this is simply true

this is simply true

Less tyre pressure -> more parts of the tyre come in contact with the road, but most importantly the sidewall flexes more which is a big contributor to temp -> higher temps

More tyre pressure -> firmer tyre, less flexing and less parts of the tyre come in contact with the road -> lower temps

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if you dont set tire pressures hot you shouldnt talk about setting tire pressures

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah because you're totally lugging the compressor and tire blankets to the mountain.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Or you could just fill up after driving the car when the tires are warm.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No but you can simply leave your tires at 28-30psi and air down as needed

Then hit up a Wawa/Quickchek and air back up on the way home. My car is happiest at 30-33psi hot which is like 24-26psi cold. V730s also have a stiff carcass being a 200TW.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the mountain
        lmao. lmao even

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>my face when I drive no face

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>wrenchlet ricer seat time let speaks

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>His car didn't come with a compressor from factory
        Camaro chads winning again

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You don’t say?!
    Don’t forget that higher tire pressure reduces the amount of throttle you need to maintain a speed and gets better fuel mileage.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Actually if your tire pressure is too low there's less contact patch between the tire and the road because the pressure pushes the center of the tire to match the weight of the vehicle to have a flat even weight across the contact patch.

With the pressure too low, the center deforms away from the road and puts minimal pressure in the center and most of the pressure on the sidewalls.

The OEM tire pressure listed in the driver side door panel is typically the best pressure to use if the car and tires are stock. Going to a different tire size requires increasing the pressure for a lower volume/smaller tire or decreasing the pressure for a larger volume/bigger tire. If the vehicle weight increases due to either cargo or mods, then the tire pressure needs to be increased to take the higher weight.

A good way to tell if your tires have been at the proper pressure is to measure the tread depth after 1000 miles. If both shoulders of the tire tread on each tire are more worn than the center, the pressure is too low. If the center is more worn than the shoulders, the pressure is too high. If only a single shoulder is lower than the rest of the tire tread, that most likely points to an alignment problem.

Offroading in uneven or soft terrain such as mud, snow, or sand is different. You want a low tire pressure here because unlike asphalt, mud/snow/sand will conform to the tire regardless of pressure; and offroad tires usually have tread blocks that go on the sidewall a bit so it actually does give a large contact patch to help "float" on mud/snow/sand.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

use the 4 psi rule if you don't wanna wait 1000 miles
      >measure cold pressure and note
      >30 mins high speed driving, measure pressure again
      >if hot pressure is 4 psi greater than cold, tyre is inflated correctly
      however, ambient air temps influence readings, so to take this into account:
      >for every 6°C/43°F increase in temp between time of cold pressure and hot pressure reading, add 1 psi

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Less tyre pressure -> more parts of the tyre come in contact with the road

Then why does a punctured tire lose grip ?

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but most importantly the sidewall flexes more which is a big contributor to temp -> higher temps
    >less flexing and less parts of the tyre come in contact with the road -> lower temps

I don't even get what these bus riders are trying to convey

tire temp ALWAYS goes up, when I'm on track I always fill 3-5 low so when it heats up its at optimal temperature for my tires

• 2 weeks ago
      Jørn

You sounds like a copings wrenchlets

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>You sounds like a copings wrenchlets

You can't even speak proper English, moron

• 2 weeks ago
          Jørn

You can'ts even speaks other languages at all, mongrels

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hijacking this thread.

I'm going to the autocross for the first time this weekend. How should I figure out what pressure to run?

• 2 weeks ago
      Jørn

Runs your tires on tops of inkeds paper and looks for the imprints with differents pressure

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wonder how fast you have to be going to crash like this in OPs picture.

I drive my fwd car everyday around 90mph at the bends near me. Good asphalt, a lot of corners, fun to go fast. I have never ever been close to losing grip on these roads.

At winter when the bends are icey/snowy I still go fast. Not 90mph but maybe 75-80 no issues. I attribute this tho to great studded tyres.

I've only crashed once and that was on the gravel road outside my house. Was doing maybe 30mph and it was black ice. Just spun out of control couldn't do shit.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Most kek shit I've done is go thru the same intersection just trying to go as fast as possible. Did it in an old opel astra from 1998.

One of the funniest fwd cars you can drive. At summer I could drift into the corner doing 55mp/h and at winter I'd go balls to the walls and scandiflick the corner so well I could do it with my eyes closed.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

that's a gross oversimplcation anon.
    .t goes to the track or Autocross almost every weekend.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

more tire pressure equals cooler tire temperature
    less tire pressure means hotter tire tempature

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don't ignore the Ideal Gas Law

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

But don't trust it for for gases in real life which are never ideal.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm a driftgay so I just set cold pressure to like 60psi on rears and 32psi on fronts.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *