Toyota Corolla lost the title of best-selling car

> The new market leader was the Tesla Model Y, which moved up 3 positions with 1.15 million units sold (+50.8%). Toyota Corolla took second place with 1.13 million units (-1.1%).
https://gadgettendency.com/toyota-corolla-lost-the-title-of-best-selling-car-in-the-world-for-the-first-time-in-20-years-tesla-model-y-is-the-new-king/

Rube Goldberg machine bros...I don't feel so good.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

too bad the government doesn't hand everyone a $7500 check to buy a corolla.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The government doesn't hand out checks to buy Teslas either.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Buy a vehicle that makes you dependent on ongoing subsidies, and that pays much lower road use fees in a less predictable way
      This costs the Government money and creates uncertainty for funding the roads with a lot of money having to be diverted to roads from the general fund.

Alternately
      >Buy a vehicle that allows you to easily drive on any source of energy, including making your own, and which offers a much higher and predictable amount or road use funding
      This provides a number of benefits to the Government like certainty in road funding as well as the owner in lower operating costs, which is why there is a tax incentive to buy electric vehicles that are Made In America.

Even with the USA becoming the #1 in the world for producing gasoline thanks to Biden, after a disastrous collapse due to previous mismanagement, it is still important to shift away from gasoline and towards domestically produced vehicles which are not entirely dependent on gasoline.
      Just as the Nordic countries have shown, it is important to in rough terms Not Get High on our Own Supply. Using less gasoline makes it easier to fill the Strategic Reserve, makes drains on the reserve when supply is disrupted less severe, and enables revenue from exports.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>funding the roads with a lot of money having to be diverted to roads from the general fund.
        That's already the case. The US has too low gas taxes to pay for the roads so roads in Republican states are subsidized by places like California.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They actually do, the hybrid corolla receives the full 7500 check.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this is misinformation and has been debunked. sorry sweaty.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I bought a Tesla, where's my $7500 check? And I just filed my tax refund, the short answer is that shit has been over for a while now.

So far I really like this car, honestly the only thing I hate about it is the CEO is a fricking douche nozzle. They really need to replace him before this company starts going to shit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>They really need to replace him before this company starts going to shit.
        >Elon bad

Go ahead and point to other companies performing nearly as well. Stop drinking the coolaid. Twitter Elon is not work Elon.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Twitter before Elon
          >works well even if it has a little bit of a left leaning slant
          >Twitter after Elon
          >news post
          >unrelated spam
          >unrelated spam
          >unrelated spam
          >unrelated spam
          >maybe in topic comments
          >some ugly moron Trump supporter from Malaysia post
          >Elon: kek I love you!
          Honestly even going by

https://i.imgur.com/26fVCWR.jpg

If you buy a Tesla now, Elon is gonna take you on a ride you can't refuse.

its safe to say that Twitter Elon = Tesla Elon. A douche.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Twitter Elon = Tesla Elon. A douche.

Ok so your feelings have nothing to do with the performance of his companies? The only thing that matters is his performance. What's the next goalpost you're gonna pull out of your ass when FSD actually works this time?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tesla hasn't exactly been riding high right now.
            They need to do the Apple Steve Jobs thing.

Sack Elon
            Stock will go up
            Elon spends his time in the wilderness to redeem himself as CEO
            Elon comes back
            Stock goes up even more

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cybertruck is literally rusting and FSD still DOESN'T work and overpriced as frick. You're literally paying 12k to be a fricking beta tester. The cars that matter to them the 3 and Y are still the same fricking cars 3 years ago. Zero improvements while they let Rivian catch up, except Rivian isn't being run by a douche and probably has better customer service which is garbage at Tesla.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Cybertruck is literally rusting
            It isn't. The steel particles from the train tracks or wherever reacts with the body when it settles on it. Do your research
            > FSD still DOESN'T work
            >he doesn't know
            >The cars that matter to them the 3 and Y are still the same fricking cars 3 years ago. Zero improvements

Ok I'll discredit everything you said. You're either lying or you have no idea what you're talking about.

• 4 weeks ago
        p

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/credits-for-new-clean-vehicles-purchased-in-2023-or-after

rekt lmao

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You gotta love Teslagay cope.
          >I didn't get paid to buy a tesla... that ended a while ago!!!
          >III... just bought it because it's a good car!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok so the Y is still $35,000...a Corolla is $22k. Meaning the cost is still in the Corolla's favor.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Elon bad
        >buy Elon product anyway
        peak npc brain

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Laughably wrong.
      The 7,500 credit got removed from the model 3 and a lot of the Y models got downgraded to the 3,750 half credit.
      Meanwhile Toyota’s fake EV Hybrid Corolla gets the full 7,500 credit.

So now it’s Toyota that are the frauds running on the government’s handouts.
      Oh how the turn tables.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

even if your narrative was true, who cares, it's an ugly piece of shit and it selling the most means absolutely nothing to anyone on this website besides the evshills which are like 5 people out of the 100s that browse DA. Go to twitter to shill EVs

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Well excuuuuse me princess

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can't wait until the incentives evaporate and these things fall back to their numbers from 2019. What will be the cope when they're down -400%?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

they will not. Tesla probably will be cheaper than the average car by the end of the decade in the way that cars are made elsewhere.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nah. With the crazy price of the materials just for the batteries being so volatile your delusional fantasy will never come to pass

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

But that is not what makes the car cheap.
          Sincerelly the pratices adopted by tesla cold be used in combustion cars. i Think they will be cheaper despite the volatilities.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the overwhelming choice in a tiny market
    vs
    >one of a thousand competitors in a huge market with no runaway leader

whatever helps you cope I guess

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why the ugly one? Balloon head frick car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

looks bloated as frick aye

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I doubt Elon's shitcar is actually moving more units with the average consumer, those Model Ys have gotta be massive taxi and business car/rental fleets and the average person is still just buying a regular toyota shitbox like they always have.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Seeing what the electric company did to my power bill this year, I feel like I'd be at the disadvantage of only one power company, vs many different gas stations. I can easily see the power company being evil and raising rates so that charging is much more expensive per mile than gasoline.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I can easily see the power company being evil and raising rates so that charging is much more expensive per mile than gasoline.
      With gasoline at $3.50 a gallon that is about $.12 to $.14 a mile. For a typical 3 or 4 mile a kWh EV to be more expensive than that the cost of electricity would need to be over $.40 a kWh off-peak. If that happens the cost of gasoline would also rise to about $5.90 a gallon unless there were increases in the Government subsidies to help gas stations keep their lights on.

At $5.90 a gallon vs $.40 a kWh driving a 3 or 4 mile a kWh EV is still a lot cheaper.
      If power companies make grid electricity too expensive, they risk making generating your own electricity more attractive.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

after 50k miles the crapolla will still feel like a solid car, the tesla on the other hand will creak and rattle and the seats need replacing

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not so fast Black person
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a44600661/is-tesla-model-y-the-worlds-best-selling-car-nope-not-even-close/

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"Problem is, on all the charts we could find from Tesla as well as from fawning electric-vehicle sites reporting on them, the company groups Model Y production and sales with Model 3 production and sales. Tesla delivered 412,180 Models 3/Y globally in the first quarter, and we can’t find the breakout among the two."
      >" We reached out to Toyota for Corolla numbers, and the automaker reports it sold 740,561 Corollas worldwide in the first quarter of this year, counting all versions including the Cross. That’s about 75% more than Tesla, even if you count the Model 3 in with the Model Y. Sorry, Elon, not even close."
      OH NO NO NO ELON IS COUNTING PRE-ORDERS FROM YEARS AGO AS SALES

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/eaPmYuA.jpg

>"Problem is, on all the charts we could find from Tesla as well as from fawning electric-vehicle sites reporting on them, the company groups Model Y production and sales with Model 3 production and sales. Tesla delivered 412,180 Models 3/Y globally in the first quarter, and we can’t find the breakout among the two."
      >" We reached out to Toyota for Corolla numbers, and the automaker reports it sold 740,561 Corollas worldwide in the first quarter of this year, counting all versions including the Cross. That’s about 75% more than Tesla, even if you count the Model 3 in with the Model Y. Sorry, Elon, not even close."
      OH NO NO NO ELON IS COUNTING PRE-ORDERS FROM YEARS AGO AS SALES

>It's another Tesla fudging the numbers to look better than they actually are episode.
      Loving every laugh

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>JUL 20, 2023

LEL

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>JUL 2023
      How did they know the full year's sales of 2023 in mid 2023? Stupid post by a stupid racist.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The claim doesn't even pass the sniff test, where the frick are all these model Ys? I see model 3 pretty often, but maybe one or two Y.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This is like saying black people don't exist because everyone in your neighborhood is white.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't drive that ugly piece of shit even if musk himself paid me a million dollars a day to do so

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>even if musk himself paid me a million dollars

That's ok. A million other people will buy it this year.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you buy a Tesla now, Elon is gonna take you on a ride you can't refuse.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tesla is only for early adopter morons buying Gen 1 EVs. Real humans wait for the next generation of EVs that are actually comparable to hybrids, as 30 mpg is now the low bar.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Tesla is already on their 4th gen EV with the Cybertruck.

Gen 1: Roadster
        Gen 2: Model S, Model X
        Gen 3: Model 3, Model Y
        Gen 4: Cybertruck, Semi

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty good. They should just lower the price to $99/m. Thats an easy buy for me. $199 seems bit too much and into the territory of cumbersome mortgage/rent/expensive shit. But $99/m is easy money, its just cable tier.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

that's an appliance, not a car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kek, yeah bro like this tactic will work.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

seething refrigerator on wheels owner kek buy a real car

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hahaha, is this all you can come up with? Pretty pathetic if you ask anyone.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ugly piece of shit for morons just like a corolla is an ugly piece of shit for morons.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do people online seethe so much when in rea life, everyone from all walks of life loves their cars? Is it just no car people and terminally online seething?

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no wonder wildfires have been such a huge issue the last few years.

15. 4 weeks ago
    p

reddit still mad

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

model y is a hell of a lot nicer car than a corolla. Waaaay faster and more fun to drive.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I own a Model Y, its okay but I rather drive the 3. Everytime I rented one I honestly love how it drives compared to the Y especially the Highland version. That being said the back is really cramp which makes it pretty shitty for a family car.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>m-ACKKKK

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's still waaaay faster than a Corolla, isn't it?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I compared my Corolla to a Model Y and the latter made me shit myself on the highway. Very dangerous.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Tesla subtracts rollout only on their performance trims.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Whenever I see a Tesla on the road there's an 80% chance the driver is Indian. Idk if I want to buy a car meant for dysgenic brown people

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tesla is the whitest brand on the market.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>car built after 2005 surpasses car built after 2005
    and I'm supposed to care why?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *