Tell me why I shouldn't buy a Kei truck if I just need to move shit around.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No? Just find a dirt cheap used single cab truck or rent a trailer like a normal non-moronic person

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He probably wants something that's not an unreliable piece of shit. American trucks are shit.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Kei trucks dont make for good cars, consider what your use case is. If youre moving something around a farm or from one nearby place to another all day every day then theyre great. If you plan on going places and traveling around in it like a normal car then youre better off with a normal truck. You have to remember that these things are designed with japanese fish mongers in mind

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why would you use a truck for traveling?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Comfy, reliable, practical, safe, lots of reasons as long as you are willing to give up some fuel costs. God knows having those for trips is paramount for a decent time.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I use my truck for traveling as well as moving shit because it gets really good fuel mileage and it's powerful, it's also able to tow heavy shit
            my e39 and my truck get similar MPGs so I pick the truck most of the time because you can just throw shit in the back and take off and not worry about fitting stuff into the car or damaging the car

https://i.imgur.com/FYXCUeO.jpeg

do you live on a farm?
            if you're moving heavy stuff around a real truck would be better in every way

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>pic rel
            so you're the trashy redneck that pulls up to the gas station with a truck bed overflowing with random crap and trailer tires stolen off of electronic message signs.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

eh?
            I bought those tires, I own 2 trailers
            also, I paid a lot for those dually super duty axles, those are like 1000 dollars each and they're going under my dodge
            also those semi truck jacks in that pic cost 1500 dollars each and there's 4 in there
            I use this truck to do heavy work

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why wouldn't you?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What do you use? The bus?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Careful buddy you don't want the boomer who still thinks its 1940 to come along and spam the entire thread calling everyone a "chink shill".

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Have you ever driven one? Unless you're only moving stuff on your property or locally around the area, they suck shit. They're windy tin cans with shitty little choked out engines that redline at 65mph and are pretty miserable to drive for any length of time on the highway.

This. A cheap old chevy with a 350 in it mogs the japshit in every single conceivable way as far as moving stuff is concerned.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You should. I bought one on the cheap for general fricking around in town/dump runs/lumber runs. Does its job, burns oil like an old mitsubishi because it is an old mitsubishi. Randomly exploded a sparkplug once, other than that no issues I did not personally cause. Hauls more than midsize trucks.

>redline at 65mph
        Only true for the 4-on-the-floor ones. Get a 5 speed one and suddenly you're cruising at 75 ez. I miss my supercharged sambar that my fricking idiot neighbor totaled.

>But automatics
        Drive a real transmission, you cuck.

>But AC
        Open a window, homosexual.

You won't be able to register it for road use except for a few states.

It's more like only a few states WON'T register them, lmao.

tl;dr, get one, make all the anons here seethe. All of the boomers will worship at your feet at every lumber yard you go to. People will randomly offer you cash for your car. You will have a quasi-reliable haul-shit-around mobile without having to break your back loading shit into the high bed of a 1500 or ranger.

Literally the only reason I'm considering buying a larger truck in addition to is to plow because up here in the northeasts winters are a b***h and I might be getting a place with a half a mile driveway. Still wouldn't give up the little kei bastard tho, shit's just too fun and practical.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

aren't they expensive in the usa?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Depends on who you get it through, some importers are huge Black folk who will rip you off but if there's someone reputable near you it's not too bad

They do tend to be a pain in the fricking ass to register though because a lot of DMV branches the dumb morons working there will just refuse to let you register it so you have to drive around looking for the one wagie willing to actually do his fricking job and not be a homosexual who gives you a hard time for no reason.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Their seats arent comfortale

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a 4cyl D40
    Then you won't be stuck with a quasi legal truck you can't sell

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They are not enjoyable to drive on the interstate and in the summer with AC on even stroads will be annoying.
    For the same price as the 25 year old golf cart you can get a 15 year old real truck.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You won't be able to register it for road use except for a few states.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>collides with air
    >dies

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They seem overpriced for what you get if you're in the US. They make slightly more sense in Canada where you can get them at 15 years old. $5k+ for a 25 year old truck that can't really do (American) truck things... Meh. For $5k you could buy a beater GMT800 and a spare 4l60e and have something that can do truck things while being able to actually do truck things with it.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

only if you already have another truck to move shit around

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>ERRM THAT'S FAKE BECAUSE SOME REDDIT MEME ACTUALLY TOLD ME THE GEI TRUCK CAN HAUL ANYTHING AND BIG ONES ARE WORTHLESS

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you need nothing more

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I highly doubt the gaskets on that thing are sufficient for keeping the poop of its native roads out of the cabin

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

idk dog the dual cab kei truck go kinda hard

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

posting my experiences having just bought a 98 suzuki carry a few weeks ago (just my blogpost about my suzuki carry, other brands might be slightly different but they all adhere to kei classification spec)

the dc51t (rwd) and dd51t (4wd) (1991-1998)
    all parts are interchangable as they are the exact same just one is 4wd other is rear wheel (also bedford rascal parts fit as its the exact same truck)
    if you get one in that year range you can swap out the front panels and headlights if you want the happy face round headlights or the rectangular ones it all fits

the first thing you do is put a headunit in because the factory radio only plays AM radio. if you cant be arsed to frick around drilling out holes for speakers there are single din head units with inbuilt speakers i got the AOVIESE 252B (blutooth handsfree, usb even AUX) because i didnt want to cut holes for speakers which you only really need if you are playing super bassy music otherwise the head unit is not bad for the price. For double dins you need to cut the plastic frame and install speakers (again only worth if u are pumping doof doof music)

I would strongly recommend bed liner if you are doing loose items in the back as only the floor has the rubber mat which is really slippery

90% of these kei trucks do NOT have AC but retrofitting them is not expensive a new AC from japan for my carry is 200 AUD (i have yet to see how that affects the gutless 660cc motor while driving)

speaking of the motor its super easy to access in the carry with 3 access points

also all generic car accesories for kei trucks will fit ALL other kei trucks as they are all the same general size (1.2x1.8m bed that can hold 350kg) so tonneu covers, car covers, bed nets etc all fit all kei trucks.

i dont know what the shipping situation is like in the states but getting anything to Australia from japan is super easy no problem the best sites
    redditspaced like a GOD

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

part 2

the best sites i have found for getting parts are yahoo auctions, rakuten.co.jp and ebay. ALSO Amazon JAPAN IS VERY IMPORTANT THERES LOTS OF SHIT THERE THAT IS NOT SOLD ANYWHERE ELSE FOR SOME REASON
      rakuten is amazing because you can put in your vehicle code (for example i input dc51t in search and it shows me literally every single part for this almost 30 year old truck) including entire engines, windscreens, aircons, doors, seats, bed accessories etc legit everything and you can order it to your door of course paying shipping from japan.

Also for browsing japanese sites i use an auto page translator browser extension so you dont have to copy paste/google lens everything its so easy.

the dc51t (or any future model i have seen because we get to buy the brand new ones from the dealerships in japan sorry americabros) are super simple machines you can do all the work on it yourself. when i was at the importer i saw a few guys changing a clutch on the same model truck i bought in the driveway without needing it up on a hoist or anything. as for the OPs question about moving shit around yes its super handy for that as long as you are staying in a 30-40 minute radius of wherever the truck lives as going on roads with speed limits above 80kmh really cuts into your fuel efficiency as i can put put around my small town doing errands all day and it barely sips any fuel but if you live in an area where you will have to go above 80kmh for more than a few minutes (not that the engine struggles it just guzzles fuel if you dont have a 5th gear, which mine doesnt+it has a 28 litre fuel tank which lasts me almost 2 weeks of how i drive it around town)

super handy for moving shit around as all 3 sides of the bed fold down ( you can buy a chan/cable that stops it halfway if you want it to stay flat for an extra foot of bed space or if you are carrying super long loads like wood beams) also you can put a little roof basket/roof cage on it for more storage

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

also if you have the choice, the subaru sambar is 100% the best kei truck as its a 4 cyl 5 speed which can do highway speed no problem i just got the suzuki carry because it has 9000 kms on it and looked like it had never been driven its entire life not one spot of rust at all on the entire car i couldnt believe it

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>if you have the choice, the subaru sambar is 100% the best
          I think my Au delivery [DA32T] 2001 Carry 1.3 5spd is better. Mine will sit on 110kph all day with the AC blasting. You also sit behind the front wheels which gives a much better ride and a true mid engine, AWD layout.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i have never seen any non 660cc kei ever in my life i did not know that was a thing yes a 1.3 would be great having a normal sized engine

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            are these the south asia export models not sold in japan?

Only Japan gets the 660. Rest of world gets bigger engines. Mine was sold in Oz, UK,NZ and Europe.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also, check out the Bedford Rascal thread for international examples.

[...]

I recommend the LHD Chevrolet Labo for Americans

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i have never seen any non 660cc kei ever in my life i did not know that was a thing yes a 1.3 would be great having a normal sized engine

are these the south asia export models not sold in japan?

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Truck: :l
    >Truck, Japan: :0
    Weebcels are mentally ill. The reason Kei trucks exist is because the average Jap is a poorgay living in cramped cities and "trucks" are cucked by regulations hence Kei trucks.
    In the US you can buy massive trucks with better bed space, towing capacity, powerful engines, RWD or 4WD, and are much more comfortable and luxurious than that Jap slop. The USA doesn't have fricked regulations like Japan does and the only reason a Kei truck would appeal to a round eye is if you're a poorgay or weeb in which case you're a poorgay anyway.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"trucks" are cucked by regulations
      nonsense. the kei trucks are the go to for fleet vehicles in japan. they fit on the roads perfectly, they can carry a good amount of weight, they're a good all-around vehicle. The utility vans of the trucks are for when you need to cover your cargo or have more passengers.
      A Ford F-150 would be very difficult to drive on Japan's roads. Their cities are dense because they don't have a lot of usable land.
      Despite their cities being dense, they're safer than any American city, and living in a dense city doesn't necessarily mean everyone is poor.
      They actually have full-size american semi trucks, but they have their own road and their own grade crossing for it, since it wouldn't fit on the roads.
      https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/13079-level-crossing-for-trucks/
      There's no regulations cucking them into driving smaller vehicles besides the extra tax for driving a full size vehicle, they just have different needs that can be met with kei class vehicles.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hey anon, I really want to buy a kei truck. They are cheap, you can buy one for as little as $600. It's about $2500 in import costs, and that only gets it into port, then you need to pick it up. I don't have a trailer for that, so I may need to pay someone.
    Do these cars arrive in working condition, or drained of all fluids?
    My budget is around $5k. I wanna find a truck for around $1500-2000 + import and pickup.
    Is this doable? Are parts impossible to find locally? Do they all have to be bought from Japan?

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get a hook and a trailer instead of a memcar

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Check your state laws if they're legal.
    Some states you basically can only drive them on private property.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Personally I'd love one to buy one of these new, but I'm scared if they can't handle the freeway out here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *