Toyota recalls 3rd gen Tundras

I've seen youtubers reporting how many 3rd gen Tundra owners are hearing strange noises in the engines. Some are even scrambling to trade them in before they failure entirely.

Now Toyota says that machining debris may have been left in the engine during assembly and they are working on a remedy.

Is the legendary Toyota quality a thing of the past now?

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-recalls-certain-model-year-2022-2023-toyota-tundra-and-lexus-lx-vehicles/

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy Toyota instead of Kia. Get debris mogged anyway. Welcome to America.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lmao, literal Hyundai tier engine manufacturing defect. My boomer ass was right all along, downgrading from the V8 was a shitty fricking idea. Toyota is dead.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

where are these engines manufactured?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Alabama
      Same thing is happening in the Lexus engines made in Japan tho

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

strange

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Possibly a mass-purchase of faulty tooling?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this shit don't happen with Japanese models LAMO. Frick anything non-japaneese byw. It's all trash and a waste of resources.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Or the same process being used

this shit don't happen with Japanese models LAMO. Frick anything non-japaneese byw. It's all trash and a waste of resources.

It's happening in Lexus engines also

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Before you even link me, it's the users fault.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not going to link with you

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wonder if DA will ever understand how recalls actually work
    People get so sensational
    >Toyota recalled a car they're fricking COOKED bro it's game fricking over bro
    >recall affects 0.5% of vehicles produced in a single year and maybe 1% of recalled vehicles actually need work and aren't just going to be inspected

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They are recalling all 22-23 tundras because they are spinning bearings.
      The only reason this isn't a disaster is because nobody uses Toyota trucks seriously.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>because nobody uses Toyota trucks seriously.
        Toyota trucks are practically the #1 military vehicle in the middle east and africa warring countries

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How old are those trucks? Also most of those are 1/4 ton small diesels. They won't buy any new 3/4 ton truck frame made in America.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Also most of those are 1/4 ton small diesels.
            No the aren't. They're heavy sprung LC70 series which is 3/4 ton equivalent circa 1980s. A modern 3/4 ton truck will absolutely shit all over any LC made in terms of durability.

The little shitbox pickups you see are increasingly coming from China though the Hilux still has the brand image.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good turbos are fricking gay

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota should have put the BMW B58 in those. Would be more reliable and have more power.
    The absolute state of nu-yota.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The car industry has known for awhile toyotas are garbage but what's more alarming than the china-tier quality in their cars is that they will do everything they can to falsify data, toyota is the epitome of the laughing no refunds philosophy

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> Bought a genesis g70 last year and honestly probably the best car I ever owned
      > conflated korean and jap cars as the same and wanted a pickup so bought the new taco at a few thousand markup
      > driving home from the dealership the truck seemed to drive real shaky, find out a few days later a model wide recall for a loose axle
      > took a louisville slugger to it rather than deal with the bullshit recall
      > I'm a richgay so just sold it to a mechanic friend for a few thousand and bought a raptor the next day

I was duped by the toyota rep and having bought over 30 new cars over the years never bought a toyota until the new taco came out...jap crap never again

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Tacoma are made in Mexico.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>somehow bought a new ‘23 in 2024
        >le rich guys like me just buy Ford
        Either a weird larp or a ford shill

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Either a weird larp or a ford shill
          Last week this "totally not hyundai bot" was singing the same hyundai praises while saying nearly identical crap about german cars instead of toyota. The theme seems to be the lie about a hyundai being okay. Or maybe this "totally real person" can't tell the difference between bmw and toyota. Your call.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They may be slipping, but they're still the best (excluding lexus)

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota is going through the classic suffering from success. more of their cars are being sold than ever before, which is fricking up their production and quality. its hard to do the toyota way when they have to make millions of vehicles that cant just all be checked by factory workers

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Toyota is going through the classic suffering from success. more of their cars are being sold than ever before, which is fricking up their production and quality.
      More like they were used to making simple NA anemic engines, waited too long to innovate and now they can't even get a basic turbo engine right.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's something specific to this engine
        Their turbo 4 doesn't have any major teething troubles

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they have been completely resistant to turbo-ing for everything but the sports cars and it shows. these turbo i4's are a fricking shitty idea not just for toyota but for everyone, and it is only being done due to moronic regulations. hopefully they will just go to having a NA engine/hybrid instead.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You know why those don't have tow hooks?
    It's because the entire front end is made of recycled beer cans and pop bottles. You could bolt some on but if you used them it would tear all that shit off of there like a zipper.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is the legendary Toyota quality a thing of the past now?
    it has been for 25+ years, gramps, get with the program

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What a shame.

> I hop into my V8 Titan and speeds off.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is the legendary Toyota quality a thing of the past now?
    The moment they went 0w-20 on their engines.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They went to 0w20 in everything since 2007-08 and were still reliable

I think it's just a isolated incident the turbo 4 cylinder thats in the Tacomas is actually pretty decent so far and the hybrid cars are excellent

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>They went to 0w20 in everything since 2007-08 and were still reliable.

Modern engines require 95-98RON for combustion and power per cylinder. All of those engines will run hot by shrinking the overall block size. Add a turbo and you will see that the engine will run hotter. The "modern" normal answer is an engine gets as hot as 185-220°f as normal operation temperature. Back then anything hitting 200°f was near overheating for iron blocks and parts material that take heat better than aluminum. And now Toyota says 200°f is "the best engine temperature" for "the best miles per gallon". That thinner oil only get only +1% in engine efficiency per 10 value.
        Lubrication viscosity for engine efficiency is the type of thinking only relevant in F1 Racing, or the motorsport that needs an engine rebuild every race.
        If the engine don't get any cooler than realistically the thinner oil will lose it's viscosity at upper temperatures. Cooked oil don't lubricate. Most mechanical problems inside the engine begins with the oil.

It's also known Toyota now voids warranty for motorsport related powertrain failures.
        The Honda K20C in the Type R uses 0w-20 overheats on the track. It's not just a brand issue. Oil thinness a trend that will decrease lifespans of engines that need to work.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The only problem with your theory is that the failures for this specific engine are happening in the Middle East despite higher oil viscosities to avoid that failure + the motors impacted being made in Japan in Lexus LX trucks

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I wish they would just use 0w30 in everything, literally the perfect year round balance and protection for almost any modern car.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Jap crap per usual frick the nips glad we nuked them

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *