. The fast one is probably fast enough to make it worth it though.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Get better bait

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

A 120 mile commute is literally the perfect use case for an EV because of the cheaper fueling and maintenance. Virtually 100% of the drivetrain maintenance is eliminated in an EV. No transmission, no spark plugs head gaskets, timing belts, etc. etc.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Virtually 100% of the drivetrain maintenance is eliminated in an EV. No transmission
          So you have no idea how an EV is constructed, got it.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Oh ya, since you probably don't know ow what you're looking at....

https://i.imgur.com/NkVugcW.jpeg

>Virtually 100% of the drivetrain maintenance is eliminated in an EV. No transmission
          So you have no idea how an EV is constructed, got it.

Is a brand new tesla transmission that's leaking oil

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Also, typically 2 seaters are sports cars which are expensive. There is pretty much just the miata, nissan Z, and Supra in that segment unless you are super rich.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When's the last time you fricked?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

your age +9 months

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if you think a corolla was too big you can try a geo metro, ford festiva/aspire, you should be able to find better deals on that style corolla if you look for a geo prism, most people dont know its the same car

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you can still get a mirage new, they've been around long enough without news articles ousting them as disasters, if you can get a yaris or echo they're confirmed indestructible and a little smaller than a Corolla

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Toyota Yaris, you can get it in 3 door and the 1nz is pretty solid. Honda Fit is a tad larger but a good option too.
    Maybe you want a motorcycle? Smaller than any car and get great mileage.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Miata

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris

03-08 is the most reliable generation of Corollas, but it's a 4-seater. It doesn't hurt to have the extra space though, it'll get 35+ MPG on the highway.

I don't know shit about hybrids or EVs either but they may be worth looking into. A manager at one of my old jobs had a hybrid and was getting 45-50 MPG

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Don't buy a small car, buy a frick off massive v8 coupe

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Small cars are usually compromised either for cheapness or performance. Spending 4 hours a day in your car at 25MPH average says you don't really need smol car performance and you definitely don't want cheapness.

My suggestions:
    Accord.
    Camry
    Lexus ES 350
    Genesis G70
    Model 3

Could also look at the Mercedes E-class, Cadillac CTS, Acura TLX, Volvo S60/S90. I've just never personally been in any of those.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>op drives 2 20 year old economy cars over half a million miles
      >rec
      ommends model 3, genesis, and 911

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Based fellow smol car enthusiast.

>Mazda 3
    >Mazda Miata
    >Mazdas in general, they make smol yet attainable cars
    >Suzuki Jimny/Samurai
    >Suzukis in general
    >import a kei car over 25 years old (assuming you're in the US, other countries have different import laws but generally importing and registering a foreign vehicle is possible, opening your options by a lot)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Also a Prius C or Lexus CT200h. Really look into the Lexus, tiny little thing with luxury features. Slow af but people will think it's classy because of the badge.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *