The Chevy Silverado EV is here!

That'll be $97,000, please.

Will this Chevy Avalanche looking EV finally win you over? Mary Barra is betting si,si.

https://www.theautopian.com/the-2024-chevrolet-silverado-ev-rst-first-edition-is-too-much-truck-for-too-much-money/

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla and Rivian are the only American companies who have figured out how to make electric cars.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the Bolt is good, and without the quality issues that plague tesla.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the Bolt is good
        >conveniently forgets the whole battery recall

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

its another brainlet thinks manufacturers fixing a product for free is bad meme.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

how about stop being a brainlet of buying bad cars from bad manufacturers in the first place?
            >MY CAR IS GOOD CAUSE THEY FIXED A CRITICAL PROBLEM THEY CAUSED FOR FREE
            jfc I can't even.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

better stick to your bus, then. since all manufacturers have recalls and would therefore be bad.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>car is good!!!
            >recall 100% of them because bad.
            Tell everybody here that you rode the shortbus to school without saying you rode the shortbus to school in a single post.
            Oh wait....

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

its another brainlet thinks being a beta tester for manufacturers without even getting paid is somehow getting a good deal.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

how about stop being a brainlet of buying bad cars from bad manufacturers in the first place?
          >MY CAR IS GOOD CAUSE THEY FIXED A CRITICAL PROBLEM THEY CAUSED FOR FREE
          jfc I can't even.

>car is good!!!
          >recall 100% of them because bad.
          Tell everybody here that you rode the shortbus to school without saying you rode the shortbus to school in a single post.
          Oh wait....

The bolt recall was 100% the fault of LG, the battery supplier, not GM.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Idk what you're talking about but rivian is hemorrhaging cash

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>$97k
    kek, hard pass. At that point I'd be getting a Grand Wagoneer instead, who cares about gas mileage if you can afford a 100k truck

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>9,000 fricking pounds
    i'm not of those truck seething walkable-city gays
    but....

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's obscene.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You will be when 10,000 trucks make every road impassable tbh.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ironically city buses do the most road damage. They make ruts in the pavement which are annoying but don't make the road impassable. The roads are already being pounded by millions of 7k lb 3/4 ton pickups so another few thousands pounds won't make shit exponentially worse.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The DOT officials that approved this fricking Tank should be indicted.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ugly slow gay

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Who the frick asked for this shitheap?
    >Oh no, some people don't like the Hummer namesake
    >Quick, change the front and call it a Silverado

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's been in my head since it was revealed. It's literally just the Hummer EV. If they make a Silverado SUV it's just going to be a Hummer EV SUV. I still can't be convinced of the difference

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Isn't the 9k lb curb weight eating a lot into the max tow+payload capacity? Aren't civilian licenses limited to 10k in some states?

Did they bother to keep the rear steer? Maybe implement it into their towing nanny to parallel park a trailer.

Imagine how much money they're wasting on the sheet metal press tooling for the low-volume panels. It even looks like it's using a unibody tub.

Can anybody actually give me one good reason this launch might fail?

I mean, sure:
        >EV sales are cratering
        >EV's are piling up unsold at dealer lots
        >the F150 Lightening has been a complete bust at $79k
        >Rivian is losing $38k per vehicle
        >public EV charging network failures are well known
        >prominent EV companies are failing
        >consumers are tapped out in general

In all honesty it sounds like this $97,000 electric pickup is exactly what the market wants right now, and will break sales records.

Automakers have been flooding dealer lots with high margin luxury trim pickups that sit baking in the sun until model refresh.
        I'm certain this will buck that trend. Clearly the people were just holding out for an EV variant.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Clearly the people were just holding out for an EV variant
          I'm not a Trug guy, but that bro-Dozer market has zero interest in EV trucks.
          & the working class has no interest either.
          time is money, and a EV braking down or needing to charge multiple times a day is a deal breaker for anyone who uses a truck to work

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Makes sense if you can abuse farm truck write-offs and schedule c.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>That'll be $97,000, please.
    I'll wait 3 years and get it for $48k. Probably for less considering how quickly the EV space is evolving in terms of technology and capabilities.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can anybody actually give me one good reason this launch might fail?

I mean, sure:
    >EV sales are cratering
    >EV's are piling up unsold at dealer lots
    >the F150 Lightening has been a complete bust at $79k
    >Rivian is losing $38k per vehicle
    >public EV charging network failures are well known
    >prominent EV companies are failing
    >consumers are tapped out in general

In all honesty it sounds like this $97,000 electric pickup is exactly what the market wants right now, and will break sales records.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Man, you gave 7 really strong reasons why it won't sell. My only counterargument is its a chebby and some consumers are so brand myopic they'll buy any frickin shitbox as long as it has a gold bowtie on the front.

GM generally makes junk but sometimes when you raise the price on garbage more people buy it. See: Veblen effect, and price quality heuristic. $80k EV pickup bad. $100k EV pickup good! They're the same pickup.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I just don't understand anyone laying down that sort of money for an uglier, less interesting chebby EV when the Hummer EV is similarly priced.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I've now seen TWO hummer EVs. Those are $140,000 trucks before dealer markup. Why the frick is anyone buying a rivian or hummerEV or an F150 lightning? They're all over $100k trucks that are about as useful as a $40,000 V6 pickup. Oh because you can go 0-60 in 3 seconds. Thats basically it. They're all banking on the 1 and only party trick and "its new and expensive" to sell them.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So fricking heavy it'll collapse bridges.
    Batteries are such a meme.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek this might actually become in issue given hold shitty America's infrastructure is getting.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Holy shit, a truck that weights almost as much as an average Texan.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Saw it at the auto show, I don't even want to look up how much one of these tires cost

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

costs more than my 315 semi slicks lel

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>24"
      WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK!

https://i.imgur.com/I4TLOIv.jpeg

Same as above. That's about how much 4 tires for my car cost, with installation.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>59 MPGe highway.
    top Kek.
    is the power of a 9,000lb truck?

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why do they have to be so ugly?

14. 3 weeks ago
    p

that’s heavier that the 3500 4 door dually

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cleetus just ran one around his circle track. He knew he was shredding the tires driving it kinda fast.

https://i.imgur.com/I4TLOIv.jpeg

pointed out the EV truck tires are $600 a piece before mounting and balancing. These EV truck owners are about to find out tires and brakes are going to cost more than the truck is worth because they wear out more than twice as fast. Every 20,000 miles they have to spend $4,000 on tires and the 2-post lifts at most tire shops cannot safely lift these heavy trucks.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

fuggg forget the little screenclip I just did.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Be hummer 2000s
          >Be made fun of for being huge and dangerous to other road users
          >Be hummer 20224
          >Be made fun of for being huge and dangerous to other road users
          This thing deserves every letter of the name

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was behind them at separate times on my motorcycle. Remember the original xterra where random body panels had stupid do-nothing bulges for body panels? Thats how the HummerEV looked. I know there was nothing behind these random bulges and "styling" that just makes them sad to look at?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Most tire shops have floor jacks too because many vehicles don't suit the baby lifts. Any tire shop worth a shit already puts tires on dump trucks, service trucks and other large straight trucks.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bread and butter of every tire shop is regular passenger vehicles. Most 2 and 4 post lifts will do a 3/4ton truck as an upper limit. Heavier vehicles like rolls, old iron, and dump trucks they won't pick them up. Floor jacks are because they're just faster with a decent crew. Great, now you have floor jacks lifting 10,000 lb vehicles, they need strong jacks and can charge more for a tire change.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>dump 100k into a EV truck
    >1500+ monthly payment
    >loose 40k as soon you leave the lot
    >440 mile range drop by half in few years
    >pulling shit kills that battery
    >weighs 9k lbs
    >so any j-walker hit is kill
    >no clearance
    >the manufacturing of the battery pollutes the earth more than gas
    >might explode at any minute
    >if go boom kills the driver instantly
    >toxic gas floods the surrounding aera
    >burn a giant hole in the earth
    The only upside is you can lay down the back seats and extend the bed to 9ft, ironic that can do that "safety violation" in a EV.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the manufacturing of the battery pollutes the earth more than gas
      NTA but just to clarify; just making a single EV battery is like driving a V8 mustang for I think 120,000 miles in terms of environmental damages. Thats the break even point for pollution where an EV will pollute 'less' not accounting for disposal of the battery pack. That also does NOT account for EVs being significantly heavier chewing through tires and brakes much faster and throwing more tire/brake dust into the air known to be fricking up the environment, air, water, and soils along with manufacturing of tires.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Dealer tech here, EVs with my brand almost never used their brakes. I've seen cars with 80k miles with 10mm of pad still. The tires are another story. The customers get pissed when they hear they have to get new tires again after barely 20k miles

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>so any j-walker hit is kill
      wtf I love EVs now

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yeah nah ill get that little toyo pickup

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *