Talk me out of buying an F30 335i. >reliable (but leaky) 3.0L turbo inline-6

Talk me out of buying an F30 335i.
>reliable (but leaky) 3.0L turbo inline-6
>quick ZF8 auto or 6 speed manual (thanks bmw)
>RWD or AWD, your choice
>can be had for $10K or less
What’s the catch?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the fact they they don't make cars like this any more makes me angry.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah they do. The M340i is the exact same thing just faster and more refined. Oh and no 6-speed option.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Oh and no 6-speed option.
        oh so they don't.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Buy an M3 then

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

too ugly.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Buy a different bumper then

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You can't just put a pre pignose bumper on a pignose BMW. The whole front end is different.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>m340is are 40k+
        reeeee

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Ur homosexual if you want buy new

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

absolute mongoloid.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Worth spending a bit more to get a nice one with excellent service history

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

as soon as you go over 5k RPM the resale value drops to $0.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Pussy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You can bring that engine up to 5000 rpm all you want and it won’t blow up. It’s not a Subaru.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm not seeing too many problems. Charge pipe will crack eventually.
    If I didn't have shell shock from a prior bmw this would be a cool car. The styling has grown on me.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>rear mcdonalds suspension collapsed
    >cheap aftermarket wheels + ebay lip so you know a Black person owned it
    >bmw so basically no oil changes its entire life
    id stay away

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Definitely get one, then you can talk about nothing aside from how it's actually as good as an M3 and you actually wanted it over the M3 while disinterested people nod at you

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>can be had for $10K or less

If you're willing to buy a clunker with half a million miles on it, sure.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Browse your local marketplace. You’d be surprised what you can find.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Handles like shit, especially with xDrive. As in genuinely awful chassis

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The Repairs aren’t bad tbh. It’s better than the N54. Drives really good.
      Don’t get the X drive, get some Michelin cross climate 2s or a set of winters on Facebook and get the M sport 335.

I would get a sway bar upgrade and not tune it but that’s me.

Just reminding you that it does indeed drive like shit with X drive.

May as well rebrand X-drive to girl version

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Chassis is great. I had a 328i (rwd 6-speed) and it was the best handling 4 door I've ever driven. The reliability wasn't great in my experience, the electronics are finicky, the steering doesn't tell you much, it's a bit small and a bit heavy but with a set of sport cup 2s that thing stayed planted and calm through corners at speeds I shouldn't have even tried. Switch off the TC in some weather and have the tail out as playfully as you like (presumably you could substitute the weather for a better motor and some tiresmoke.) Very few cars can do both.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Chassis is great. I had a 328i (rwd 6-speed) and it was the best handling 4 door I've ever driven
        Then you're an idiot, the F30 is a floppy piece of shit. I had a 330d for a year and I'd genuinely struggle to drive it down a twisty road faster than I could a car with half the power.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

> the F30 is a floppy piece of shit
          How? The chassis is 50% stiffer than the E90 and like 200% stiffer than the 90s shitboxes this place circlejerks about.
          The steering rack doesn’t tell you a lot but it’s fast and precise.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Diesel
          I don't know the actual numbers but guess that adds about as much weight out front as xdrive, which is to say plenty enough to ruin the car
          >Diesels we're only sold with flappy paddles
          Car with automatic transmission isn't fun, news at eleven

> the F30 is a floppy piece of shit
          How? The chassis is 50% stiffer than the E90 and like 200% stiffer than the 90s shitboxes this place circlejerks about.
          The steering rack doesn’t tell you a lot but it’s fast and precise.

This guy gets it. The steering gets a lot of hate because the prior gen was so damn good, but there is a lot to love about the car. Even that much maligned steering is pretty good in many ways, it just won't tell you about itself.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The ZF8 in nu turbo bimmers just hits different vs any other brand. They feel quite good, plus it’s supposed to be a luxury car so it suits the character. The manuals are so half assed in the newer cars

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The Repairs aren’t bad tbh. It’s better than the N54. Drives really good.
    Don’t get the X drive, get some Michelin cross climate 2s or a set of winters on Facebook and get the M sport 335.

I would get a sway bar upgrade and not tune it but that’s me.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

[...]
      Just reminding you that it does indeed drive like shit with X drive.

May as well rebrand X-drive to girl version

Yeah the xDrives are a no go. It ruins the balance, experience and it robs power.
      And for what? Completely unnecessary unless you live up a steep snowy hill.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

We have a saying at my place of work. Nothing is more expensive than a cheap BMW.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

does everyone clap when someone says it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

wtf no, we're not homosexuals

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

that's not what i heard

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is your place of work Reddit?

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Do it. They're good looking and fast. They're generally good cars. Don't expect it to be cheap to own for 10 years because it will nickel and dime you but DA is generally too poor to buy something like this and mad at it as a result. They aren't as bad as the memes say unless you buy one that is clapped out and abused. They will have many more problems long term than something like an E36 but they're also faster in every respect and very easy to tune so that's the price you pay.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

n55 spins bearings (moreso than n54, but less than any s motor)
    if its less than 10k itll have been owned by a moron and have a lot of deferred maintenance.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

E90 > F30 in terms of driving feel and dynamics.
    Also you'd need one that's a salvage title to buy it for less than $10k.
    N55 is not reliable and spins rod bearings.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get the F30 340i instead

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A 10k 335i will be a shitbox

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

fwiw i have a 135i with the n55 with 156k miles. runs pretty good, but i def had to do every meme repair. (valve cover, charge pipe, OFHG, etc)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I drove a 135 with the n54 for like a month and man that was a fun car. The "common" issues kind of scared me though. I think the wastegate was already rattling / failing which involves replacing both turbos already? frick idk. My dad pretty much offered it to me for free but I had a lot less money than I do now and did not want to deal with bmw. Was fun tho.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yea it was actually pure misery getting to where i have it now. nothing else drives like the 135i, its the most underrated nu bmw

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What's the catch
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

If you can maintain German car repairs bills/payments then you can afford lease payments.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

> If you can maintain German car repairs bills/payments then you can afford lease payments.
      Yeah bro show me where I can get an M340i lease for the $200/month max that you’ll have to put away to maintain an F30.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

they arent reliable. my cousin had one when they were pretty new. he couldnt afford to maintain it when he worked in HVAC which pays pretty ok in arizona. so you definitley couldnt afford one at mcdonalds anon.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

> my cousin had one when they were pretty new. he couldnt afford to maintain
      He couldn’t afford to drive to the dealership for warranty repairs? Or he couldn’t afford a water pump?
      Your cousin had to be pretty moronic with cars if he was struggling to maintain a new F series Bmw.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

on a similar note, talk me out of buying this
    >4.2l v8, 415BHP
    >Euro 4 so low emission zone compliant
    >6 speed manual, 4WD
    >cheap

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Everyone I know whos bought an audi has been hit with MASSIVE engine repair bills at some point

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How DIYable are these?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I’d say same or easier to DIY than the turbo E90s (same engine but bigger engine bay), but much less than non-turbo E90s.

The 2016+ models are much less diyable. B series engines have two coolant reservoirs, two water pumps, the intake manifold seems like a pita to take off, and there’s a lot more going on.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *