>that moment when you realize modern cartoon fans will one day feel nostalgic for the current day shows and that we will witness the rise of zoomer...

>that moment when you realize modern cartoon fans will one day feel nostalgic for the current day shows and that we will witness the rise of zoomer writing that might be far worse than millennial writing.
Pearl was right it's so fricking over.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

NEW THING
    BAAAAAAAD

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

In cartoons? Absolutely.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Bad doesn't give it enough justice how about "atrocious"?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sentai has been pretty good lately so this isn't true, DA properties and the west in general is just nepotistic and incestuous as frick because minorities are making shit that only appeals to themselves instead of just good stories in general.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

we simply reached peak media a few decades ago and almost everything is just bastardization of those things. We have our exceptions like smiling friends but that's about it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Media's been on a constant decline since the late 90s, so yes. There might be a revival but all forms of the entertainment industry are absolutely fricked right now.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You are incredibly sheltered to believe that.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

No not really, there's plenty of interesting independent media still but mainstream media has been on a steady slide downwards since the dawn of the new Millennium with the most notable drop coinciding with the 2007 - 2008 Global Financial Crisis. You'd genuinely have to have no knowledge of pre-21st Century media to believe otherwise.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

NTA but I feel like the early 00s were still OK but everything after kind of got really shitty really fast.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nah there's been a pretty clear erosion of quality in the mainstream for a while now. Film went from basically a sandbox of ideas to being dominated by reusing existing IPs, music went from highly diverse in the 90s to extremely generic and safe today, etc. Like the other guy said there's plenty of underground stuff that's still good but the mainstream is a fricking shit heap right now.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Unironically yes.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Correct

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No, wrong.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you already see it for honestly bad cartoons something always has fans like transformers beast machines or thundercats 2011

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Like how I was watching the Johnny Test theme and the comments were all zoomers going "Yoooo this shiet was the best cartoon evar!!"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No one did that, Zoomers are smarter then that.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You made those posts with a throwaway account.

yes those too, you were just a kid when you watched those and so think they're good

No, you're lying and you're delusional, seek help.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

that is a normal thing to feel.
    We all have nostalgia, even for things that are objectively garbage, like S.U.

If you go to a few older mobile games YouTube videos you can see people being nostalgic for them as well.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Thats not going to happen, people have limits and nobody is nostalgic for 70s crap.

Unlike with cartoons people like Jeremy Parish are making sure that never happens as video games are extremely well documented and makes sure what is acceptable and what isn't, and mobile games are not acceptable.

It's 3DS games those people are nostalgic for, they avoid mobile gaming like the plague.

https://i.imgur.com/7vZTV6c.jpg

>"Guys listen! I am making a sandwich, but not just any sandwich! The PERFECT SANDWICH!"
      >"I spent several years training with the sandwich monks to create the PERFECT SANDWICH!"
      >"I scoured the planet to find the perfect ingredients for this PERFECT SANDWICH!"
      >"Watch me prepare the ingredients for this PERFECT SANDWICH in the most unnecessarily over the top ways possible! HIYA! LETTUCE KICK! SAMURAI SWORD SLICED HAM!"
      >Colorful text pops up on screen with each movement in an effort to appeal to the gaming demographic "+30 points!", "Sandwich level up!", "C-C-COMBO BREAKER!"
      >"My PERFECT SANDWICH is complete! FEAST YOUR EYES ON ITS PERFECTION!"

Theres a reason why people still talk about the original Teen Titans series and not Teen Titans Go.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>nobody is nostalgic for 70s crap.
        Rocky Horror Picture Show is still a cult classic and people still remember it fondly.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm talking about cartoons.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not personally a fan but there's a whole mess of 70's Scooby-Doo.
            Though the original series is 69 to 70. Not sure if you want to count that or not.
            Like I said I personally don't like Scooby-Doo all that much but there's definitely a fan base for it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Related.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>He's here
            ABANDON THREAAAAAAAD!!!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That wasn't even made by Famicom; Why do you think anyone who makes a chart is Famicom when he isn't even the only one who makes them here?

Pic related.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No you won't get me arguing with you that the 70's was full of a lot of garbage. Just clarifying that I think "nobody is nostalgic for 70's crap" might be slightly hyperbolic. Just a bit. And I'm not being sarcastic with that either I'm telling you right now you're not far off the mark at all.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tfw you get cucked by a fat loser wannabe rocker who can’t afford a house.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Who do you think payed for Steven's house? He just can't afford two houses.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Zoomers are not capable of nostalgia, they are soulless postmodern insects brainwashed to hate any sacred legacy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Implying zoomers will be able to write

have a nice day
      fricking please
      what do you stand to gain by mocking us so fricking relentlessly when you are probably fricking middle aged. Touch grass, talk to your kids and stop cooming. If anything, we've seen how you millennial subhumans took what Gen X made, pissed it into the ground and then permanently screwed the generations after you. You tumblrina homosexuals are worse than what anyone claims the boomers are. Frick all of you.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nice rant zoomie you should upload it to ticktock for some nitro subs or femboy sighs or whatever you creatures are into 🙂

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That moment when you realize the 2010s aren't the current day.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think we reached the tipping point where things will get back to the status quo. that means zoomer writing will just be using tropes directly without any subversion or meta joke/commentary because they will think the latter are cliché.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm mostly a DA guy but I've already been seeing it for the last few years. Stuff that was torn to shreds on release and called the worst game in the series by DA, is suddenly considered the gold standard now that the generation that grew up with it is using DA. I hate being 30

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm 40. It's weird what stands the test of time and what doesn't.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

are you sure it's not DA being contrarian like always?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Some of its, but a lot of it is clearly people pining over childhood memories without outright saying so.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's because tons of zoomers don't have much experience with older games, some will try them out and realize the newer stuff is nothing special or just worse

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The Zelda cycle has been observed for ages now. To some extent, it's understandable. A lot of things become clearer in retrospect, good and bad alike. When a series does go through some observable decline, it becomes easier to forgive certain flaws, because you more clearly see that things weren't as bad as they could be. But yes, new waves of nostalgia is a part of it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

DA attacks anything with any popularity, which most things that are good get to some degree. Over time hate dies down as games become irrelevant and then it's just the people who actually like them still wanting to talk about them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>new thing becomes old
      >SUDDENLY it’s good
      Classic DA

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It doesn't work like that.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Quite the dichotomy that you are trashing the state of modern cartoons while posting Viral Marketverse, the most "came and went" cartoon in recent memory

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>modern cartoon fans will one day feel nostalgic for the current day shows
    you mean autistic tumblrites? yes, but kids were watching baby shark videos in youtube

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>"Guys listen! I am making a sandwich, but not just any sandwich! The PERFECT SANDWICH!"
    >"I spent several years training with the sandwich monks to create the PERFECT SANDWICH!"
    >"I scoured the planet to find the perfect ingredients for this PERFECT SANDWICH!"
    >"Watch me prepare the ingredients for this PERFECT SANDWICH in the most unnecessarily over the top ways possible! HIYA! LETTUCE KICK! SAMURAI SWORD SLICED HAM!"
    >Colorful text pops up on screen with each movement in an effort to appeal to the gaming demographic "+30 points!", "Sandwich level up!", "C-C-COMBO BREAKER!"
    >"My PERFECT SANDWICH is complete! FEAST YOUR EYES ON ITS PERFECTION!"

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gen x people arent dead yet, you know that right?

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

But Steven Universe is one of these shows. Jesus Christ I've never seen a post lack this much self-awareness.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I had and have a genuine love and crush on pearl. Hated that she wasn't real when I would watch su. Jealous in a way of that weirdo dude who worked on the show

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Implying zoomers will be able to write

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Trvthnvke: all cartoons by all generations are shit because cartoons are shit

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've felt that way ever since I saw people going crazy over Spongebob. I just don't get it, man.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

anon... I just think you don't like cartoons

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No spongebob just sucks ass

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Not the first 3 seasons and the first movie.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yes those too, you were just a kid when you watched those and so think they're good

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>mfw we're starting to see people who actually like Daken as a character because they grew up with him and would be excited to get a Marvel movie where Daken appears

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

that might not happen because kids don't watch tv no more, it's all youtube and tiktok and shit unless you're talking about cartoons on the internet like onzellig and that circus one on youtube, those already have cult like fanbases of autistic zoomers

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks like it happened to you.
    I don't feel joy in seeing it happen. In fact I really feel awful when I see it. But it does seem like it happened to you. I'm sorry anon. I really am.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You will probably be coworkers with people who have nostalgia for Coco Melon when you have grey hair.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>through away account.
    lmao moron

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The typo was fixed.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>n-no I deleted the post and made a new one!
        look at this moron and laugh

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

There was a typo in the old post, people make typos all the time.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *