TIRES

This is a thread about tires and tire related questions.
Picture related are my OEM tires. Should I be worried about this?

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yup, those tires are toast. Are they still under warranty?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They have 21k miles on them and the car, so I guess they could be covered. Is this damage? What is this type of damage called?

I never noticed it when I bought the car. Truthly, I only noticed it after hitting a 120 mph one day but no clue if it's related. Should I reset the computer before taking it to the dealership, if it is a problem?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I wouldnt drive on them. It looks like the sidewall is separating. One solid bump and it could come apart.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Have seen that type of damage quite often

Its while mounting the tire with a maschine and the maschine rips into the tire but doesnt tear it and damages the wall.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh wait they are Continental,

they had that for a while, on conti tires thats normal and not any damage

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anything that isn't Michelin is cope rubber.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've got an 8 year old commuter sedan. What is a simple, quiet, all season tire that isn't trash chinese shart

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Michelin Crossclimate 2, if you're on a budget Kleber Quadraxer 3

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've got an 8 year old commuter sedan. What is a simple, quiet, all season tire that isn't trash chinese shart

Cross climate 2s are god tier. Severe weather rated, quiet, decent fun in summer. I presume the the gas milage is low but who cares

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Thought about getting these here soon but they are expensive. My question is, why not get defender or pilot tires?

>Severe weather happens once in a blue moon and if you're not moronic you can handle a car with chinese tires
        >I've heard they are not quiet
        >Not sure about how grippy in hot summer corners but looking at their designs they look far from slicks compared to regular tires

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Michelin says that you don't have to worry about it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This.
      Absolutely nothing wrong with those tires.

I wouldnt drive on them. It looks like the sidewall is separating. One solid bump and it could come apart.

When the sidewall separates you get bubbles.
      That's not a bubble.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I worked at a Continental factory and there is no way I would ever put Contis on my car. Id rather run bald.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Shut the frick up homie

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I’m thinking about getting a set of Mashimoto ZX tires for my civic. Anybody here tried them?

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I picked up a Lexus GS that came with a relatively-fresh set of Bridgestone Potenza sports, I gotta say these things are pretty damn grippy. I take hairpin turns at upwards of 50mph without the wheels breaking loose. Then again, my gen GS has realllllly fricking aggressive stability control, so that could be a variable.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

16th week, of 2022.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sounds right. I'm actually surprised they're not older though, I bought the vehicle fairly early in 2022.
      Picture is different tire.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/UZQ036L.jpeg

Sounds right. I'm actually surprised they're not older though, I bought the vehicle fairly early in 2022.
      Picture is different tire.

That's their expiration date. Your tires are stale.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have been driving with a bulge (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) on the inside of my tire for about 3k miles now. I just bought these last year. I think I am just gonna keep going until the tire eventually commits soduku. Continental Pro Contacts

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

are walmart tires good enough? I don’t wanna spend 1/5th of my shitbox’s value on a new set of tires and I just reached the 5 year mark with my current set. think I could delay it a little longer or should I just get these cheap ones?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I bought Goodyear Reliants many years ago.
      I don't recall anything particularly "good" or "bad" about them - they were adequate cheap all-season tires.

I worked at a Continental factory and there is no way I would ever put Contis on my car. Id rather run bald.

I've been running Continental ExtremeContact DWS all-seasons for the last two sets I've had on my Fusion, and I've been perfectly happy with them. Very good wet performance, and they do "okay" in the snow.
      I will be buying Continental ExtremeContact Sport summer tires when my new wheels come in for my GR86. That's how happy I've been with the Conti's.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>when my new wheels come in for my GR86.
        >my GR86
        kek opinion discarded

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've had DWS06 and their successor the DWS06Plus and they're noisy and a bit harsh but a fun do-everything tire. If I could get around in Iowa winter in a fricking Miata with em, they're fine. They were fantastic on my Alltrack (by the way, watch Copart for a white one - fricking deer. The DWSes on it have around 10k miles and hardly show it.). The Mazda 6 I replaced that with has some new Nokian something-or-others the dealership threw on before I bought it which are fine, but I'm gonna get some Blizzak WS90s for a 17" set of wheels I had for my NC unless there's some new winter hotness at a reasonable price. I was gonna run the RE-71s that are still on there for a giggle but the left side ones are worn worse than I thought - local track beats the snot out of the left tires.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

tiregay here. that indent it where the plies of the sidewall nylon overlap. essentially, it's double reinforced in that spot. so instead of uniformly inflating out, you get this indent where it is stronger and resists the inflation. it's perfectly normal, and you will see them on most passenger car tires.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2nd this.
      Used to work in a tire shop and constantly have to explain this to angry customers. We even had signs from tire manufacturers explaining that it's normal but people still won't listen. One moron boomer even kicked his tire and said, "you feel that?! It's not right I can tell!" like his magic foot can tell him anything.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My rear tires had those when i got my car

8 months and 9000 miles later nothing happened, and i drove the car up to 140mph during the time, its fine

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tire reviews is pure autism.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wish I only had a slight depression

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The frick is 'oem tires' you loser. Just buy new tires if the main line is under 1.5 mm

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The frick is 'oem tires' you loser.
      Um ... the tires that came on the car when it was new.

Is this aggressive ignorance?
      Do you get angry and lash out whenever you encounter a concept that you don't understand?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its just stupid thing to say. Also its just not OEM as the manufacturer is different.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Also its just not OEM
          Except it actually is though.
          They (Continental, Michelin, Goodyear, whatever) is the Manufacturer of the Original Equipment on that vehicle.
          It's literally what "OEM" means.

Car companies don't directly manufacture most of the parts in a car.
          They go out and buy parts from companies who specialize in manufacturing circuit boards or serpentine belts or shock absorbers or tie rod ends or valve lifters or fuel injectors or tire pressure monitors or brake pads or on and on and on.
          Those are the Original Equipment Manufacturers of the parts of a car.

It's entirely appropriate to refer to the tires that came on a car as the OEM tires. It sounds a little strange to refer to tires that way, but it's accurate.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They are the free dishwasher capsules that came with the dishwasher. They have to pay for car manufacturer for the advertising space. end of story.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

I was going to refute your idiotic claim of tire manufacturers paying car companies to use their tires, but since you said "end of story," I guess I can't respond.
            Fricking cheat code to win an argument. I wish I though of that and said "end of story" in my previous reply. Damnit I'll be kicking myself over that one.
            Oh well. Thanks for the back-and-forth anyway. I guess you've won. End of story.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For me,
    Potenzas > Conti's > Michelins
    I've just always had a shit experience with Michelins. Never were worth the price premium. Unfortunately, there are not any Potenzas in my size right now FRICK!
    I am coming close to buying different wheels tho. 20" is suffering for potholes + tire selection.
    245/30 ZR20
    Many people have gone to 18's and have only lost a LITTLE steering stiffness / feel. Or so I hear.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I live in leafland and only get like 2-3 months of above 15C dry weather. I switched to the new potentza sport as and it's really great, better than both the michelin and conti UHP all seasons I had prior

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I luv'em man.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Potenza Sport a/s is the shit

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Running these on the Miata and the GTI:
    https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/g-force-comp-2-a-s-plus
    Cheap, decently good, and needed for those rainy days.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i have that. i’ve also been driving on the wear bar for the past 3 months. i think i’ll be okay 🙂

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My dishwasher recommends fairy platinum and gave few capsules as a gift They are long gone and its time to move on. I'm using finish powerball now.

Don't be a fricking consooomers.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

They are the free dishwasher capsules that came with the dishwasher. They have to pay for car manufacturer for the advertising space. end of story.

what the living frick are you talking about?

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

he's comparing dishwasher soap to tires because as a complete fricking homosexual and also a monumental moron that is his only frame of reference
          >my appliance does this
          >this is now my entire worldview regardless of context

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Serious question, i have now 6 year old summer and winter tires so i been using one set only half of year, summer tires started to have bit of dry cracks but theres still plenty of tread left? Should i already change my tires, the reason i havent done it because previous owner bought expensive ones and i would probably settle with some cheaper ones.

Are old premium tires worse than new cheap ones?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2 things that kill tires are Age and UV exposure.
      a 6yr old cracked summer tire is basically done for.
      good for a big burnout but that's about it.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just bought a set of these. Better wet weather traction than a pilot sport 4 according to independent tests. Traction AA, Temp A, 320 tread wear. Picked up the entire set for $293.

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are these balancers worth shit?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can't tell from the picture, does it spin? If it spins, it might be barely usable. If it's just a balance, then I would highly doubt it's worth a damn.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's bubble balancer.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have one, because the clearance from the inner barrel of my race wheels to the calipers is really tight (like two credit cards maybe) and the monkeys at the tire shop never listen when I ask them to balance on the inner rim away from the caliper. I tried like 5 different shops and they all ignored me when I asked them, so frick it. if you're careful the results are honestly not bad at all, the vibrations are minimal even at high speed. I don't drive much on these wheels though, I get my daily wheels dynamic balanced at the shop like before.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anyone run Kumho PS31?

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i bought the michelin cross climate 2 and happy with them
    I live in France, and by law, we have to have snow tires in certain mountainous areas. I drive all types of climates throughout the years (sunny, rainy, snowy, slippery) and I no longer have to worry about fitting tires every few months.
    quite happy with how they drive tbh

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the tradeoff is they look ugly as shit

24. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

If the wire mesh under the sidewall got torn somehow, you should be worried about it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *