To all the haters: dilate

Just inspected the car. It looks basically as described. Interior shots were a little old, and the cheap/fake carbon pleather has gone to shit. Rest looks oo though. No engine compression results yet but it starts and runs fine.
Now to find a parking spot where it won’t get stolen.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hood has hydraulic struts which is cool.
    Tires are stretched 19” on some rays that I can sell I guess.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Hood has hydraulic struts
      isn't that a thing on a lot of cars though.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Engine oil was last changed 1,000km ago… in 2020 lol.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

may as well scrap the car m8, it's over

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What’s a rotary without a rebuild, eh?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Would be based if you weren't a moronic, poor wrenchlet. Excellent way to spend the last bit of your money though. Didn't you have to take out a loan to get this riced out shitpile?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you sound jealous

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, I just hate seeing you make an absolutely moronic financial decision and decimate any chance you had of pulling yourself out of your crushing debt with the worst example of an FD you could find. That thing is going to be an enormous headache, and you don't know how to wrench for shit. You could have at least shot for a clean one, but this thing is terrible.
            Good luck and godspeed anon. You're gonna need it when you're living out of your broken shitbox.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A clean one is an extra $15-20k. This one has a better interior than 90% of “clean” FDs these days (minus the shitty boot pleather which is a $100 fix). With that $15-20k saved I can replace the engine and transmission and still have money leftover for swapping out exterior bits. Whereas a clean model would still probably need an engine rebuild along with who knows what else.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, until you start to uncover all the Black person rigging under all those ricer parts. Why do you think a clean one goes for that much more? Maybe you'll get lucky, but riced out shitpiles are typically cheap for a reason. This would be a totally different conversation if you weren't a wrenchlet and planned on doing a lot of the work yourself, but we both know you're dragging that shit to a shop where you're going to get charged out the ass, and that money you "saved" by buying a shitty example is going to dissappear faster than you anticipate.
            I remember you saying you had to take out a loan because you've destroyed your savings and you have no impulse control. Obviously you didn't learn your lesson.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> you have no impulse control
            Hmmm… maybe I should get that tattoo’d somewhere.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Lol, hopefully those seats are comfortable to sleep in, moron.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>cope cope cope
            >with that 15-20k saved
            Jesus Christ you're bad with money.
            Fact is, you didn't need that car. And the sacrifices you had to make just to keep yourself in depth over a car you didn't need is beyond moronic.
            FD's are cool, no one's denying that but you can't afford one, simple as. You wouldn't have had to sell so much shit if you could ACTUALLY afford one.
            Make sure to ape out and pull a gun on the repo guy when he comes knocking.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>This one has a better interior than 90% of “clean” FDs these days (minus the shitty boot pleather which is a $100 fix).
            I find that baby poo paintjob pretty gross, but you do you. Keep us posted though, I'm genuinely interested in this saga and it's like a billion times better than the endlessly regurgitated dogshit bait that is 80% of DA these days.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Agreed. OP is a fricking moron, but I'm invested in how this turns out.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ss2eJRd.png

>it's fricking automatic

no problem, he's going to pay the swap to swap it out. won't more than like.... a thousand bucks or something 🙂

The shop I sold my car to is going to do it for basically the cost of parts, since I sold them my car for dirt cheap. It'll be a few thousand dollars. Roughly speaking:
            >transmission: $500 (used) or ~$1500 (new)
            https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/1138683210
            >wiring harness: $750 (new) or $75 (used)
            https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u1128209338
            >ecu ($300 for a used PowerFC or $75 for a used OEM ECU)
            >pedals: $200-700 (used vs new)
            https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j1135757848
            >clutch & flywheel: $700ish (lightweight flywheel)
            >bunch of misc bolts, clutch master cylinder, bell housing, etc: $200-300
            That's under $3k if using mostly new parts. Much less if everything is used. That's less than one paycheck.
            I kind of want to do a DCT swap for fun, but that would be moronicly expensive.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>handshake agreement to wave labor costs in exchange for a cheap shitbox
            >not even considering all the extraneous fees and labor that will inevitably pop up with a project like this
            >shop is aware that you're a completely clueless wrenchlet
            You're in for an assfricking, anon. Keep us updated as that "few thousand dollar" bill doubles, then triples.
            >That's less than one paycheck
            Are you a NEET with no other financial responsibilities?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Are you a NEET with no other financial responsibilities?
            No, I have a job.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And you have no other bills, so you can sink the entirety of your paycheck into this shitbox? Even when you're doing the work yourself, the initial cost assessment is always low.
            Unless you're really good friends with whoever owns this shop you're taking it to, I can almost guarantee the no cost labor agreement will not stand after the first couple bills, especially once they start finding more shit wrong with it.

>I kind of want to pay the mechanic to do a DCT swap for me*
            Yes, exactly. Thanks for clarifying for the seething poorgays ITT.

Aren't you massively in debt and had to take out a loan to buy this car? I'm starting to think this is just really good bait. If it is, 10/10.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm in the process of negotiating the debt down. Turns out if you just don't pay it back and hire a lawyer, they'll bargain with you to at least get something.
            I own my house outright and don't have many other hobbies so despite debt payments making up 20% of my income until recently (less now), yes I can dump an entire paycheck into this shitbox every month.
            The debt is US based, the assets are all overseas, so good luck to the debt collectors.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I kind of want to pay the mechanic to do a DCT swap for me*

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I kind of want to pay the mechanic to do a DCT swap for me*
            Yes, exactly. Thanks for clarifying for the seething poorgays ITT.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lmao you dimwit Black person even if I were Bill Gates rich I wouldn't let someone else do the work for me rofl you are a woman, plain and simply

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And you have no other bills, so you can sink the entirety of your paycheck into this shitbox? Even when you're doing the work yourself, the initial cost assessment is always low.
            Unless you're really good friends with whoever owns this shop you're taking it to, I can almost guarantee the no cost labor agreement will not stand after the first couple bills, especially once they start finding more shit wrong with it.
            [...]
            Aren't you massively in debt and had to take out a loan to buy this car? I'm starting to think this is just really good bait. If it is, 10/10.

post your rx7
            oh wait

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not yours, it's the bank's, kek.

I'm in the process of negotiating the debt down. Turns out if you just don't pay it back and hire a lawyer, they'll bargain with you to at least get something.
            I own my house outright and don't have many other hobbies so despite debt payments making up 20% of my income until recently (less now), yes I can dump an entire paycheck into this shitbox every month.
            The debt is US based, the assets are all overseas, so good luck to the debt collectors.

>call other people poorgays
            >Black person-tier debt avoidance and needs a loan to buy a riced out shitbox
            You need to get your fricking priorities in order anon. But if you don't, and you do decide to dump a bunch of money into this heap of shit, please keep us updated, because I want to see.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it's the bank's, kek.
            what bank will finance a 30 year old mazda dumbass fricking ricer poorgay wrenchlet

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

jj best banc and lightstream will finance classic and collector cars. you could also use a secured personal loan with the vehicle as collateral.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kys

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He took out a personal loan to buy the car, he mentioned that in another thread. Almost certainly the car is collateral.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it's fricking automatic

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no problem, he's going to pay the swap to swap it out. won't more than like.... a thousand bucks or something 🙂

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

he saved like 10k buying this shitheap so no worries

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

miat gearboxes are cheap

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the bell housing is different between BP and rotary
            t. miatagay

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The transmission is completely different, too. A Miata 5 speed wouldn't survive a single launch in an FD.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Don't expect intelligence from a miatagay.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anon, I *am* a miatagay.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No it isn't, the gearset actually does transplant between FD and NA/NB transmissions, the case is the different part.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, this is true for the FB and N/A FC but the T2 and FD use an R transmission instead of the M transmission. It's very different internally and much bigger, it's the same as the B2600 and similar to the late Ranger and supercharged Thunderbird.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

dude your fricking dog is puking all over the thread

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/JfTp3o7.jpeg

Mirrors are also an abomination, but will probably live with them for awhile (don’t feel like paying for new ones & paint-matching. Maybe will go for carbon, but it looks weird).

>FD with saddle leather interior

If I had an infinite garage that would be in there.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The shop tried selling me on the new mx-30 rotary. They said the new sp iconic / rx-7 will have the same type hybrid setup, meaning it’ll be boring
    🙁

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ebrake and shifter boots are fricked. Not a huge deal. The black on the ebrake handle is suede. They put suede on the underside of the sunroof as well, which is neat.
    Feels like imitation suede and pleather though,

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

99.9% of suede on cars is imitation suede.
      alcantara = brand name synthetic suede.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Front brakes are 6-pot GREX (cheap) calipers with what look like 330mm two-piece rotors. Rear look OEM. Not sure how brake balance will be with that kind of setup.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

morons ALWAYS unbalance the frick out of their brakes

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dear lord that thing has been riced to death, and what are those oval things in the bumper

Wait a minute, the bumper itself is the whole rear of the car what the frick is going on

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oval things are back-up lights. Rear bumper also has huge panel gap between the trunk-lid as well. I’ll probably change it back to OEM eventually. I don’t hate the top half, but the bottom half is an abominarion. I told Fujita-san I’m taking the Afflux bumper off one of his cars and swapping it out with mine. He wasn’t amused.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

all fds are like that the light strip is the the rear lip of the trunk

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mirrors are also an abomination, but will probably live with them for awhile (don’t feel like paying for new ones & paint-matching. Maybe will go for carbon, but it looks weird).

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

are you the moron who went into debt over this

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not really. Ended up selling a bunch of shit I didn’t need as well as my old car.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

hold a magnet up to one of those panels

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

which panels, the fenders?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Hold a magnet to the hood and trunk skins, if it doesn't stick you know that car is full of bog.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>oem hood is aluminum
          >use a magnet he says
          newbies have to go back

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Was the included image and filename really not enough of a hint for you?
            Yet you'll call others newbie....

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

"The most expensive (desirable car model) is the cheapest one"

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>that rear bumper
    what tasteless shithead would do such a heinous crime

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>That rear end
    When will you homos just admit you want a Vette for a third of the price and comes with actual reliability

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hey look, I'm not going to hate on your car. It has a good engine and it copies the FD, so it looks good (from the front. that rear is ass, even worse than my riced out FD). The interior is equally, possibly even more dogshit, and the suspension design is 30 years behind the FD's.
      And while it has a good engine, the rotary's only real drawback is longevity. Which isn't a problem when you have money.
      >inb4 "well ackshully, an LS swap is only 200lb more than a 13b and only sits 6 inches forward in the engine bay, you'll never even notice!"

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Which isn't a problem when you have money
        that's something you don't have though

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You took out a loan for this pile of shit?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

OP has made a few threads about this. iirc he's maxed out all his credit cards, was struggling with bills, and took out some moronicly high apr personal loan to buy the car. he plans on having a shop do the work to it to make it less of a pile of shit. this car wont last long.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So is this Guy, the new cyberpunk van guy?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>cyberpunk van guy

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

wait a minute. are you following him around and seething about how the guy spends his money?

holy shit you're a petty little b***h!

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/oRALXvN.jpeg

Just inspected the car. It looks basically as described. Interior shots were a little old, and the cheap/fake carbon pleather has gone to shit. Rest looks oo though. No engine compression results yet but it starts and runs fine.
          Now to find a parking spot where it won’t get stolen.

>samegayging this hard
          OP, this is getting pathetic. Just accept the poor decisions you've made and stop coping.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cope seethe dilate

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post your mustang

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nobody is "following anyone around" on DA moron - they bring their cancer here and put it in our face.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well he only seems to know the guys whole life story so I think you might be wrong on this one

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This board is 90% ev and truck bait. It's not hard to follow the handful of threads that aren't.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's just as easy to filter or ignore the moron who's triggering you

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok but don't pretend people are "following him around".

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're following him around

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He's literally pushing his shit in our faces

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, that's your boyfriend in a dress, pushing your shit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nobody is annoying me, I think these threads are awesome. OP putting himself into bankruptcy for the shittiest RX7 he could find is way more interesting than anything else getting posted right now.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Explain this

No, I just hate seeing you make an absolutely moronic financial decision and decimate any chance you had of pulling yourself out of your crushing debt with the worst example of an FD you could find. That thing is going to be an enormous headache, and you don't know how to wrench for shit. You could have at least shot for a clean one, but this thing is terrible.
            Good luck and godspeed anon. You're gonna need it when you're living out of your broken shitbox.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah because the guy keeps making threads here and putting it in his face

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Now to find a parking spot where it won’t get stolen.
    It is called a garage

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The garage in my apartment complex is full and has probably a ~1 year waiting list. I could park it at my second home, but that's about 100 miles away. Most rental garages in Japan are either outside, or if they're covered, they're some variety of picrel, which are difficult for low & wide cars.
      I can swap out the riced wheels and raise the ride height a bit, but the flared rear fenders would be a nightmare to restore to stock, so I'm not too confident with the car elevators. My previous RX-7 was ok, but you had to be careful. This one would probably be a nightmare. So that leaves me with outside lots or roofed lots. Outside lots are common, but roofed, ground level lots with gates are not common. Especially in my area.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Based anon, enjoy it. Obviously get a comp test done and I’d swap out those ancient pod filters

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

"engine compression results" wrenchlet waiting to see if his boat anchor has become more boat anchory like waiting on a piss test, you could have found this out yourself in five minutes if you weren't a little girl

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this has the makings of a disaster story on par with Anon and his burned Lamborghini frame

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What happened to burnt lambo anon? Did he just dissappear or did we ever get closure?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No it doesn't and you were wrong about the z32 too. Quit being an butthole

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

newbie here, qrd on this? Sounds funny kek

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://driving.ca/auto-news/entertainment/internet-mystery-man-rebuilding-burned-out-lamborghini-with-fiero-parts

bottom pic is the last we saw of it

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

An anon bought a burnt out Mercielago so he could put a Lambo body kit on a Fiero. He posted his progress for a few threads, but ended up dissapearing.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are you the tard that said frick it and bought some slightly clapped RX7 with your life savings in April or May?

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wait im so confused
    are you that one young dude who was trying to get loan for 16k or something in 24 hours?

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>He literally bought a meme
    Sure it's faster than my car, but only an IDIOT buys one of those things. You dress like one too probs.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Embrace the rice.
    Changing back just half that shit will look like ass.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>i didnt go into debt for it, i just to sell almost everything I had...and let lawyers do something about my debt
    >the money i didnt have for a clean unit is money i saved by buying a clapped one
    my fricking sides are in orbit. this has some subtle trolling

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Auto fd riced to shit (probably still on stock twins running less than 280 hp)
    Bruhhh..... You fricking rotard

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Next update will be in 3-4 weeks probably. Have to visit family and in the meantime I’ll have the car inspected & registered. Then I can drive it to another shop for compression tests and the like.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Then I can drive it to another shop for compression tests and the like.
        brother the whole point of 90s japaneese legends is you dont let randos work on it kek

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>wrenchlet babby bought this
        >It's totally going somewhere without me spending 5 hours a day on it
        Lol you are fricked

25. 2 weeks ago
    Owner-Optimus Primefag

bro probably paid top market price for a riced out auto FD, leave your man card on the counter on your way out of here. the whole point of owning an FD is that it's a drivers car and drivers cars have manual gearboxes.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the whole point of owning an FD is that it's a drivers car and drivers cars have manual gearboxes.
      no shit, that's why an auto -> manual swap is the first thing that's happening. I like the interior reupholstery and Type RZ seats. Not having to do that alone saves me more than a transmission shop.

https://i.imgur.com/gWu0p3u.jpeg

Here's the before pic

that's clearly a LHD FD, homosexual.
      >Almost certainly the car is collateral.
      It's not.

If it isn't a 93 rz you wasted money

It's a 97 with RZ seats, does that count?

https://i.imgur.com/WGs6hSo.jpeg

Hahahaha how much did you pay for that fricking terrible automatic FD that’s been sitting for years, OP?

$16,000

• 2 weeks ago
        SCBro

16k for that is almost embarrassing. Jesus Christ.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Have you seen FD prices lately? This is what $20k gets you (fricked interior, tampered odometer, even worse rice, etc)
          https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/15/700020173530220509001.html
          There are 0 for sale on BAT and the cheapest on ebay is $25k for this:
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/395442766143?itmmeta=01HZMCXS8HMVSPVCGB6REKQ79T&hash=item5c1239c13f:g:wwwAAOSwjkpmTozL
          I think I did pretty well for $16k.

• 2 weeks ago
            SCBro

lol don’t cherry pick fricking goo-net listings. Thats a site dealers sell their high ass listing prices at. You should’ve gotten with someone to get one from auction

>ebay
            >BaT
            Not relevant at all in Japan.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You should’ve gotten with someone to get one from auction
            I literally bought this from a dealer who bought it at auction for me, mongoloid.

• 2 weeks ago
            SCBro

I’m not a mongoloid who paid $16k for an automatic project car FD lmao cope

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

you're an idiot and a homosexual ricer. That's a fd

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>lecturing SCBro on JDM cars
            kek. the new paradigm of DA

• 2 weeks ago
            SCBro

I am aware of what the car is, anon.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So how do you say something like 16k for a non bent FD is too much? Are you moronic? Do you have any tools?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He's a crayon eater who bought an R32 GTR 10 years ago and thinks he's special for it

• 2 weeks ago
            SCBro

Because it’s an automatic riced out FD in Japan that’s been sitting for four years and needs a bunch of work and he bought it without doing a compression test lol

He's a crayon eater who bought an R32 GTR 10 years ago and thinks he's special for it

I was not a marine

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I was not a marine
            You all eat crayons anyway lol

>helf decent = cosmetically perfect and drives
            OP is certified wrenchlet moron that couldn't change his own oil.

Half decent means that yes
            Transmission swap and eventual rebuild is nothing in the scheme of things
            Big costs come from needing to source glass, panels, interior components and trim, every little thing inside the engine bay etc
            People sell BARE SHELLS for up to 10k. There's another 40k in getting that bare shell to a driving state if you haven't been hoarding parts for the last 10 years
            OPs car is ugly and gay automatic but it's a better starting position than anything else he can get for the same price

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's lucky to even get a trashed roller for 10k.

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>/>27710633
    >the whole point of
    dumbass fricking namehomosexual ricer

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it’s cool as hell that op owns a money pit rx7. it’s NOT cool that he has to rely on random men to fix his shit for him. get yourself together.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

cars gonna hop from shop to shop until OP sells it for a huge loss in worse condition. a tale as old as time.

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Here's the before pic

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Well, Satan.
      That explains a lot.
      I guess if hellfire would have destroyed it completely it would have ended there but you left enough intact to cause suffering for decades.
      Well played
      Well played.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>be OP
      >bored af so take out a loan
      >buy a burnt up, riced, automatic FD
      >intend to buy 3000$ worth of parts but wants other men to work on the cat cause he's a wrenchlet
      >costs will likely reach the tens of thousands as he also includes a DCT swap
      >will later kill himself because his mid life crisis somehow didn't come with common sense
      You give me an Aneurysm. If you manage to fix this satanic shite in the next year or so, I'll post an apology to you. If you don't have a nice day by then.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Next time you check google on spelling, try to remove the capital letter after copying and pasting.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Ahahaha gottim

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You won't post an apology ever simply because your ego won't allow it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It just got better.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Still worth more than whatever op got
      >Also, Cheked unholy trips

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If it isn't a 93 rz you wasted money

30. 2 weeks ago
    SCBro

Hahahaha how much did you pay for that fricking terrible automatic FD that’s been sitting for years, OP?

31. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This guy gonna spend 10k for an auto to manual swap while still running stock twins lamo

32. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

keep us posted br/o/

33. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Anon buys the most expensive rotary, while not knowing anything about rotaries, at one of the worst times to be a rotary, in absolute trash condition
    This will not end well, but it will be funny

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>look at me, I ruined 4 motors! that means rotaries are expensive1

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I can buy almost any pushrod V8, and fully rebuild for the cost of a new set of rotor housings, please don't kid yourself, Anon, rotaries are very expensive and should only be taken up by those who have the extreme rotards disease

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Race motors break. Most people don't have MFR peripheral port housings to run them on the street

34. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

RIP ankles

35. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>New trans
    >New clutch
    >New lsd
    >New turbo cooler radiator (no way you're tunning stock twins with stock cooling lmao)
    >If he wants proper fd experience needs new coilovers unless he just wants to be a rotard
    >New final gear because auto has 3.9 ratio lmaoooo
    >Not even going to talk about engine rebuilds and ports
    This guy is spending way more than 10k to fix this riced up shitbox lmao

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And still cheaper than a half decent manual FD

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Wrong

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Post some then
          I'll wait

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

And still cheaper than a half decent manual FD

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q1121727494
          Here’s your decent manual rx-7. It’s the same year, same mileage, interior is worse, engine bay let’s call it a tie. It’s twice as much ($33k vs 16k)

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>thinking this auto Pajeet specc'd 1999 auto salon monstrosity that has sat for years is "half decent"

lmao. Let me know how your "sub $3k" manual transmission swap goes.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Let me know how your "sub $3k" manual transmission swap goes.
          how much is a FD trans?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they can be had for 300 to 500 if you have wetback peurto rican friends

other than that, they sit on marketplace at 1500

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so 2k for a good one, 500 for a clutch. 500 for some pedals.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>500 for a clutch
            It's a pull type clutch for a 30 year old supercar, $500 buys you a chink piece of shit that's barely sufficient for stock power.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

$2k and you have the seller's word it's good. hell, it might even have a clean case. it's just as much as a gamble as one for $200. if it's a good rebuilt transmission, the owner has no reason to sell it. don't kid yourself

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>if it's a good rebuilt transmission, the owner has no reason to sell it.
            I've sold plenty of good condition transmissions, even one freshly rebuilt with receipts.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're missing the part in the thread where OP said that he will have these supposed overly generous "mechanics" work on the car for the cost of parts where they will swap out the transmission and sort out all the ECU and wiring essentially out of the kindness of their hearts. And it be all under $3k. Still doesn't fix the rest of the car though.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, I could see a small shop offering to comp labor on swapping out the actual transmission itself as part of a deal. OP's fricking cracked if he thinks they'll be swapping an entire wiring harness for free.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Half decent means no smashed up panels, no missing interior parts, no visible rust, a working engine

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Working engine
            >Op hasn't even done a compression yet yet
            Lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If it drives its a working engine
            A lot of cheap non running FDs for sale are sitting there with everything pulled out of the engine bay except fir the engine and owners are still asking for 15k

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>helf decent = cosmetically perfect and drives
            OP is certified wrenchlet moron that couldn't change his own oil.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>he missed the massive FMIC
      The car already has coilovers. Final drive I don’t know yet until I take it apart. A new transmission is $2,500 if I buy one new, otherwise they’re $450 or less used.
      https://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-as-auto/10000030/
      https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h1127995033
      Final drive + pumpkin is only a few hundred as well.
      https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d1127889903

He's literally pushing his shit in our faces

lol, lmao

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Anon, surely you aren't so moronic as to believe you're going to buy this troony for $500 and actually... get it for $500, right? How much do you think it's going to cost to ship a large heavy piece of aluminum and steel across the fricking ocean?
        If I were you I would simply get an RX-8 transmission and relocate the shifter, given that you're a wrenchlet, pineapple makes it as a kit, though it isn't cheap

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Anon, you’re right, it might cost something.
          …..I just checked and I’m back. Shipping is free.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sure there's no catch? e.g. free shipping up to certain weight or size?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I sure do hope you live in japan and never intend on leaving lmao

36. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>he bought a riced fd that isn't re amemiya or rocket bunny

37. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Rx8 meme "splitter" on the back, lmao.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everything about that rear end is a travesty.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The RE Amemiya tail lights are nice, it just needs the trim

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

what trim do you speak of? O_O

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

don't know what's the exact name for it, but this piece, I don't know if it got removed or the rear bumper simply did not come with it on OP's car.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

checked.
            I've seen those before; I actually hate them, unless maybe it's on a black car, or the entire rear bumper is carbon.
            My first preference would be stock bodywork, but I honestly don't really dislike how this one is modded except for the bottom lights (2x circles and stupid rotary backup light) on the rear and the weird rx-8 stuff going on in front. The shop that built it (autocraft) apparently has a thing for making rx-8's look like rx-7's (good), and rx-7's look like rx-8's (bad).
            The rear fenders are also wide as frick, but that seems to be something I'll just have to live with.
            >transmission swap
            >side mirrors
            >sunroof delete
            Are basically the priorities, assuming there's nothing mechanically wrong with it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn't exactly mean the carbon one, but the part in general, the rear looks very empty without it.
            https://reamemiya.us/products/fd3s-rear-led-tail-lamp-finisher-frp
            Found it on their official website, they also make it in FRP so that you can repaint it in whatever color you want.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ahh, yeah I see what you’re saying now.

38. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>hurrr durrr a bodykit is rice
    The fastest and ""coolest"" you dumb [insert slur/explicative that applies to the moron who is reading this] have ever driven is probably a Chrysler LeBaron, or if you're european, a Fiesta ST.
    OP is a moron for buying an imported pre-modded RX-7 and then not liking what's been done to the car, but that's besides the point.

39. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>RX7
    you fricked up

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *