This is the 1995 Toyota Camry, say something nice about it.

This is the 1995 Toyota Camry, say something nice about it.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unironically a dream car for me so im interested in where this thread goes

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ueG5i9w.jpeg

Easily the best mundane car that ever existed. There are better sporty cars, sedans, japanese cars, toyota's, etc. Honda had shitty blocks and auto trans at this time. Couldn't lay a finder on the mid 90s camry.
      That is the best ho hum car.

The leetle boy.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm 41. I remember when they sold those new. I liked my mom's 91 lesabre better, but you have to admit they were good cars. I had a 96 Accord myself. Super unreliable.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Easily the best mundane car that ever existed. There are better sporty cars, sedans, japanese cars, toyota's, etc. Honda had shitty blocks and auto trans at this time. Couldn't lay a finder on the mid 90s camry.
    That is the best ho hum car.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It looks good.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honda had peak coupes and hatch, but I'll give Toyota for peak sedans.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just swapped the engine from one of these into my van, goes good

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They refuse to die short of rusting away and had a really comfy wagon version.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i still miss my old v6 wagon. so muh room. surprisingly quick, lots of low end torque perfect for daily traffic. would've been a blast with a manual swap

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

DAT ASS

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I went to visit someone in a prison so I borrowed one from a fren
    It had 470k on the clock, what a beast.
    >one prisoner told me a story of how other prisoners performed conversion therapy on him
    >as they'd walk by his cell, each would tell him "Dave, you're not a woman.
    >so eventually he accepted himself
    Kinda wholesome considering prison is full of literal morons.
    Anyway, the car is reliable and comfy, buy it, it is good.
    >pi unrelated

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As a daily driver, work horse, it's pretty hard to beat an old Camry. Known for being one of the best cars ever built in terms of reliability. I love my 2002. Less wear and tear on my cool car. Mine has been involved in two accidents and still looks/runs like it will never quit.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my dad had one in the 90s, put a bazillion KMs on it. eventually the power steering gave out and it dropped a main bearing but this was after my gurl racer sister started thrashing it

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have one of these. When I accelerate above 80 kmh the whole car shakes. It's related to wheel RPM and not to engine speed. At first I thought it was the tyres so I ignored it until the tyres wore down. But after changing them the problem is still there. Is it CV axles or engine mounts? 166000 kms on the car. If nobody knows I'll just change the engine mounts because those are rubber things that break down naturally.
    The boots on the CV axles are fine not broken or cracked.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

do you have a locking lugnut?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

only when you accelerate? or steady all the time above 80?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Only during acceleration. If I'm going downhill or on level surface there is no shake.

do you have a locking lugnut?

No, just normal lug nuts.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

my guess is fuel delivery, see if a bottle of injector cleaner helps it. Could be weak fuel pump or clogged fuel intake sock.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Really? The frequency of the vibration doesn't depend on engine RPMs, it happens exactly the same in 5th and 4th gears. Even hard accelerations or going uphill at lower speeds don't cause vibration.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

if the vibration was wheel related it would be present at all times the problem wheel is moving at the problem speed. It happens under acceleration, so it's engine related. There are a lot of things it could be, but fuel is first on the list.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

also forgot to ask, is the check engine light on?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No lights, and the bulb isn't blown.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well if it was misfiring it would throw a code, so maybe

I'd say you should look at those CVs very thoroughly including the inner CV where the axle enters the gearbox and the bracket on the back of the engine which holds the bearing for equal length axles.
            Check if there is any up and down play (in and out play is normal) and rotate them back and forth to see if there's any clunks.

is closer to the mark

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'd say you should look at those CVs very thoroughly including the inner CV where the axle enters the gearbox and the bracket on the back of the engine which holds the bearing for equal length axles.
          Check if there is any up and down play (in and out play is normal) and rotate them back and forth to see if there's any clunks.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'll look at them first and then

if the vibration was wheel related it would be present at all times the problem wheel is moving at the problem speed. It happens under acceleration, so it's engine related. There are a lot of things it could be, but fuel is first on the list.

if that doesn't indicate anything.
            If there is up and down (radial) play, I'm assuming this means there are fricked up bearings in the gearbox. As for rotation, there is definitely backlash in the whole thing (jacking up one wheel and turning it back and forth while in 1st gear) but idk if the amount is normal. I'd say (from memory) that the outside of the wheel moves between 5 and 10cm due to the backlash, but measuring that way does include both CV axles and everything in the gearbox.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for you input btw

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah there's always a fair bit of freeplay between the spider gears in the diff and also the diff gears, I'm thinking more about grabbing the axle in between the CVs and turning it by hand - I'm pretty sure I've felt clunky worn out CVs doing that before, but I think it would have to be noticeable bad to produce the symptoms you're talking about.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm no axle man but 10cm sounds like way too much play, I wouldn't worry about 1 or 2cm

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh yeah now that I'm thinking about it more I've had my RWD god machines up in the air with the handbrake on and you can rotate the inner CV by hand to see if there's and play between the CVs up to the hub locked in place. A good CV will have basically no play, a worn CV will have a small click but they still drive fine, to cause problems I think you'd need a noticeable clunk.

Your FWD gaybox can't like the hubs with the handbrake but you could do the Scotty kilmer trick of wedging a piece of wood between the drivers seat and the brake pedal and sliding the seat forward to lock the front brakes on.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have the 1992 as my daily. I'll have it as my daily until one of us dies. I have a feeling I'll be first.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Looks tidy

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Super comfy.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's lighter with less digital BULLSHIT than modern cars

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These are really terrible highway cars. 4th and 5th gear are literally identical and geared way too low so you sit at like 4k+ rpm. Pretty sure that's why the piston exited the block in the one I drove. In it's defense it still ran on fire slightly with a hole in the block for a few miles.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty sure you let it run out of oil because you're moronic

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

manual or auto? how is the v6 on the highway in comparison

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sorry.. I found the upgraded version

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm currently looking for one.