This car is cool as hell. I'm gonna buy it this week.

This car is cool as hell. I'm gonna buy it this week.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this is an actual fricking barbie/hair dresser's car. zero redeeming qualities outside its styling.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It has a kompressor with a K

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only a closet homosexual would say that

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just say you're too ugly to enjoy a drop top.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

NTA, but I see the posts like this and don't get it
        A lot of posters here are concerned about other people looking at them while they drive, and they imply not only this is a bad thing, but driving a convertible somehow makes this times worse.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Same with a Miata. These were competitors back in the day.

OP if you get a M112 v6 with a manual you'll be laughing all the way. Later cars came with a V8 too and they are VERY quick.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>6 speed manual
      >similar weight to Z3/4 and Boxster despite a hardtop
      >double bones all around unlike the Z and Boxster
      >supercharged 4cyl and 6cyl options available
      >reliable
      The only negative honestly is it's frumpy styling. I'd rather be driving an SL going off of aesthetics, but I'd rather be driving a 6MT SLK230 all day long based off of actual fun.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

bones
        I don't talk about cars in english very much, what does double bones mean?
        Also sweet digits

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

slk racing is cause it cannot compete against anything in its class, hate to break it to you.

6mt slk230 is slower than a 6mt z4 3.0

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

wut? there's a lot of spec series and they're almost always more popular than the variety classes

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cause they allow their owners to actually win anything....

it is what it is.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2 seater convertibles are very underrated

Enjoy your car OP

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

*overrated
      ftfy

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>American V6 muscle car >:(
    >Lé german V6 muscle car :O

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Based 90s merc enjoyer. If you can find a V6 I would suggest that, unless you really want the turbo. More HP, simpler mechanicals, less likely to have oil leaks.

SLK is more like a Miata. My SL is more like a european muscle car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/8mlRfLF.jpeg

Based 90s merc enjoyer. If you can find a V6 I would suggest that, unless you really want the turbo. More HP, simpler mechanicals, less likely to have oil leaks.

SLK is more like a Miata. My SL is more like a european muscle car.

I can't afford or even find the V6 version ;( I'm getting the 230 Kompressor (with a K) specifically. The kompressor is gonna make it sound almost american tho.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The kompressor is gonna make it sound almost american tho.
        Won't if bolted to a cylinderlet. It whines, the noise is even worse than turbocharged I4s produce.

t.used to drive a C-classe with the same engine

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>can't afford a V6
        Why not buy the SLK's autistic American-badged son, the Chrysler Crossfire, since you like Daimler Chrysler slop? It came with a V6.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I do not live in america and not only would the Chrysler be twice as expensive, it would also be impossible to find parts for. It does look cool tho

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>impossible to find parts for
            It's literally the first gen SLK with a different skin. Its engine is the same Mercedes 3.2L you can't afford in the SLK
            >it does look cool tho
            No, not even remotely. It looks like something Baz Luhrmann doodled on a wienertail napkin after his fifth martini

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It's literally the first gen SLK with a different skin. Its engine is the same Mercedes 3.2L you can't afford in the SLK
            Like 100% parts commonality besides the exterior? I find that a bit hard to believe but that would make things easier I suppose. Still, the 3.2l v6 is exceedingly rare here so finding parts for just that would be hard where I live, even if it was an SLK.
            >it does look cool tho
            Yeah when I said that I only saw the front. I looked at the rest of the car and I would like to retract that statement.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes the crossfire is 100% SLK, even the interior is just mildly changed. Dropping the hardtop vert hardware makes it a slightly better car handling wise but it doesn't look as nice as the car it's based on.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cool anon, glad you found a car you like and enjoy

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These are built like shit and I say that as a kool-aid drinking Mercedes fan

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What's shit about them? They dont seem to have the rust problems that the S class cars from around that time period do or the notoriously unreliable pneumatic suspension. The fit on the interior does seem to be pretty bad by mercedes standards tho

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They are fine cars, I looked at both the SL and SLK before getting my SL. SLKs are a little less practical, but if it's a second car then it's not a problem. The interiors are less luxurious than the SL or other Mercs, and there's not much storage space anywhere. Aside from that it will be a nice car. The retractable metal roof is pretty cool too.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>but if it's a second car then it's not a problem
          It's not, I actually just got my license and it's my first car, I hope I can manage the rear wheel drive. My bf has an Audi A3 8P tho so I'm somewhat covered if a practical car is required

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Buy a Miata, they are better suited to the needs of LGBT community

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They're cute, I probably would but it's like twice as expensive as this Mercedes where I live and I'm also a bit of a Mercedes fanboy.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

be advised that you are considering purchasing a car that is even gayer than a Miata but will cost about 9 times as much to keep running

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He's a gay, it's what they do.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Im actually completely straight and so is my bf, we just hate women so much we refuse to even date them so we started dating each other instead.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, it's not uncommon for the homosexuals to have psych issues.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not where I live, Mercedes parts are plentiful here and I found one in really good condition.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

RWD will be fine, just get some good quality tires. You will find the space to be limiting, though- there's not really any cabin storage space and the trunk is very small, especially when the roof is folded in.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Abandon thread.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

buy mine, it's for sale

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How much and where?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

9k obo in MI

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

first gen z4 literally shits all over these for the same price and more reliable.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A Z4 is cool car too (as it can have a manual) but is no doubt slower than the superchaged R170 AMG and doesn't have a hardtop convertible.

Different strokes for different folks ya know

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lol aside from the amg, the z4 mogs this pos.

and the z4 m mogs the amg.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Not getting an slr

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just pray to GOD the roof doesn't take a crap.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The SLK320 with the V6 sounds neat, don't think I'd want the 4 cylinder.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bought a black 320 2 months ago, great car, incredible cruiser and absolutely underrated right now. You get a lot of car for not a lot of money, just dont expect miata handling. Fyi make sure the rooflining is nice and dry and there are zero wrinkles, especially if its a black car the front hydraulics cylinder likes to start leaking. You can also easily check if the hydraulic oil in the trunk is full and looks good.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *