>65k miles
>$20k asking price
It also has a cold air intake and nismo exhaust

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A good reason to not get it would be if you're white.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

whatever alternative you'll recommend for the "true white man" is a boring shitbox, am I right?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

He's trying to shill bmws LAMO

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Correct. White people drive old used econoboxes. Fancy cars, expensive cars and sports car are for minorities (that finance them at 20% interest rate, and wreck them or have them repossessed within 6 months while the white man pays for their fun a la taxes).

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Actual wealthy people who are into cars have a luxury sedan/suv for everyday driving and a nice antique/sports/project car for shows and weekend fun
          You'd know this if you lived in a wealthy neighborhood

Also nobody has managed to bring up any legitimate counterpoints to OP's question so I guess it's a good buy

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Here is why I hesitate: First of all, it's a used sports car. That pretty much says it all. If you don't understand, this is a 10 year old car that had the following components abused:

> clutch
            > throwout bearing
            > suspension bushings
            > calipers / parking brake
            > possibly engine components
            > chipped paint

All of these parts + rusting exhaust, battery, starter, AC (at least clutch), ignition wire, etc are going to run into 10s of thousands or the entire summer of work.

It also has a very dated shit interior, but that's irrelevant to a lot of people here. Furthermore, the base, which is what OP's image @ price is does NOT have an LSD iirc.

In short, the answer is always "if you want to rebuild the entire car". And if the answer to that is an experience-based yes, well, then why the hell are you asking here?

Finally, afaik, stock, it definitely needs CTR gap insurance.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

While I am ranting - stock for stock, I would probably just have the cukyobaru - at least there you don't have to worry about how shot the bushings are or if the clutch / slave cylinder will fail in the middle of the road.

The Nismos are in the 30-40k range, and usually that's with an accident or other issues, and they are still old enough to need a ton of work.

In short, the whole DA narrative only really works if you not only have the skills but really do WANT to take the engine apart.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for the input, anon. The one I'm looking at does have a viscous LSD, new brake pads, a sub 10k mile transmission, and either no paint chips or good touchup work. I'll definitely look more into these concerns once I take it to my mechanic

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>used car is used
            ok

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

youve never touched a screwdriver

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>You'd know this if you lived in a wealthy neighborhood
            i havent seen any nissan Zs around here, good amount of brz and mustangs though

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/UZTzqrq.jpg

Actual wealthy people who are into cars have a luxury sedan/suv for everyday driving and a nice antique/sports/project car for shows and weekend fun
            You'd know this if you lived in a wealthy neighborhood

Also nobody has managed to bring up any legitimate counterpoints to OP's question so I guess it's a good buy

I live in one of the most expensive places in the world and everyone drives teslas or boring appliance cars what are you talking about?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Actually what you've described is the "aspirant middle class". I would know. I am one.
            Private boys school, good uni, etc. But I own one family car, one motorcycle for commuting, and classic car for fun.
            Now, I earned ~£161k last year. I'm not rich.
            My ex-girlfriend? Her family was worth about £40m. Amazing houses. Great property portfolio.
            They drove a Honda Jazz.

Rich people, like, properly rich people, are either very interested in cars and have a lot, or completely uninterested and don't give a flying shit.

[...]
            I live in one of the most expensive places in the world and everyone drives teslas or boring appliance cars what are you talking about?

Ergo, this.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What's your life like? I know a guy who makes that much and lives in his childhood bedroom and drives 2007 Mazda 3.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Respect to that dude, I'm making $100k post taxes and decided to live in one of my parents' properties because renting is generally a scam
            Frick German cars btw, they're overrated as frick

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Reasonably good - Aside from the vehicles, I own my house 4 bedroom house where my family lives and we're upgrading to a new place soon.
            I don't live in a low-cost location either (could call it the outskirts of London but within the M25).
            If he's making that choice to drive that and stay there, then he had better be saving his money.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Frick off, you utter knob. Who fricking asked about how much better your life was than anyone else's?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It wasn't a brag buddy, just saying that from what I've seen on how properly rich people live their lives, it's quite different from me and most other car enthusiasts.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The 2002 Corolla is calling to me

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Interesting. So what are these white people doing on our auto enthusiast board, if they only are supposed to drive boring econoboxes?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

either larping as hypercar owners or buying $100k+ supercars to drive 55 mph on the highway

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Rich people would spend 10x more than any car build on moronic hobbies such as "wine" and "art", the platitude that rich people like Warren buffet drive a Toyota Corolla in null and void

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The types of rich people who buy wine and fine art are very different people from the likes of Warren Buffet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Regular rich people enjoy what they do, but have hobbies and interests that they indulge in because they can afford to
            Super rich people either managed to turn all their hobbies into moneymaking schemes (usually still kinda cool), never had any interests other than making money (turbo gays), or inherited their wealth from their parents (degens)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So, something I learnt from my rich ex-girlfriend and a few connections from banking where people run art galleries:

Lets say you're rich and your investments have netted you a pre-tax cash/realised income of £20m.
            You'll need to pay ~£9m tax on that.
            However, charitable deductions are permitted. Now, initially you're thinking "so what? I don't have millions to charity, frick em." And true.
            However, through a friend of yours who runs an art gallery, you commission a piece of art. Lets say it costs you £100k, because the artist is quite good. Now, you don't actually care for the art, so instead, you have another friend of yours who also runs an art gallery (and is, surprise surprise, friends with the first one) to appraise the artwork. You pay this person £50k for this appraisal.

Lo and behold, the art is very much contemporary, and so they value it at £3m.
            But, you don't like it. tut tut, so what to do?
            I know! Donate it, to an art museum / gallery.
            Your friends provide the contacts and it is done.

Now your tax return shows a £3m tax deductable charity donation.
            Tax bill is now £6m.
            Net benefit is £2.85m thanks to this.

You'd be shocked how much this goes on. You think those galleries actually ship art? PUH!
            It's all tax bros.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if you dont know what a white man's car is, you and that car deserve each other

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Not sure what this emotional connection to the "white man's car" is about. Are you in love these white men? Why is this a point of conversation?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

imagine having your jimmies rustled so badly when reading "white people" that you have to express your homosexuality in a car discussion

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not the one bringing up "white men" in a car discussion bud. Leave your fetishes in another board bro. If you want to project, find another healthier outlet to express yourself

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Tell me what it is if you know then, have the other white men judge it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I had one (and I'm White, you israeli b***h Black person)
      Honestly was one of the best cars I ever owned. Yes, granted at one point the clutch went to the floor, and I did fluid changes etc. but ultimately spent ~£600 having it replaced.
      Other than that can't fault it. Granted I was 25 so still didn't have any other family obligations back then etc, but otherwise, if I couldn't get into a 400Z now, I'd hit another 370Z.
      >pic very much rel.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Better off with a 370Z at any rate. 400Z is a dud for a variety of reasons, but the TT engine I'd wager is a big one. The previous turbo Z doesn't hold value for shit compared to the NA Z cars that preceeded it or followed it, and its NA variant was cursed by a 600lb iron block V6, as chassiswise its under 100 lbs heavier (~2850lbs) than an S14 when the vg30de is swapped with an SR20det.
        Z cars should avoid turbos though.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Personally, I prefer the naturally aspirated engine as well.
          But there's no doubt that interior quality of the 400Z is going to be an improvement. So as a driver's car, 370Z. As a modern day new sports car, my expectation is that the 400Z will probably sell quite well.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No fake vents and LED interior lighting, can't even play my apple car pods with this thing so I can hear the latest hypnotic jungle beats.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>No rice
    >has a cold air intake and nismo exhaust
    Pick one you fricking homosexual.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How's that rice, post your tools. You do have tools right anon. Any body kit recommendations you homosexual ricer?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A CAI and an exhaust are visual mods that add no performance. Textbook rice.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

yea I believe everything you say since you sound like you know your shit, but do you have any tools?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The 2014 and later Touring models actually have the sport trim by default
            [...]
            Have you ever heard of bolt on performance upgrades?

>A CAI and an exhaust are visual mods that add no performance.
            Most braindead statement on DA

>Not performance because I say so
            But who the frick are you?

just tune the car. you don’t even need to get it on a dyno. have a nice day purist.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's not performance because basic science but I guess that's a little much for somebody buying anything with a VQ.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

just tune the car. you don’t even need to get it on a dyno. have a nice day purist.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

lol you ricers are the worst.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Shut the FRICK up, Busrider.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no, the only ones worth it are either the Sport trim or Nismo
    Touring is just a base model with leather seats

the stock image you chose is a sport trim

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The 2014 and later Touring models actually have the sport trim by default

Have you ever heard of bolt on performance upgrades?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>bolt on performance upgrades
        "the box said +10hp"

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>"the box said +10hp"
          Ok you fricking got me, lmao. Audible kek

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Have you ever heard of bolt on performance upgrades?
        Yes I have. A hot air intake and an exhaust adds no performance. Actually it reduces performance which means you're closer to a stancegay which is worse than a ricer.

Post your before and after dyno results.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Okay if intake and exhaust don't do anything then why is my car faster since I got them?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Got the dragy before and after to prove it?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

He's absolutely right, in fact, these Pep Boys intakes almost always do worse than the stock airbox.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

lol you ricers are the worst.

Samegay

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>$20k asking price
    no, thanks

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>JUST DRIVE A STOCK CAR BRO OR YOU WILL VOID THE WARRANTY OKAY!!!
    kek, couldn't be me

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

370’s are taxed to death... why? are they that much better than the 350? or is it just a matter of availability?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you literally cannot find a 350z today that wansn't driven 100k+ miles, straight piped, modded to hell and back, and wrapped around a tree

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you can find sub 50k mile 350z, stock and clean titles for around the 20-25k range

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

but you could get a nice clean 370z in that price range too

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>clean 350z
          I can't even find one with an intact front bumper around here.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why not just get a 300ZX?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

designated incel mobile

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Unless if you absolutely need the marginal improvements in speed and performance, you can get a G37 that feels nicer to sit in and will be cheaper to insure with the extra rear seats since insurers hate 2-seater sports cars that aren't Corvettes.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I like these cars but apparently if your valves ever get out of spec, Nissan wants you to put entirely new cylinder heads on. Probably won't happen in your ownership but still.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/xQ92LRO.jpg

Should I get a late year touring model with:
      >No accidents
      >No rice
      >65k miles
      >$20k asking price
      It also has a cold air intake and nismo exhaust

Forgot to add, as I understand the limited slip differential in this is NOT SERVICEABLE meaning when the components wear you're replacing the entire thing.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You boomers need to learn how to be efficient
    I just searched "370z talk me out of it) 4th link was a MT review

Lazy frick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>devoid of modern technology
      aaagggghhhhh i can't access the prostate massager controls by hooking up my biphone to the youtooth connection because this vehicle was manufactured more than 7 years ago, help me steve jobs!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

kek

It's not performance because basic science but I guess that's a little much for somebody buying anything with a VQ.

Shut up Black person go back to DA

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Devoid of modern technology in the Cons section
      Lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Keeps up with a V8 M3, a V8 Mustang from the same time, and outruns the Z4.
      I'd say it wasn't outdated.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.
    Anyone even discussing this car is a fricking ricelet slowgaylet boyracelet.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You are discussing this car

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No discussion it's just ugly, slow, and gay.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>it's not a 90s manual gray BMW sedan therefore it's garbage
    t. busriders of DA

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

10 year old 370z for $20k isn't too bad, I'd try and get it a little lower but it seems its a solid car. I can't for the life of me see how a cai and nismo exhaust is a "visual mod" as said by some people here since they're the very first mods everyone does to their build anyway. A g37 would be a nice idea if you could find a 6 speed, but its harder to find a clean one, and for that reason the 370z might just be the move. good luck with the true Ol' reliable of modern sports cars. Its kind of funny that nissan's shortcomings as a company that can only afford to update its platforms once every like 20 years ends up being a great thing for enthusiast since you can just buy a newer version of the same truck or sports car as like 2006 and its just a slightly better version now with any problems just slowly ironed out overtime.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>can't for the life of me see how a cai and nismo exhaust is a "visual mod" as said by some people here since they're the very first mods everyone does to their build anyway.

This board is full of morons who get their opinions from cartubers who told them it's "le bad", intakes are one of the first mods you do on a VQ37.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>cold air intake
    they replaced one tube with another tube? you better get that car then!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you cant hear that SUCC with stock intakes. wouldnt expect you to derive any satisfaction from that since you probably drive an automatic and your shit just constantly groans regardless of throttle input.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a fricking v6 muscle car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its not a muscle car, its just a low end GT. Maybe it can go in the same category as pony cars, but a muscle car it is not.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

oh no
      i disappointed some boomer fudd
      he'll be so sad when I gap his 150hp ancient shitbox

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Sports car
      ftfy

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You're gonna have a difficult time finding decent examples not under 20k. Although I don't think I would purchase a Z that didn't have a limited slip though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Would you if I told you that it does?

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It’s a good car, but 400lbs heavier than it should be. I’d cross-shop a cayman s (used) and a BMW 2-series and see which one you like. A BMW Z4 or american muscle cars are some other options in the same price range.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's 3250-3450lbs

No way you're going to have a 330hp V6 Sports Car that weighs 2800-3000lbs while still meeting crash testing and having adequate NVH. Just the motor and trans weigh a good 600lbs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

disgusting gutless pigfat shitboxes

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The z has weighed in close to or at 3300lbs since the z31 and the civic has weighed 3k since the fk2. The only one you can really argue for being overweight is the wrx, but its also the only awd sedan in the lineup, and its not like there's any other sedan with longitudinal awd thats lighter in this age

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

mine is great

common problems:
    Throttle bodies get fouled
    slave cylinder
    clutch feels like shit (buy the RJM upgrades)

the stock intakes already suck air from the front bumper area

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP here, I'm about to take it to a mechanic I'm friends with to get checked out. Is there anything I should look out for other than standard rust/tread wear/engine bay inspections?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, check the clutch slave cylinder.
      Springs, dampers, brakes, and the LSD should nevertheless be checked if the car is over ~8 years old anyway, just in case.

Reckon she'll be fine as long as you're not buying it from a diversity hire.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Tell me why I shouldn't get this car.
    I won't tell you why you shouldn't get the car. I will tell you why you shouldn't pay $20k.

That car is basically the same car as a 2009 370z, mechanically speaking, one with a manual with kind of mileage went for about $12k-14k back in 2019.

It's not a bad car, just know you're overpaying by a lot for what is fundamentally a 15 year old car, even if you end up buying a late year example.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You're full of shit
      >average Cargurus price for a base 2009 370z in 2019 was $15k
      >$15k in 2019 = $18.5k in 2024
      >OP is looking at a sport touring version w/ an LSD, nice seats, Rays wheels, sport brakes, and a meh nav screen
      I'd say 19-20 thousand dollars is a good deal (or at least comparable to pre-covid prices), assuming there's nothing wrong with the car

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

average is brought up by morons like OP who pay way above the average.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the current average price for a BASE 2014 370z is $20461 (including salvage titles, 150k+ mile cars, and riced/clapped cars)
          Do you have any evidence that $19-20k for the car as described by OP is a bad deal?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yes, a 370z is a bad deal at $20k. It's a good car, it's just not worth $20k.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

what would a good deal for one be then? asking for a friend

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

In today's inflated economy, $14.4k-$16.8k is a good deal for a 370z with 65k miles. Year is really less important than you think, they're really all the same car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=75035&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&distance=50000&sortType=PRICE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2018#listing=379770939/NONE/DEFAULT

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring, 69,506 on odometer, clean title, no accidents, 2 owners, automatic transmission - $16.4k plus taxes. That's a good deal.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You can get a c7 corvette for that price

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *