The Toyota Chaser. Where did we all go wrong?

The Toyota Chaser.

Where did we all go wrong?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably day one when they went with the sedan body style
    More than two doors is a taxi

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Thats not the point. Toyota was offering this 4 door sedan with a manual transmission and twin turbo engine. Why don't they make cool stuff anymore? In hindsight and 25 years after the car, everyone now wants them. But toyota won't sell new versions of these

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It all ended when they swapped to V6

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I swear to god. And the only time the V6 was cool was when it was supercharged on the Mark X and Lotus Exige/Evora/Emira(dunno about the FJ cruiser).

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Grand National

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wrong make

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah Toyota was trying to compete with the likes of Bentley with their super quick sedans. You're right, aside from the LFA and NSX cool things don't happen anymore.

We know why though
        Women are 62% of the new car buying market, and they always buy the same thing.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the japs kept the good shit for themselves. their 3.0L mark iis got dual auxiliary AC fans whereas export models just got one. they also had a strut brace as an option, sometimes these show up on zuckbook marketplace or yahoo japan, pricrd obscenely high or quickly getting bid to high prices, respectively
        there were some other gizmos and goodies that were never offered on foreign models either like an air ioniser/purifier thingy. mostly gimmicks but still interesting nonetheless.

Didn't notice the rhd, but it was the last generation of Cressida we have from Toyota.
        [...]
        Those are good cars as well.

yeah. can see a lot of the ls400's design cues taken from the cressida's front end.
        if i get my grubby mitts on the phoenix im gonna do a bunch of shit to it. police wheels from the same year fury, maybe a holley sniper, and would definitely want to put a tkx in it with a hydraulic external slave setup. this is all assuming that i actually win the auction though.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Somewhere between the conception of the Camry, ant the introduction of the Avalon. We could have still had the Cressida, but we believed the lie instead.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

huh never expected someone to save a pic of my car
      it got totalled in a 5 car pileup though. engine and troony are still ok so depending on whether or not i win this auction for a burger boat, i'll either swap it over into one i have in much better shape, or sell both as a project for someone else to look after

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I hope you mean a large sedan as in "boat" and not a fricking sailing vessel.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

lmao god no
          https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20084898/classic-cars/1967-dodge-phoenix-auto-right-hand-drive

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's a good car who cares if it's right hand drive? Just getting anyway you'll surely adapt like many JDM owners already do.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Didn't notice the rhd, but it was the last generation of Cressida we have from Toyota.

lmao god no
        https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20084898/classic-cars/1967-dodge-phoenix-auto-right-hand-drive

Those are good cars as well.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

How much do you reckon you can get for the wreck with a full mannie conversion?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

probably 5k, if i sell both cars i might sell it at around 7-8k aud. the wreck only has front end damage, mainly to the fenders and everything just in front of and including the radiator fan. could probably be repaired really, but not worth it unless you want to do a full respray, clearcoat is quite fricked especially compared to the replacement. could be a good drift car for someone. main selling point is the engine and manual gearbox. stock 7m that i fixed the head gasket on and had the head straightened and reconditioned. w58 from an a70 supra, very fun to daily. put 50,000 km on it in two years and hasn't skipped a beat.

That's a good car who cares if it's right hand drive? Just getting anyway you'll surely adapt like many JDM owners already do.

im not in the US
          from 1965 the dodge phoenix was basically just a rhd plymouth fury that was built locally. i wanted one to manual swap, the thought of a frickhueg 5 spd v8 boat just sounds way too good to pass up

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh I didn't realise you already got a new car as well, should be able to get a bit for the two together surely.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yeah. i pounced in it cause the guy was asking 4500, tried to beat him down to 3k, ended up buying for 3500. looks *exactly* the same as the old car, inside and out. i just slapped the plates on the new car and off i went.
            main problem now is finding someone that is happy to pull out my front end with their land cruiser or something. then i might be motivated enough to swap the running bits over.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Shhh don't say that too loud, but owning two of the same car in the same colour with 1 pair of plates is supremely based

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

well SHIT son. looks like i won...anyone want a cressida and it's wrecked brother with a great engine and gearbox?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i should say...wreck will definitely need something to tow it with. the other drives but the auto slips like crazy. probably needs more ATF or something.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>20k for some old barge
            Suit yourself anon

I did have a friend who would've been keen to buy the wrecked Cressida off you to manual swap is MX83, but now he's gone and bought a 2JZ manual MX73 (and another stock MX73) so he's probably not in the market for any more cressidas lol

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>>20k for some old barge
            lmao i know, i kinda did it for lulz, saw someone on marketplace pricing theirs at 22k and figured they were gonna bid that much on it too. saw same models in the past go for about 10k higher and in similar cnd.
            in any case, it's definitely a car i'm gonna drive the piss out of and do dumb shit with for as long as i feasibly can. 20k is quite a lot but there's plenty more where that came from.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

ganbate

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>>20k for some old barge
            lmao i know, i kinda did it for lulz, saw someone on marketplace pricing theirs at 22k and figured they were gonna bid that much on it too. saw same models in the past go for about 10k higher and in similar cnd.
            in any case, it's definitely a car i'm gonna drive the piss out of and do dumb shit with for as long as i feasibly can. 20k is quite a lot but there's plenty more where that came from.

Are there even any US/AU classics in usable condition for less than 20K dollarydoos, seem like anything under 15K is a shitbucket needing loads of work.

Yuro classics seem to go for way less in Australia.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

kinda pedantic but the army phoenix that i wanted before the guy was asking 18k and someone apparently bought it for that price.
            definitely not a garage queen though, had a bit of rust just behind the rear left wheel. but to me the army green paint more than made up for it
            gonna get front disc brakes first, and maybe the plymouth fury police wheels. those look cool. then maybe a holley sniper kit.
            kind nervous ngl. never worked on american cars before, especially old ones.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

T O Y O T A
    O
    Y
    O
    T
    A

4. 2 months ago
    p

Car :/
    Car with plastic skirt :O

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota stopped making them

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

its just a riced toyota avalon

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

When so-called "car enthusiasts" stopped buying new vehicles and manufacturers were forced to focus on their remaining customers (people who just a need a functional transportation appliance, not a cool looking, but impractical machine to jerk off to).

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There was nothing impractical about the X chassis
      It was basically just a cheaper lexus

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A sedan is by definition less practical than a wagon/truck/SUV.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why would anyone ever buy this over a Skyline?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I dunno maybe if they didn't want an engine with a shit moronic oiling system, block made out of cheese and a glass gearbox - that might be a good reason.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sedan and better engine

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the ER34 is also available as sedan

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Chaser looks better and 1jz>rb25

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Based Wojack, he must know his Group B rally history.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *