Toyota considering launching S-FR

According to some reports, Toyota is planning on releasing a competitor to the Miata in the upcoming model years.

>3 cyl turbo
>RWD
>could possibly replace the 86
I don't see this being a bad idea for them.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-s-fr-sports-car-convertible-production-rumor-japan/

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>3 pots turbo
    I'll take the Miata

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>If Japan's Best Car can be believed
    it can't

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

looks to be fixed hardtop and not even a sunroof, how would it compete against the miata?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

targa

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>could possibly replace the 86
    Stupid, make it a nu-MR2. That's the only gap in their current lineup.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>buy elise tooling from chingchongs
      >stuff 3 pot in there
      >6 speed manuel + dct for pussies
      Done.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota already has a nu GR MR2. You know manufacturers can make multiple cars at the same time.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They'll frick it up by making it have a bunch of unnecessary track ready bullshit and it'll cost 40k. No one except Ford seems to care about making good value sportscars anymore

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

and then it'll STILL blow up on the second turn of the track, and deny the warranty again for using a car advertised as track ready on the track

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>deny the warranty again for using a car advertised as track ready on the track
        I don't think the warranty covered "flooring it when all the warning lights on the dash are on", warning lights exist for a reason and anyone who doesn't pay head to them deserves what they get.

Let me guess, you think putting a stick over it means it doesn't exist.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Good value
      >Mustang GT is 50k+ out the door
      Uh huh

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

31 for the ecoboost and 42 for the gt.
        Considering the gt has now 480hp, that's only 88 $/hp. Name 3 other cars with that value.
        For reference, a Miata would cost only 16k at that level.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That's not out the door price.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh right I forgot Toyota doesn't have destination and TTL on their cars...

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was referring to your numbers on the mustang ya silly goose

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But it doesn't matter. That's why MSRP exists.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Out the door price matters more than MSRP. Wtf are you smoking.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you say so. Guess everyone should just stop using the standard used by every company that sells every product in every type of industry.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

who said anything about selling a car?

>Good value
            >Mustang GT is 50k+ out the door
            Uh huh

clearly mentioned an out the door price while you posted MSRP numbers

lmao stfu pussy no one uses that because the rest is based on location and your states taxes and all that shit

just cus you get cucked out the door doesn't mean everyone else does

>no one uses that
            you better be if you're buying

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you better be if you're buying

or when we're comparing on the internet on a global scale you stupid frick, if my state has 40% tax on the MSRP and i say how stupid the car is due to that it doesn't fricking matter

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lmao stfu pussy no one uses that because the rest is based on location and your states taxes and all that shit

just cus you get cucked out the door doesn't mean everyone else does

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The Ecoboost Mustang drives like shit tho

No steering feel, feels fat and heavy, and the automatic is awful even as far as automatics go. The engine doesn't want to rev and it has a super low redline.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Plus they have the body of a mustang but they sound like the 4banger lol tarbo shartbox they are underneath. Hearing someone rev one of those is fricking sad

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

$/hp is the stupidest most bench racer thing I have ever seen in my life

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's 1 literally nothing to do with bench racing and 2 you only think that because you paid over 200 $/hp on a slow piece of shit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's stupid as frick. Horsepower is one of the least important things when it comes to determining how fast a vehicle is going to be nowadays. And it doesn't matter at all when you try to see how well something handles, which is just as important as speed.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The Mustang is a major step down from even a few years ago, no more manual in the EcoBoost, and they effectively eliminated the base model by "upgrading" them all to the larger screens in the interior.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the new mustang is such ass. S550 mach 1 is peak mustang

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm seriously wondering if they fricked the Mustang on purpose in order to kill it off.

The exterior is a pain to look at and the interior would make me want to kill myself if I had to drive it daily.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>my only complaint is they have bigger screens now instead of 2 split ones

lmao stfu fricking whiny c**ts

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Ecoboost

shut the frick up, who buys a non v8 muscle car

42k... Minus taxes, fees, markups, dealer accessories...

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why are you so hung on taxes and fees? Like I want to understand why this is so important to you. I've never seen anyone so passionate about not comparing cars based on MSRP before

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm the original reply, and because it's important to note how much you're actually going to pay. MSRP is not the metric it used to be in years prior with israelitelerships marking up cars to the point it's impossible to pay MSRP, and loading them up with accessories to squeeze out every dollar out of you. Not to mention low 40k's isn't that cheap either for a base v8 mustang.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A 1995 Mustang GT which made only 240hp cost $20,710 which is $43,036 today.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People make effectively less now, and everything is more expensive. Black!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's not the car company's problem. They're raising prices to keep up with inflation every year.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>That's not the car company's problem

It is if no one can afford their cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They're working on fixing this, most banks are now advertising their 96 month payments.
            Meaning that you can walk out of the ford dealership with a brand new Bronco for less than $3k down and $1,200/mo for 96 months.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

115 200 lard bucks for Bronco.
            Do amerimutts really.
            Maybe you guys should learn from germans how to best cut interest rates.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The down payment is nonrefundable anon.
            it's
            >118,200 USD + tips and oil changes at the dealership in order to maintain the vehicle warranty.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>cut interest rates
            Lmao, you're 17 and economically moronic.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Found the culprit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he doesn't know why high interest rates are beneficial right now and why they should go higher
            As I said, you're 17 and economically moronic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not about "paying MSRP". MSRP is the baseline all cars use. Taxes and fees and stuff aren't standardized. That's why we use MSRP as the standard.
            Even if you disagree then at least have the self awareness to realize literally everyone else in the world compares the prices of products by MSRP and just act like a functioning member of society

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>>Good value
        GT is 50k+ out the door
        >Uh huh
        Buddy, it isn't 2017 anymore. $50k is a cheap car now. We've experienced 25% inflation in the past 4 years.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>competitor
      reminder the S-FR concept is built on the NC platform.
      and yeah it's not happening.

the point of the S-FR was to be a very basic and simple sports car for younger drivers. that's part of why it wasn't viable.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Now that St*llantis isn't partnering with Mazda for the NE/NF Fiata anymore, that opens up Toyota to for the NG Miata. They already have a history of partnering with Mazda with the Yaris/Yaris iA/Scion iA and Mazda 2 both alternating which is the rebadge as well as the Bongo Brawny and Familia Van being rebadged from Daihatsu/Toyota. I could see it going the exact same way where Mazda handles the chassis and Toyota provides styling and their own engine, the same way the 124 Spider did.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>3 cyl turbo
    I prefer my cars with a properly sized NA engine. But I'm curious.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not coming to USA so who cares

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Daihatsu involved
    were not getting it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

will it have optional roof rats and rain keeper assist?

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As long as it's better than pic related I wouldn't mind another miata competitor on the market.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's NOT better than the fiata both chassis and motor

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Even a fricking renesis would be better than that dogshit Fiat 1.4

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>3 cyl turbo

Like the GR Corolla? Honestly I'm concerned about those things grenading themselves. Is there a consensus on their reliability yet?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Have you seen the thickness of the cylinder walls? You'd have to actively try to grenade those.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you forgot
    >costs as much as a fricking house

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They have a good thing going with the 86, or at least will if they put a better engine in, so why would they spend millions and millions in R&D to replace it?

Can Toyota do ANYTHING without shooting themself in the foot these days?

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's only a legitimate contender if it makes less than 100 hp and can't fit anyone taller than 5'6
    also they already have picrel for poorgays who can't afford actual fast cars

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It’s ridiculous they never put a 2GR-FE or even a 2AR-FE in this.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

lmao replacing the 86 that they scammed ppl with for over a decade now

such a dogshit car then now they got the corolla GR shitting all over it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

GR86 puts up better lap times than the GR Corolla

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>muh track times!
        >i never drive the car on public streets!

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So it's the GR Yaris engine, very nice.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Sub 200 bhp
    >35k MSRP
    >45k after stealership markups

Sorry but i'll take a V8 for the same amount of money.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People are getting 600+ hp out of the GrY now, this could be cool.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's cool and all but it looks the size of kei car. Stick the turbo in 86 and don't bother with this gay ass toy car.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good luck Toyota. We still got space in the "Miata kill" grave yard! Would you like a spot next to the MRS? Maybe under the tree with S2K-chan?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

S2K is still the benchmark, they went out on their shield

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Another vaporware concept that will never happen, just like whatever version of rx concept car we're on now, RX-478 or whatever

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>3 cyl turbo
    They're gonna start sticking literal bike engines in these things sooner or later. Frick this gay earth

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

mazda is selling a little less than 20k miatas every year. i don't see how it's a big enough market for yet another roadster

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Toyota S-FR
    Scanning around the net doesn't provide any details. Sure looks like a kei car though

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *