The downfall of Cadillac

Why does the average working professional making good money decide to go BMW/Merc/Audi or Lexus/Acura or even Genesis over Cadillac nowadays?
Is it that Cadillac cars are inferior to their competition?
Or is it that buyers view foreign cars as better status symbols?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Does Cadillac have a reputation of being a "hood car"?
    Are they trying too hard to be German-like sport/luxury cars instead of the cushy floaty barges of the past?
    What could be the reason?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The brand identity of Cadillac is just fricked up beyond all recognition. Are they still busy chasing the krauts' mighty ass at the expense of itself. Or Are they just "the homie cars"? Or Are they supposed to be the floaty car for the geriatrics/boomers?

fpbp

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

caddie sisters?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

how do you explain this

https://i.imgur.com/VH1m3vu.png

black people want German.

then why do all the M models hold value worse than the Cadillacs? why doesn't the market trust BMW's reliability.

then.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>implying homies can afford a bimmer
          >what is supply and demand
          >implying the market trust caddy's reliabilty
          lmao

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

they seem to trust it more than the germans if they're holding value better.

rest of your post is just cope.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

yeah sure the sales say otherwise. Your posts just reek of pure copium.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the sales to what, more blacks? and how does that help their value holding up again?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There are more black professionals buying the kraut cars over other cuckboxes. lmao

>MUH VALUE
            Thank you for confirming that you are 100% poorgay. All your opinions have been discarded instantly.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>i hate Black folk, but these are PROFESSIONAL Black folk!
            jij

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Poor based homie. He should be at a Toyota dealership

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

They are trying to be both, while also trying to ape of the murica bit from the muscle cars the cannibalized from Chevy. It is a fricking mess because Cadillac knows that GM is going to keep them and Corvette forever

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I hate you moronic redditors who want Cadillac to make ‘barges’

What the frick do you think an Escalade is ?

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>better status symbols
    This one. Anyone with taste would go for a manual CT5-V Blackwing over literally any post-E39 slop the krauts have shat out onto our plates to CONSOOM, ever.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The Blackwings will hold value and exchange hands between enthusiast. all the BMW M cars/AMG/Audi RS will depreciate like stones and end up in ghettos.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No one rich is buying a manual to commute.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Who said anything about commuting?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Rich people have more than one car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

look out for the awd and silent and self driving and smarter Tesla Plaid S which costs less and runs a 9.2 in the quarter mile putting down 1025HP and 1025TQ.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>not manual
        lol ok who fricking cares benchracer

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The Blackwings are awesome, but these represent less than a thousand sales a year.
    The M3, M4, M5 sell far more than these.
    One of their best selling cars in the lineup is the Escalade, which no foreign market really competes in.
    I think the CT5 sells alright, though.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

To add onto this, Cadillac sales are pretty consistent, despite their ranking among luxury brands declining in the past two decades.
      But they need to really not get complacent.

https://i.imgur.com/FgdVUjn.jpeg

>better status symbols
      This one. Anyone with taste would go for a manual CT5-V Blackwing over literally any post-E39 slop the krauts have shat out onto our plates to CONSOOM, ever.

But they don't sell as much as BMW M cars. M cars are breaking sales records every year.
      I see that you have sort of taken the angle of the buyer is at fault for being tasteless, and I think that certainly isn't wrong.
      In any case, the vast majority of people aren't buying M cars or Blackwings.
      Why does the suburban Mom get an BMW X5 over a Cadillac XT5?
      Why does a young professional get a BMW 3 series of a Cadillac CT4?

As I said, the Escalade dominates the luxury full size SUV market, because other brands haven't really entered it.
      Maybe Cadillac needs to find another niche. Like full size sedans... not like the CT5, but even larger.
      Or perhaps make a sporty coupe like the ATS.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Better sales ≠ good car. In the US, Nissan sold 100k more Rogues in 2017 than BMW sold cars total, but I'm sure you'll agree the Rogue is anything but good.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Why does the suburban Mom get an BMW X5 over a Cadillac XT5?
        Because the X5 is simply the better vehicle in pretty much every respect. But Cadillacs lack of marketing doesn't help.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The Corvette is the problem with Cadillac.
        They have no halo car. They have no S class/7 series. They can never make a performance car that will overshadow the Corvette. GM is perfectly fine pumping out Escalades and putting together parts bin sedans and crossovers. There is no Cadillac brand, only the Escalade. They could have reclaimed a lot of territory if they put out picrel and not an electric hatchback.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

A coupe like that would not have overshadowed the Corvette though, would it have? This would have encroached on plenty of the S-Class coupe, 8-Series and yes, even the LC500 type personal luxury coupe cars, had it made it to production close to concept. They could have just been releasing an updated version of it now, (probably a hybrid or ev) and we could be eyeing pre-owned first-gens for $30-50 on autotempest right now. I will NEVER forgive Cadillac for this era of their concept cars.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Gm advertising only pays attention to trucks and SUV so barely anyone knows what a blackwind is or a cts in the normalgay market. No marketing also makes it something with no appeal to the market of people that buy a car to flex.
    Gm hasn't marketed a sedan since the death of Pontiac.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Hell, I have never seen a Camaro or Corvette ad in my life besides Transformers. I've seen plenty of Mustang and Challenger ads, although that is sort of besides the point.
      You are right that GM doesn't advertise their "fun" cars or the cars that are supposed to represent their brand, like the CT5, only their npc crossovers like XT4 and XT5 that are built on top of the Chevy Trax and Traverse.

Better sales ≠ good car. In the US, Nissan sold 100k more Rogues in 2017 than BMW sold cars total, but I'm sure you'll agree the Rogue is anything but good.

Well yeah, the car industry operates in segments, from economy to premium to luxury, with fewer sales expected as you move more higher market.
      You might ask, why should we care about the sales of premium or luxury brands if Nissan Rogues outsell all of them?
      I think the sales of upscale car brands shows much more about the culture of car buyers than the sales of an average crossover, at least from the enthusiasts' perspective.
      People who are shopping for luxury cars have many more options than those looking for a base model crapbox, so it's this markets' decisions that can say much more about the car market as a whole.

They look like shit

I wouldn't say so. The CT4 and CT5 are good looking cars. I like their styling. The interior can be said to be cheaper, though.

Cadillac absolutely sucks at marketing. They still think that people care about their cars, when their top seller is always a fricking escalade because there is really no luxury Chevy suburban class

>They still think that people care about their cars
      In other words, complacency? They are complacent in selling to the "loyal American buyer," instead of really pushing the boundaries to be truly luxury.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Pretty much. Cadillac knows that GM will only get rid of them when GM as a company is going under so they don't have to try. Just sell Escalades, sell lucrative government contracted cars, and then every so often do something moronic like the lyric EV just to appease shareholders for GM

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>barely anyone knows what a blackwind is or a cts in the normalgay market

That's a big part of it. I own a 4v Blackwing, I got it instead of an M2/M3 or an RS3, it just was much more appealing. I like it a lot. 90% of people I speak with don't even know what the blackwing part means or that Cadillac makes a performance sedan. I see people get more excited about my wife's Type R than the blackwing because they know what that is, at least.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They look like shit

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Cadillac absolutely sucks at marketing. They still think that people care about their cars, when their top seller is always a fricking escalade because there is really no luxury Chevy suburban class

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

"Eldorado," "Seville," "Fleetwood" These are iconic names for iconic cars.
    Now it's all numbers and letters. German-style.
    Americans are known for giving cool names to our cars, and I think something as small as Cadillac giving interesting names to the lineup would reintroduce the "cool" factor.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yuppies ruined everything by buying forgein shit just because it cost more. It caused the car industry to take the wrong lessons and instead of just making better vehicles to instead rebadge their cars with German style lettering and trying to go into 'sports' for some reason. Now Cadillac has basically cannibalized Chevy in sports cars due to GM being headed by morons and allowing fricking Cadillac sedans and sports cars, which don't sell, to exist compared to the Chevy camaro and Malibu which have proved themselves but desperately needed a refresh

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Chevrolet has the same problem. They're supposed to be the budget fleet brand, Pontiac was supposed to be the sporty badge. GM spent much of the 90s and 00s moving Chevy upmarket which led to the death of both Pontiac and Oldsmobile.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Oldsmobile
          Goodnight, sweet prince.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, I like the V cars but I always thought that the V division should've been given to Pontiac (you know, 'We Build Excitement') instead to turn it into a sportier brand. Cadillac should've gotten the hint from the sales of the Escalade and went all in on big-body luxury instead, with full-size cars like the Sixteen, Ciel, Elmiraj, CT8.

I feel like Cadillac had a resurgence when the CTS came out, but after that they couldn't ride the momentum.

https://i.imgur.com/WWBW5d3.jpeg

Specifically the CTS product placement in muh Matrix.

I'd say it honestly was the Escalade almost more so. The CTS had lots of sales due to it being affordable and relatively large for it's price range, but the Escalade and 2nd gen in particular was *the* one. It's right there in Matrix Reloaded, Tony Soprano drove one, every other celebrity/rapper/etc owned one, those diecast Jada Toys models with "dubs" were everywhere, it was on the cover of Midnight Club 3, showed up in NFSU2, and numerous other places cementing it's place in '00s pop culture.

I hate you moronic redditors who want Cadillac to make ‘barges’

What the frick do you think an Escalade is ?

>What the frick do you think an Escalade is ?
        A lifted, modern luxury station wagon and the closest riding thing to an old school land yacht aside from the late Panther cars. I want Cadillac to go back to making barge sedans/coupes/verts in fact - and I say that as someone that drives an Escalade ESV since it's a comfy barge.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

for me it's because the car's exterior design has been garbage for like 20 years at least now

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>garbage drivetrain unless you buy the absolute top model
    Mercedes is doing the same thing now, its pretty much BMW vs. everyone these days, and bimmer is winning

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

3 and 5 series engine configurations basically match up to the CT4 and CT5 though?
      4 bangers on the 3 and CT4 and you can get 6 cylinders on 5 and CT5?
      I don't think the drivetrain is the problem.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

which fricking caddy has a straight 6 you giga fricking moron

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I said "basically" match up for a reason dumbass.
          You have to be moronic to think the average normie is buying a BMW over Caddy because of a inline 6 vs V6 in the regular commuter variants.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

nobody buying these cars knows what a "straight six" is. they just see 6 cylinders turbo or no turbo and horsepower.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Completely uninformed.

I said "basically" match up for a reason dumbass.
            You have to be moronic to think the average normie is buying a BMW over Caddy because of a inline 6 vs V6 in the regular commuter variants.

They dont match up at all. You can pick any engine you want in a BMW, 4, 6, or 8, even diesel. Caddy gatekeeps the v8 to the biggest and highest trim model only. Their 4 and 6 are utter dogshit and your only options on the smaller models

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>You can pick any engine you want in a BMW
            can you pick one that's reliable?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Its not hecho en mexico by GM so yeah

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

then why do all the M models hold value worse than the Cadillacs? why doesn't the market trust BMW's reliability.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

because theres 1000 Ms for every blackwing

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

there's 1000 corollas for every chevy malibu, yet the corolla holds value better.

why doesn't the market trust BMW's reliability?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

This may be the dumbest post of all time

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

From 2000-2016(ish) all German cars shat the bed in reliability due to them trying to compete with Japanese and smaller cheaper euro brands. Most notably the guy in charge of diamler was a moron who thought he could have mercedes control the planet

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

seems like a more logical answer than the coping turk here

This may be the dumbest post of all time

because theres 1000 Ms for every blackwing

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Well thats just flat out not true. That was the era of the M113, 5G-tronic, various excellent bmw 6s, ZF 6/8 speed, all of which are lightyears better than any made in mexico GM shartbox

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

then why didn't they hold value better?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ok so taylor swift is the best mucician of all time since she sells the most tickets

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yes, better than any rap and Hip-hop despite the fake beef that didn't even chart in the top ten.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Kendricks disses both debuted at #1.
            >the average age of drakes gfs

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>sells the most
            but this is not what i'm arguing, since its the germans who sell the most. your lack of reading comprehension is showing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They made good-on-paper cars that shat the bed in terms of reliability. If you were not in Germany or had access to German parts, then it was a bad idea to buy any German vehicle during the 00's to 16

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So just to be clear, you are lecturing me about MY car, which you dont own, and are not qualified to drive let alone work on, have no idea whatsoever what parts cost (cheap and available on rockauto or at any parts store) which has never broken down or had a serious malfunction of any kind. Very cool

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>b-but my car is good!
            Because you take care of your car and maintain it well anon. You can't use yourself as a reference point

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>If you were not in Germany or had access to German parts,
            >le rockauto is le forbidden knowledge!!!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Maintaining a car well means you had access to German parts anon.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i could point to hardcore cadillac boomers who swear cadillac is more luxurious and drives better and handles better than any shitty BMW. i don't think that single anecdote speaks for german reliability.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The Lexus LS completely buck broke Germans to the point where they felt like they needed to enter the lower markets in order to compete, this continued until 2016 for BMW and litterally right now for Mercedes. Volkswagen tried to cheap but got caught and is now a dead company walking, with Porsche being able to survive

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Every bmw and mercedes from that era has a massive fanbase of 20-30 yos (myself included) dailying them and fixing them on the cheap. Great era for german cars

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

BMW's yes as they are cheap now. Mercedes? Absolutely not. You must be a euro or think some random autistic forum means their is wide appeal

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I'm ignorant of something therefore it doesn't exist

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>MY PRIVATE DISCORD PROVES THAT IT IS POPULAR!!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

chevy malibus are actual shitboxes
            the blackwings are better than modern bimmers in some ways

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Diesels are not sold in America anymore, and 8 cylinder options are all $85k plus.
            Yes the CT5 BW is technically more expensive, but 8 cylinders in both brands are "gatekept" by the high prices anyways. These V8s don't account for much of the sales.

For 4 and 6 cylinder options, there's no doubt that BMW's powertrains are more potent, but they're also somewhat more expensive. There's an easy tradeoff there. I don't how much the average person thinks about how the 3 series' inline 4 and transmission is superior to the CT4's inline 4 and transmission...

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

BMW V8s are complete dogshit. It's not really related to your post, but it needs to be said any time you talk about BMW.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Around 2016BMW realized that there cars were shit and that they couldn't compete in the luxury space, so they thankfully doubled down on sports and in turn reliability

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much, which is why BMW is outselling all other luxury automakers these days.
      Even their EVs are selling and they're turning profits on them. They implemented this radical idea where their EVs are just their normal cars except with a different drivetrain. Meanwhile Mercedes is making blob cars that no one wants

Around 2016BMW realized that there cars were shit and that they couldn't compete in the luxury space, so they thankfully doubled down on sports and in turn reliability

Funny enough modern BMWs have much better put together interiors than modern Mercs, they're pretty much at the top of their game. Merc interiors are cheap, creaky plastic

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I was interested in the Cadillac CT4-V (not a blackwing, just the regular one) but my local Caddy dealership didn't have a single CT4 of any trim level in stock to test drive and couldn't guarantee me an order allocation. So I bought a BMW instead.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Americans are a practical and fun loving people, but they're not the most elegant or refined. That's why they cannot produce luxury goods.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Blame the EPA and Cafe. America use to be the kings of luxury until over-regulations killed them

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/WTnjVVN.jpeg

Americans are a practical and fun loving people, but they're not the most elegant or refined. That's why they cannot produce luxury goods.

americans still are the kings of luxury.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>America use to be the kings of luxury

americans can't even understand what luxury is . Over polished wood and loot of leather does not mean luxury

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

yet they make the best selling luxury car in europe

https://i.imgur.com/6dGwfs6.png

[...]
          americans still are the kings of luxury.

>inb4 "not luxury" cope despite being cross shopped with europe's """luxury""" cars

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Cadillac clinging to this general design language for over two decades now has been a disaster for the brand. Art and Science was cool on the Sixteen Concept in 2003, but nobody cares now and the cars look low rent because of it. I would argue that a Lexus LC does a better job evoking wild 50's Cadillac design than anything GM offers now.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Lexus LC
      that ugly chink razor doesn't look better than anything caddy produces, let alone being in homage to anything from 50s americana. the LC also holds value even worse than the germans, so i don't think the market agrees.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It looks better than everyrhing out of America and Japan right now. It also holds its value better than anything out of America or Germany right now.
        >inb4 you post the M8

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

it doesn't, it actually holds value worse than the NSX, too.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

For a car that ended production 2 years ago to little fanfare you really like spamming it here.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i could say the same about the LC that nobody but weebs care about, yet you're posting it in a thread relevant luxury cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No you can't say the same thing, since the LC is still a current car actively being produced.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Its being produced left to sit on dealer lots. nobody wants it whereas the Blackwing cadillacs actually sold out, to the point where GM even made more on top of the initial ones that sold out.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Good fof GM, but that's also better than your precious Honda.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You can't use the Acura NSX as a comparison as that vehicle was a disaster from day one.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the LC was too, so was the LFA. all Lexus attempt at making something exotic was a failure.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Lexus has the benifit of selling everything else as well as having Toyota money. The NSX failure cascaded to the rest of the brand in Acura and Honda doesn't have the money to support them.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>our two biggest projects was a failure, but at least we have the rebadge avalon to keep our brand afloat
            also Acura and Honda are making another NSX. Honda has money to spare. weird that there's no LFA successor, and the LC is just being left to sit on dealer lots until its canned with no successor, too.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They've already been working on an LFA successor. And again, the LC is not only still currently in production, but it's also moving more units than the nuNSX ever did. Also a new Lexus RC is already beinf developed as a full-fledged racecar for Group 3 racing. My guess is when the LC does end production they use the new RC to fill in that gap. Stay assblased.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>the rumored """LFA successor""" is going to be using batteries just like the NSX
            what happened to muh screaming V10? toyota cucks parading around a car that's going to be built like the NSX anyway. top kek. meanwhile, neither the LFA or LC had any influence on the industry at all.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That wasn't even Toyota, that was Yamaha that made that v10. Toyota made the V8 in the LC

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

regardless, they're admitting the NSX was the right car to make, by making something similar.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yamaha tuned the exhaust of both cars however.

https://i.imgur.com/F3EaAoP.png

>the rumored """LFA successor""" is going to be using batteries just like the NSX
            what happened to muh screaming V10? toyota cucks parading around a car that's going to be built like the NSX anyway. top kek. meanwhile, neither the LFA or LC had any influence on the industry at all.

regardless, they're admitting the NSX was the right car to make, by making something similar.

This is pure delusion.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>This is pure delusion.
            >the only information on the supposed "LFA successor" is that its going to be battery powered
            toyota themselves admitting the NSX's way of doing things was the superior way.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Considering the Prius is so much farther along than the Insight(?) your assertion is backwards.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

its backwards even though Honda went into battery powered super cars first?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Didn't Porsche? So Really, Honda copied Porsche.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

did they? considering the Porsche has a high revving V8 and the NSX doesn't. whatever the case, the car toyota cucks are triggered by is what Toyota ended up turning their LFA into. no more screaming V10.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Lmao. I doubt Toyota will ever let a woman design a car, so again no it wont have anything to do with the NSX.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>is a battery powered car with no more high revving V10
            >your precious LFA successor ditched the very thing you liked about it so much and adopted the very thing you hate about the NSX so much
            also the japs designed the NSX. just another reason for weebs to kill themselves.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>the very thing you hate about the NSX so much
            Don't even hate it, just don't see what's special about it for you to keep posting it. It's fast but not exhilarating, it's sporty but not attractive. It's expensive but not luxurious. The engine isn't antthing to write home about, unlike the LFA, which I admit was the star of that show, because I am not delusional, like you. That's all.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

it made you so asshurt you started foaming at the mouth and losing sight of your original argument just because i "keep posting it" by mentioning even it held value better than the LC that supposedly looks better and holds value better than everything out of the US and Germany.

weebs are absolutely fricking buck broken by that car. its forever a symbol that JDM as they know it is dead. meanwhile, pushrod american V8s that they once mocked live on.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

stay disgruntled

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That shitty cheap plasticy front end looks like they pulled it from a fricking Civic

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>also the japs designed the NSX.
            >if i say it enough it is true
            everyone knows that thot designed the NSX, and if she didnt, it doesnt matter anyway because all the media from Acura says she did, just like how we went to the moon because of 3 black women that some movie say is the reason we went.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

look at the dumb shit weebs say because they can't cope with this car having been made the way it was. you can google the NSX concept yourself and see who designed it. it was always going to look that way, and be a Hybrid V6 because that's what the japanese designers drew up.

You're so desperate to buy into the "americans ruined the NSX by letting a woman touch it" vendetta when in fact the japs are your own worst enemy.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

it made you so asshurt you started foaming at the mouth and losing sight of your original argument just because i "keep posting it" by mentioning even it held value better than the LC that supposedly looks better and holds value better than everything out of the US and Germany.

weebs are absolutely fricking buck broken by that car. its forever a symbol that JDM as they know it is dead. meanwhile, pushrod american V8s that they once mocked live on.

>weeb this
            >weeb that
            Do you even understand what that means amongst all your nsx shilling?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

do you know what "shilling" means amongst your weeb butthurt?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why do you keep deflecting my questions with moronic nonsense? Is this typical of the Honda crowd?
            >these are rhetorical

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the moronic nonsense is in

>also the japs designed the NSX.
            >if i say it enough it is true
            everyone knows that thot designed the NSX, and if she didnt, it doesnt matter anyway because all the media from Acura says she did, just like how we went to the moon because of 3 black women that some movie say is the reason we went.

and

https://i.imgur.com/eFBDZFF.jpeg

>the very thing you hate about the NSX so much
            Don't even hate it, just don't see what's special about it for you to keep posting it. It's fast but not exhilarating, it's sporty but not attractive. It's expensive but not luxurious. The engine isn't antthing to write home about, unlike the LFA, which I admit was the star of that show, because I am not delusional, like you. That's all.

I've already told you why i posted the NSX, but since you're too focused on being triggered by it, you keep making this "Me vs NSX".

>Is this typical of the Honda crowd?
            Yes, they're weebs, and they're probably the most asshurt about this car. they're even willing to trash talk Honda's reliability. you won't hear Vette fans doing that about the vette just because the C8 isn't like older vettes.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I've already told you why i posted the NSX
            Did you? We missed it amongst all your dissertations.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

why do you weeb Black folk talk about subbed vs dubbed anime and you can't even read?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not an answer

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I agree, you being moronic isn't an answer. go learn how to read, and get back to me.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not an answer

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I agree, you being moronic isn't an answer. go learn how to read, and get back to me.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Low quality spam is also not an answer

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I agree, you being moronic and spamming it also isn't an answer. go learn how to read, and get back to me.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The LC is in an awkward spot. It's not a "supercar" like the NSX, it's a GT car. I can't really think if any other car in the LC's class under 150k.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>supercar
            The NSX has never been a "supercar." It's a sports car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's a touring car but you tried.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A touring car is just a sports car with fake backseats

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Was your original post about your butthurt fixation on the NSX or The LC looking better and holding value better than anything? (it doesn't).

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>it doesn't
            It does though. If you'd stop letting it make you so upset I would leave the thread.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

then why does it hold value worse than the NSX you're so butthurt over?
            >inb4 numbers
            see

there's 1000 corollas for every chevy malibu, yet the corolla holds value better.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The NSX not only cost more but was produced less. Next.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

neither of those are relevant to holding value as i've already stated in

. but nice cope.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They are both factors in the price of used (or new/unsold) examples of niche cars. Are you 12?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

if they were, C6 corvettes wouldn't have held value better than 911s, or vipers holding value better than rarer more expensive Mercedes SLR.

the market simply doesn't think the LC is good.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>if they were, C6 corvettes wouldn't have held value better than 911s,
            Which 911 spec?
            >vipers holding value better than rarer more expensive Mercedes SLR
            Which Viper spec?

>the market simply doesn't think the LC is good.
            I will accept these semantics once you also accept that muh markets also deems the SL, S-Coupe, 8-Series etc as even more "not good."

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Which 911 spec?
            C6 vs non GT series 997s
            >Which Viper spec?
            all of them.
            >markets also deems the SL, S-Coupe, 8-Series etc as even more "not good.
            those all hold value better, too.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>all of them
            citation needed

>those all hold value better, too
            citation needed

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

citation needed for the LC being better looking and holding value better than anything out of america and germany whilst holding value worse than the NSX that had little fanfare(kek)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>citation needed for the LC being better looking
            ta-da

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>a polished green turd
            no wonder this held value worse than the car with little fanfare that Toyota is now copying for the LFA.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

stay displeased

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Shame they’re boring as frick and souless. Idk how Toyota managed to frick them yo but they are so lame

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I actually like the design, but they should have introduced it much later than when they did. They started that design right when the retro movement happened which fricked up Cadillac for everything that is not the Escalade.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I actually like this design language. I find it unique among the ANGERY designs that plague modern cars

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

They are a victim of using it for too long and causing people who hate it to hate it forever

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because they cost too much for what you get. Let's be honest here, almost every model and trim they sell underdelivers compared to other brands. The interiors still say "fancy Chevy/GM". Lincoln manages to separate itself from Ford better than that. They aren't a foreign brand either, so they lack an "I'm special and sophisticated" factor, and when buying new, that matters to a surprising amount of people.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I like Lincoln too, but where are the new models? The Aviator and Navigator are carrying everything.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Those are the only models financially stable grandparents are buying, and Lincoln utterly refuses to advertise or cater to anyone else. I still remember how they completely glossed over the fact they put a 400HP twin turbo engine and the Focus RS differential in an MKZ years ago. Like it was some tiny feature that didn't really matter. Sure, it was overpriced, but a price adjustment and some slightly different marketing could have persuaded thousands to move from BMW, because people don't actually track their car anyway and it's more than enough for even freeway driving. My point here is that they just want to fleece grandpas looking for new cars. Only in the used market do they become interesting to the wider market due to using ubiquitous Ford powertrains, which makes them relatively easy to maintain.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Cadillac lowered its own prestige immensely when it felt the need to try and make "sporty" luxury to attempt to complete with the european brands, to attempt to hawk products to europeans, "car reviewers", and north americans that wished they were euros something that they already had too much of. Cadillac should never ever have tried to take on bmw, audi, mercedes, etc. Who cares about a "sport" Cadillac? Frick that, make the best damn comfy slushbox for crossing from Vegas to Reno, or crossing Texas, or to commute from Cody WY to Billings, MN, THATS what they should have done. Should have punched higher and sideways, and released sedans the size of Escalades to try and be a Rolls Royce and Maybach competitor at a more accessable cost point then the fruity euro brands for rich poofs. But no, ~~*we*~~ told them we want sport Cadillacs, and now the brand has dysmorphia. Poor buggers. Just make a fricking Barritz or Brougham again. Make it the size of a F550. Frick, make it a dually and give it whitewalls. I want corpulence, I want veal-leather steering wheels, I want oem whitewalls. Not some off brand euro shit for people with Saudi taste.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It was very odd. You are right that they should have stayed the course, but sales and yuppies were at the time saying otherwise. When the world is telling you to go one way and your brand isn't rich enough to say otherwise, you kinda have to cope and do what the world says, even if the world decides to change its mind the minute you produce exactly what they request.
      Take the supra and the HK MK24 for examples

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This. Cadillac's decline in the 80's and 90's happened because the cars had shitty quality and outdated styling, and not anything inherently wrong with comfortable cruisers as a concept. Poor quality is much harder to address so GM went with the cramped sport sedan route instead.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

BMW is sexy and Audi is fast and comfortable.

Nobody is going to buy a slow comfortable car when there are 3 fast sexy ones for the same price. They’ve had the CT6 and nobody wants it.

Just STFU Reddit morons.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>BMW is sexy

Not any more. They look like pig nosed Edsels.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Same price
        You can get a CT5-V blackwing for far less than an M5. Plus you can get a really good 6 speed MT on it. It also doesn't look like it has chunk teeth glued to the front. At least Audi hasn't decided to make their cars look like shit like BMW, but the RS7 is still kind of disappointing.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Audi literally started the big grill trend

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Your target market is who drives your car and who you want to appeal to.

When Porsche makes a commercial, its families and white men.
    When audi makes a commercial, its familes and white men

When cadillac makes a commercial, its black girl boss who dont need no man.
    Hence when someone goes to buy a cadillac they think the status of the brand is ruined.

USA
    S
    A

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

black people want German.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>want
        want isnt what the COMPANY chooses to do.
        They can want them all they want, BMW isnt putting Tyrone Jackson in their ads

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

instead they're letting Tyrone jackson in their dealerships and selling them BMWs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

could be worse
            In the new carwow video on the new aston vantage the guy asks a question and goes "theres the man from aston martin" and its a short jeet.
            Its over

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Unfortunatly jeets have taken the old GT brands and predictably shat all over them

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>"theres the man from aston martin"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/cJDcW7T.jpeg

could be worse
            In the new carwow video on the new aston vantage the guy asks a question and goes "theres the man from aston martin" and its a short jeet.
            Its over

Unfortunatly jeets have taken the old GT brands and predictably shat all over them

its Jover

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>"FAK U BICHOLD I DRIVE NEW AUSTIN MARTIN THAT MEAN I AM TOP OF CLASS. UOU ARE BROWNER THAN ME! "

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

he doesnt drive them, he works for them which is worse

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're right
            >"DO UOU KNOW WHAT I AM BE WORKING FOR? I WORK AT AUSTIN MARTIN AND I CANN GET POLICE TO RAPE UOU!"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Aston Martin - new Rashart model

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If Tyrone has the money, they'd be complete morons to not let him give it to them, anon.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

they're giving it to Tyrone whether he has the money or not. i just think its ironic that people are posting black people being in cadillac ads when they're buying german cars anyway.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

also Matthew McConaughey was the face of Lincoln.
      Dodge/SRT had that found fathers ad that was super based.
      Jag had those cool villain ads as well:

?si=8ZzhgVzzSXNub5ch

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>and we all drive jaguars
        a spot of burglarly in my jaaaaaaag

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>this will sell our car that used to be driven by al capone, elvis and the president

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

What the frick were they going for? If anything she should be in full corpo or full celebrity look and not like someone's 7th wife.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Lincoln won
          >all right all right allllllllllll riiiiiight

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If Lincoln just released a upscaled Town car with a V8 and had All right man advertise it, then they would easily kill Cadillac.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

reputation of caddies: black rappers, pimps, or drug dealers
    reputation of german/japanese luxuries: doctors, lawyers, executives, or rich immigrants

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The Escalade and it's consequences have been a didaster for Cadillac

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Cadillacs are cheap GM products with lipstick and makeup. Imagine comparing a caddy to a BMW lmao.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

DA, the battleground for the mentally moronic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you forgot anime references

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>chasing the krauts
    how do you chase someone who's behind you.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>willow springs international

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Off the top of my head I remember basically a span of 2010-whenever where their sedan lines had awful engines that were so bad it just became synonymous with Cadillac in general.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I feel like Cadillac had a resurgence when the CTS came out, but after that they couldn't ride the momentum.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Specifically the CTS product placement in muh Matrix.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The early CTS knew what it was and was 5 Series sized for the price of a 3 Series. They couldn’t compete on quality, but the price and styling made it a viable alternative for people willing to try something different. Then when the second gen rolled around GM suddenly had the moronic idea that they were now on the level of BMW and bumped the price up to 5 Series levels and dulled the styling and sales as expected fell off a cliff.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Cadillacs are for retirees
    This is why. Nobody wants to admit they're getting older, so they buy and drive immature track toys to daily despite having a bad back that makes them hate their commute because they feel every pebble in the road. Car marques know that these older people have more money, so jack up prices on those models. Remember that a Ferrari 360 cost 150k new in 2003, whereas the modern successor of the 360 (296) is nearly 400k.

Remember that the average age of a BMW buyer in the 80s was around 35. Now the average age is closing in on 60.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Remember that the average age of a BMW buyer in the 80s was around 35.
      I don't doubt you but where does one source such information?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Remember that the average age of a BMW buyer in the 80s was around 35. Now the average age is closing in on 60.
      BMW keeps getting new records on sales.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>lincoln and caddy both driven by poor old morons
        checks out

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yea, they're taking all the black people that Cadillac is supposedly known for having.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

yeah having more young black professionals is not bad thing for the image of BMW.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Why does the average working professional making good money decide to go BMW/Merc/Audi or Lexus/Acura or even Genesis over Cadillac nowadays?

Is that actually true? I'd take a Cadillac over any of those.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

because they don't put any effort or care anymore they know GM will never close them and the goverment will always bow down to them if they need it so why bother?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

making the best handling platforms in the world definitely sounds like they don't care.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>The downfall of Cadillac

The engines they offer on the higher trims are pretty exciting; but the base turbocharged 4 cylinder on a Cadillac are a disgrace.

They've got a nice shape to their grill; but the weird headlights and black fascia bullshit underneath them ruins the minimalist aesthetic. If they gave it vertical rectangular bar headlights and replaced the black fascia under the headlights with painted body panels. Current Cadillac design philosophy is supposed to be minimalist giving it stupid shaped headlights and mismatch panels that don't match the paint undermines the whole design.

Simplify the designs get rid of the 4 cylinders and they'd be back on the right path. Of course I guess those 4 cylinders are probably there in the first place because of government regulator meddling.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Sadly even BMW is making the dumbest fricking grill designs. I swear some sort of brain fog has overtaken vehicle designers. At least the 4v/5v blackwings have good front ends even if the headlights are a bit odd.

But yea, the 4-cylinder engines are basically to prop up fuel economy. So while you can get a supercharged V8 or a twinturbod v6 in higher trims, the lower ones are basically slight-fancier GMC/Chevy with a shit engine to prop up highway driving mileage. It really downgrades the experience though so they end up catering to neither luxury shoppers -- or pseudo-luxury shoppers like sub-400 credit scores buying a 3-series -- nor the non-luxury market due to cost.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>But yea, the 4-cylinder engines are basically to prop up fuel economy

I don't get why they don't make the base model a 6 cylinder hybrid like the old Toyota Crowns / Lexus GS 450H. 296 horsepower, plus 200 horses from the electric engine giving you good power and MPGs in the high 30s which should be plenty good to satisfy the government. Honestly I'd be much more interested in a luxury hybrid V6 then I would a turbo 4 cylinder.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I DONT CARE HOW FAST IT IS I DONT WANT 4000 LB CARS. I DONT WANT 3500 LB CARS. I DONT CARE HOW FAST IT IS.

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don’t cads have shit reliability compared to other brands?

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your second answer + the fact that Cadillac stopped doing the one thing it was good at - making really fricking beautiful barges that oozed luxury and were ultra smooth on the road

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Working professional here. I would buy one if they made a coupe.
    They never sold one while I had enough money to buy one new.
    Quite unfortunate.

30. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

alot of their shit just does not look good.

shocker, people like cars that look good.

31. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd get the twin turbo CT6 if it could tow my boat.

32. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Or is it that buyers view foreign cars as better status symbols?
    No, had nothing to do with penis either. Shocking, I know. In fact, Caddy, Acura and Infinity never crossed my mind over the years and over three BMW purchases. Never once have I been sitting there at a light thinking, I should have got that Caddy over there. Not even in the running. BMW doesn't deal in junk/econo cars and minivans like other manufactures. True, BMW like Porsche is dipping into crossover and more entry level SUV vehicles, or 1 series BMW and A class Mercedes. But even these are light years ahead of anything from Toyota, Hyundai, Chevy, Ford or Honda. Nothing to do with status, everything to do with far superior vehicles.
    Caddy (New they are driven by old white folks, used is driven by Shitavius)

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

LMFAO beemer zoomer is rearing his head

BMW makes overpriced shitboxes

33. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It all went downhill from here

34. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I still want one
    >low mile

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Look elsewhere. $60k is a lot for 80k miles. I would rather just get a CT4-V Blackwing new off the lot for a bit more.
      I did this same exact search today, CTS-V+manual, and I found much cheaper.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No BW wagon though

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh shit I didn't see that was a wagon.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah 60k for a sedan would be way high
            One wagon w under 50k miles was $80k

35. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

black people cars don't get any of my attention. Besides, why get a Cadillac when you can just get a BMW for a similar price?

36. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like their sedans. The CTS V, ATS V, and all the new Blackwings are really desirable cars for me.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *