They could have gotten a new cartoon on amazon by now but Jim Lee/Wildstorm had to frick it up and send them to DC prison.

They could have gotten a new cartoon on Amazon by now but Jim Lee/Wildstorm had to frick it up and send them to DC prison.

Anyone here even like wild cats still?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They deserved better than being z-listers in the DCU. Why the frick would you try to make the Authority exist in the same universe as the Justice League... Jim Lee you betrayed your children

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I like them but I like Gen13 and Stormwatch more.

And now he's rumored to be out at DC. Sad shit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Stormwatch
        >TFW everyone got killed in an Aliens crossover and it was canon.
        Also frick the Authority

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Based. Pre-Ellis Stormwatch is really cool and underrated

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They should never have killed Diva, she deserved to be as well-known as Fairchild.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Synergy was always better than Diva.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

For me it’s Fahrenheit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I only know her from the Swimsuit and lingerie issues.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Prove it. There should be room for both though.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Anon, her exactly identical sister took over within months. Nobody cared, is the issue.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Let's not pretend readers weren't calling for them to bring Diva back so much that Ellis would make a point in interviews to say he wasn't going to do it, and that was before anyone knew he was going to replace the whole team with his OCs.

The identical twin was introduced in 2007, over ten years later, too little, too late.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Literally nobody cares.

>They deserved better than being z-listers in the DCU.
      No they don't. Fricking contrarian moron.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not that anon and don't even particularly like the team, but yeah, they deserved better. It's been a comedy of errors how they've been mishandled.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>they deserved better
          No, they really don't. They're shitty relics of the 90s that should damn well stay there. They've been "mishandled" because they were abominations to begin with.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Literally nobody cares.

>They deserved better than being z-listers in the DCU.
            No they don't. Fricking contrarian moron.

Head you the first time

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

WERE HEROES

NOT ZEROES

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

explain your tantrum my autistic friendo

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Just about every smaller company DC has absorbed into the DCU has fared as badly, their characters not really fitting because there's already someone more established in the same role already. Some of the Charlton characters made a place for themselves, that's about it.

Wildstorm couldn't even properly capitalize on 90s nostalgia because when Jim Lee does try to do something with them he's constantly focusing on the later Ellis stuff because the critics liked that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What about Static Shock?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Static was only successful since Dwayne Mcduffie was still working on it and even then after the cartoon Static has barely had success when it comes to comic runs and barely shows up in other cartoons now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Static was only successful since Dwayne Mcduffie was still working on it and even then after the cartoon Static has barely had success when it comes to comic runs and barely shows up in other cartoons now.

Static's rights are a clusterfrick because his rights were reworked over a deadman's body, literally.
            A bunch of Milestone guys conspired to make it so McDuffie's wife/mom don't get money from it. DC wants to use static but they want to own the character outright.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Wildstorm couldn't even properly capitalize on 90s nostalgia

Waller vs Wildstorm was one of the worst comics I forced myself to read recently

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You are the contrarian moron

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Says the c**t trying to claim 90s edgelord prostituteshit is cool. have a nice day.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You first homosexual

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its just New52 being moronic and them thinking combining everything works when it just doesnt.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not that anon and don't even particularly like the team, but yeah, they deserved better. It's been a comedy of errors how they've been mishandled.

Jim Lee never cared about these guys. They were simply speculator-bait, Marvel ripoffs with the numbers filed off. Leverage for a sale.
      You just didn't realize it because you were kids back then. But people in the know could tell and it's archived for history. Jim Lee only cares about money and everything he's done has been a business move.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This. Jim Lee was a hard hold out for Image and took a lot of convincing to do it. Even at the start he never really seemed too terribly interested in Image and was trying to buy Marvel around Heroes Reborn and dumped his IP on DC after that fell thru

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>But people in the know could tell and it's archived for history.
        Anon, this is literally just some indie edgelords seething about Image so much that they made a comic fantasizing about murdering them. Image didn't "steal their market share" because the kids that were reading Image would never have been reading this in the first place, Image was cutting into the Big 2's market share.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Ignore the edgelord bits, Jim Lee just wanting to take over Marvel is known. Do you really think he made the WildCats characters out of love for the medium?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Ignore the edgelord bits, Jim Lee just wanting to take over Marvel is known.
            OK, that part's true, but considering the people who did buy and run Marvel after the bankruptcy, we'll never know if he or any of the other potential buyers could have been better or worse. The points you were making would probably have been better made without that comic page. But Jim Lee wanting to make money is hardly a crime.

>Do you really think he made the WildCats characters out of love for the medium?
            How many far more popular characters were also created for shamelessly commercial or mercenary reasons? It's OK to still like something even if we acknowledge it was just created to make money.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>How many far more popular characters were also created for shamelessly commercial or mercenary reasons?
            Plenty, and there's nothing wrong with that.
            Thing is, Jim Lee, these character's own creator, isn't exactly pushing for new stories. You guys are saying they got done dirty- the creator just stopped caring. There is nothing you're being denied. Jim Lee just didn't have the passion to push for these characters anymore.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This is the sad truth. Given Lee's position in DC for the last 15 years, he could've given them a spotlight any time he wanted. He hasn't. He just doesn't care much anymore.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's pathetic.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I dont think this was a speculator thing. There was only a foil cover for #1. This was more Lee wanting to do his own X-Men but he gets all the profit.
        Sadly he was just an artist and had no idea were he wants to go.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Image alone existing was a honeytrap for speculators because people thought all these properties were going to be huge deals and they were going to get in on the ground floor of X-men level characters.

Sauce?

Boneyard Press' Kill Image

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Speculators were mostly only interested in #1s and in "event" issues like first appearances, deaths, etc. They weren't generally sticking around to buy entire runs of books.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>thought all these properties were going to be huge deals
            Ok, there you are right. But dont forget fans of comics. I mean how many, myself included, bought some interesting comic thinking it becomes a long running series than after the 5th issue went infinity hiatus.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Sauce?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a certain nostalgia fondness for them. I collected quite a lot of the books back in the day.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They fared better than cyberforce in any consideration.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Version 3.0 was some of the best shit. Love WildC.A.T.s, wish we still had the WildStorm Universe. Hell, we could have had a WS cinematic universe, if Valiant could do it.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>They could have gotten a new cartoon on amazon by now
    The reason they're in "DC prison" is because Jim Lee lost so much money trying to get that Gen 13 movie out that he had to sell.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>tfw there are some people who saw Grifter in Flash Point thought he was redhood find out its an entirely separate character

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Would amazon have rushed to make a cartoon for them if they were still Image?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They have not been rushing to make Cyberforce, Spawn or Savage Dragon, all of whom have readily available indie rights

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Those properties all “skew male.” Women are the audience. No one is interested in making anything that appeals to teenage boys anymore.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Then how will they make money?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Amazon makes money by everyone having Amazon prime.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Ok, so where's Saga and Monstress, then?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Spawn
        Todd father is too busy being weird about it to make anything.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Amazon kinda gobbles all the indies and Image stuff in general so its a real 50/50 I think Wild CATS was mildly popular enough to have gotten something nowadays.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>they get a new show
    >it somehow becomes so wildly successful that X-TREME 90s edge is considered cool by mainstream audiences again, causing a new wave of Bloodpouch McGroinpull type comics to be created
    What would your honest reaction be?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'd welcome it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Joy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Ill call its Wild CATS '99

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Never going to happen. 90s edge revivals always fail.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'll take it over what we've got now

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

FRICK YEAH (with my tongue out, my fingers making devil horns)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Modern DC Wildstorm sucks ass

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yep, which is why the return of 90's WildStorm gets all of my FRICK YEAH.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's still going?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yes

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Anyone here even like wild cats still?
    I just like Grifter.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

More importantly, I know the type that doesn't like WildCATs.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Kinda miss it. The whole shared universe with Team 7 and the Kherubim being the origin most of the modern superheroes was pretty well done. Do we know if Jim Lee thought of the whole thing himself?

Anyway the problem with WildCATs was that it felt like an X-men title without the soap opera shit and they kept doing crossover events which killed the vibe. Combined with Image prioritizing art over writing and you can understand why the title floundered. Also when Alan Moore finished his run there was really nothing left for the title. They tried to reorient them into conventional superheroes but that didn’t work. They later relaunched to volume 2 as a corporate superhero book and the rest was history.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Do we know if Jim Lee thought of the whole thing himself?

Nah, Brandon Choi, aka The Luckiest Man in Comics, was the one who actually did the writing on pretty much all the early Wildstorm books and pretty sure he came up with all the lore.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

test

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Sleeper
    >Planetary
    >Authority
    >Wildcats 3.0
    >Automatic Kafka
    >Intimates
    >Totally random assortments of Alan Moore comics
    >Weird Authority-clones like The Establishment

I miss Wildstorm like you couldn't believe.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Me too, goodman. Me too.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Problem with Wildcats is that it's got a divided beyond all repair fanbase.

Half the fanbase loves the original Jim Lee version of the team and wants an endless repeat of the original first four issues and maybe Wildcats Trilogy mini.

Then you have the Joe Casey Wildcats fanboys, who DESPISE the original incarnation of the team and prefer Joe Casey's anti-cape anti-90s version of the team, which is basically Grifter, Spartan (now an emotionless robot who makes Byrne's version of Vision seem lovable and romantic), Agent Wax (an evil mind rapist/telepath) and Ladytron (who basically is an evil b***h cyborg forced to work with the team).

The Casey version in turn is divided further upon those who prefer Casey's v2 run (which had Grifter running missions for Spartan with Wax and Ladytron as his backup) and those who prefer V3, which completely abandoned all super-hero shit (save for the last six issues that were blatantly Casey trying to avoid being canceled and him bringing back Zealot, IE the least popluar of the original roster) and instead focused on boring as hell corporate bullshit related to Spartan trying to launch a line of batteries made from alien tech while Grifter whines from a wheelchair because he ended u crippled in the first issue of V3 and Wax using his powers to pretend to be his boss and rape his boss's wife

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I thought v3 was writen by Moore?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Pretty sure it’s Joe Casey, who also did v2.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Moore wrote about 15-18 issues midway through volume one.

Volume 2's first six-seven issues, IIRC were written by Scott Lobdell and were pretty reviled though they have Travis Charvest drawing them (so they are at least pretty to look at) before Joe Casey and Sean Phillips took over the book.

Casey carried over to V3 with Dustin Ngygen drawing the first year and a half due to him having a prettier to look at art style than Phillips, who ended up drawline most of the last year of the book.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, I'm on that first camp. Add in Spawn/ WildCATS, though. Also liked all the World's End stuff.
      Spartan is my guy and I fricking hate the new WildCATS book DC just put out. Matthew Rosenberg should drive off a cliff.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because Jim Lee doesnt know what to do with them. Typocal artist becomimg writer. It is all about style and design. But no substance or stories behind it.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only I know about Wildcats was the cheesy cartoon intro song.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

man wildcats fricking sucked and jim's non-xmen art was start of his generic decline phase where he shat out a late comic half assed between playing games and drawing commissions and other shit and stopped caring about comics altogether.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Frick adaptations.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want Cait back but as part of the superfamily to evade the rape

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Fairchild is back but she sucks

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i want OG Fairchild, not the fricking fake clone.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

OG Fairchil is still in the September Song/21 Down universe. She can still be saved!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Just have Dick and the titans rescue her from there and give her a new home in bludhaven

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Throw her with the Titans
            Hell no, those homosexuals will get her killed.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

By the way, what happened to omen?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Lilith is appearing in the current Power Girl series, afaik.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And ruin Caitlin's mission? Never. She has whole universes full of kids to save, anon.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I keep meaning to read this. Mostly care about Moore and Casey.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *