This is by far the biggest mistake in modern cars.

This is by far the biggest mistake in modern cars.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You cannot text and drive so how is this more saferer.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's not, it's just cheaper

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why do I get a ticket for using my phone while driving? Yet not for fumbling around menu screens to try adjusting the fan speed? Part of me wants a touch screen just because of the loopholes I might find in the distracted driving laws. But I drive a 25 year old toyota

Why do so many morons on here think messing with the touchscreen is any worse than messing with dials and knobs? Same distracted driving shit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Same distracted driving shit.
        One can be done without taking your eyes off the road and one can't.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Do you operate your dick with a screen? Or do you just grab for it and know where its at a 3am when you need to take a piss?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>waah waah I'm a boomer scared of a touchscreen
        Just take your eyes off the road, the car has enough redundant safety systems that you won't crash

>ITT poorgays seethe about yet another thing that they cannot afford
        Lol, lmao even

OH N-

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I've been hearing things about MG cars and their chinkshit OS.
          But it's got to be pretty fricking terrible if it's worse than the VW ID.3 and the (very similar) SEAT Leon mk4.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They're deluding themselves into thinking people use physical controls without looking when few if any people actually do that.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          Why do so many morons on here think messing with the touchscreen is any worse than messing with dials and knobs? Same distracted driving shit.

Most people learn where the buttons are by feel and don’t need to actually move their eyes to adjust something.

Tocuh screens are mounted too high and functions are in menus so you have to check to see hweee you are pressing and hold your arm up and it’s just not ergonomic or fast

With that said Audis e-tron isn’t bad. The shifter is an arm rest so you can wrest your arm with your hand right in front of the touch screen.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Most people learn where the buttons are by feel and don’t need to actually move their eyes to adjust something.
            Never in all my years of riding in cars with people has anyone ever done this. Everyone looks at what knob/switch/button they're going to interact with before or while reaching for it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then you’re surrounded by idiots

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            Stop projecting, only because you and your moron friends can't do it, doesn't mean no one can.
            The majority of people know where the buttons in their cars are and can reach for them intuitively, and even if they could not, a button requires a quick glance to spot, then you can reach for it.
            Navigating through a touch screen menu either requires you to take your eyes off the road several times, one time but way longer, or you tap the screen semi-blindly, missing the icons you went for more often that not.

It takes exponentially longer until you can go through a touch screen menu without looking in the same way you can operate a car with buttons.

End of.

Your response is 100% correct information. In my opinion touchscreen advocates should be slaughtered, first they ruined smart type cellphones and then they ruined cars. Some touchscreens respond poorly to my natural fingers.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based, I still miss my QWERTY smartphone I could use without looking.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Could type faster on it than a smart phone. No emoji button either.

Most prospective car buyers have grown up on touch screens and find physical buttons unintuitive/downright uncomfortable.

Bruh you think those kids are buying cars let alone new ones.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it was all smileys and winky faces. b***hes love winky faces

captcha: WAP D

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I still use mine.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Most people learn where the buttons are by feel and don’t need to actually move their eyes to adjust something.
          Never in all my years of riding in cars with people has anyone ever done this. Everyone looks at what knob/switch/button they're going to interact with before or while reaching for it.

Stop projecting, only because you and your moron friends can't do it, doesn't mean no one can.
          The majority of people know where the buttons in their cars are and can reach for them intuitively, and even if they could not, a button requires a quick glance to spot, then you can reach for it.
          Navigating through a touch screen menu either requires you to take your eyes off the road several times, one time but way longer, or you tap the screen semi-blindly, missing the icons you went for more often that not.

It takes exponentially longer until you can go through a touch screen menu without looking in the same way you can operate a car with buttons.

End of.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a button requires a quick glance to spot, then you can reach for it.
            It's exactly the same for a well designed touch screen button.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're arguing against poorly designed touch screens, not touch screens themselves.

Most prospective car buyers have grown up on touch screens and find physical buttons unintuitive/downright uncomfortable.

See

https://i.imgur.com/DgcBoBZ.jpeg

[...]
            [...]
            OH N-

Buttons and knobs will ALWAYS be more intuitive than the most well-designed touch screen

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're arguing against poorly designed touch screens, not touch screens themselves.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You can't afford a car with a touchscreen, so you are seething.

End of.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Fake information from you. Theres plenty of news like this and this less than 10 seconds to google:
            >Automakers Are Bringing Back Buttons and Knobs as Touch Screens Become Scourge for Drivers.
            >Volkswagen Bringing Back Buttons, Knob After Touchscreen Complaints
            Touchscreens are garbage, drivers complain.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Holy shit you struck a sensitive part of many EV-toddler’s butthole there

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>fingers too dry so the car fails to register the press
        >fingers too wet so the car tails to register the press
        >lagdroid seizes up and hangs
        >oopsie woopsie, time to update and reboot (:
        >oh no, you're not paying for these functions, time to lock them for you ):
        >???
        >car crashes, you're dead
        problem?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>fingers too dry so the car fails to register the press
          Works fine.
          >fingers too wet so the car tails to register the press
          Works fine
          >lagdroid seizes up and hangs
          This never happens. Also Teslas don't use android.
          >oopsie woopsie, time to update and reboot (:
          Doesn't ever happen.
          >oh no, you're not paying for these functions, time to lock them for you ):
          You mean like the button controlled seat warmers in BMWs?
          >???
          >car crashes, you're dead
          Teslas have a fraction of the crashes compared to the average car on the road. Every Tesla has a giant table, while almost no other cars have tablets.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You mean like the button controlled seat warmers in BMWs?
            The button there is just an interface for the touchscreen-based infotainment system, it's basically emulated

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>moving the goalposts

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Teslas have a fraction of the crashes compared to the average car
            there's a fraction of teslas compared to normal cars, what's the point?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tesla
            all opinions ever, dropped

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Teslas have a fraction of the crashes compared to the average car on the road
            Shall we tell him?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Teslas have a fraction of the crashes compared to the average car on the road.
            Compared to their local regional averages, yes.
            However the regions most tessies are driven around in are cities and suburbs, which have the highest accident rates.
            So it’s among the lowest rate, in high accident rate zones.
            What you said is a loaded statement where both sides can feel they are correct.
            Better to say something like, “a lower rate of crashes in the cities”

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

In my 2005 Volvo I can, without taking a single eye off the road,
        >change audio from 2.1 to 3.1 to 5.1
        >change suspension from soft to sport to stiff
        >change volume on a knob
        >change from fm to am to CD to the Bluetooth adapter I put in that replaced the 10cd changer
        >switch between 6 preset station
        >individually adjust treble, bass, balance, and front-back
        >adjust heated seats
        >change ac
        >lower the rear seat headrests
        >enable and disable traction control
        and a few more thing I'm probably forgetting.
        no waiting. No annoying touchscreen
        Instant. Buttons and knobs.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I can do that without taking my hands off the wheel in my Tesla.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They don't really care about safety, they only care about the bottom line. You are slowly becoming aware.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's somehow cheaper to design one interface that offloads all interaction to software. Yet car manufacturers have to talk to 30 vendors to build out one of these pieces of shit but can reuse last year's design of hardware parts without redesigning the entire dash. Every time I go to a dealer I lay on how much I hate these things.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You really think making half the car out of breakable plastic and even the seats out of plastic cloth you have to breathe the whole time wasn't a mistake? Planned obsolescence and cheaping out are the biggest errors in modern car manufacturing. This is just an ipad.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>waah waah I'm a boomer scared of a touchscreen
    Just take your eyes off the road, the car has enough redundant safety systems that you won't crash

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kys homosexual moron

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sent from my iPhone using TapTalk

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>ITT poorgays seethe about yet another thing that they cannot afford
    Lol, lmao even

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You think a mass-produced LCD screen is more expensive than having to wire up individual buttons on the front console? It’s the other way around, tard.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you think a mass produced piece of plastic is more expensive than a touchscreen?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>dials and buttons are 100% plastics with no electrical wiring or controllers
          Lowest IQ post of the year

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

still cheaper

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>SavedPoogayeCopeImage2793.jpg
            Seethe lol

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Contrary to your notion itoddler, I’m a co-founder of a successful stsrtup and I can afford any kind of EV on the market today. I will still never buy a car with a gay ass fricking touchscreen which replaces all buttons and controls because it’s another step of enshitification of cars.
            I’d much rather have a physical dial to change my car’s temperature than to deal with software coded by 3 smelly jeets on Fiver

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stsrtup
            So ass-blasted you can't type LOL

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>co-founder
            >Can't even think for himself
            Kek
            >Startup
            >Successful
            BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHJAJHAHAHAH OHHHHHHH LORDY

(You)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>co-founder
            Kek
            >Startup
            >Successful

https://i.imgur.com/1IgNt4V.jpeg

>Im founder at startup sirs

>itoddler so buttblasted he needs to samegay 3 times

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/1IgNt4V.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/UugxB0o.gif

[...](You)

>co-founder
            Kek
            >Startup
            >Successful

>stsrtup
            So ass-blasted you can't type LOL

Contrary to your notion itoddler, I’m a co-founder of a successful stsrtup and I can afford any kind of EV on the market today. I will still never buy a car with a gay ass fricking touchscreen which replaces all buttons and controls because it’s another step of enshitification of cars.
            I’d much rather have a physical dial to change my car’s temperature than to deal with software coded by 3 smelly jeets on Fiver

All me btw

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Waahh everyones making fun of me so it must just be one guy
            KEK

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            [...]
            [...]
            [...]
            [...]
            All me btw

You’re not very subtle

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>co-founder
            Kek
            >Startup
            >Successful

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The wires, button contacts, and potentiometers are the cheapest part of that.
            You can get buttons and potentiometers wholesale for around 5-10 cents per thousand with manufacturing discounts.
            Where they save money is not having to re-tool for design changes.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just how poor do you have to be to think that touchscreens are expensive

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not as poor as someone who can't even afford one lol

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Touch screen panels are like $50, they are in no way more expensive than traditional dashboards that require tenfold more parts and wiring

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Link to where you can upgrade an old shitbox to a modern infotainment and navigation system for 50.
            You won't

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>moving the goalpost
            The discussion is about new cars cutting costs by using touch screens over buttons. They are literally cheaper in every metric

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Of course they're not expensive to carmakers who buy thousands of them at a time.

They're expensive to replace, since almost all fricking brands use proprietary bullshit and can up charge you on it when it eventually breaks.

We're talking like $100 for the company to initially buy, and 1200 when you have to replace the bullshit, and of course you have to replace if it breaks because it can brick some cars if its not working.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do I get a ticket for using my phone while driving? Yet not for fumbling around menu screens to try adjusting the fan speed? Part of me wants a touch screen just because of the loopholes I might find in the distracted driving laws. But I drive a 25 year old toyota

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Post your car's screen, with bread. You won't.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What? My car doesn't have a screen

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

honestly don't mind it when I test drove one. But please please please don't copy tesla's removal of steering wheel stalks.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Screens are fine for navigation and back up camera

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Poorgay interior
      >Auto
      >Gay little boxing glove
      Lol, lmao even

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ayo blud dem tunes is poppin

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That’s not what OP implied. It’s those big ass screens of which almost all of the car’s interior functions are reliant on.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>listening to someone stupid enough to intentionally create a blind spot right in front of their fricking face

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

True and all ev are garbage

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mazdachads, is this real? I wouldn't know. I'm still using my physical controls and not playing on a tablet like Shaniqua when I'm operating my car at high speeds. Cope? No, I don't think so.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You ever browse DA while driving?

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Uses the best developed one as an example
    You could have picked the dozens of other systems by other automakers that perform worse as an example instead.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why cant we just go back to cassette players and Kenny Loggins?
    I left my walkman in the grocery store cool room

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looks convenient and better than a sea of buttons.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>This is by far the biggest mistake in modern cars
    counterpoint

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's infecting my other hobbies too.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Touchscreens in cars are GAY as FRICK

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *