Tell me why I shouldn't lease again

My "$3k" Accord somehow needs >$5k in repairs. It's already had a trans rebuilt and engine put in. It's old. It's clapped out. It rides like shit and I'm over it.

Ideal car would be a TSX Wagon. The ones that are clean and not clapped out are >$10,000 and are still junky and borderline clapped out old junk.

I have a nice chunk of savings, I just don't know what car I want so I started looked at
MCDONALD'S
EGGSHIT
TURBO 3 CYLINDER
CVT
BUICK
$179/mo is so laughably small it wouldn't affect any of my finances. I'm seriously considering this. 2 years to save up and get something I want long term...

Let's be serious and tell me why I shouldn't lease a fricking Buick to just have something nice and new for once in my life.

I have had project cars over the years, I'm over wanting fun cars. I'm just a jaded 30 year old boomer that just goes to work, the grocery store, bars and restaurants. Maybe a national park trip twice a year.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why the frick not if there's deals right now.
    Worst that could/will happen is some annoying GM shit that will be fixed under warranty.
    Not a CVT though (not that it really matters)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah it's a 6 speed, not a CVT lol I don't care either way. I've driven a Malibu rental car and it was basically a Rolls Royce Bentley Deluxe Supreme in my mind with how amazing it was compared to all my previous old shit. I do believe these small turbo engines rip. Low end torque like an old V8.

I can't figure out what the catch is.
      And doing more.math to calculate depreciation, it makes even more sense to lease something every few years instead of dealing with the same car,.bored of it, for way too long.

Buick dealer near me seems to have the absolute best lease option around

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I can't figure out what the catch is.
        Have someone look over your numbers if you're not 100% on it, but there's a reason so many people lease shitboxes.
        And many people

Leasing sucks. It's "only" 179 a month but you're ultimately paying $8600 for literally nothing. You could take the same down payment and monthly payment on a 1-2 year old used car and have a budget of about 16k. It's not much but you could get a base model Elantra. Then the fun part is when it's paid off, you trade it in on another one. Now you get another 4 or 5 years of having a nearly new car with a full warranty for only 200 a month but no 4300 down payment.

don't understand the value of convinience (very subjective ofc) Just don't let them upsell you, although looking a Buick's current range I don't think there's much of a chance kek

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>the value of convinience

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Low end torque like an old V8.
        You have never driven a V8, I’ve had the displeasure of driving just about every small turbo 3/4 as rentals and they’re all universally awful and gutless

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Nah. Picrel has a 305? 307? Some kind of 5L v8 with 120 hp and a 3 speed slushbox into very tall rear differential gears. Absolute slug. Probably 14 seconds 0-60. Unironically a 90s 4 cylinder feels sporty by comparison, and a turbo 6 spd auto shitbox would definitely pull harder.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>find the most extreme example of underpowered V8 to drive approval for a 3 cylinder

You can force any crazy idea by looking at extreme examples but using underpowered smog engines from the 80s to make a point is not the best method to justify the horrendously underperforming turbo shitbox engines going into modern low end cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I do believe these small turbo engines rip. Low end torque like an old V8.
            >old V8
            Im literally comparing it to an old V8. Im not saying that the 3 cylinder crossover is good or fast, but its faster than any v8 buick put in a car 40 years ago.

But one could swap out that 3 spd automatic and broken small block for performance parts and have a muscle car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

> I do believe these small turbo engines rip. Low end torque like an old V8

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

~150 ft.lbs Torque at 2,000 RPM from a tiny 1-2 liter turbo engine in a tiny car feels just as awesome as ~150 ft. lbs from a 5+ liter V8 in a 2 ton big car/ truck

Ford and Chevys 2.7L make 420ft lbs under 2,500 rpm.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I can't figure out what the catch is

The downpayment and monthly rate is variable depending on credit score. You will also be liable for gap insurance depending on your state

Just make sure the miles line up with your expected usage and don't get suckered into extending your lease
        >rolling over your equity to purchase it outright
        at the end

Honestly, if you're down for a roadtrip I would shop a perimeter of two states and you can probably get the monthly payment down. Look up
        >lease hacking
        and be sure to drive it like you stole it

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Your looking at getting into a Buick egg, who the frick cares, do it and review it.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Isn't the Envista worse in several areas compared to the smaller Encore GX?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I have no idea
      Hyundai doesn't even have a lease this low.

Lease deals are not always available. It's to get cars off lots when they're over inventory or better yet, when they're over produced.

Never heard of Envista Encore or Envision. I expecting the Regal was still around tbh

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>why I shouldn't lease a fricking Buick to just have something nice and new
    Buick would only be new

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Leasing sucks. It's "only" 179 a month but you're ultimately paying $8600 for literally nothing. You could take the same down payment and monthly payment on a 1-2 year old used car and have a budget of about 16k. It's not much but you could get a base model Elantra. Then the fun part is when it's paid off, you trade it in on another one. Now you get another 4 or 5 years of having a nearly new car with a full warranty for only 200 a month but no 4300 down payment.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This completely ignores how much the Buick will depreciate during the course of the lease.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The point of a lease is that it doesn't ignore depreciation, it ignores everything else

You probably just sold 1 or 2 people on the idea of leasing
        >don't you want a worse car for 5 years instead of 2?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The point is saying $8600 for literally nothing is disingenuous. That money is going toward the depreciation the car will face during the time of the lease. It also ignores the reality that the residual may be less than the car's value at the end of the lease.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The point of a lease is that it doesn't ignore depreciation, it ignores everything else
            [...]
            You probably just sold 1 or 2 people on the idea of leasing
            >don't you want a worse car for 5 years instead of 2?

That's why you don't buy a new car. You buy one that's already a year old. The biggest depreciation hit is already taken by the first owner. If you lease, you're the one taking that hit.
            >buy 24k 1 year old car for 16k
            >drive for 4 years
            >trade in value is 12k
            $1000/yr to drive
            >lease exact same car for 2 years for 8k
            $4000/yr to drive
            Exact same car with exact same warranty.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

This isn't the case anymore, except for Mitsubishi and Kia shitters

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>24k 1 year old car for 16k
            Have you seen what the car market looks like now? First off, there's barely any 24k cars. Second, 1 year old cars cost the same as new cars. For 16k you are looking at 10+ year old cars with 100k+ miles.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I bought a Civic 4 years ago for $16,000 + tax and fees
      Dealer offered $7800 for trade in. That shit sucks. I could have leased a new Civic and costs would have been the same over 4 years.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>trade in value of a car that will actually sell quickly on the used market if you do it yourself
        You're a dumbass, the dealer could turn around and sell it in half the time you could at twice the price and you can't figure out how to sell a 10k civic for 12k?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Be me
      >Buy shitboxes with cash.
      >Most of them are sold within 5 years>
      >the rest go to my brothers place forever.

I don't exactly give a frick about my old shitboxes. The fact that I still have 5 of the cars that broke close enough to shitbox ranch that it wasnt worth sending them to the scrapyard doesn't really benefit me. The money was spent, the usefulness was used. If the same amount of money could have rented a better car for a similar time, that would be better for me.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

not everyone wants to be white trash

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That's the point

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Leasing only makes sense to me if said buyer frequently works overseas, like zog who have high optempos and don't drive for years at a time, or business travellers who have their car paid for by the company. Even temporary car ownership doesn't make sense because it's a really expensive rental program.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>because it's a really expensive rental program.
        This one is like $11.78 a day.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Car ownership is always temporary. Cars don't last forever like land or even practically forever like a well-built house.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That POS is powered by a 3 cylinder, 1200cc engine. Stay away.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why lease a car when you could just take a personal loan which is usually at least half the interest rate and use that money to buy a car instead

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

how bad is your credit bro personal loans start at 10% APR for people with good credit

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm in the UK - HSBC has 6.9% loans. Car dealers are usually 13%+

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Leasing is fine if you have the cash to do so.
    Why anyone would be interested in living in a GM interior is still beyond me though. Go and lease an HRV or Corolla Cross or something with at least a pretext of quality.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Odd, I'm staying away from Honda/ Toyota after test driving a RAV4 because it's so basic and bland (the RAV4 LE at least)

Yeah it's basically having a rental car for $11.79 per day.
      Insurance will be same
      Registration will be roughly the same

The difference is driving a 2007 clapped out hoopty VS. ~ half-decade old mystery-machine possible failure/get left stranded box VS. a 2024 worry-free brand new machine

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Odd, I'm staying away from Honda/ Toyota after test driving a RAV4 because it's so basic and bland
        So you're leasing a Buick? This makes zero sense, unless you're one of those morons that thinks everyone will mistake it for a Lambo.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Tell me why I shouldn't lease again
    I always assume the worst case, so in this case that the dealer may try to scam you when you return the car.

>muh micro scratches in the rim
    >that will be $2k

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>buick envista
    please no, it's cheaper than most because it's SHITTIER than EVERYTHING
    toyota rav4, ford escape, anything is better than the buick

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You shouldn't lease because you can't do what you want with the car. You are stuck driving like an NPC. If you're an auto enthusiast you will violate the lease if you don't fricking anything. I will tell you more details if you need them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What would you do with a 3 cylinder crossover? I mean you could put it up to 50 pounds of turbo boost and maybe do half of a nice pull before the car catastrophically fails. But if you're into enthusiastic driving on a budget, you would buy a clapped out BMW for $3k or something

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I dont drive like a teenager anymore
        I would literally pay to NOT have anything to do with a $3k clapped out BMW

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If you go over the mileage or break the speed limit they're nick you hard. It's not about hooning, but leasing is just driving to and from work and a few 100 miles per month, The limitations exist to hose you on fees when you go over said limitations.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>break the speed limit they're nick you hard.
          This. Driving a leased car is like driving your parents' car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If you go over the mileage or break the speed limit they're nick you hard. It's not about hooning, but leasing is just driving to and from work and a few 100 miles per month, The limitations exist to hose you on fees when you go over said limitations.

Do they actually track how fast your going? And how do they penalize you?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>does a computer with a GPS, also how they recover the car when you stop paying for it, track your speed also and report it to them

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The leasing company is the owner of the car. If you are caught by a speed camera, the leasing company gets the fine letter and charges you a processing fee to forward it to you.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So suppose you manage to drive your stock 3 cylinder crossover lease at 110 Mph every day without getting caught or crashing and you make all of your payments, and return it without a scratch at the allowed miles, then do you have to pay more than 179/mo?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You pay $179 a month, plus sales tax.
            So it's about $192 / month
            For 24 months
            If I exceed 20,000 Miles, I pay 25¢ per mile
            Affer about 20 months, I'll get a letter in mail, email or call about the option to BUY the car off, and they'll factor in the ~$9k paid towards it, and dock that off it's MSRP, and we negotiate the remaining balance and APR they missed out on, they'll try to add extended warranty and extras

Or you continue with lease termination at the end of month 24 and turn it in.

Regular wear and tear is expected. Dents dings major gashes in paint, curb-rashed wheels, yeah they'll request extra.

It's not rocket science. It's also not a complete rip-off. Unless you're leasing a European premium car.

It's also not unheard of to swap wheels and tires and lift trucks while on lease, and reverting back when it's due. You're a.fricking moron to mod the engine on a lease though.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Lease for purchase sounds like installments with extra steps.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Leasing is for Blacks with no fiscal sense. Get a bus pass and stop shitting up this board with eggshit

Imagine saving this picture. You are a giant homosexual

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Hes making shit up. That's not how it works.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>$6450 + $2150 to borrow a cuckpod for two years

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Wait, people who lease have to pay for the car maintenance on what’s essentially a long term rental? Lmao

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That's like several oil changes and maybe tires or some brake pads depending on how often or hard you drive.
      Not sure what else would really need maintaining on a new car for just a couple years.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The 2000 Buick LeSabre is the best car ever made.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Its literally the Not Poor wagie stuck behind the frog in top hat shitbox meme car

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You kids are dumb as frick LMAO
    1. There are ZERO speeding cameras near me
    2. Every lease car is going 80-90 mph on the highway
    3. Any ticket or parking violations go to the Registered Owner AKA YOU, THE LEASEE

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

youll be in the same situation. just get a corolla or something with less fatures for the same price. those buicks are as cheap as they are because they cut quality on everything possible. and a 3 cyl with a turbo... I get your situation but if you wanna buy a new crossover buck up some more money, if you want a car for the same price get a corolla or lower trim mazda 3. as of now youre saying "im tired of working on cars all the time so i want one thats gonna be in the shop under warranty repairs all the time"

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Picrel

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'd literally rather put $5k down and pay $179/ month and NOT drive that pile of shit
      You guys live mediocre as frick lives

• 1 month ago
        p

I have over $450k and I’d drive that, hard.
        It always easy to spot the non-enthusiasts here.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>enthusiast!! Just drive the garbage tin can with steelies that will need work done!
          Lol. Shut the frick up.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Big words for someone about to lease the cheapest Buick crossover.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Oh no, you mean it'll be a nice little trouble free econobox? Exactly what OP wants? Crazy stuff.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>nice
            >trouble free

>GM
            have a nice day

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Extreme cope.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Cope with what exactly?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're coping because there is actually nothing wrong with the deal nor the car but you're a histrionic little homosexual so you want to make drama.

I guarantee he'll be happy as a clam with the car. He's leasing it and he has zero responsibility for if anything were to go wrong.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That interior is tupperware garbage yet you act like it's "nice." The "deal" is also terrible since you're getting a cheapass 3cyl GM product. The residual on it will also be piss poor, because the depreciation on these will directly correlate to how shit it is. That's all.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It'll be nicer than anything he's ever owned. Even has all the modern "fancy" whizbang features like rain sensing wipers, power liftgate, adaptive cruise control and nice large screen 🙂

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yes, we understand the bar is very low for someone driving a 3k Accord. Doesn't negate the fact that there are better options of quality than yet another lazy GM rebadge of an already cheap thing. Stop supporting GM being GM. Don't buy or lease this shit. It will only come across as the behavior of a desperate poor person.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Buying a modern turbo shit engine is just like buying a time share, it’s meant to keep dumb and poor people, poor.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The good old "I don't like this brand plate so I'm just going to call the interior cheap to pretend I have a real reason" cope.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Stop coping. GM makes some cool things. They also make some not so cool things. If you can't tell which side the Envista falls into then you're the one out of place here.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's an econobox that does econobox things and he won't have to worry at all about repairs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There are even cheaper econoboxes than this, that are of better quality than this.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Feel free to post some.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Just read the thread again.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The '98 Camry with 300k miles on steelies that needs work done? Lmao.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Read harder I guess. I don't think anyone else can help you with this.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>eh meng, check out this dented, stained shitbox with a flat tire!
            LOL

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The fact that you can't comprehend the sheer volume of choice that exists between a 300k mile Camry, and the Buick Envista, is just sad at this point.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>meng this is the car for you!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Post your actual Accord OP.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous
          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/iAIY4az.jpg

I screencap every good deal I find since I have too many shitboxes

https://i.imgur.com/ctwdpVB.jpg

>everything good but window regulators
            Always seems to be an issue with these, it has cold AC anyway

https://i.imgur.com/8eJJQB6.jpg

>but you can't find cheap civics anymo-

Sir, these don't have rain sensing wipers or Apple Carplay. It's a no from OP.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

holy shit, only 130k on a 20+ year old car? If the tires all match, that thing is a dream of a beater with a shitload of previous ownership pride.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/TinrFh1.jpg

Yep this is a fricking dream. Gosh, what a magnificent find. Just with some parts like radiator and water pump, sensors and plugs, fuel pump maybe, this is ready for another 200k miles.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

around here (northeast) cars don't last for 23 years.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>FB marketplace
            Heh. Bet it has some dodgy-ass issue that isn't immediately apparent, which will nevertheless cost something like $700 (so 35% its asking price) and take something like a day and a half of wrenching (if you do it yourself) to fix. And you'll still have a $2000 car after that (financial and work-hours) effort.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>but you can't find cheap civics anymo-

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ctwdpVB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iAIY4az.jpg

He already has a $3k accord and is very tired of having an old shitbox that needs repairs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

"He" also said "he" doesn't drive much, beyond work and a few national park trips a year. A low-mileage $3k Camry would be able to do that for awhile without needing repair, for a much cheaper price than a Korean-made GM shitbox. Even after adding an aftermarket radio for Applel Cargay to the Camry.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

His 2 year cost on the brand new 2024 vehicle with all the bells and whistles is $8600. $3k 1999 camry comes with no bells and whistles, less comfortable, worse MPG etc. and makes you look like a loser. To be the same price, you'd have to spend $2,800 on repairs for the Camry, probably not likely. But that's a difference of $7.67 per day to not drive a decrepit shitbox.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>and makes you look like a loser
            Not nearly as much of a loser as leasing a 3-Cylinder ctossover coupe.
            >you'd have to spend $2,800 on repairs for the Camry, probably not likely.
            I can guarantee you this

would not need that. OP is just a moron at this point. That's without even considering that OP eill have to do all of this again after the lease is over.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Not nearly as much of a loser as leasing a 3-Cylinder ctossover coupe.
            That doesn't make you look like a loser. Only some overdramatic queer on DA DA would have a negative opinion. Whereas literally everyone will think you're a loser when you're driving a 1999 camry, including those same queers on 4chinz.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No you're right. In real life everyone will think you're cool in a $25k Buick that every boomer in the neighborhood will also have in a short amount of time, just because it's new. And if you hate DA so much, leave. Heaven forbid DA not like a $25k Buick with the build quality of a Kia Soul.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No, you'll appear to be a somewhat well off normie. 99% of people will just see "new car" and go, oh nice car and move on. You think anybody knows or gives a frick it's a 3 cylinder? Most of them wouldn't even understand even if you told them it was. People see a 1999 Camry and think "jeez, he must be struggling, has a shit job and is low class"

The simple fact is that the new vehicle is wildly more impressive, despite the fact that it's a econobox.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Wasting money on a shitty new car to try and look rich to normies

Peak consumerism.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Diogenes was an autistic loser homosexual who's ego was too big to just act normal.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Out of my sun poser.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm not going to the Grand Canyon or Bryce Canyon in a 20 year old hoopty

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>$4,319 down + $179/mo (+) + full insurance coverage (mandatory for your lease) to drive a 3,000lb crossover with a euro hatchback shitbox engine
            kek. good lord that sounds like torture. I'd literally rather drive whatever $4,319 can buy.

>A low-mileage $3k Camry
            You are not finding a camry that isn't totally nig'd out for $3k in 2024 my friend. I recently had to enter the sub $5k used car market to help an ultra poorgay friend buy a car and there is almost nothing driveable for under $3,000 that isn't completely disgusting.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I can’t imagine being in something more embarrassing than a 3 cylinder compact crossover

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's okay your level of white trash dignity is very different from mine

Did you make that 3 cy Eco tec thread?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>calls someone else white trash
            >okay with 3 cylinder compact shitbox

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If you think what you said and what

https://i.imgur.com/WGiqieo.jpg

Picrel

said are the only 2 options, have fun with that false binary.

The things you think break you out of mediocrity are mediocre and mundane.

Have fun making dealerships and banks richer so you can feel less mediocre.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the shitbox meme strikes again.
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    but I thought it cost 100 dollars a year to mantain shitboxes? I thought you can buy a new engine for 1.2k???? what happened
    HAAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>$5k in repairs
    >into a Honda and not BMW

should've dumped it into a BMW anon

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Then it'd be 20k in repairs dumb Black person

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>$179/mo is so laughably small it wouldn't affect any of my finances.
    do it. it's funny that no one would freak out if you said you were thinking about getting a new phone and paying $79 a month for the data plan

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The difference being that nobody pays that much to rent a phone after also putting down 4500. moronic zoomer

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

are you poor? an iphone costs $1000

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>$4319 signing cost
    Just buy a beater car.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Rent your house
    >Rent your TV
    >Rent your car
    >Just own nothing and be happy

I'll take my shitbox because I OWN it. Frick Klaus Schwab.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I support idiots using leases because it supports my used market options. Lease away, lease everything. Lease your entire lifespan.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You might want to consider that mitsubishi suv that has 0% interest that some other Black person on here was looking at.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm just going to assume anyone against leasing makes less than $60k until proven otherwise.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Leases aren't great. They seem cool, then it comes time to turn it in.
    I just got off a lease on a 21 Taco, the payments on a new one was more, buying it out would have cost more. I turned it in because I bought a house instead and wanted to spend my money there. Now I'm out all that time and money with nothing to show for it and having to pay full price for a different car with zero equity or trade in.

Go for it if you don't care and want to ride the wave, but if you think you're going to buy it out at the end, just prepare your anus.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Leasing a Toyota is fricking moronic unless you're going to buy it out after and sell it to make some money. Most other manufacturers will get you into a nicer lease for less than you were paying which is why buying out a vehicle rarely makes sense.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Leasing isn't always an option. It has to do with stock and inventory being high, but lowering prices isn't feasible.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's pretty much always an option. They would be stupid to not offer it. They get paid handsomly to rent a vehicle to you then they take that low mileage off-lease and finance it out to some fricking moron for the new MRSP plus 40% interest. They're printing money.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

if you think that's whats happening in the market with those used cars, you're blind. The problem is also that there is overstock on new cars, too, and the dealerships are still not budging on anything.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>dealerships are still not budging on anything
            Yeah maybe Toyota and Subaru but not everybody else. The big 3 here currently have ads running for $10k off half tons. If they're budging on those they'll budge on a shitbox. Some vehicles still have mile long wait lists and moronic markups but for normal to low demand shit there are still deals to be had. It's not the pandemic era anymore.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The average price paid for a new car is still increasing every year. It's up to $45k now.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Because people like higher end vehicles like upper trim trucks. That's where you see the demand and markups.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>The big 3 here currently have ads running for $10k off half tons.

yes, but at what markup, dingus?

thats like those Amazon items with clip coupons, but are marked up the amount of the coupon. (dont tell me the rest of you havent noticed that shit)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're only paying a markup on the $80k+ trucks. The $50k XLT's are what are on clearance and they're not marked up.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>50k
            >not marked up
            grow the frick up

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Ultra low mile
    >For qualified lessees
    Yea, that's not you anon, your actual price is gonna be much higher than that

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

TOYOTA
    O
    Y
    O
    T
    A

You fell for the Honda meme

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why does your accord need $5k in repairs? I have a 2005 accord and spend less than $2000 Canadian in repairs per year. Surely you didn't buy the automatic right?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *