Tool box advice

I work in a tire shop, but I'm trying to make my way up into a dealership sometime soon.
My uncle says he has a decent toolbox he'd give me for free, but I don't have that many tools to fill it with.
If I bring the box into the shop, all I have is an electronic Milwaukee impact, an air hose impact, two socket sets, a hammer, two ratchets, and some other little miscellaneous tools.
Is it a good idea to bring the toolbox into the shop anyway? It's like the one in the picture but pretty beat up.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is it a good idea to bring my tools to work where I use my tools to do my job
    what are you even asking? are you worried you won't be taken seriously unless you have all snap-on tools and finance a rolling tool chest?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A little bit, yes, because I am a female and already struggle a little bit with being taken seriously in the work place.
      Is this irrational? I will probably go for it and bring the box in some time this week.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I am a female and already struggle a little bit with being taken seriously in the work place.
        Don't let them intimidate you!

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I try not to, plus my coworkers are very supportive.

>I am a female
          Oh brother, here we go. I'm inclined to believe you since only a woman could wonder whether she should bring her tools, which are required to do her job, to her job.

On the other hand, you know the drill.

I keep my tools in a bag in the trunk of my car, but since I work for a large tire brand the tools I need are already provided. It'd just be nice to have a place to keep my things.

Wait nevermind it is me kekw

Poster count

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>my coworkers are very supportive
            That's good

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Would.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

OP here, again. I'm a troony, by the way.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not sure why I thought this board would be helpful and supportive lmfao I guess that's my bad.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post beef curtains.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm rooting for you

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post blown out piss flaps or gtfo
            NGGTNT

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>look guys I can work on my car!
          >changes single tire
          >see? I can work on my car while looking like a fricking moron!
          >sits on top of car doing shit all staring at engine
          how embarrassing it must be to be this woman

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I am a female
        Oh brother, here we go. I'm inclined to believe you since only a woman could wonder whether she should bring her tools, which are required to do her job, to her job.

On the other hand, you know the drill.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'll never work at a shop that has women working in the shop.
        I don't even like them working in the office.
        >working at used car lot
        >two women in the office - mother/daughter
        >constant fricking family drama
        >being b***hy to each other in front of the customers
        >being c**ts to the shop guys

>working at auto parts store
        >multiple women there at different points (staff turnover)
        >constant fricking family drama
        >avoiding work
        >one of them reported me to hr because I was better at the job than her and her little ego got bruised
        >she got fired for propositioning a customer and it was caught on camera

>working at ag dealer
        >one office lady, service coordinator
        >she was actually competent
        >the shop techs would go bullshit in her office as much as they could and shop productivity was terrible

>working at heavy equipment dealer
        >office lady, deals with some service and warranty stuff
        >constant family drama
        >goes out in the shop in sandals when steel toes are required
        >drives equipment she's not trained on
        >damages equipment
        >lies about it until they play the camera footage
        >also didn't bother filing warranty claims on a bunch of stuff, cost the company $60k
        >fired
        >replaced by another woman
        >spends 3hrs/day bullshitting with the general manager
        >spends 3hrs/day eating 8000 calories of junk food while watching tiktok
        >spends 2hrs/day working
        >company just put out a job posting for an assistant for her because "I can't get all my work done"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You should get a full pink service set
        And a sticker that says not 'my boyfriends cart' also don't forget to suck and frick your way around the shop

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A little bit, yes, because I am a female and already struggle a little bit with being taken seriously in the work place.
      Is this irrational? I will probably go for it and bring the box in some time this week.

I'm trans btw

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's not me kekw

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Wait nevermind it is me kekw

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd offer support but you are a woman. realistically all you would have to do is put out to somebody that you might not find exceptionally attractive, and you could never work again for the rest of your life.
    take the toolbox in or don't I don't give a frick if my dick isn't wet.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine being a woman and choosing to work as a tire monkey.

If you really wanted to surround yourself with a mostly male workforce, you could have just cruised though an engineering school (with financial aid you'll get for being a woman in STEM), got a comfy white collar job with an established company (with preferential hiring because you're a woman), and lurked around the office batting your eyes and suspiciously fanning your shirt at the most attractive/competent/highest earning team lead there to set you for life (who will fall in love with you immediately because he barely interacts with women that are not >20 years his senior).

It's so easy, but you work on cars instead.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get the box from your uncle, it's better than nothing. Sooner or later you'll be accumulating more & more tools, once you realize that you don't have any more storage in that old box, then buy a new box that suits your needs. Don't be pressured into buying a tool truck brand box, the ones from Harbor Freight are just fine. Protip: breasts OR GTFO!!!!

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Did you happen to miss every single thread where an aspiring mechanic asks about becoming one and we tell them it's a shit career and you'll be miserable sooner rather than later and that you'll be better off learning wrenching for yourself? It's been more than a decade since becoming one and I absolutely hate cars.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It’s always so funny to me that mechanics have to provide their own tools, even the ones at dealers. It’s like they’re hairdressers renting a space at a salon.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You'll fill a box that size very, very quickly. I've got a Husky 42" workbench absolutely filled with my tools that I use as a hobby mechanic. If you're trying to make mechanic work a career, you'll accumulate tools like fricking crazy. I do all my own work, including modifying two off road vehicles for serious rock crawling. I'm going to need a second box soon and my tools don't even make me money.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *