> The old cartoons were off TV for 20 years. > Younger millenials and zoomers never saw them

> The old cartoons were off TV for 20 years
> Younger millenials and zoomers never saw them
> They have no love for the characters, and are confused by Bugs and Taz in Multiversus

Is MeTV Toons what we need to ensure future generations grow up to love the characters?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

>Younger millenials and zoomers never saw them
    You clearly don't know shit

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

Look at the comments of any YouTube multiversus video. You'll see

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>Public school
        So Gen A, thanks for playing

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

Don't they know what a six flags is?

>Younger millenials and zoomers never saw them
        You clearly don't know shit

Not everyone can afford those expensive cable packages, I was lucky enough to get basic cable.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

At least they know Bugs

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

This post smells like horseshit. You think kids don't know who Daffy Duck is?

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

NTA but the majority of kids *might* recognize him from either a handful of memes/shitpost or like, "that duck that's on baby clothes" or some shit. Even when I was younger the number kids who knew who various looneytunes were beyond "A character from that show that comes on before/after the good shit like Transformers" was fairly low and that was the 90s.

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

is it really that hard to believe?
          any random boomer could probably name every character in this shot. how many millennials could?

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Brazilians could

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

It's sad how little relevance Woody Woodpecker has now compared to Bugs and Mickey (outside of Brazil).

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Woody Woodpecker is also very popular in the rest of Latam and not just Brazil, msot people remember him because Fox Kids used to spam the shit out of his cartoons during the early 2000s

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

You'd be hard pressed to find a person who doesn't know Woody Woodpecker in italy (don't count kids).

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

the lantz shorts will air plenty on the new metv toons

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>Younger millenials never saw them

This would be referencing Gen Z and whatever is in school now

2. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Yes because walling it off into cable tv was a fricking bad idea

3. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, about that…

4. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Regardless of what you think of this film, it cannot be understated how BiA unintentionally killed the entire Looney Tunes franchise, and it still hasn't recovered in like 2 decades at this point.

5. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

> The old cartoons were off TV for 20 years
    > Younger millenials and zoomers never saw them
    That sounds like a failure on the network's part for not continuing to air the cartoons and expose them to younger viewers

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

yeah, don't know about other countries but cartoon network in mine airs like 5 shows tops and not a single one is a decade old

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

Are you from LatAm? they only spam Gumball and TTG there (heavily censored I might add), they moved all the classic shorts and Hanna-Barbera shows to Tooncast a long time ago a they moved all the anime to the LatAm Adult Swim channel, they even announced they're removing the anime from Warner Channel soon in order to have all those shows on Adult Swim, older Cartoon Network shows like IM Weasel and Courage also only air on Adult Swim LatAm now and not CN, CN is basically a walking corpse

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

I don't know why they couldn't have done that on a late night programming block like it is in the US instead of making a different channel

6. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Next you're gonna tell me these kids don't know Hong Kong Phooey and if they don't that's a damn shame

7. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

It kinda reminds of how some eastern bloc cartoons like the ones from romania and or vice versa countries have stopped airing after for so long!

8. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Remember Boomerang? Plenty of kids watched it. I’m 20 years old and I grew up watching old cartoons, we watched the early Merry Melodies cartoons in music class in elementary school, everyone I know could recognize most looney tunes characters, fricking space jam 2 just came out like 2 years ago and you don’t think the younger generations are aware of looney tunes? Get real

9. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Doesn't this MeTV also show old shows like Matlock and Beverly Hillbillies? Huh. Just checked. They also list the old Adam West Batman show.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *