>tfw just bought a brand new car and wont have to worry about it breaking down for the next 6 years

>tfw just bought a brand new car and wont have to worry about it breaking down for the next 6 years

feels good man. Must suck being poor and having to play russian roulette everytime you buy a used shitbox with fart infused seats

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You expect your car to break down in September? Yeesh

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

based

sneed

normgroid math: $5k down and $600/month car payment for 84 months is """cheaper""" than a $5k shitbox plus $5k of repairs spread across 84 months at $59/month

poor

did you create this thread twice moron?

also must be one shitt ass new shitbox if fart infused seats live in your head rent free still

mad

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

molested as a child

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Was going to comment that you btfo him and call OP a moron for writing "months" instead of "years"
      but he didn't, you are a spastic

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

He edited his comment

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

normgroid math: $5k down and $600/month car payment for 84 months is """cheaper""" than a $5k shitbox plus $5k of repairs spread across 84 months at $59/month

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

but your 5k shitboxs looks like shit and makes you look trashy. Its like wearing walmart clothes vs designer clothes, except the new car actually offers other benefits unlike the designer clothes which is the same as walmart clothes

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

There are no new mainstream production cars that look anywhere near as good as any 10-20-year-old shitbox
        The entire production of Dodge Magnums look better than a new Corolla

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>dodge magnum

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'll stand by that
            2024 Corolla looks worse than a Dodge Magnum

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

All Toyotas are butt ugly, people do not buy them for looks.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

i cant imagine caring about any of this. i make $140k a year btw. how much do you make a year?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

$170k lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

$700k, I walk to work.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Are you kidding? The $500 shitbox makes me look trashy. The $5k one makes me look like a mature gentleman who simply does not care for electronic driving assistance

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You ride the bus.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

did you create this thread twice moron?

also must be one shitt ass new shitbox if fart infused seats live in your head rent free still

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

New cars are piles of shit. Everyone I know that's bought 2020 on newer has had it in the shop fora week+ over gay shit

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

cope

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>tfw i take my decades old car on a several hour long-road trip without even batting an eye while my coworker worries about her 2019 corolla breaking down doing the same thing

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is why I'm ship of theseus-ing my shitbox. By the end of it I should have a "new" car for less than buying new. I should get another 20 years out of her by the end of it.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I daily shitboxes, and rent a truck for any road trips i take. not putting boring highway milage on my car.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I thought the same thing in 2021, but bailed after a year. New cars just suck.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not a problem if your not a wrenchlet.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Poorgays seething ITT

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I can buy the car you took out a loan on with cash, but will continue to drive my 2012 civic.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>outing yourself as a total wrenchlet
    LOL @ that skill gap

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

as someone who owns 5 80s cars (mostly in good shape though), you're not wrong, but new cars are all just so gay and lame i can't realistically see myself getting one. can't put a price on sovl

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm a wrenchlet getting their first car. I was starting to consider going new cause you'd think having the car from the very beginning means it'll last a super long time, right? And I get to care for it from the very beginning so surely that must be good, right?
    I'm not so sure about that now though. It's still pricey compared to a shitbox and insurance was double that of an older car for me. Unless I get a real lemon with costly repairs, I don't think new is really worth it.
    Side question, how much should I cap my budget for a used car? I just one an A to B car for now. $5k still fine?

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>wont have to worry about it breaking down for the next 6 years
    Kek fricking wrenchlet. Dudes so happy to be driving some rental spec shitbox. Me id kill myself before I ever hopped into whatever modern leasebait you fell for.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

homie your ride will get hit by someone. That's how life goes. It will get hit and will be permanently fricked by like frame damage. Heed my words. If you live anywhere near a Hispanic city you're fricked.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

what car did you get

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>bought
    >not leased
    enjoy worrying about everything getting beat, scratched and dinged, meanwhile I'll enjoy wrecking my 7 Series and cycling through new ones whenever I want to offroad them

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ricer wrenchlet moron

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>wont have to worry about it breaking down for the next 6 years

It will still break down, you just won't have to pay for it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

source?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

As someone who had a new car for 1 year I can confirm this. But the breakdowns still cost you money, cause for example they might tow the car to the nearest dealer 200 miles away, but the shop is closed when you land there, so the car cant be fixed till the next day. (Literally happened to me) so you have to get a loaner car and 15 gallons of gas or stay in a hotel. Plus 2 days are wasted. And they pass off defects as not actual issues. For example I found out that my AC wasnt very good when the heatwave hit and the car was pretty warm with max ac, they said thats normal but I insisted. so I had to wait a week for the dealership to check it over and top off the system and they said it was a courtesy that they didnt charge me cause thats not under the warranty frick that shit. My 90s car has a freezing ac, I can see my breath as I drive in the blazing sun on 115°F days. And its nearly 30 years old with 250k miles. Plus its faster and better handling than the new car I was financing

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

What car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Busaru RxW with every upsell

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>For example I found out that my AC wasnt very good when the heatwave hit and the car was pretty warm with max ac, they said thats normal
          It is normal, they use absolute garbage refrigerants now that don't work for shit and need to be at incredibly high pressures to do anything.
          Meanwhile the r134a that they banned for "destroying the environment" is dumped straight into the atmosphere by the ton because it is the chemical used in those cans of air everyone uses to dust their electronics.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

regassed mine with a propane/isobutane mix, haven't looked back since. after about 15 mins the AC gets uncomfortably cold zozzle

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No, the car was low on refrigerant from the factory. Or sitting a while before I bought it. After they fixed it, It wasn't as cold as a proper 90s car, but it was good enough.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>as I drive in the blazing sun on 115°F days

Phoenix, Arizona?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Actually central wa and pooregon frequently get that hot in the summertime. And one year there was that artificially generated heat dome that extended 105°F+ temperature over the ocean and well into bc for about a week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Western_North_America_heat_wave#Temperature_records

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I experienced hardcore financial hardship with my family once before and know what it felt like having no choice but to drive a beater around. That sort of experience leaves a real scar on you growing up.

Now we are all recovered, I drive a paid off brand new truck. I don't even like trucks that much, I just wanted to isolate myself from the unwashed masses.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Used Porsche
    Or for the same price
    >Brand new Tesla

Very hard choise

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the tesla will unironically get you more attention and pussy

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Sure

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If by pussy you mean troony dilation wounds/gay men's asses then sure

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have over 100k sitting in a savings account, and I still drive a rusted '05 civic.

I'm a blue-eyed Anglo-Saxon, so I don't need a "nice" car to prove myself.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>100k in a bank account

have a nice day you moron

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>$100k in a savings account
        lmao what a moron

It earns me 300$ a month, with no risk.

Sorry I don’t waste my money on shitcoin crypto scams, like you poorgays.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why would you do that instead of a money market fund for hardly any more risk

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>$100k in a savings account
      lmao what a moron

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

not him but i've got $1.2m in mine
        what's so bad about that?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          It earns me 300$ a month, with no risk.

Sorry I don’t waste my money on shitcoin crypto scams, like you poorgays.

Your money is just losing value moron. Just dump it into a basic S&P500 fund. Actual room temperature IQ tier.

• 1 month ago
            p

Some high-yield savings are around 3% right now. S&P is overdue for a correction, I wouldn’t invest a dime in that Ponzi scheme current date. Wait for the dip

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>around 3%
            Shop around, bruh.
            Now... when the frick is the market going to crash so I can go all in on Index funds? I feel like I've been waiting forever.

• 1 month ago
            p

I highly doubt that’s a savings account

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It is, but it's a pain in the ass to move money around and feels like transfers always take at least three business days.
            I would tell you the name of the bank, but I'm paranoid. I found it last year when it was mentioned in a nerd wallet article.

• 1 month ago
            p

and then everyone clapped

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

High yield accounts are giving 5%

>this line will go up forever trust me bro
            not falling for your tricks, schlomoberg

Yeah that thing that has averaged 10.8% yearly returns since it started is definitely going to suddenly stop

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>this line will go up forever trust me bro
            not falling for your tricks, schlomoberg

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

i think it's because the interest is usually so low that you may be better off putting it in shares or something. i dunno i'm not a DAbro.

24. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

your hyundai wont outlive a one-eyed pigeon

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My seats are leather, farts bounce right off.

26. 1 month ago
    p

Your car will still breakdown as most new cars are shit.
    >bbbut I have a warranty!!
    Who cares homosexual, you’re still paying more. Warranty is baked into the price.

27. 1 month ago
    The poster formerly known as A freakin Audi

I don't buy new anymore.

The sweet spot is somewhere between 3-4 years used with ~30k miles. Typically a new generation has come out and reduces the price further. I can grab that for less than half the price new. Spend an extra $200 on an oil change, brake fluid, coolant, etc. and you're set.

The guy who sold it to me can go out and buy the brand new model, and you can repeat my process in 3-4 years.

He gets to enjoy his new overpriced toys, the dealers get their markups, you get an affordable ride. World keeps spinning.

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>breaks down in 2 years

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My shitbox has given me 10 years of reliable service so far.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *