Talk me out of buying a GR86

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's cheaper to overhaul suspension and tires on a car with a better engine than to get power out of the flat 4

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I’m not looking for power. Just something to learn the ropes of driving with. I’ll most like trade it in a couple years.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i wouldn't do that with a new car you'll get raped by depreciation

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

a $4000 manual civic would accomplish the same thing.... use the rest of the money to fund a month long trip to japan since you obviously are a fricking weeb

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Dubs of truth!

https://i.imgur.com/DR6JRiN.jpg

Used Si you dumb gay.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>fwd honda
            >calling someone else a gay

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>flat 4
          That's reason enough. Unless you're going to swap it.

>fwd
          gay

Buy a G-body or something.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>G-body
            How is this even remotely close to a GR86

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's closer to a gr86 than a Civic
            RWD
            Your choice of 2 door or 4 door
            Easy to work on
            V8's
            plenty of parts

Normally I'd say he should get a Foxbody, but their prices have kind of exploded. Around here at least.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you're kind of making me want one of these. don't care if i get called a Black person. that looks fun.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A G-body?
            There are plenty of non-nigged G-body's.
            It's behind a paywall now, but HotRod Garage had two episodes focused on a G-body Malibu, and making it into a stunt car.

They come in plenty of flavors.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You'd be better off buying some 20 year old shitbox that you can abuse the frick out of, drive it hard, frick up shifts and clutch etc. and saving the money that put off for the GR86 into a 401k or something.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

then buy a used gt86

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

get a GT86 or e92 then.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Don't buy new then

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everyone talking about horsepower is hilarious when OP in his second post said

>I’m not looking for power. Just something to learn the ropes of driving with.

The only thing that's unironically in the same category is a older GT86 or a used ND Miata. Everyone talking about how much faster or slower a car is in a straight line doesn't track their car. Their opinions are worthless

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

an ss is both faster on the track and in a straight line and is objectively superior, quick coping ricer and accept you're a slow homosexual that chooses to be a slow homosexual out of moronation anime and homosexualry.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Who cares you drive like shit lol last time you had it out with me you admitted you never your car hard and cope by benchracing because youre intimidated by the track.

you never had me, you never had your car

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A Camaro is 74.7 inches wide. It’s not a sports car, it’s a lowered truck.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

still handles better.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You’ll never see it since the truck doesn’t fit on the road.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

fits on american roads where OP lives, so he will see it handle better.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, it doesn’t.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Is this the clownshoe schizo? Yeah your car is slow and gay. It having a small wheelbase that lacks control at higher speeds doesn't make it a sportscar. Sorry gayboy.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A 747 is very stable at 550MPH.
            Interesting that nobody calls it thrilling.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

a z4 from 20 years ago is ugly slow and gay, funny how nobody posts about it or remembers it besides your homosexual ass trying to turn it into a meme.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/L3tXq4Z.jpg

>”Your top speed is only 185? Don’t you know you can get there faster by booking JetBlue?”

>>>/n/

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they're somehow being driven on american roads, so it seems like it does.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They’re being guided between the lines, not driven.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

GR86s aren't being driven because their engines blow up.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>that van is 79.25" wide not including the mirrors
            >but somehow a camaro won't fit on that road
            Talk about a self own.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Notice every Camaro and Corvette is driven like a van. There’s a reason for that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The only thing that's been noticed is that you're a coping homosexual in a shitbox slinging shit at betters cars than yours.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Awww… is someone mad I don’t mindlessly reinforce the oh-so-complex paradigm of “faster track time = better car” that you’ve latched on to and believe makes you soooo smaert for applying, but am instead asking you to integrate that dynamics at the scale in question have a bearing? Something which you can’t apply since you have no experience with any good cars?
            You’ve never even taken a kart around a track, have you?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Awww… is someone mad I don’t mindlessly reinforce the oh-so-complex paradigm of “faster track time = better car” that you’ve latched on to and believe makes you soooo smaert for applying, but am instead asking you to integrate that dynamics at the scale in question have a bearing? Something which you can’t apply since you have no experience with any good cars? You’ve never even taken a kart around a track, have you?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what third world do you live in?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

US roads are designed with drunk truckers in mind.
            One time when I was up in the mountains I watched an old man in a Ram 3500 DRW with a 20+ft long trailer take the corners 20 over the speed limit while staying in the lines.
            Duallies can be nearly 100" wide.
            I have both a truck and a Camaro and haven't had a problem driving either in the city or "spiritedly" on tight roads.
            It's amazing what some suspension changes can do for an old truck, I've kept up with Miatas and BRZs around corners.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

There are plenty of cars that handle just as well or better than the GR86 and Miata
        Most of these cars also don't get regularly beaten by the average soccer mom's SUV
        They even cost less than the GR86 and Miata on average

Miatagays and Takumi fangirls are a blight on the driver's car community

350z/370z handles better and is a much better platform

correct and based

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's a lot easier to cover up shit driving by mashing the gas and while the wheelspin/thrust makes you think you're fast as frick boy. The whole point of OP wanting a slow car that handles well is to learn how to take a line and dive into a corner.

GR86/Miata literally have the same power to weight as the *other* mid-range sports cars in the class. Think E36 M3, S2000, WRX, RX8, etc all of which have stupid cheap tire fitments (255/40/17). And all those cars have no problem breaking the rear tires loose if you're a hamfisted moron. Miatagays are the only ones actually racing on DA as far as I'm concerned.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you want to learn how to take a corner then you should get a go kart instead of a shitty poser car.
            Did you know that the almost every modern F1 driver started out with go karting, then transitioned directly to (junior) professional racing?
            The vast majority have never even touched your beloved """sports""" car and have little to no desire to actually track one because they're shit cars if you're not ugly, slow, and gay

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If I want to get better at driving street cars, I will buy a fricking street car. Do you understand moron? Is that too much for you to comprehend?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

post lap times lmao

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

tree fiddy

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>literally have the same power to weight as the *other* mid-range sports cars in the class
            If this were true, it wouldn't be slower than a minivan on onramps

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Maybe the problem has to do with minivans having 300hp, because a minivan will drive nothing like a 86/Miata.

Im convinced no one here actually drives cars

post lap times lmao

You won't post shit either lol you think going to a little rinky dink kart track with your 20mph restricted electric karts is the same as a actual real homie kart that does 80mph.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post a picture of an F1 driver in a Miata and I'll respect your opinion
            Until then I'll just assume you're a seething manlet with buyer's remorse

https://www.vroomkart.com/news/35873/sebastian-vettel-karting-costs-too-much
            Here's one of many articles from professional racers saying that 100cc go karts or sufficiently powerful electric karts are superior to hooning "sporty" miatas and other, similar shitty cars from both an enjoyment and skill perspective

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Your benchracing idol started racing 100hp cars that make a Miata look like a Corvette, and Christian Von Koenigsegg owns the same Miata since he was 19. Lando Norris has been seen in a Miata too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

After looking at this literal who's Wikipedia page, I found that he only raced Miatas, got 101st place when he tried racing an actual sports car and was then too embarrassed to compete against actual sports car drivers ever again
            I won't deny that he'd beat me around the track in a Miata but he's much closer to a videogame journalist than a professional racer

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based Baldie Koenisegg has a Miata? Miata confirmed for b***hES AND SEX EVERY DAY status.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why exactly do you need a special low power car to learn how to turn? Why not learn to take turns in literally any other car?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's cope dude, that's why these dumbasses are the punching bags of DA and have to hide

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Because things coming at you at twice the speed force you to react and not plan ahead, only morons like

It's cope dude, that's why these dumbasses are the punching bags of DA and have to hide

can't realize simple things like physics. They never developed the skill set needed to control a fast car

Pretty much my thoughts. Not every car will be a dragster but having my sporty car get obliterated at a light by a minivan is just not right

Crossovers and normie cars are fast as hell which is why everybody shouldn't be surprised when Mustangs and Corvettes end up going into curbs after the owner takes the traction control off. Quite frankly I don't know why everybody here loves to race minivans at stoplights, they'd be better off with a Turbo LS swapped 80s car or a used Tesla.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I got a hairdresser car because I can't trail brake or feather the throttle and now have to lie about my lack of skill online
            You're not convincing anyone else otherwise, especially after admitting that you think the average econobox is "fast as hell"

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Again just buy a used Tesla if you want to be king of da streetz. I sleep well at night knowing you specifically can't drive for shit and would fly off the road a few turns into trying to keep pace with someone better. All CamaroBlack folk can do is talk and benchrace, not actually drive their shitboxes

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

hard to learn the ropes of performance driving with an engine that kills itself if you drive it

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Incel car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You could have just said nothing and it would have meant just as much.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Fricking lol at throwing $30k away for a vehicle that is handicapped in every aspect for the sake of appealing to manchild weeb fantasies. Just buy a motorcycle you utter pussy, lmao.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's not ugly but it is very slow and gay
    the seats, legroom, and headroom are also unacceptably small unless you're 5'8 or shorter

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Ywevfw2.jpg

Why do you morons only care about straight line speed.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

but the camaro shits on the GR86 around corners?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Are you actually fricking high?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A single track that is predominantly straightaways
            Please consider an IQ test

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the GR86 has a higher power to weight ratio and still cannot win on a track that favors it
            must be shit handling lmao.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Low IQ bait. You couldn’t afford either car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, the GR86 is bait for low IQ people who don't know about better handling cars like the Camaro.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>car with 40 more hp is faster
            Weird world

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>too moronic to notice the GR86 has a higher power to weight ratio
            weird world indeed.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

6 seconds difference is nothing, can be attributed to the driver errors

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cope. 6 seconds is huge. Go take your 86 out there and do better.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> Incel car has a better power:weight ratio
            > Incel car has a 9" shorter wheelbase
            > It's STILL slower around the track
            MFW

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It does though

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

there are morons who only care about 0 to 60
        there are also morons who think it's acceptable for a "sports car" to get gapped by an altima

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What production Altima is doing 0-60 in 5.3 seconds?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>5.3 second 0 to 60
            you wish lmaoooooooooo
            this is from toyota themselves btw

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>He doesn’t know those are very rarely accurate
            How can you even consider yourself a car enthusiast?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>He doesn’t know those are very rarely accurate
            Yeah, they aren't. They abuse the car to get that time, what (You)'ll get in a car you paid for will be even slower

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Okay? Same thing applies to literally every other car you put it up against. What is your point lol.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're right they're always slower than the spec sheet so it's 7-8s to 60.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ok, here's an irl 0 to 60 test

now your car has a 0-60 of 6.38 seconds, that's just embarassing tee bee aych tbh

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

?si=wuKgHa6tRm4b3pE8
            Here’s a guy casually pulling a 5.15

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I see more people in the 6s not the 5s and plus he was going on a decline. Fake and gay.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>perfectly flat road
            The reaching is unbearable

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek. It was a decline no way that shitbox would get anywhere close to 5.15 without some flex fuel turbo mods

https://i.imgur.com/CYMjDWr.png

lmao you're not even trying
            here's a video of the same guy and same car, but actually verified by Dragy

now it has a 0-60 time of 7.14 seconds
            maybe you should commit kys instead of buying this car lol

Is the real time the shitbox gets 17s 1/4 HAHAHAHA

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes lmao
            the guy never got better than a 6.5 second 0 to 60
            what a fricking joke of a car

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Mods and still in the 6s

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How do you make a sports car slower than a truck that can tow 40k lbs? The engineering to do that is pretty impressive. I think they should have their car manufacturing privilege's revoked for doing that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek edited vid and cuts out the first like .15 seconds and oh so convienently cuts out the 59-61 jump "it was the refresh rate lol"
            Best guess, giving this guy ALL the benefit I shouldn't, was a 6.4s

https://i.imgur.com/CYMjDWr.png

>"full bolt on"
            >best time 6.55s
            So fricking loud for no gain kek, I keep telling people intake/exhaust parts are useless but noooppppe gotta get FULL BOLT ONS.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/IxAKbDd.png

>5.3 second 0 to 60
            you wish lmaoooooooooo
            this is from toyota themselves btw

holy shit how is it so FRICKING SLOW

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

OH NONONONONONONONONONONO....
            weeb sisters......

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

based big daddy merc cucking eight-shitters since '95

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Pretty much my thoughts. Not every car will be a dragster but having my sporty car get obliterated at a light by a minivan is just not right

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Have fun getting gapped by a buick fricken envista
        You said this isn't a car you want to keep for a long time, so what's the point. What is there to "learn" exactly?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sorry to burst your bubble, it’s not that slow. I will be tracking the vehicle, (obviously), I know a poor gay like you wouldn’t consider that.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

because thats all they can drive on. most car enthusiasts only know how to put it in third (if they even have a manual) and put their foot on the floor.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It is ugly though.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>electric parking brake
      miss me with that gay shit homosexual

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's a slightly better miata that's in the same price range as a miata
    if you're a diehard miatagay then go for it
    otherwise it's a shit car

6. 4 weeks ago
    The poster formerly known as A freakin Audi

I owned a first-gen BRZ. Fantastic vehicle. Enough power to have fun, while also getting great MPG. Everything about the car is pretty "entry level sports car".

Cheap to buy, cheap to own, cheap to insure, cheap to modify. Ofcourse "Cheap" is a relative term.

The only suggestion I have to offer is that if you do intend on modifying it, do so with a plan. Have a general idea of your goal, make an actual list of items that will assist you in the plan, and follow that plan based on your priorities of what the car will ACTUALLY do on a regular basis.

I modified my BRZ with the SCCA STX class in mind. Its basically the "bolt on" class. Really fun, but I had a plan on what mods I would actually do, and it saved me from buying stupid shit that only distracted me from the goal.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cheap to insure

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cheap to insure
      um no. for a 30k car it's absurdly expensive to insure

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>first-gen BRZ
      Kek

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cheap to insure
      If you are a weeb boomer, yeah

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Virginia is for lovers
      homie you fruity

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lmao that's got to be the gayest plate slogan I've ever seen

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

4pot incel car. Fricking slow. Way better options out there especially if you buy used

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's a slightly better miata that's in the same price range as a miata
      if you're a diehard miatagay then go for it
      otherwise it's a shit car

>UHH ITS JUST SLOW OKAY
      Still have yet to see a genuine argument

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's cool but there's a few drawbacks. Apparently it isn't particularly efficient for a 4 cylinder anymore. If you insist on new it's probably the most fun you can buy, not necessarily fastest. Otherwise look at used Mustang GTs.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It’s like a 24 average which is okay for a sports car. I live in a hilly area with a lot of twisty roads and need a dailyable sports car. A muscle car wouldn’t do me any good.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

good thing the mustang and camaro aren't muscle cars.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the "muscle car" meme hasn't been true for american cars for a good while now. basically every american sports car can go head-to-head (and often win) against their european and japanese competitors in the same price range on the track
        the only exception to this is the top trim challenger, but actual driving enthusiasts don't get challengers

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well apparently the 4-cylinder Mustang has better mileage than this thing and the 8-cylinder Mustang is still cheaper to run because it doesn't require premium gas.
        Needless to say the 4cyl Stang is faster with it's 80 more horsepower.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

how can it cost you more in fuel if it gets better economy than the 5.0 mustang?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>because it doesn't require premium gas
            Did you even read?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

still the best car of those 4

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

for reference my 4 cyl Camaro does 30 mpg

https://i.imgur.com/4rxWWZ9.jpg

I think OP should fricking get it.
          Why the actual hecking frick are you guys so against him. He wants and entry level enthusiast car and that's what it is!
          GR86 is like the Preludes of yesteryear. They're light and sporty looking with possible upgrades.

Get it! Hell ya!

kino pic, house kinda looks like the one from koth harvest TF2 map

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> Only manual on the list
          The auto version has longer gearing and gets 21/31, 25 combined
          You are right in that the 4pot Mustang is simply unparalleled

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well I figured that the average GR86 buyer won't get an auto, definitely not OP since he wants to track the thing and learn driving in general.
            Didn't know that the auto Stang is more economical, somehow escaped me that autos are really effiicient now.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

To add to my point: in your screenshot I can see that the manual 8cyl Stang is still a tiny bit cheaper to fuel up due to it not needing premium gas. And AFAIK the only S650 that would be slower than a GR86 on a track is the 2015 Ecoboost.

I want to add that I'm not shitting on the GR86 - it's very brave of Toyota to produce a light driver's car in the current day, but these comparisons do leave me impressed by what America can offer. The fact that you can get a 400+hp V8 coupe for ~40k new and a 2020 model for 30 is pretty great.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Go drive one instead of taking your opinion from morons on DA who go into a schizo rage when you say you want to buy anything other than a vehicle from General Motors

It's a good car as long as you treat it like a Miata with backseats.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>waaah don't remind me better cars exist!
      why even come to this board and ask if you were just going to shit yourself when people tried to do exactly what you asked them to do.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Go drive one instead of taking your opinion from morons on DA who go into a schizo rag
        He literally made the thread called "Talk me out of..."
        Normally no one really cares what car you buy

You Blacks literally go batshit whenever someone posts the 86 it's insufferable. It's the same exact posters every time going into a rage when you want to buy a car that isn't either a 20 year old Corvette or a Camaro.

Sorry to burst your bubble, it’s not that slow. I will be tracking the vehicle, (obviously), I know a poor gay like you wouldn’t consider that.

You'll enjoy it then, just keep up with the 900BRZ oiling threads, and bear in mind what's on the Internet is often way overblown. It's a fun car and I haven't heard too many complaints about it, the only real cars in its class to consider are the Miata if you don't need a daily and the GRC if you have $10k to spare and want 4WD. ND2 Miatas are really cheap used.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

If you don't get a corvette or a camaro but get some 4pot you're moronic and I will always make fun of you until you die of old age

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>convince me not to buy this car
          >*shows you something better*
          >WHY ARE THEY RAGING LOOK AT THEM RAGE!!! OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD MENTION SUPERIOR CARS AFTER I ASKED THEM TO!1!!!
          can you just admit you're a cuck who already made up his mind and go buy your shitty "sports car" that'll blow its engine on track and have its warranty denied anyway and stop wasting everyone's time.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What makes it a better car? No one has given me a proper argument other than “lol gay and slow”.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ecoboost Mustang or 4cyl Camaro are both objectively better choices as someone who has driven all of them. 86 is too slow. You will wish you had more power after a week and be stuck with a shitty platform.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>hat isn't either a 20 year old Corvette or a Camaro.
          almost as if these cars are objectively superior or something ...

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Go drive one instead of taking your opinion from morons on DA who go into a schizo rag
      He literally made the thread called "Talk me out of..."
      Normally no one really cares what car you buy

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wait a couple years and buy it used and depreciated to reasonable prices. brand new prices are cancer

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mustang Egoboost

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. Idk why anyone would want an 86 or the base model Supra when Ecoboost Mustangs are so cheap used.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Cause the ecoboost mustang is gay?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Do you have any actual criticisms?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

not him but its fricking gay. a mini turbo on a 4cyl. sure you can get upgraded bolt-on turbo kits and all that, but man.
            v8 variants exist still. there is no replacement for displacement

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nice! moar?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not to be an butthole but if you see the damage and the tear down video it's clear the moron money shifted the thing and Toyota STILL paid for it.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Modern ECUs capture over rev data, that would have been known before teardown.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

they only paid because of the huge social media outcry. they were still well within their rights for him solely being at a HPD event to deny coverage. squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know, it was the owner's fault and Toyota still paid for it. But to be fair they did ask for all the parts back, so more than likely they'll have a whole internal investigation. It's a "we know the owner fricked this up but we want to dig through it anyways to see what broke and what didn't" situation, I'm sure.

where's the teardown video?

Look through his channel, he has a couple of videos on it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

not a single video on this channel has the gr86 teardown. the video you posted and every toyota video on that channel is for a gr COROLLA. find the video and post that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I am literally talking to the anon that posted an image about a GR Corolla engine failure you moron not a GR86.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

where's the teardown video?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>make track car
      >deny warranty for track driving and racing
      Japanese cars are falling off the cliff

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

cars are falling off the cliff
        old news. It happened since GT-R in early 2000s.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The interior is absolute dogshit, worse than in 20 year old shitboxes. I have no idea how they made it that bad and ugly. If you only care about the outside - go ahead.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>69.9 inches wide
    So close to being a sports car.
    You can probably still have some fun with it. It will “mostly” fit on the road.

Just don’t get anything wider.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

guys i think car and driver got paid by toyota to lie about the gr86

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They are a great platform to mod. If you spend just 10k to supercharge one, you can run in the low 13s. That's insanely fast

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Or I could just get a SS for 10k more and run low 12s you stupid fricking ricer

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

5.01 to 60 is supercar territory you absolute benchracer

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Super car from the 70s or 80s kek. Supercar of this generation is in the 3s range on average you moronic 4pot riceoid.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

what crack are you smoking lmao
          i got my z (with performance mods already installed) for less than $20k and it has a sub 5s 0 to 60
          realistically, for your car to be considered a sports car it must have a 0 to 60 time of 5.1 seconds or lower
          for your car to be considered a "sporty" car it must have a 0 to 60 time of 6 seconds or lower
          If your car can't get a sub-6 quarter mile time then you may as well have gotten a go-kart or econobox

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

370z is 73 inches wide. It’s not a sports car, just a muscle car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A Camaro is 74.7 inches wide. It’s not a sports car, it’s a lowered truck.

a corvette is even wider and it's obviously a sports car
            what about exotics? is a lamborghini huracan a "lowered truck"?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Track cars != sports cars

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't consider my z06 a track car I just drive it to work. You've never been to a track quit larping

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you drive a track car to work, it doesn’t stop being a track car.
            If I drove an F1 car to the grocery store is it not a race car anymore?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A brz86 is not running close to 5.05. Stop smoking crack. You have to run flex fuel with a Turbo to even have a chance but it's still unlikely.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nta but the one in his screenshot was supercharged, he also said so

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If I was spending 40k+ to straightline I'd sooner buy an EV

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

a base stock 370z can easily get a low 13s quarter mile and you can get pretty good examples of those for $14-16k
      either find me a nice gr86 for $5k or admit that your post was moronic

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Oil gulping and pigfat. They run 14s on a good day

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

objectively false
          http://www.the370z.com/track-autocross-drifting-dragstrip/36566-official-1-4-mile-track-times.html
          these are all drag strip verified times

note this guy:
          >4) b1adesofcha0s ---- 09 Tour ----- 7AT 12.986 @ 107.46 mph 1.967 60ft - Yokohama Advan S4 245/45/18
          >under 13 seconds with stock tires, no mods, and extra weight from touring model
          imagine buying a gr86 when this thing exists lol

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If I had to choose I'd choose the 6pot instead of the 4pot so of course it wins

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There are better and more economic cars. It is fine if you are old. However as a young guy you should get something that is fast and more utilitarian.

They are ok, but thats just it. Ok, they break easy, youre not that fast in it. Its motor is lackluster. Unless you live on all windy roads, youll be upset at the motor for not having enough power. While I do love the RWD, get a hot hatch with some power. That will be a bigger joy to drive due to the power and ability to have cargo when needed.

Regardless, its your money and IDK your specific situation. However unless your some shutin with money and no social life. Sure, go for it, your by yourself all the time anyway. However if you do any bit of socializing and longer driving. Youll be a bit upset in the long run at the flaws you set yourself up with.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

350z/370z handles better and is a much better platform

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

do they? every time people mention them they get called fat

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Debatable considering the Z is 800 pounds heavier.

A stock 350 has a comparable 0-60 to the GR86, and the clapped out trumpet blasters you still see driving have been so abused that they'll lose off the line to a newer 86.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

There is no world that a gr86 beats even the most abused oil burning DE off the line

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>trumpet blasters
        not sure what's a worse sound, a v6 or a flat 4

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

the flat 4 is quieter so it hurts less

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nah the 370z is 700lbs heavier in the heaviest config vs the lightest 86. However it makes 100 more hp in all configurations regardless and is definitely destroying it to 60 and in the 1/4 mile. With any meaningful mods at all you can be in the 12s. A z is literally a modern muscle car optimized for a v6. Its weighs a little less and does a better 1/4 mile than a v6 camaro

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm almost sure the refresh is getting announced this year. You will regret buying this one out of impatience. Even if the refresh ends up sucking, at least you'd be absolutely sure about buying a zenki.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Turbo rumors have been around since the 1st gen + that’s weird timing considering these cars still fly out of dealerships. If anything they will probably just introduce a hybrid drivetrain which I’m not interested in.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I doubt they will do a complete swerve like that and not give you an ICE within the same generation. Should be a trim option at best.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy something used with some wear and tear on it you won't be afraid of doing dumb shit in and get that bug out of your system.

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Talk m-ACKKKK

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That pic goes hard. I want to replicate.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ugly slow gay

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

have they made any revisions/updates to address the alleged oil starvation issues? I'm between a brz or going cheap with an NC miata

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you're between a cuck and a homosexual WOW

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You also have to bear in mind you have to be at least expert/advance run group with lots of right hand sweepers and sticky tire fitment (255 RE71Rs, Advan AD09/A052s, or similar) to really see these issues. The Internet loves to blow shit out of proportion just like NDs eating gearboxes while simultaneously downplaying other cars issues.

Do whatever's cheapest and fits your needs is my real opinion. If it was my money it'd be a $15-20k ND1 or 17+ 86/BRZ with the Brembos and 4.3 gears

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These threads are making me realize 86 gays are delusional mentally ill morons. Camaro is still ugly as all hell and anyone who drives one or even likes one is a massive homosexual as well.

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>”Your top speed is only 185? Don’t you know you can get there faster by booking JetBlue?”

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>”A go kart? You can’t be serious. Don’t you know the Corvette is 3 whole minutes faster around Talladega?”

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>”The QE2’s fastest Atlantic crossing was 92 hours. The fastest on a SkiDoo was 320 hours. This proves that for fun on your local lake you should buy an ocean liner.”

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy it and don't molest it. Or at least don't do any mods that aren't easily reversible.
    Log your maintenance and protect it against rust.
    The GR86 is a dying breed and in 10-20 years it's going to be worth a lot.

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it costs $60k after all the dealership bullshit markups

30. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

imagine being this asshurt about a camaro handling better when several people who have driven both, including anons on this board, have said the camaro handles better. why is it so hard to accept that Initial D just doesn't reflect reality.

some cars are just better engineered than others.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Takumi himself frequently complained about his car throughout the series, and it blew up on him constantly. Any actual Initial D fan that watches more than just the shitty Tiktok edits would wholeheartedly agree that it's a shit car that only gets respect because you can cosplay as an anime character

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>blew up on him constantly
        it blew up on him once

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Or it's dumbasses who like mf ghost and think they'll beat lambos ferraris gtrs and gt3s in their 86

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>imagine being this asshurt about a camaro handling better

t.

GM shills do it to themselves, death to all GM shills

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mashallah habibi

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Shukran habibi

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ramadan mubarak

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Shukran habibi, have some gorgeous feet!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You know I love feet habibi but this is simply haram

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/QR3g2Wz.jpg

Shukran habibi

https://i.imgur.com/0uBKgg0.jpg

Ramadan mubarak

These may genuinely be the worst kinds of people to interact with irl.

31. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I dunno the prices in burger land but here in england m235i's are depreciating fast. Can get one for around £10k now. Similar price to a first gen gt86. Dunno why the 86 would be worth it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

$10-14k USD is early (13-16) 86/BRZ, clean NC2/NC3 or 135i money.

$14-20k is 17-20 BRZ/86 or ND1 Miata or M235i money

The M235i is a better street car but the slower cars are cheaper to run at the racetrack and more reliable long-term from being non turbo and Japanese. More fun too because the performance is approachable in street driving and the car is more willing to oversteer (actual LSD, better steering feel, like 600lbs+ lighter).

Personally I don't like any BMWs between the E92 328i/M3 and B58 era. Too many horror stories with N54/N55s cars I don't want to add to. Other than a M2 I really dislike most cars from that BMW generation

32. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I recently bought a Neptune blue 2024 MY in the premium trim and it’s awesome. If you’re coming from an econobox like me the experience is amazing.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Came back to reply to the thread again, I own a GR86 and can answer any questions you guys have.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous
        • 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I’m not gay, and even if I was what the frick what you do about it homosexual? Got any actual questions though? I’ll be checking the thread occasionally

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've been dailying one since last August. How difficult is it to shift 3-2 (Assuming you got a manual)? I think I need to adjust the gates, since second seems really finicky getting into.

Other than that, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

33. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For a supposed "sports car", the Toyobaru isn't really that good in the corners:
    >skinny eco tires
    >no front camber
    >soft-ish suspension and sway bars that quickly get overwhelmed if you fix the above two
    That's why despite what weebs who watch too much initial d think, this car isn't that good on a twisty road or track. Stop getting so butthurt at people recommending you Camaros or BMWs, they are objectively better handling cars even ignoring the power advantage.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tires/wheels
      >$20 camber bolts
      >Coilovers and Swaybars

you should go to /dbt/ and start shilling R6s and GSXR-1000s as first bikes

34. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GR Yaris is better.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

also costs twice as much and is not comparable at all, you're either in the market for an awd hatchback or a rwd coupe, rarely someone is looking for both

35. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Open thread
    >Ctrl F
    >"Incel"
    This board does not disappoint

36. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get a 1st gen frs/brz and k swap it. Much better value for money. Better yet just get an s2000 that holds its value better. Or a z. Anything else that doesn't run a 14 second quarter mile

37. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it is a weebcel car - slow and stupid

38. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

incel car

39. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  40. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>4cyl
    >slow and gay
    >ugly
    >incel car
    It never began

41. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they're not that comfortable

42. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buying one makes you part of the furry club.

43. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a GR Yaris is alot better for not that much more.

otherwise no its a great car you should buy it anon.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you have never driven either car

44. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the interior is kind of cramped.
    Why not try the BRZ instead?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BRZ is also a good choice.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/cVABO8m.jpg

This.

I dunno it's the Camaro for me

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That head is atrocious

45. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A miata is a better car in every way. An rx-8 is faster, more practical, and more reliable (no engine detonation on turns).
    Any sort of BMW 2 series will outhandle it and be way faster. It’ll also look good at work or when out on dates. And if you’re looking at a new gt86, a BMW or porsche cayman are also in your pricerange.
    You could also get an older 911, network with richgays at track days, and succeed in life instead of being a poorgay forever.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>older 911
      At 86 prices all he can get is a 996S with its turd of an engine. Even if IMS is done, he'd still have to worry about bore scoring and the rest of the bullshit. Plus the Porsche community just hates it. He'd be better off with a 987.2 Cayman S, but I think those are $50k now if you want a manual

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Interesting you mentioned the Cayman, because I just read this article

>Yet none of these flaws meaningfully take away from what was, for only $31,500, the purest handling car in this entire group. "You get what you pay for here-and you're paying for the chassis," said Houghton, who named it her top choice. By my reckoning, you'd have to pay $70,000, the price of a Porsche 718 Cayman, to get a significantly better chassis.

Benchracers HATE the BRZ because it's exclusively about feels

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>her
          stopped reading here

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>buy flooded salvage frs / brz /86
          >ls swap it
          Convince me not to do this

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

99 percent of people will think you just have a shitty 86
            if you like the chassis and don't care about public opinion then go for it dude

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

there's a shop that sells frs LS swaps, and they have videos that go pretty in depth on the process
            it was extremely involved and looked like a massive and expensive pain in the ass

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't have to not to do something you were never going to do to begin with

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

there's a shop that sells frs LS swaps, and they have videos that go pretty in depth on the process
            it was extremely involved and looked like a massive and expensive pain in the ass

Easier swap is K24 into FRS/BRZ.

The stock engine sucks but it's the 2010s-20s 240SX (also another car with a great chassis and suspension but awful engine that was slow as frick despite looking like it would be fast)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The fyoocher is ELECDICK swaps for GayR86's.

Weight in the back, absolute zero torKKK dip, burnouts and drifts ezpz, doesn't need much range cuz hooncar

Juss makes sense

46. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a slow car
    Even for europe it's low hp

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nuh uh, it's fast around corners

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's only "fast" around corners because you can't build up enough speed in the straights to necessitate braking in the first place

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That doesn't make sense, it's the same power to weight as a S2000 not a 1.6 Miata

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Even for europe it's low hp
      >most commonly sold car in the eu is a 75hp peugeot
      I don't think you understand how truly pathetic euromutts are, why do you think there's so many >why do american threads all the time. Insane jealousy.

47. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ahem

48. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've owned an FR-S for the past 9 years, daily driven up until 6 months ago. My favorite vehicle I have ever owned, it shreds the mountains.

49. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's the closest modern equivalent to a 240sx. That's what I want.

50. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

there are better cars for the money, go do your own research.
    otherwise just buy it, stop being a fricking b***h npc, buy what you want.

51. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

incel car

52. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

CTRL+F : Slow

26 results.

The car tries extremely hard to look fast, but it's anything but. If handling and shifting is your cope, buy a miata.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ctrl f ugly
      >ugly, slow, gay crew wrecking the weeblets
      Based.

53. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You fricking moron. If you want a shiny car just get a camry or a prius even, the new one is unironically faster.
    If you want 300hp and a car that handles well just get a used 135i and save up for a supra, you'll get some of your money back when you trade it in. Put that extra 20k in the S&P 500 or a high interest savings account you can withdraw repairs from.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You know DA is dead when there’s nothing left but spec sheet busriders

54. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you can still get a camaro. why would you want that?

55. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Talk me out of buying a GR86
    RWD is unstable but normies aren't willing to admit it.

56. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy one OP. If you can get one for a good price like I did then it's worth. I can answer any questions you got

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *