this machine broke my valve stem on my tire when I tried filling up my tire

this machine broke my valve stem on my tire when I tried filling up my tire
i googled a bit and found out others with same problem.
how are they still around?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How on earth could you break your valve stem with one of these?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

many such cases. its happened to me twice over the years at different stations

• 2 months ago
        Bepis

>the machine broke it
        >twice
        Umm anon, I hate to say it, but that might be user error.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

americans pay for AIR

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

only those with no social skills, all you gotta do is ask the attendant to turn it on for you

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>speaking to plebs to save a dollar

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

this cope has a vibe similar to when you ask americans about their tipping culture and they get defensive

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>hey can you turn the air on for me
        >you gotta pay, the machine takes card and coins
        what do you do now smart guy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>land of the free

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

their valve stems are dry rotted so they break off when they try to add air lol. You broke the valve stem, not the machine. Maintain your shit or go buy a bus pass.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

who is their? you mean mine?

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i'm just surprised you guys actually can leave them on the valve stem in the first place. where i'm at every single servo that has had pic related has been damaged in some way so that you must hold the hose on the stem until it's filled up. at worst it's a mild inconvenience.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

whats the name of that fitting

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Clip-on air chuck or something

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

michael

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Paying for air
    These tire fillers are literally free in my country.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The machine didnt break your valve stem, your caveman ass broke your valve stem with the machine. Have some accountability for Christ sake.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

how?

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>XactAir
    Kek.
    Xactly NO air (for you)

>Hello, TripleA...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

thats exactly what happened. how did you know?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Sorry I'm a bit tipsy, and it struck me more funny than it truly is.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

………..yet another reason to be self sufficient and carry your own tools with you everywhere. i’ve had good luck with every single air pump i’ve used. but that’s just because it’s always got a brand new fitting/hose because some USELESS CRACKHEAD JUNKIE keeps breaking them all over town. was that you op? how did this even happen?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

at hose should i carry around? so this doesnt happen again

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Slime-Deluxe-All-Purpose-Tire-Inflator-40034/325247621
        you should find one of these close by. bought this exact one from an autozone about 3 years ago but never used it. tried it out the other night and it’s fricking fast. i know you might want something “fancier” or heavy duty but don’t do it. i’ve blown about $300 on nicer pumps before and both times, the fricking cigarette-lighter-adapter snapped off inside the plug.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

thanks

wait, a hose? why? so you can rig it onto the air pump that you constantly have to pay a dollar to use? don’t even bother. that’s not a sensible thing to do

yeah im askin which fitting to buy so it doesnt break my valve stems again

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No moron so YOU don't break YOUR valve stems again. Valve stems all work the same, how is clipping onto the outside instead of you holding it there touch or remotely do ANYTHING to the valve stem that's on the frickinside? Do youknow how your valvestem works?

Just change the tire and get the valve stem repaired at a shop. Should only cost like $20-30 to have it repaired. Valve stems break more often than you think and the repair for it is quite easy, as long as you can remove the tire from the rim.
            Also, be careful when using any air pump. Just jamming it on the valve stem isn't going to get you far.

You're gonna pay $30 for a part that costs literal cents?

Clearly OP isn't talking about the stem stem but the valve inside and there's no reason to take the tire off the rim for that

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

wait, a hose? why? so you can rig it onto the air pump that you constantly have to pay a dollar to use? don’t even bother. that’s not a sensible thing to do

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I have air compressor in the trunk, it's pretty handy. Offroading guys even install them in their rigs permanently.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just change the tire and get the valve stem repaired at a shop. Should only cost like $20-30 to have it repaired. Valve stems break more often than you think and the repair for it is quite easy, as long as you can remove the tire from the rim.
    Also, be careful when using any air pump. Just jamming it on the valve stem isn't going to get you far.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP has done no preventative maintenance, won a stupid prize, and cries about it; News at 11

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *