The perfect car doesnt exist

Does the perfect car even exist?

I’ve become a auto-nihilist as of lately and I can’t seem to find a car that ticks all of the boxes even regardless of budget.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's no perfect car, only the perfect car for your needs
    That's why there's different kinds of cars

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

first of all define good, cheap, and fast. Good in what way? Versatile? reliable? stylish? practical? How cheap is cheap? And how fast is fast?

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cheap commuter car with upgraded suspension and motor, doesn't really matter which one but some brands and specific years/models have way more aftermarket support and a modding scene than others obviously.
    Used to be able to get cheap sports cars too, $5k mustangs and miatas are now about $10k which isn't unrealistic just not as nice as when people were giving them away just to not look at them sitting in driveways.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a C5 is the only car that gives you all three.

Fast
    Good
    Cheap

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I admire the C5, but they weren’t sold in Australia, and the few that were imported here are a minimum of 60k AUD just for a less desirable convertible/automatic.

Early 2000’s GM interiors aren’t great either.

first of all define good, cheap, and fast. Good in what way? Versatile? reliable? stylish? practical? How cheap is cheap? And how fast is fast?

Good
      >intelligent design
      >solid construction
      >reliability
      >safe

Cheap
      >easy to fix
      >accessible parts supply

Fast
      >viscerally exciting to drive
      >sensory experience
      >a little bit scary at times

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Early 2000’s GM interiors aren’t great either
        they hold up well past 500k miles. which meets your
        >solid construction
        criteria for being good. and they're as safe as a sports car can be. don't know what "intelligent design" means.

exciting to drive
        experience
        >>a little bit scary at times
        none of this make something "fast". some dude may describe his CRX in all these ways, but its still a slow shitbox.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Too wide to fit in the road.

Correct answer is always Z3.
      The Coupe is the quadfecta of being very rare because it’s good, fast, and cheap and very rare because it’s very rare.

(And yes, mid 20’s is very cheap for what you get.)

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>McDonald's front suspension
        ugly, gay

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Oh lol it's this Black person who said a sports car can only be x wide to be fun. Lol.

Decade+ old German cars are not good.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I mean lets be honest, its not "good."
      It has leaf springs, like an old horse and cart

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its transverse leaves are nothing like old horse and carts' longitudinal leaves.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>They are leaf springs
          Correct, they are leaf springs.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, and? Transverse leaf independent suspension is good, unlike the ancient longitudinal leaf solid axle setup most commonly found on mustangs and pickup trucks.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I mean lets be honest, they are not "good," and far from desirable, unless you are operating a commercial vehicle.
            They are cheap, thats why they are used on the GM corvette product.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If they were cheap, they would have found their way down to cheaper cars than their flagship sports car and the Volvo XC90.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Both the gm corvette product, and the Volvo product are mass produced for the consumer market.
            The gm corvette product is jot a sports car by the way, if you were mistakenly thinking of it as one.
            Leaf springs are ubiquitous on cheap, mass produced automobile products.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

please provide your nebulous criteria for what makes a sports car

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's easy, and has been solved here thousands of times before.
            The clue is in the name.
            A sports car is a car made purely for sports use.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

please provide an example of a vehicle you would consider a sports car

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sure, happy to help.
            Here is a sports car, they are readily available

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>posts a race car
            Ok moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Racing is a common form of sport, where cars are the sporting equipment.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So what's the distinction between sports and race cars then?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what car do you have that is superior to the corvette then?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You know it's possible for something to be inexpensive and perform well, right? Matter of fact, that's what this whole thread is about. Don't get sour grapes because somebody had a better idea than you.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Used Model 3 is a good choice right now if you're willing to learn new things. They're a bit undervalued at the moment because of people's inexperience with working with them. Very similar to the early days of Japanese cars when people wouldn't touch them because they were different from the old-school engines with carburetors people were used to working on.

Good
    >RWD or AWD
    >MR handling characteristics
    >50/50 balance
    >Very practical for a weekend car on nearby roads

Fast
    >Quick off the line
    >Good under most track conditions for an amateur
    >Can be easily modified (weight reduction, traction control, suspension, brakes, cooling) to be much faster

Cheap
    >Under $20k purchase price
    >Low operating costs
    >Increasing parts availability
    >Millions on the road as future parts cars

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think these cars are so fricking gay but as a sporty daily I think they're great. Especially if you have a long commute (70-130 miles) that lets you take advantage of autopilot in traffic AND a place to charge overnight. I'm seeing 60k mile 3-4 year old M3Ps sell for $20-30k. It makes me wonder how will they hold up with range in 2x the years and miles.

The performance is unironically comparable to a F80 M3 and any idiot can click off a mid 11 second 1/4 mile too. But a F80 M3 is 2x the price with 2x the miles

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

theres 2000s jaguars if reliability and fuel efficiency arent your things

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I know the car but I'm not telling you sorry

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cheap rare good cars are the ones you don't talk about, less the public finds out.
      My stealer got the only one they've handled for me.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a hard time desiring anything other than a Mustang. GM fangirls will always say "but the camaro but the corvette" but Camaros are like 1% faster and undeniably ugly, and Corvettes are significantly more expensive and less practical as a daily driver.
    C5s and C6s are cheaper but they have that godawful 90s plastic interior all american cars had at the time that looks and feels like a Little Tikes car.
    I can respect a C7 but you're still paying 10k more minimum for not significantly more performance. You're moving one of the points on the chart away from cheap and into fast but not changing the total value of the variables.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>good
    >fast
    >cheap
    My friend, I believe you are shopping for a motorcycle.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP here.

My top 6 picks thus far

>Porsche 996 Carrara 2
    >Porsche Cayman
    >BMW M2
    >C5 Corvette
    >S2000
    >Toyota Altezza

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota Camry.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

370z
    Maybe the new Z a decade from now when you can buy it used and/or new car prices are normal again

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The perfect car doesn’t exist
    The Mitsubishi Mirage has been made for years anon

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *