This thing seems pretty cool to me. We need more rally cars for the road again.

This thing seems pretty cool to me. We need more rally cars for the road again.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Small hot hatches in general are really the best fun cars you can buy for reasonable money. The GR Yaris is probably the pinnacle but really a Fiesta ST or Clio 200 with some mods are fantastic as well without being costly or you having to worry about them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>the pinnacle
      K20 civics and swaps were the absolute peak of obtainable shitbox fun, especially when you could get them for $3k + some simple mods

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

hondas have always been and will continue to be expensive in the used market due to autists. plus, cheaper civics are slow as shit.
        a clio rs 172/182/197 can be had for next to nothing and is fast enough as is, plus is 10 years newer so won't have holes in the floor.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes. The GR Yaris is 70k in Australia, not that far off Supra money. Looks like an awesome car, but affordable is not in the chat.
        Same with civic type r

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>rally cars for the road again.
    Do you not realize how dumb that sounds

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Do you not realize how dumb that sounds
      People have been using that phrase since homologation specials have been around. Everyone knows rally cars are technically road legal and race on public roads, but the meaning of that phrase is clear and sensible to anyone capable of abstract thought (rare on DA)

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>It's way too expensive
    >Also idgaf

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>A 50 thousand dollar corolla with a timebomb engine meant to replace the previous timebomb STi that Toyota made subie kill
    Ya nah, at least the STI rear diff doesn't blow with extra power and sticky tires

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

G16E is a frickload stronger than EJs were with their brittle pistons and the car drives better than any STi did. STis also have no problem starving the oil pan on sticky tires with right hand sweepers blowing the motor.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

mentally broken homosexual scream its internet tourette.
      I bet you love bmw or merc.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They're driven by furgays, they can keep that.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Furries drive all the nice cars, literally every one of them.
      They own more supercars and exotics than DA, that's for sure. Someone on /mlp/ was slapping horse decals on their Lotus Elise.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Lotus Elise
        >4 cylinder Toyota engine
        >Supercar or exotic
        KEK

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Furgays drive literally everything.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Furries drive all the nice cars, literally every one of them.
      They own more supercars and exotics than DA, that's for sure. Someone on /mlp/ was slapping horse decals on their Lotus Elise.

Furgays drive literally everything.

So true

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Frick I wish that was me

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Things people will think about you if yoi drive that:
    >you're gay

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>you should buy a car that appeals to normies, that's most important

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

heheeh pusy

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How the frick is that a rally car lol? Is this a rally car?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

technically yes. But it was very unsuccessful. Was nice to drive in Gran Turismo.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeh.
      But it only ran in WRC, so there's no homologation models, parts that would fit a road car or any real aftermarket
      Was the SX4 2.0 ever sold with a manual and/or AWD?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Was the SX4 2.0 ever sold with a manual and/or AWD?
        Yeah you could get them with AWD and a manual. You could even get dealer installed turbo kits for them.

I still don't know why you would ever compare a $50k road car to a $500k+ rally car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Out of curiosity what part of South East Asia was that picture taken? I want to say Cambodia based on the building materials and that fricking things they do with the wooden armchair spokes above their doors, plus I always dig the nice concrete bunker house positioned right next to a literal corrugated metal shack. Looks comfy.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

picking up mine tomorrow frickers
    last 2024 built before they jack the price

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it looks like it already crashed. I wish nips weren't so terrible at design.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

One of the few good modern interiors

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Frick, that's nice. Need to go back to masculine interiors.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The facelift model comes with an optional handbrake dildo

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Oh yeah. Oh frick yeah.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Oh yeah. Oh frick yeah.

Handbrake decouples the rear axle when used so you can keep the throttle planted on a handbrake turn. It works so well and hasn't gotten old yet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Some later evos also had this feature. Not really about keeping "the throttle planted", but it allows you to do a handbrake turn without having to declutch

>Was the SX4 2.0 ever sold with a manual and/or AWD?
            Yeah you could get them with AWD and a manual. You could even get dealer installed turbo kits for them.

I still don't know why you would ever compare a $50k road car to a $500k+ rally car.

Ah cool
            I wasn't trying to compare a $50k road car to a $500k+ rally car, what OP means is a rally inspired/oriented performance variant. And some of these, like older Subarus or this current Yaris then only need a few changes to do just fine in rallye events.
            In case of the Suzuki you only have the two extremes: An AWD warm hatch and a full WRC rally car, but for others you also get a whole spectrum in between.
            Performance road car>upgrade parts>basic group N style rally car>WRC2 and so on

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>more rally cars for the road again.
    why?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It looks nice (for what a boxy hot hatch it is), interior looks nice and simple.
    Why not equip it with a decent 2-2.5L 4cyl though? I trust a 3cyl 1.6 doing >250hp from factory very little.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Why not equip it with a decent 2-2.5L 4cyl though? I trust a 3cyl 1.6 doing >250hp from factory very little.
      They developed the engine for rally homologation because the engine in the road car has to be the same as in the race car.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Well those go with a hybrid power unit. Couldn't they make a non-moronic version with a bigger, less explodey engine?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They were developing the engine before the rule changes in Rally1, now they run in Rally2 if I'm not mistaken, don't quote me on that. There's benefits to a 3 cylinder engine over a 4 cylinder of the same displacement, and it's been out for 4 years now and no one's reported anything serious issue apart from the valve springs.

TL;DR they already had the engine developed but they changed the regulations so they released it anyways instead of spending more money on R&D for a new engine.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>because the engine in the road car has to be the same as in the race car.
        Doesn't the actual rally Yaris have a 4 cylinder?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Rally1 version is forced to use a 4, yeah. In Rally2 they get to use the 3 cylinder. Rally1 regs are kind of absurd, at least they're planning to ditch the hybrid.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

In Rally1, because everyone in Rally1 is supposed to use the same engine called the Global Race Engine, be it Hyundai or Toyota or Ford. It's a 1.6L direct injection turbo 4 cylinder. Toyota was developing the G16E before the new regulations dropped, so they wanted to go with a 1.6L direct injection turbo 3 cylinder instead. Their Rally2 car however DOES use the G16E because the rules allow for it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nothing much changes, the number of cylinders has no effect on durability like you think it does. If you see the engine in person, the block is thick as can be. Its fine.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>you vill drive ze pod

It might be a performer but imo it's hideous and I can't forgive it for that. It's too tall for it's length and looks like a decapitated Pug dog head rolling on wheels

15. 2 months ago
    Sage all ugly slow gay cars

Ugly. Slow. Gay.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

About a year ago it was between this and a 2019 civic type r.
    I went with the type r but I always wonder about this guy. I think they're slightly smaller which would suck since I have a carseat. But AWD and NEW sounded nice.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

oh I thought OP was the GR Corolla. Didn't notice it was the Yaris.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want this in the states. Frick toyota of america

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pity they don't sell that in the US.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>We need more rally cars for the road again.
    Why

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

But all rally cars are road legal, it's part of the FIA rule set.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How difficult is it to actually buy one?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>that'll be $1 mil plus tip

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Rally2 cars cost between 200-300k€ to buy, and around 80€/km to run

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://racecarsdirect.com/Category/Details/19/rally-cars

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I have the 208 gti, it's fun. Wish it had awd thobeit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Wish it had awd thobeit
            AWD would ruin it. The whole point of little turbocharged hot hatches is they're a bit scrappy and you drive them on the front end, lift off oversteering and going round corners on three wheels. With AWD you'd get drivetrain losses, added weight and push-on understeer for a marginal gain in 0-60 and wet traction.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Those are some good points. And I doubt I'd benefit much from AWD with the way I drive anyway, other than in snowy weather on long trips.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

god I wish we got those instead of the GR Coperolla

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>1 million Eurobucks for a rally car
    Prerunners are like 50k-100k builds, just build your own

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But you can't larp as a Europeon with that

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Brother what is that? What is that brother? You couldn't put a bit of fried baloney in that ramen? Not blessed.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For ricer boy shrimp dicks lol. Real men with cash would buy something like an M340i. Classy yet powerful.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *