This is what $5k gets you in 2024 for fun secondary vehicles. >leaking civic with tons of terribly installed mods

This is what $5k gets you in 2024 for fun secondary vehicles
>leaking civic with tons of terribly installed mods
>wrecked, barely running miatas
>rusted out fox body frames
>a beginner bike
It's not even about being poor I just can't justify dropping $10k+ on a hobby I only get to work on when I'm not wageslaving. The only other option is to become a debt slave and get a fun daily that takes 3+ years to pay off. Do I just need to get into racing sims and wrenching on bicycles to get that fix in?
How did it get this bad?

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Have you tried making more money

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm trying bro

https://i.imgur.com/XgJ9tTB.png

Theres a lot of affordable stuff out here. I might pick up a $2k shitbox, $3k minivan or $4k civic soon

Why would I want a shitbox minivan for a weekend car? I'm talking about vehicles that are actually enjoyable to drive not dailys

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Minivan is awesome weekend car. Load up all of your stuff, take some frens, go camping, hit the beach, whatever.

Driving a Miata like an incel gay is lame after a couple of hoons

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Load up all of your stuff, take some frens, go camping, hit the beach, whatever.
          you could do that in any reasonbly sized sedan or SUV. minivans are gey and hard to work on. slopey nose = tiny engine bay

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

On a budget you want to go against the grain and get what's unpopular. So lots of fwd. Scrolling on my local group this is my best find

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Mechanics special risky business

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Zs are actually somewhat fun project cars. They're so old and beat to shit that it doesn't really matter anymore, and for some reason there's a ton of custom parts that fit on them.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Black personed out 90kmi 6 speed TSX for $7500
          Holy frick what a steal.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Theres a lot of affordable stuff out here. I might pick up a $2k shitbox, $3k minivan or $4k civic soon

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
      • 1 month ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/8tOMTqx.png

Manual transmission, lightweight, 4 doors and AC. Perfect enthusiast car

Ugly, unreliable, and boring shitbox. Thanks for proving my point

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>BAWWW I CANT BUY A CORVETTE FOR $500
          get real homo

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Mint miatas used to be $3k not that long ago you get real

>Load up all of your stuff, take some frens, go camping, hit the beach, whatever.
            you could do that in any reasonbly sized sedan or SUV. minivans are gey and hard to work on. slopey nose = tiny engine bay

>Black personed out 90kmi 6 speed TSX for $7500
            Holy frick what a steal.

this

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You can still get cheap miatas but they'll be ncs because ncs are unpopular

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

ncs are $8k around me busrider

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>5k to 8k is a meaningful difference
            Too poor for this hobby lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm just not moronic enough to overpay for an anemic shitbox

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You idiots were saying the same thing about everything affordable when cars were half their current price in 2018

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Take your meds

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Back in 2018 I bought a properly working L6 4x4 from a dealership for $2400 OTD. I put 40k miles on it, only did tires and oil changes and it died of poor maintenance in 2021

After 2009, bmw was the only manufacturer putting L6 engines in SUVs, and everything is going to shit with electronics and bad designs

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Mint *anything* hasn't been $3000 since like fricking 2008. 8k is the new 3k. This isn't a car thing, the economy is just dead. Sucks to suck, goy! Thank your local representatives!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I bought a Saab 900 turbo with 80k on the clock for 3 grand in 2018 and sold it for 4 in 2021 with 110k. Fun little shit box.

>since like fricking 2008
            you weren't even born yet homosexual

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

80k isn't mint. You're getting sloppy seconds.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're missing summer school, Pedro.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>get real homo
            Are you pretending that it has an engine immobilizer? The only theft protection that thing has is the stick shift and an empty gas tank (optional). It's Seattle so the Kia Boys might know stick up there. Better always leave it with less than 1/8 tank.
            For that age, "low mileage" could mean close to 100k miles on the odometer, right where the longer lasting hyundai's fail.
            Might want to look up the availability of replacement motors. Just as a heads up.
            This type of car is why people get warned about the sunken cost fallacy.

>Perfect enthusiast car
            Three lies in one.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>parents suck
          >homework is lame
          >I want a race car for $2k
          kek sorry zoomshit, enjoy your new ride 😉

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

How do you know if it is or isnt reliable?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>How do you know if it is or isnt reliable?
            If you don't mind the weekly changing of the motor mounts, the pt cruiser might be okayish for reliability. Think Dodge Neon. At least it's unlikely to be stolen.
            The other one, look at the h on the hood. Is it in italics? If so, that is a strong indicator that you're not going to have a good time. It's older so it will just fall apart. The newer ones have a chance of self igniting for absolutely no reason before it has a chance to be stolen or a for the inevitable engine failure. Unfortunately, the older one is likely already near the point of inevitable engine failure and finding a new engine with low enough miles to bother engine swapping will be problematic.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/3x8Um3Z.png

Just frick off from this board homosexual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Free isn't affordable for that piece of shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Cuando millas?

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/3x8Um3Z.png

https://i.imgur.com/XgJ9tTB.png

>anon makes a thread about SECOND cars, for FUN
      >this fricking quintuple Black person posts his local craigslist spicmobile grocery getters
      fling yourself in front of a speeding train

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You make the most of what you can afford. Back when I was a teenager, I had fun hooning my mom's caravan, and by the time I saved up $1500 to buy an old 5spd Supra, I didnt want to abuse it too hard, so I found a $200 geo metro for hooning. Then 90s hondas, needed a van one time so bought one for $300, decided to try pickups so bought 80s f150s for $1000 and sold them after a month cause pickups suck and are stupid.

Anyways anon should just make the most of what he can afford as we did in the before times

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You're illiterate I guess. The thread is about A FUN SECOND FRICKIGN CAR NOT A SHITPILE DAILY DRIVER YOU DUMB Black person SHIT

https://i.imgur.com/Zm2IeIL.jpeg

This is what $5k gets you in 2024 for fun secondary vehicles
          >leaking civic with tons of terribly installed mods
          >wrecked, barely running miatas
          >rusted out fox body frames
          >a beginner bike
          It's not even about being poor I just can't justify dropping $10k+ on a hobby I only get to work on when I'm not wageslaving. The only other option is to become a debt slave and get a fun daily that takes 3+ years to pay off. Do I just need to get into racing sims and wrenching on bicycles to get that fix in?
          How did it get this bad?

>fun secondary vehicles
          >fun secondary vehicles
          >fun secondary vehicles
          >fun secondary vehicles
          >fun secondary vehicles

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Second car, 3rd car whatever. You're the moron who wants a "fun weekend car" that cant also function as a DD. You dont even have any kind of perameters other than it doesn't exist in current year, and cant be used for everyday shit

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

This anon is right. OP is a whiny b***h. If OP wasn't a petulant child and actually cared about fun he'd buy something like this sexy beast

and strip it down into a stupid weekend hot rod and maybe learn something useful about mechanics along the way.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>pic
    I dont know what's more digusting, the shape of Captain Ahab's body, the cringy use of dumb wojack maymays, or the fact that this shit gets posted outside DA.

anyways you're just looking at the wrong places. certain junkyards sell running/driving shitboxes for $1500-$2500. Get one, title it (hardest part) and tinker with it for giggles.
    Old volvo. Windowless white van. A civic with a janky transmission. A bunch of crusty 00's domestics that you wouldn't be caught dead in outside Section 8. A couple old Acuras with torn up leather seats and barely-not-dead engines. Old V8 work trucks that probably have more dead cylinders than firing ones. Etc. All could be yours for a couple grand, a visit to the ghetto ass junkyard and a bunch of paperwork.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

bro we just went over this in another thread.
    5k will get you a 323i e36 in good condition (in Germany)

that's. beautiful and fun car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Speak English ESL

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Fun is over

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm ignorant of cars and the average woman knows more about cars than me but even I suspect OP is trolling.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

- I suspect it's highly regional. I have found that while prices in the Midwest have seemingly returned to normal especially for commuter and oddball 30 year old survivor cars...the cosmopolitan areas in the south have remained at their elevated pandemic levels and may even be getting worse. I can't speak to other areas in the states as I don't live there or have family there.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Two years ago it was cheaper for me to import a car with less than 40k miles from Japan, including shipping, taxes, terrifs, and fees, than to buy a 300k miles Gen2 Prius locally that either needed a new battery or a new electric motor unit. It's still cheaper to buy a decent quality grandma car from Japan than a clapped out shitbox here stateside. even now if something rolls under its own power, with a salvage title and burning 1 quart per 1000miles it's 3-5k.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Not only is that car RHD and impossible to find parts for in the US, but it will also be rusted quite badly at that price point.

t. have a coworker who imports cars and flips them and I inspect them for him

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Shares parts with the Maxima and q45 of the same year, most wear parts are always in stock locally and exceedingly cheap. Shares engine mechanicals with a vq Maxima. But sure please make things up and tell me more about my car. Mine did not have rust at this price. It had a bent hood from a failed hood support strut. That was pretty much the only issue.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

if it shares parts with the maxima why not just buy a maxima

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Because then no one would give him attention and ask what kind of car it was if it was a maxima

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Because it's not a Maxima. It has a larger nicer cabin, more sound damping, lower interior volume, slightly nicer materiels. It's RWD or AWD with another 100hp over a Maxima.
            Just because it shares brakes and some suspension parts doesn't make it even remotely close to the same car. Its the same platform as the CIMA/q45. They all's have some interchange compatibility as far as common wear parts.
            It just happened to work out at the time, with the market the way it was, to be signficantly cheaper and yeild a lower mileage higher quality car to buy from over seas.
            It's also cheap so if it gets totaled out it's no big deal.

Because then no one would give him attention and ask what kind of car it was if it was a maxima

I dislike talking to random people. Luckily a large two tone sedan is invisible to most people.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I miss when Japan was just shamelessly copying Euro brands. They did it better than Korea or China do it today

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

one of my girl friends says it looks like a wish.com Bentley which does make me chuckle. It does make some lovely BOV sounds too.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Doesn't share a single body component, only a few interior components, and two suspension components, with a Q45. Checkmate, homosexual. You accidentally stumbled into someone who actually knows the cars. Whooopsie

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It shares a lot more than that.
            Shares brakes (rotors, pads, and caliper/piston loading kits), bearings, rotors, all 6 ball joints , all rear control arms, front tension rods, outer tie rods, all sway-bar links with US market cars ( some variation of Maxima, Q45, and S13 parts) as shared or direct interchange parts.
            Vq30's share a majority of wear items like gaskets and sensors regardless of transverse or longitudinal placement. Alternator from a Pathfinder is a direct fit, with proper rating. Belts from a 350z work, fan clutch unit is shared across multiple Nissan platforms.

items we do not have as an interchange that are common failures : Turbo cars cant use the standard cam sensor for US market VQ's due to a hardline that runs across the front of the engine casing. Good news is that sensor with the connector at the proper angle is 12 dollars with 9 dollar shipping from the UAE, making it it cheaper to go that route anyway.

>only a few interior components
            The frick are you doing to a car that requires you to constantly replace interior panels? Those are also almost all still available from the dealer with reasonable shipping rates if you are for some reason breaking things.

Sure the body is bespoke. Big deal. If it gets hit hard enough to cause irreparable damage to a structural part, the car is toast anyway. You don't seem to know as much as you claim.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

How do you cope with a right side driving position? That can't be comfortable in American roads.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's really easy. I live in a city that often does not allow cross traffic turns without signals (IE one way flow at intersections, instead of bi-directional flow). Rural roads are generally fine as there is plenty of space to see around and allow for safe passing on the left, on the rare occasion there are broken lines.

I don't use drive throughs as I prefer to just go into the bank, or to an eatery or a pharmacy as no one goes in anymore you get faster service this way. You can reverse through and while I tried this a few times when it was raining, it tends to make the tellers or service people irate and is best to avoid doing.

I also find it a lot easier to reverse park RHD cars for some reason. Although this car is automatic, manual also feels better RHD I assume because thats what I learned to drive on (mk1 Ford Capri).

I find people that gripe a lot about driving a non conforming traffic direction car and make it out to be an insurmountable task never actually tried it but just have a loud opinion over it. Many people in the US have rhd pleasure cars like British roadsters, and a lot of people in the UK and japan have classic American cars. Seems fine.

<this car is my shit box, It's a daily commuter, and leaves my other cars for fun>

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

5k can get you a good car, if you dont pick the meme cars.

>secondary vehicle
    first gen z4s are cheap and better than meme-ata, but you guys love being gay.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No one wants a shitty MemeMW that is always breaking

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Cheap
        >Reliable
        >Fun

You can pick one, occasionally two.car prices are moronic right now but thinking you could possibly get a car that's affordable, fun, and not going to break down is even more moronic.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

z4 is literally more reliable then meme-ata.

go drive one and see how much of the koolaid you drank.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Idk, I just got a v8 swapped, rwd car that weighs 3300lbs, running and driving for $5500, no major rust or mechanical issues

11. 1 month ago
    Marked

Here's my recently acquired 5k foxbody

It's got 44k miles and a tall deck stroker motor

12. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

I think I put like 5k into this car, I realistically couldve done it much cheaper but I insisted on doing a t5 swap and replacing all the wear parts.
    it's got a 250k dingleball bearing job roller cam truck 302 with the stock lifters and cam put back in it.
    I payed like 500 dollars for it with a dead v6 in it and I probably couldve saved alot of money by just throwing that 302 straight into the car because the aod was probably fine.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Take the Euro roadster pill anon. Alfa Romeos are never more than $5k. You can get a nice MGB for like $4k. Fiat 124 maybe $3k.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Aren't all of those notoriously unreliable

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I see some ZZW30 MR2s for that money in seemingly good shape, should I take the pill?

15. 1 month ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>open Facebook market place and expecting to see deals
    moron
    you need to walk around and find cars for sale in neighborhoods or know people who frick with cars
    I've never paid over 1k for any car except my dodge cummins, a lot of cars I have I got for free

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can get tons of BMWs in ok shape the $5k-10k
    >inb4 but BMW
    If you’re not a wrenchlet, know how to use google, and have a bit of money you’ll have a proper RWD platform with an inline 6, great handling, and a comfy interior.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>If you’re not a wrenchlet
      99% of people immediately filtered

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

if you have the time to wrench, you have the time to make more money and pay someone else to do it.
        It’s that simple, wrenching takes lots of time, space, and tools to learn. Not everyone has a lift, lathe, or hours (if not days/weeks) to spend working on cars.

Even then doing basic maintenance is good, but doing oil yourself only saves like 10-20 dollars, and finding a place to dispose of it, and storing the used oil is a pain.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Have you ever considered that some people on this board actually like cars?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>actually like cars
            driving sports cars are fun, yes.
            you don’t have to wrench to enjoy cars
            >having to wrench on your own vehicles
            For the novelty sure, but when you have to keep replacing brake pads, changing oil, flushing your radiator, swapping out parts, it can quickly become a headache if you don’t have the experience and something goes wrong, and the only source of info you have is 20 year old posts on a niche forum.

Richgays just have a mechanic repair their shit, take their cars to the track, and enjoy them.
            Meanwhile you think that spending hours of your time doing menial labour or chores for your vehicle is fulfilling when they could be driving it instead.
            There’s lots of project cars that get dumped because people can’t spend the time or money on them, nor have the space or tools for them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm curious. How expensive are BMW parts as opposed to say, Honda, Toyota, etc?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

IDK, my BMW has only needed oil/filters in the 2 years ive had it.

Gotta run 7Qts of euro 5w40 and a $9 filtr, so that there is 2x as expensive as a civic

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Depends on the part obviously. I’d say in average 30% to 40% more for non M cars.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

IDK, my BMW has only needed oil/filters in the 2 years ive had it.

Gotta run 7Qts of euro 5w40 and a $9 filtr, so that there is 2x as expensive as a civic

Is it worth it? I want to rent a BMW for fun, but I don't know how they compare to older ones.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Well idk what you consider worth it.
            A 128i with M3 control arms and a good set of coilovers will out handle anything short of a Miata or a BRZ.
            A 6-speed 128i with the 3-stage 330i intake will be faster than a stock 335i while being a lot more reliable, and tossable.
            I think that’s pretty worth it for the $5-7k it might run you.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A good "beginner" bike can still easily go over 100mph and accelerate faster than any car you'll ever own. What's the issue?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>What's the issue?
      Picking one. I'm not versed in bikes.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I bought a running Z for $1000 a couple months ago. Affordable cars are out there, you just have to find them.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

4k fit is the new 3k civic.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Picrel is more accurate...
    You can get a $5k car and drop $2k into restoring it. That's the smart move if you can wrench.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

*ahem* are you forgetting somebody?

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Got me a nice, running straight-piped '99 Chevy Blazer LT, 4.3l V6, 190HP, AWD, below 3k. Man, this is just awesome what that SUV can do offroad. It's not bread offroader, but it's nice car to fool around. Also parts are cheap af

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>5k for a beginner bike
    uhhhhhhh maybe if you shave your legs and are racing in the tour de france. I think there's another board for that though

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *