This is the best style of ratchet and I'm tired of pretending it isn't.

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>need to tighten something past 50ft/lbs
    >skips

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Skill issue

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nah, the internal pawl style is very strong

https://i.imgur.com/ClWqyM7.jpeg

I wish I still had my old kobalt swivel head ratchet. The newer kobalts and the craftsmans just aren't the same, too bulky.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

for me its the 1/4" socket when I need to fasten a 5mm bolt

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I'm tired of pretending it isn't
    who the frick pretends with tools. you use the shit that makes the job the easiest

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can confirm, I have one of those in 1/4" drive and it's so fricking useful

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nah

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you know that feeling when they talk but you can't tell its one of those people? i like that

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Her t shirt is pretty cool

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>her

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I broke 4 of those in a month and gay-on banned me from getting replacements.
    Now every time I see one of their trucks it completely coincidentally gets multiple flat tires.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Anon, stop putting cheater bars on 3/8" and 1/4" ratchets..

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You don't need a cheater bar to break those things, they're weak at that pivot pin. I broke 2 taking out old spark plugs.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Bepis

Regular flex head is better. Swivel heads are too bulky in some spots.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why not both?

• 2 weeks ago
        Bepis

Because I’m not double fisting ratchets when I got an impact in my hand anyway

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

me third from top

• 2 weeks ago
        Bepis

Stubby boi,

The Gearwrench 84T ratchets are the best combination of value and strength and stuff of any I’ve tried.

8. 2 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

No because the handle is hard to fit a cheater over

• 2 weeks ago
      Bepis

The soft grip handles are nice if you’re working around painted stuff. Or if you need to work in freezing cold. I don’t really go out of my way to get em though, they get torn up when you need to whack the handle with a hammer.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

have yet to find a way to kill pic rel. although i wish i had some friends in the us so i could get some of the many swivel head models. koken is too expensive

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why the FRICK do 12-point sockets exist?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why the frick do 12-point bolt heads exist?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Kraut space magic

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As far as I can figure, it's either to give you twice as many opportunities to fit the socket over the hex head if you have little clearance or so that it also works for square nuts.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm tired of pretending this isn't the best ratchet I've ever had.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tfw bought it with a 25% off coupon

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I got one from Walmart (Hart brand) and it's a phenomenal piece of shit. It's sturdy-ish when fully extended and it does come in handy, but the locking mechanism is trash and would always jam up. It comes with a lifetime warranty which is why I decided to take a gamble on it in the first place, but I was too lazy to file a warranty claim. I guess they got me. I put some chassis grease on it and it works fine now. Harbor freight can't be too much better quality. If it's dirt cheap go for it, otherwise beware.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that shit actually robust when extended? I've mulled over getting one in 3/8ths numerous times so I don't have to reach for a cheater or grab a longer ratchet

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I can break lug nuts loose with it and my oil drain plug. Not sure about anything else more heavy duty though

12. 2 weeks ago
    greased geese

You probably want to take this to >DA as this is a car board (/o/)

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The on/off indicator is worth it alone

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 1/4” swivel head ratchet is a must have for everyone. Ratcheting nut driver mode is sort of a game changer.

• 2 weeks ago
      Bepis

That’s the best case for the fatter comfort grip handles. The plain chrome handles on the 1/4” are more awkward to spin in a straight line.

Most regular flex heads will go just over 90deg though and you can twist em fast almost like one of those old school electician’s spinner screwdrivers with the bent shaft.

The on/off indicator is worth it alone

On the roto heads? Those are the worst. You almost always need 2 hands while a regular ratchet just requires a flick of the thumb.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *