>the cybertruck is bulletproo-ACK

>the cybertruck is bulletproo-ACK

CRIME Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It was designed to stop 9mm lead bullets just like a police vest. I would expect any specialty bullet or rifle round to go right through it, just like a police vest.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

sounds like a load of cope

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>it was designed to stop rounds nobody uses
        Yeah, we know. It's marketing.

https://i.imgur.com/rSFMvBM.jpg

>9mm lead bullets
        kek is this for real? Nobody uses lead 9mm bullets, not even the most broke inner city trash.

How bulletproof is your truck?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

how piercy are your hubcaps?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>deflects to something else
            Why does Tesla make you seethe so hard?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>cant answer the question
            kwab

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>asks question with absolutely no relevance to the rest of the thread of the conersation at hand
            >"why won't you answer it?
            Based low IQ tesla seether

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>still cant answer the question
            kwarb

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

How many dicks have you sucked?
            You have to answer the question btw.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Hahahahaaha
            I called that one when it was still in beta phase.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So how bulletproof is your truck then?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

How bullet proof is yours?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

What do you think I'm a truck owning moron? Lmao
            But if you're going to shit on the cybertruck for not being bulletproof enough you'd better own an armoured car or APC or something.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you pass my gatekeeping rules

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>yeah it's more bulletproof than any other truck, but it's still not bulletproof enough so it's bad

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>pulling out has lower pregnancy rates than a full on creampie, but it's not as good as a condom so it's still pretty bad
            Tesla is the one making the claim that it's bulletproof. Considering 3mm stainless won't reliably stop even 9mm, it's dishonest marketing at best, and fraudulent advertising at worst.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Lol kid the cybertruck stops SHOTGUN bullets, it's fricking bulletproof now stop fricking talking.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Shotgun pellets are 1800s tech, including slugs

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>SHOTGUN bullets
            >shotgun
            >bullets
            Do you have any idea how easy it is to stop buckshot and slugs? They have a lot mass but no speed.

lol ok noguns kids.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Damn, it's like I'm really on /k/ back in 2012.
            >calling others noguns when you call shot or slugs "bullets"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm a gunwriter

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>SHOTGUN bullets
            >shotgun
            >bullets
            Do you have any idea how easy it is to stop buckshot and slugs? They have a lot mass but no speed.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>babies first "bulletproof"
            Everything that has ever been claimed to be bulletproof in the history of mankind has been able to be penetrated by bullets.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Anon, there's a difference between saying something is bulletproof until you start throwing high-caliber, AP rounds at it, and saying something is bulletproof because it stops .22lr and maybe 9mm if you get it at an angle.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>one is called "bulletproof" - even though it only stops some bullets and not all bullets
            >the other is called "bulletproof" - even though it only stops some bullets and not all bullets

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>blatant lies vs reasonable expectations of function

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>"blatant lies"
            >because it doesn't stop all bullets
            >just like everything else that's ever been called bulletproof

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nothing that is actually bulletproof is light enough to move on wheels, and nothing that is completely bulletproof is light enough to move at all. If it moves we call it bulletproof when it has a good chance of stopping a bullet that is likely to strike it, given the natural habitat of a cuckertrugg i would say it would have to stop at least a .223 to be called bulletproof.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

In the gun industry "bulletproof" means handgun rounds not including 7.63 Tok, but .357 and .44 Mag, but no rifle rounds from any combat rifles
            There are specific ratings but not for the general term "bulletproof"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don't really believe in "bulletproof" without the class next to it, also, here for things to be certified against handguns they have to stop a 9mm Para and 7.62 Tok. The general term without the spec is bogus. I was however talking more about the agreed concept of common sense bulletproof, sometimes a class IIIa vest is bulletproof, but if i were to go into actual combat if it doesn't come with a hard plate i would not consider it buletproof gainst what i'm about to get thrown at me.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The classes are mostly just marketing since a bulletproof shirt that's level 3 and stops the bullet after it careens through your spleen is technically bulletproof, and no one will ever quantify against Tokarev since most of that special ammo was never used and rarely fired at Westerners
            Hard plate or nothing is a decent approach, bulletproof armor is a heavy waste that could be used to carry something useful

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>stops the bullet after it careens through your spleen
            You know actual NIJ tests include back deformation right?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah but back deformation isn't an actual measurement of how energy is transferred

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

5.56 is a bit much to ask for a production, consumer vehicle, but it should have at least been IIIA equivalent for the claim.

In the gun industry "bulletproof" means handgun rounds not including 7.63 Tok, but .357 and .44 Mag, but no rifle rounds from any combat rifles

>but .357 and .44 Mag
            Which would punch through that thin ass panel like butter. The one level II plate that was steel and not kevlar/composite I could find was over twice as thick as the Cybertruck panels.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm not a metallurgist and stuff people can make that stops magnum cartridges is amazing
            That being said, it's too expensive to use for regular production cars, and it's pretty clear no one at Tesla is all that into guns (in any positions that matter, anyway)
            I still think it looks cool because I was a kid just like everyone else here and if someone made a truck like that but it had a fricking engine in it they'd be pre-sold out through 2034

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

For pistols it's way less the metallurgy and more the thickness. If it didn't have a 1500 pound battery or whatever, you could probably get it to stop magnums at the same weight or less, and the steel would be way cheaper if it wasn't stainless.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>stops magnum cartridges
            Level II soft armor stops up to .44mag, IIIa stops hot loaded .44mag. Generally you're not gonna see under level II. The cybercuck sits somewhere between II amd IIIa from what I've seen (one test by guys who didn't know anything other than training ammo existed)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Level II soft armor stops up to .44mag,
            No it doesn't.
            >somewhere between II amd IIIa
            It's barely level II given its paper thin thickness.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Noguns, notraining, nobrains.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Those aren't NIJ ratings, moron. .44mag is IIIA, II is only 9mm and .357mag.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Multiple sources claim otherwise including my duty vest moron. What's wrong with you narcissists? You have to prove you're the smartest person in the thread to the extent you just talk out your ass and get proved wrong repeatedly?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The NIJ literally does not rate level II armor for .44mag, and your own image says the same thing if you actually read it. They only use a couple, very specific calibers, EVERYTHING outside of those is just claims made by the manufacturer which may, or may not be accurate or to the same standard.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>But if you're going to shit on the cybertruck for not being bulletproof
            People are shitting on it because it was marketed as such and is not actually bulletproof. You're a fricking moron.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>another baby's first "bulletproof"
            It is bulletproof

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I own a Ferret armored car, so more bulletproof than the Cybercuck.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ah yes I bet that's a really practical vehicle for everyday use.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

.17hmr and .22 magnum for that matter have that hot loaded effect going for them like 5.7 does, 5.7 being a round specifically designed to penetrate soft armor. It only has slight soft armor capabilities, I wouldn't doubt a hot loaded .20 cal going through it. But what Black person is shooting at you with 5.7? They mostly use 9mm and .380

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's nice seeing someone with knowledge here.
          Higher chance of getting shot at with a freaking mosin nagant then 17hmr

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

He's right for the wrong reasons, which are that .17, .22, and 5.7mm are magical cartridges
            His other reasonings are solid, NGL

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>bullet explicitly moving fast
        >shocked that it went through armor

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>armor

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>hurr durr, muzzle energy is confusing, durr

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>it was designed to stop rounds nobody uses
      Yeah, we know. It's marketing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>9mm lead bullets
      kek is this for real? Nobody uses lead 9mm bullets, not even the most broke inner city trash.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's either up to level II or IIIa. I've seen it stop buckshot and normal power common pistol rounds. Never hot rounds and certainly wouldn't do rifle rounds. Getting shot in the same spot seems to have pass throughs. This was only one independent youtube video I'm going off of though.

/k/unts are laughing at you. 9mm jacketed lead is the most common handgun round. You can make a round shoot hotter and design it to penetrate by making it out of copper or some harder metal. They probably shot this sucker with a rifle round, hardcast, or hot loaded handgun round. The cybercuck's bulletproof capabilities aren't that impressive, what's impressive is that it even stops any bullet but definitely on the lower end of power.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>9mm jacketed lead is the most common handgun round
          No. The most common 9mm are FMJ - those all have steel core.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

FMJ means full metal jacket, it's lead with a thin copper jacket. A soft metal like lead is used so it deforms on impact causing more damage, however drfensive rounds are now mostly hollowpoints because they deform more. Lead core FMJ is the vast majority of training ammo, you don't want to use steel core (rare for handgun rounds, I've actually never seen it) to train because it sparks and lights ranges on fire due to shrubs or unburnt powder lying downrange. They won't even let you shoot bimetal jackets (jackets with mixed steel and copper) because a range will light up suddenly and cause a major flash fire of the unburn powder downrange is ignited.

You are a noguns and I shouldn't even need to btfo you like this on a noguns board.

>.357
            Easily stopped by common soft armor, see

https://i.imgur.com/bIb7DcY.gif

Noguns, notraining, nobrains.

although I think they lumped it all together as magnum. It's nothing special, shit has feeding issues anyway. Tok would've been cool to see modernized, still doesn't pen anything other than cheap armor bought for youtube views.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>FMJ - those all have steel core.
            Turn off your game, go out and touch some grass.
            Most 9mm Para FMJ sold have a soft lead alloy core, having penetrating core ammo is illegal for civilians in most of the world. Also, you are posting a 9mm Mac there and we are talking about 9mm Para.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>penetrating core ammo is illegal for civilians in most of the world
            must be sad being an amerimutt

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Must be even more sad to steal pics from the web without even checking the site just to get pointed out it was an article about cops seizing an illegal arms stash.
            https://www.marica.bg/plovdiv/krimi/kriqt-cql-boen-arsenal-do-kaloferskiq-majki-manastir-snimki

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>looking this up
            he got you homie

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Samegay? Yeah, samegay.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Must be even more sad to steal pics from the web without even checking the site just to get pointed out it was an article about cops seizing an illegal arms stash.
            https://www.marica.bg/plovdiv/krimi/kriqt-cql-boen-arsenal-do-kaloferskiq-majki-manastir-snimki

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I have m80a1 go frick yourself lmao. Normal nigs got green tip

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Steel core 9mm is literally illegal to sell to civilians in US.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

that's not even 9mm luger aka 9x19, that's 9x18 aka 9mm makarov, and military ammo to boot.

Steel core 9mm is literally illegal to sell to civilians in US.

is right, steel core handgun ammo is verboten for zog usa civilians, and that round hunk of shit in the bullet you posted isn't going through anything a lead-core copper jacketed slug isn't. AP ammo is pointy and fast, full stop.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The J in JHP is "jacketed" which is a copper plating around a lead bullet. FMJ is the same thing. Solid copper projectiles in handgun loads are relatively uncommon but some people like the ARX "screwdriver" bullet.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I don't think anyone except for the top onions musk gruppies took the "bulletproof" thing seriously, defnitely no one who ever shot a gun in their life.

>It was designed to stop 9mm lead bullets
      Do you have any idea how much shit a 9mm lead core can go through? Out of curiosity i tried to look up how thick those pannels are and found out it's 3mm of some mutated 300 series steel, this isn't stopping a sharpened turd, let alone a bullet.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>how thick those pannels are and found out it's 3mm of some mutated 300 series steel,
        That was just the prototype, the production model isn't even 2mm thick, and can be as thin as 1.5mm.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Just buy an fn or palmetto state 5.7x28mn pistol and dome tessie Black folk again.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

This is terrible advice
        First the only reason to get a handgun in 5.7 is for Counter-Strike larping
        Second frick PSA they know what they did
        Third, 5.7 was optimized for a 10.4-inch barrel anything shorter than that and it loses basically the only thing going for it and makes about as much power as a black powder load for .38 Spl
        It wouldn't surprise me if the Cybertruck could hold up, maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

A fricking 17 hmr takes it out moron.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah from what pistol

Your ass mad you don't have any m80a1 or good ammo for your guns.

If I'm going to invest in outdated ammo it's gonna be black tips or actual cast lead

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Your ass mad you don't have any m80a1 or good ammo for your guns.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

5.7 is a pointless round considering copper 9mm exists. The AP stuff is expensive anyway whereas copper 9mm or even 10mm is not, and it's environmentally friendly!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Good for them, I shoot 7.62x25 so it doesn't matter to me.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>It was designed to stop 9mm lead bullets just like a police vest.
      no it wasn't. being bulletproof was nowhere in the design brief.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Whenever I see these threads I'm conflicted, because of all the reasons to shit on the cyber truck this is one of the dumbest.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

now that the dust has settled, was this just a prank? I mean they didn't put non-armor proof glass on a car and expect this to work, right?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>was this just a prank?
        My guess is it was a marketing thing hinging on the fact the closest an average tesloid was to a gun is when they called the cops on someone mislabeling their pronouns.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I always hold that it was a marketing plot. The media seethed 24/7 about it. "Ha! Elons so called bulletproof glass shattered when hit with a little ball" everyone clicks the article and sees the cyber truck and goes wow, that's neat looking. I don't care if it has bullet proof glass

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah at the time I openly stated that was a strong possibility, but we'll never know.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The glass isn't bulletproof on that or the production model

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Elon's pretty transparent in his imagine. He's probably the most open person in the entire history of the world where we know the guy's entire family, his emotional outbursts, his thoughts, his daily life, etc.

And its not just the "PR" bullshit, but rather completely unhinged/normal thoughts.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

and trump too
            homie tweets like like my 15yo cousin (female)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'll take 15 year old vs corporate speak pr nonsense that every other executive speaks as

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My homie trump

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

they really convinced motherfrickers that stainless sheet metal would be bulletproof
    homies have gotten real moronic this century, unfathomnably moronic

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>actual armored cars use 1" hardened steel armor
    >cyber truck uses 1/8" sheet metal
    >nogunz acts surprised when the cyber truck isn't actually bulletproof.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Haha what a joke car. Gay even

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>being bulletproof is a selling point

We're halfway to the everyone driving MRAPs joke becoming reality

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

How bullet-proof is it really if the windows are normal car windows?
      They made this b***h extra thick as a joke and then didn't even go through with it.
      Anyone buying this over a real truck is a consumerist idiot.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

im more of an m113 guy myself.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Glad I live in the first world where I don't need a bulletproof car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You don't in the US because bullet proof is a meme. That car is not even bullet proof.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>literally useless in an american post apocalyptic situation where everyone has AR's

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ix-U4Ld4oj0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *