This is the interior of the first mass produced electric car the GM EV1

This is the interior of the first mass produced electric car the GM EV1
Why the frick have electric cars always had horrible interiors?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

As a necessary part of the branding that EVs rely heavily on (because they're practically inferior to ICE vehicles for most people) they strive to be a vision of th future, which of course only exists in the future. So they end up as some nepobaby liberal arts school midwit's idea of what the future looks like, because that's what they are.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>cheaper to run
      >cheaper to maintain
      >dont have to go to the gas station every week
      >safer
      >practically inferior to ICE vehicles for most people

I'll give you this though, people like yourself like to LARP that a cheap EV couldn't do what you need it to do, because you are constantly driving 1000 miles up a rocky mountain pass in a snowstorm towing a 10,000lb trailer to commute from your 20,000 acre ranch to your rough and tumble blue collar job.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>Cheaper to run
        maybe, depends on your electric company power in my area is very expensive

>cheaper to maintain
        even the cucks at the DOT pushing the cuckmobile have said it's only $600 bucks over the lifetime of a vehicle. And they cost booku bux compared to my econobox

>dont have to go to the gas station every week
        I visit my sister many states away, lots of people make >300 mile journeys. Range gets worse with age too

>safer
        (citation needed)

>your rough and tumble blue collar job.
        Oh so you're projecting your own inferiority complex on to me, how Nice. I drive a company truck, fyi.

2. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

i like a lot of EV interiors
    i think your ideologically opposed to them so you criticise them harsher than you otherwise would

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>DUDE HUGE IPAD
      I have nothing wrong with EVs

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

Every car engineer that thinks that screens are a substitute for the gauge cluster and climate controls/media deserves to be sent to designer hell

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

I'm absolutely convinced that interior designers almost never build a mockup and run through the motions of use
          >in '23 merc
          console controls feel as if designed for an creature with tri-posable thumbs
          >in '24 'burb
          >>rear seat cupholders sit right where driver/passenger elbows go
          >in shitbox aughts cobalt
          is intuitively placed and nothing is in the way of anything else

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

Oh they're gonna take it all away from you eventually and you'll only be able to talk to your car and have to use an app to see anything other than a HUD of your speed

3. 5 days ago
    civil engineering stud

That looks vastly superior to the average EV despite the Opel bin parts

4. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

What's wrong with that interior? It's plain, simple and almost race car like but it's not that tryhard modern minimalistic bullshit you find in every new EV. This car was a cheap electric econobox, not a Cadillac.

5. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Pretty based tbh, just change the steering wheel and it'll look good

6. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

But that's based, simple, minimal. The only way to improve it would be to eliminate that clunky shifter (holdover from an ICE car) and integrate all those button controls into a single streamlined, responsive touch interface.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>responsive touch interface
      .in 1996

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>giant metal hook, glowing neon signs all around, "THIS IS BAIT"
        >still replies
        this is why this board is awful

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

real talk, buick's screens in '88 were more responsive than most overladen intern-stackexchange-copypasted infotainment jokes

7. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Except for the moronic central cluster setup, that's a based interior. If the gauges were in front of the driver and integrated into the dash well, it would be really good. The plane-ish looking flat button panels are neat.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

Yeah if it didn't look completely different to how it fricken looks then it would look good

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>1 component of the interior is all of it
        Every other component other than those gauges being in a shitty spot, it looks good

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>GM parts bin plastic lazily plastered all over the center console
      >Featureless symmetrical dashboard that clashes with aforementioned clusterfrick
      >No prioritization of the driver's seat
      >Gift box in the middle of the steering wheel that clashes with the round design language
      >Shifter out of a 1995 PC gamer magazine controller advertisement
      >Cheap smoke plastic KITT lights across the dash

With that taste I'd hate to see your wife pal.

8. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

the millennials making modern house tutorials for minecraft 10 years ago are now at ev-buying age
    [insert critique of modernism]
    nuff sed

9. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

this looks claustrophobic as frick with 0 visibility

10. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Low sweeping dashes are cool.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *