This is why I'll never buy brand new cars ever. This is getting really stupid.

This is why I'll never buy brand new cars ever. This is getting really stupid.

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is why I'm glad I got a Tesla, knowing my data is safe because the car can't be stolen.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Still kinda put off by the fact that tesla employees were sharing streams of people in their cars as pastime. People thought they could converse private things in their cars. They thought wrong

https://www.reuters.com/technology/tesla-workers-shared-sensitive-images-recorded-by-customer-cars-2023-04-06/

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Every time I get in my Tesla, I say "I hate n-words, israelites, and clowns" directly into the camera before driving off.

• 1 month ago
          Surgery Recovery

Do, you say "I hate hispanics and arabs too"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

moonman moonman can't you see?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nah, this country was built on Hispanics and I haven't seen a Muslim irl in years.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

And yet, that data was not used against them and was not leaked. If anything, the article is just hearsay which is irrelevant. It was just random videos that was found by the training team.

2. 1 month ago
    944 appreciator

My 944 doesn't collect my data. I love my 944!

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i have nothing to hide

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This makes it seem like you think privacy is some sort of privilege, when in truth it's a basic right. It's literally in the constitution.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

ignorance of the law is no excuse

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

See

[...]

[...]

[...]

>Buy only old and used cars when you buy a new car for yourself. The older the better. The more primitive they are the better; the less fancy features they have the better (remember: “Whatever can go wrong will go wrong”). Always repair old cars if you can rather than buy a new one. It is that simple. If you do this you will suffer so much less from car trouble than if you buy a new car. Let the car manufacturers sell no more of their modern garbage! Force them to either start making good cars again or force them to go bankrupt! HailaR WôðanaR!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i'm not going to do a single thing that wiener guzzling race traitor says

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How is Varg a race traitor? kys

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Raah ragh burn churches!
          >Christchurch? Oh no no no! My poor precious innocent harmless muzzie wuzzies noooooo!

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A: Opt out in the software
    B: Pull the fuse
    C: Replace with an aftermarket head unit
    Pick one based on your schizo level
    EVs are doomed, however

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You can go through all that hassle and you will just find something else that spies on you, why not the problem in the bud by taking your meds so that the paranoid thoughts go away and live happy?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I took my car apart and unplugged the telematics antennas. it throws codes in the telematic gateway but there's no visible codes for the driver on the dash. it only shows up in a scan or the dealer diagnostic screen that you have to hit 3 buttons simultaneously to see. I can't pull a fuse for it because it has CANbus going through it and it will kill the BCM and DDM/PDM if I do.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

What car do you have

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Often, like in new phones, the GSM module is embedded not just in the SoC, but the CPU itself, with it's DMA access provided remote access for all ISPs and car manufacturers.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>not just in the SoC, but the CPU itself
        What to you think SoC mean

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>A: placebo
      >B: bricks your car until you put it back
      >C: headunit is integrated in nucars and also controls AC and all other functions

What year cars are safe?

I'd be wary of any with onstar/equivalent and remote-updateable GPS for sure.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

is that a man?

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My car has a black box and gps data. It's about eight years old.
    Don't crash.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What year cars are safe?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anything with a carb.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Such an important comment to make, brings so much to the conversaton, thanks for making it. It's not just on the same _board_ but sometimes the CPU itself, your spergness.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

no better way to prevent your movement from being tracked than to never move at all

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

US carriers shut down 3g networks so anything from before LTE shouldnt be susceptible to dragnet data collection. It is likely still vulnerable to targeted attacks but you aren't important enough for that. The silver lining is a lot of auto makers were still using 3g modems until the last possible moment to save a few pennies per car. When I was searching around I found a lot of Toyotas still used 3g modems until the 2017 or later model refreshes. Do forum searches for people complaining about the remote vehicle services no longer working. You want those.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i would say almost anything before 2010, smartphones were a new thing, majority of cars had no cameras inside or outside (only detection sensors), no big tablets aka shitty screens in your car or wifi, most of the cars had no GPS (it was optional)
      Pic related, a BMW 3er from 2008 and 2014

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anything before January 1st 1996 🙂

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah bro just buy a used car

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

what if you build a little faraday cage around your ECU

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Wireless processing?

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can’t avoid it forever though, so you might as well embrace it now. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy all of the neat features like 360 degree cameras and adaptive cruise control. (I’m unironically serious, I love the cameras and ACC in my new cuckbox).

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>ah! A papetcut! May aswell kill myself now
      Would expect nothing more from frogposter

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I saw a video recently but can't seem to find it anymore in my history
    was just a chill american dude sitting in front of his car in a agragae talking about this. likely the link came from here.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yet you have a phone with you at all times that does the exact same thing lmao for over a decade now.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You can degoogle a phone very easily, or carry a dumb phone.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It still has a gps inside of it tracking you everytime it connects to a cell tower. Go commit a crime with your phone on and find out just how quickly the police will have records of where you went that day.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Triangulation from cell towers and GPS are two completely different things. Cell tower triangulation can be off by a factor of miles depending on your cell signal and its also not readily available information, the like datamining scumbags are after. The GPS module doesn't "talk" to any external device, it works without cell signal and without internet. Unless you run spyware in the same device you run your GPS you don't have to fear anything.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Cell tower triangulation can be off by a factor of miles depending on your cell signal
            if you can make a call, they know your location

>its also not readily available information
            what is that supposed to mean?

Our records show you were driving slightly too fast, so now your insurance costs twice as much.
            We also overheard you discussing your disapproval for [current political topic] on the same day you went to a gun store. Unfortunately, that's a red flag for you so you won't pass your background check and be able to buy the gun.

>Our records show you were driving slightly too fast, so now your insurance costs twice as much.
            this is already dangerously close to happening. my provider state farm gives you a little off the premium if you install their app when driving. it won't be long before they push lawmakers to make this app mandatory or else you're deemed at a higher risk and suffer a premium increase.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Cell tower triangulation can be off by a factor of miles depending on your cell signal
            >if you can make a call, they know your location
            Sure, just not the exact location. And this matters a lot when we are talking about privacy. Them knowing I was "downtown" is not the same as them knowing I was at building X.
            >its also not readily available information
            >what is that supposed to mean?
            It means it can't leak to any third party.

Plus it's still pretty easy to have a sim that is not tied to any name on many countries and in most countries it easy for it not to be tied to your specific name. It is also possible not to use a Sim at all considering how easily available WiFi has become. There are other ways like using a mobile hotspot modem.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>possible not to use a Sim at all considering how easily available WiFi has become
            You'll be on CCTV then. Even worse imo.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Sure, just not the exact location. And this matters a lot when we are talking about privacy. Them knowing I was "downtown" is not the same as them knowing I was at building X.
            The latest wireless cell network standards allow cells to vary wildly in size to accommodate different population densities.
            This might be a good thing for using phones in urban areas, but a single store might have its own cell now. They will know you went to that store.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Faraday cage for your phone

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>All your car collects data
    And? What are they going to do other that show me ads of shit that I might actually buy because I am not a seething poor that gets triggered at not being able to buy cheap chinkshit of Amazon? I am also not a fricking schizo thinking I could change the world by shooting up a Wal-Mart

Take your fricking meds homosexual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Our records show you were driving slightly too fast, so now your insurance costs twice as much.
      We also overheard you discussing your disapproval for [current political topic] on the same day you went to a gun store. Unfortunately, that's a red flag for you so you won't pass your background check and be able to buy the gun.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Our records show you were driving slightly too fast, so now your insurance costs twice as much.
        So set cruise control at the speed limit.

>We also overheard you discussing your disapproval for [current political topic] on the same day you went to a gun store. Unfortunately, that's a red flag for you so you won't pass your background check and be able to buy the gun.
        Imagine giving a shit about politics in 2024.

The problem isn't data collection, it's the fact that you are fricking moron.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You're trying a little too hard

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Well abuse cases have already appeared, for example when it turned out Tesla employees were sharing nudes from car cameras in people's yards and recordings of convos inside cars.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What's the point of these threads?
    Any time these get posted the autistic contrarians just spend the thread screeching about how it's useless to to think about this or how you shouldn't care.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

based car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I agree.
        I like em even better than the goats because of the big chrome grill and more raw appearance.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i find it hilarious that nobody saw this coming
    i dont like nucars because im poor though right

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That is correct

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Surely my 2018 Corolla XSE doesn't do this. It doesn't have OnStar. Glorious Nippon wouldn't betray me like this

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Surely my 2018...
      My 2019 Frontier needs to be paired with a cellular device if you want to use the optional tracking features. It doesn't come with anything that can independently connect to a cell tower.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not my problem because I will never be able to afford a new car.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>buy car with onstar
    >used 2g network
    >automatically deactivated 2 years ago without having to lift a finger

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>buy a connected nu-car
      >it uses t-mobile's network so it will never have a signal anyway

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>buy 2016 base model challenger with the comically small 5-inch radio because it has no cellular modem or back-up camera
    >voice recognition system disabled by factory software bug
    >use alfaobd to disable TPMS and the seat belt chime

fuk u gubbermint

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Car doesn't even have OBD2
    Oh noes.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you guys realize your information is 99% likely to be on the darkweb? oh, and you face can be identified from hidden cameras. go live in the woods you schizos.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I don't know how technology works so stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalala
      The funny thing is that you decided to share this information with us. Any half-concious human being would be way too embarrassed.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *