task: build a 2.0L 4cyl car engine

requirements:
>reliable
>turbocharged (optional)

why the FRICK can nobody do this except honda and toyota? how hard can it be?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They don't want you having a reliable car. They want you to buy another when the warranty expires.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

emissions outpaced engineering ability. hond'er and tory-ota had been making 2.0 shitters forever by the time emissions laws rolled around. once EPA and EURO-whatever gaped the industry's butthole everyone and their mother scrambled to make teeny 4 bangers but none of them were worth a shit because they just wanted to stop getting fined for emissions.

nissan and their asiatic cousins were never reliable so preemptively shut the frick up

also

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>sr20 isn't reliable
        certified moron

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>oh no my $400 water pump
      >oh no my $1200 turbo
      >better spend $40k so those don’t go bad!

People are what they are. They really want shiny paint and a trendy design. Car wash and wax too much trouble. Better buy a new car.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most of "reliable" 4cyl engines no longer pass Euro 6 standards. Honda and Toyota don't have to worry about this because their sales in Europe are negligible. Also in Japan, USA and Third World countries, gasoline is much cheaper than in the European Union therefore, european engineers need to make direct injection engines with lightweight internals operating temperature of 115 degrees celsius or so, which conflicts with reliability

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Euro 6 standards
      Just STFU.
      When Brussels cleans up JUST ONE fricking River or Sea within the EU, then it would not only be a miracle, but they will have earned the right to expand to "muh emissions" regulation.

Nah, they're too busy starting and perpetuating Wars and forcing destabilizing "immigration".

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Euro 6 is basically "stop existing".
        Can't wait for Euro 7 where you basically aren't allowed to breathe the air without buying carbon credits or whatever

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Laughed my ass off when I read that Euro 7 wants to put limits on fricking TIRE AND BRAKE DUST to """"""""""""""""""improve air quality""""""""""""""""
          Meanwhile G*rmany firing up the ole coal plants lmao

These "people" are literally insane and have ruined their economy and car industry altogether

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

"climate"gays finally showing their hand. boilingfrog.jpg. they want us to be immobile slaves

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's regulation targeting EV's and in particular chinkoid ones.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Nah, they're too busy starting and perpetuating Wars and forcing destabilizing "immigration".

EU is not some dictatorship. People voted for them, that means they wanted it. Simple as is.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>People voted for them, that means they wanted it.
          That's a 5 year-old's logic.
          None of those EU fricks actually run on such issues.
          >A Vote for Me is a vote for Euro 7!!!
          >A Vote for Me is a vote for Nord Stream being blown up
          It doesn't ever happen like that.
          These fricks take license that was never granted.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

did you vote for any of this ?
          I surely didn't.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

the EU is less democratic than any of its members

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>population is overwhelmingly against immigration
          >EU pays for pro-immigration propaganda and imports millions
          >population still against immigration (just not as much)
          >EU now threatening people with fines if they don’t accept immigration
          >”democracy
          https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2024/03/26/half-of-europeans-disapprove-of-eu-migration-policy-and-demand-stronger-border-controls-po

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

also, EU parliament is literally not voted on by the people.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You mean the Commision. We literally have elections for parliament representatives in less than a month from now.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So what's stopping you from choosing the government you like? Last time I checked, you didn’t have laws where you go to jail for any criticism of the current government. You can even go out and organize protests.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You can even go out and organize protests.
            Lol, lmao even.
            The gov can decide on a whim that any organized protest is illegal and break it down. In Germany things are especially bad.
            https://jacobin.com/2024/04/yanis-varoufakis-germany-palestine-conference

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You read Jacobin?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nah, It just was the first hit the search engine gave me. I couldn't be bothered to fetch the article I originally came upon this news.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>implying your elected """"""representatives"""""" act in anything but their own interests after feeding you a line of horse shit
          >implying people actually voted specifically for forced jabs, unlimited immigration, strangling regulations, incredible inflation, ever increasing taxation, etc etc etc
          kek
          Most moronic person on DA.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>he thinks EU congress is actually elected

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What a beauty, superchargers need to make a comeback in Europe, sick of this turbo bullshit

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

B48. Can make reliable 400 wheel hp on stock internals and stock turbo.

Try doing that with your weeb engine homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lmao you can push 500 on a stock honda K20 or K24
      >stock turbo
      >dude wastegate mod the tiny turbo
      lol hope you like inefficiency and impeller wear lmao

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> K20 or K24
        Now mention something that comes in a modern car and not an engine that needs to be jerryrigged if you want to have it in something other than a 90s tin can.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

k20c3

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Skyactive 2.0

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>you can push 500 on a stock honda K20 or K24
        You can, but not reliably. You really should at least get forged pistons past 350-400hp

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Turbo wheels dont wear unless the bearings are already gone, you send debris through them, or your egts are so high you melt the damn thing but at that point youve probably already melted an exhaust valve down

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 2.0T Ford uses right now is fine. I just wish they put EV parts in them to make 350HP+ hybrids that don't perform like trash. Volvo is the only brand that has figured this out in the S60 T8.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EA888 is a modern masterpiece

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

4G63 has entered the chat.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>uhhh achully this engine from 20 years ago was reliable

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>m139 THE most powerful 4 cyl

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pick any euro diesel

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mitsu 4B11 and 4G63

VW EA888 2.0T is actually decently reliable other than stupid shit like water pumps and timing chains. It has to be, VW has built the fricking engine since 2005

Ford 2.0 Ecoboost isn't awful other than headgaskets at high miles/abuse. Definitely better than the 2.3 that cracks blocks and blows headgaskets

GM Ecotec 2.0T would be good if the timing chains didn't stretch

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you believe that timing chains=bad then you should reserve appointment with a psychiatrist

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Timing chains are only bad when companies that can't make a reliable one use them (VW with timing chain tensioners, GM with the chains themselves or guides). They last 1.5x the length of your average timing belt while being more difficult to service imo. I can tell you for a fact either example with 80-120,000 miles will need work done to their chains

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

if you had any semblance of reading comprehension you would have understood he didn't say "timing chains bad", he said "these specific examples of timing chains bad"

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

B207L&B207R&B204
    These all are great engines found in the best cars ever made.

Saab Chads can't stop winning!

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why the FRICK can nobody do this except honda and toyota? how hard can it be?
    Volkswagen did this with the AP 1.6/1.8T/2.0 engine

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm a total brainlet. How come this became the standardized engine design? Why hasn't there been any more innovation or inventions? It's been over a hundred years

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

physics is a b***h.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ah makes sense

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FIA israelites taking rally displacement regs from 2.0 to 1.6 didn't help

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They don’t do it on purpose
    It’s called planned obsolescence

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would probably trust Cummins to do it as long as it's not that Nissan/Cummins bullshit. I've driven a lot of Cummins 6.7's and would trust them to power a plane even when equipped with tall the emission bullshit.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *