>tires magically go bad, not from miles, but from time

>tires magically go bad, not from miles, but from time
>those lines on your tires mean that you have to spend money on new ones!
>source? w-w-w-well BECAUSE I SAID SO!

Date codes and "dry rot" (fake news) are a scam anons. None of my tires are newer than 2015 and I have never spontaneously combusted.

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've never got my car tires to rot into failure, but I did replace a bulged dry-rotted bicycle tire recently. Good thing it failed in winter storage and not under my ass.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Date codes and "dry rot" (fake news) are a scam
    Let me guess, spoiled food and mold are myths, too?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't know about those, I'm not a moron who leaves food sitting out all the time.

Anyways sorry you don't know about cars like I do, maybe someday you'll learn

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use ancient tires sometimes. I don't take that vehicle when it rains, I check the tires reasonably frequently.

A date code is real. Dry rot, is real. You can decide when you change your tires.

2015?
    hah 2005 over here.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Date codes and "dry rot" (fake news) are a scam anons

>Tangible physical evidence that it happens
      >Hurr durr it's a scam

>None of my tires are newer than 2015 and I have never spontaneously combusted.
      Apply the scientific method. Keep testing to see what happens.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Are you a fricking Iraqi or some shit? Change your tires. I don't want to see wires sticking out of your failing rubber. This is America, you fricking homosexual.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Liability reasons

https://i.imgur.com/1Tq1YDg.jpg

If you have a car less than 69” wide you can use your tires to the point you can feel the difference.
      The Coupe had ‘05 and I think ‘08 and they were pretty damn hard and slick. The roadster had 2012’s with what was probably less than 1000 miles on them, but they went in the trash. They weren’t terrible, but they also weren’t exactly confidence-inspiring. Especially when cold.
      New rubber is just so much better.

If you dont give a frick about grip or your life, why not run on the rim and have unlimited miles. Why pay the rubberjew?

Rubber naturally hardens as it ages, which of course reduces mechanical grip with the road even with a tyre that is completely unused.

I put a tyre from 1998 on my 4wd last year. It was unused. Looked 100% fine, no cracks or anything. I did about 700KM with it and the tyre delaminated with a bang. Smashed the mud guard when it happened. Still held air but I was driving on wires until I could pull over and change it.

Rule of thumb is that a new Chinese tyre is going to be better than any old premium tyre that you can find. Tyres get dangerous when they are 10 to 15+ years old.

The funny thing is, if you wear down new tyres very quick they actually produce more grip in the dry because there is more rubber in contact with the road (kind of like a slick)

>rubber
      Tires aren't made from rubber anymore. Tires are made from synthetic polymers from petroleum byproducts now.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>liability
        Just don't crash

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's still called rubber, you stupid motherfricker.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_rubber

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you have a car less than 69” wide you can use your tires to the point you can feel the difference.
    The Coupe had ‘05 and I think ‘08 and they were pretty damn hard and slick. The roadster had 2012’s with what was probably less than 1000 miles on them, but they went in the trash. They weren’t terrible, but they also weren’t exactly confidence-inspiring. Especially when cold.
    New rubber is just so much better.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They make durometer testing tools pretty cheap and for my motorcycles any tire over 70 is smack dab in the "sketch" range. Pretty sure my sport bike tires were in the 40-50 range while the old cruiser bias ply's were 80+. A hoot in the rain.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you dont give a frick about grip or your life, why not run on the rim and have unlimited miles. Why pay the rubberjew?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>why not run on the rim and have unlimited miles
      Because you have no idea what you're talking about. A bare rim will grind off very quickly.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the only time I have a bare rim is moments before your mom services it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Disgusting man, she's old, obese and ugly as frick. You need better standards.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't pay for my tires anyway. I steal them from junkyards, that way the corpos don't get my money.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I buy new tires because I like a smooth ride

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is a third world thread.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You are importing us at this very minute.

I recently replaced my tires with 2011 manufacture codes.
      They still had enough tread left to be legal (or at least legal enough for the inspector to ignore it), but the front tires had visible chunks that had fallen off throughout the tread pattern.
      Not too long after that I was on a freeway through a very heavy rainstorm. Personally I'm glad that I wasn't using those tires in weather like that.

Chunking is sketch and I have personally had older tires (10 yr old or so) all seasons under steer pretty bad on me in the wet.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I recently replaced my tires with 2011 manufacture codes.
    They still had enough tread left to be legal (or at least legal enough for the inspector to ignore it), but the front tires had visible chunks that had fallen off throughout the tread pattern.
    Not too long after that I was on a freeway through a very heavy rainstorm. Personally I'm glad that I wasn't using those tires in weather like that.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rubber naturally hardens as it ages, which of course reduces mechanical grip with the road even with a tyre that is completely unused.

I put a tyre from 1998 on my 4wd last year. It was unused. Looked 100% fine, no cracks or anything. I did about 700KM with it and the tyre delaminated with a bang. Smashed the mud guard when it happened. Still held air but I was driving on wires until I could pull over and change it.

Rule of thumb is that a new Chinese tyre is going to be better than any old premium tyre that you can find. Tyres get dangerous when they are 10 to 15+ years old.

The funny thing is, if you wear down new tyres very quick they actually produce more grip in the dry because there is more rubber in contact with the road (kind of like a slick)

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Indeed. Ever visited a log cottage? Guess what: those logs will have cracks over time, yet it will stand solid and firm. Same applies to tires.

The tyre pattern dissappears? Guess what. Formula drivers end up going speeds 200mph and they have slicks. TYPICAL ROAD SPEED IS 60. Threads are SCAM .

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>homie drivin on lincoln logs
      bumpy ride esse?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I bought tires for my C1500 because the dry rotted ones went flat finally. I crashed the truck 2 weeks later. Doh.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>modern superlegerakriegskartoffelspezialinjetionediablorotweilerhakkapeliittaroadmaxcuck tires
    >Go bald after barely 5k miles
    VS
    >Soviet LK-5252 Hижнeкaмcкнeфтeхим tires
    >Half a million miles later barely worn down a thousandth of an inch

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>barely worn down a thousandth of an inch
      >no grip either
      Физикy нe нaeбёшь.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>anon discovers that everything decomposes with time

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Wait till OP finds out iron rusts.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No it doesn't, if you brush it with used oil first. I change my oil every time I need to re-coat the underbody of the car.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I went over 100mph on my car's original spare tire from 1999 a couple years ago. The trunk must have kept it relatively protective. It didn't have any dry rot.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I still have my original spare from 1993. You can tell it's never been used because the paint where the lugnuts would be, is completely pristine. Just don't let the tires pop.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *