Truck market competition

>be me
>drive an xterra
>want a truck with a bed cause my xterra does basically everything except fit my quad, bike, or car parts in
>look online
>prices for mid size pickups are within the margins of a full size pickup, and every mid size gets 20mpg highway
>don't want nor really need a full size but at this point why buy a mid size that gets the same mpg and is worse at everything
The only reasonable truck around seems to be jeep gladiators but they have no guts and I can't see them lasting very long past their warranty. Why can't mid sized trucks just be cheaper? Its like they're pigeonholing everyone into getting a full size. I'd just get a trailer if my xterra didn't get like 18 highway with a tail wind

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Here's the options around me just for example. Its depressing and I'm tired of seeing it all get worse as time goes on.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what's your budget

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Right around 30-35k. I don't wanna have too much of a car payment and the trade in on my suv would be around 10k but I would like to build my credit more

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

People shit on Nissan but the 3rd gen Frontier is the best truck in this price range

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

New frontiers are around 30k base, with only the most basic tech. NA V6 that's plenty powerful. Plus, you'd know what to expect since you already own a body on frame Nissan. They're still pretty much completely unchanged from the old gen's chassis. I bought one a couple years back, but I got the pro-4x and I'm happy with mine. Only issue for you would be that the payload rating is rather disappointing, but i guarantee that you'd be able to fit a little more than whatever it's rated which is like 1200lb or so iirc.

Yeah I might end up looking into the new frontier. I really like the engine in it and its definitely the best value for money out of any mid size

I didn't even consider the Gladiator when I was looking. I assumed it was loud with a rough ride because Jeep.

Yeah the gladiator hadn't been on my radar either for a while until I saw them getting marked down like crazy cause they stopped selling as well. But I still can't get over their anemic v6 and the threat of chrysler build quality. I'd only get one if I planned on trading again in like 5 years but I'd rather get a frontier I can run into the ground after 15
            Its lookin like it might be between a sierra regular cab or a frontier at this point cause I'm checking and frontiers are looking really nice for the money. A rcsb sierra would be really tempting though cause they're small and I could get a decent v8 in it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

definitely test drive one to see if you like it. It's a 9 speed troony, but you'll probably get the exact same MPG as your xterra, maybe a tad bit better. Just keep that in mind.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah once do a little more looking I'll probably take one for a drive. I love how they look and the new engine seems great, and its also nice that the vr engine family is an established platform. I just hope I can find a good one with 4wd cause everyone seems to be selling 2wd 4 doors

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't pay extra for the 4WD if you really won't use it much; I honestly overbought on that aspect because I'm a giant moron.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I need 4wd cause I live in new england and snowstorms are an actual threat

>be some random sperg
            >by a xterra
            >not even a good one
            >disposable 4.0 tier
            >post endlessly about it

There's multiple people on this board who either like or own an xterra. Also if the 2nd gen vq40 xterra isn't good, which one is? The previous gen has extremely limited parts availability, made no power, and rust out like crazy

is that supposed to be bad? that's what any half ton loaded with shit in the bed would get and it's not like the trailer is always hooked up

I wouldn't mind a trailer but its a massive pain to constantly couple and uncouple it for little stuff and deciding where to leave it is a pain cause I don't always have space for it.

So you're willing to go 20k into debt for 2 more mpg

I'm at a point where I can run my xterra into the ground or trade it while it still has value, and I still need to built credit before I can get a house, so if I don't spend it on this, I'll be spending money on something else. Plus paying off 20k in 2 or 3 years while building credit is not much of a burden. The other thing is I want to replace my projects with a bike because I've waited a fair amount and had my fun with cars, and I'd rather just drop $5k on a bike that costs nothing in insurance vs a v8 sedan and a roadster

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nice color choice. Yeah I'm kinda surprised it doesn't get better gas mileage. 9 speeds and it doesn't do much better than the Tacoma

Yeah once do a little more looking I'll probably take one for a drive. I love how they look and the new engine seems great, and its also nice that the vr engine family is an established platform. I just hope I can find a good one with 4wd cause everyone seems to be selling 2wd 4 doors

Expand your search range. Be willing to rent and go pick one up. Also I support getting 4WD even if you only use it once or twice. It's like a plunger: you'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Plus it increases resale value.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

V6s are horrible for gas mileage, just one of the pains that come with them. But I’d take an NA 6 over a turboshit 4 any day.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

New frontiers are around 30k base, with only the most basic tech. NA V6 that's plenty powerful. Plus, you'd know what to expect since you already own a body on frame Nissan. They're still pretty much completely unchanged from the old gen's chassis. I bought one a couple years back, but I got the pro-4x and I'm happy with mine. Only issue for you would be that the payload rating is rather disappointing, but i guarantee that you'd be able to fit a little more than whatever it's rated which is like 1200lb or so iirc.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I rented a V6 Gladiator. It was gutless. The 2.7L turbo in my F-150 annihilates it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I didn't even consider the Gladiator when I was looking. I assumed it was loud with a rough ride because Jeep.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why can't mid sized trucks just be cheaper?
    They were never substantially cheaper than the full sized alternative. A S10 was slightly cheaper than a Silverado. A Ranger was only slightly cheaper than a F-150. Making a vehicle slightly bigger doesn't really raise it's production cost. Actually it makes it cheaper in modern times, hence why half and 3/4 tons can sell for so cheap.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm talkin used. Full sizes used to hold their value more than mid size but it was a linear decline for both. Mid sizes used to be like 75% the price of full sizes of the same year. Now its like the same for trucks with 50k miles. I'm for sure not dropping 70k on a brand new silverado

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why would anyone buy a new truck who wasn't filthy rich? Any decent truck is good for at least 20 years outside the Rust Belt.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why not just get a trailer

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

just updoot it next time

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

See

https://i.imgur.com/icLQKPp.jpg

>be me
      >drive an xterra
      >want a truck with a bed cause my xterra does basically everything except fit my quad, bike, or car parts in
      >look online
      >prices for mid size pickups are within the margins of a full size pickup, and every mid size gets 20mpg highway
      >don't want nor really need a full size but at this point why buy a mid size that gets the same mpg and is worse at everything
      The only reasonable truck around seems to be jeep gladiators but they have no guts and I can't see them lasting very long past their warranty. Why can't mid sized trucks just be cheaper? Its like they're pigeonholing everyone into getting a full size. I'd just get a trailer if my xterra didn't get like 18 highway with a tail wind

>I'd just get a trailer if my xterra didn't get like 18 highway with a tail wind

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

is that supposed to be bad? that's what any half ton loaded with shit in the bed would get and it's not like the trailer is always hooked up

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So you're willing to go 20k into debt for 2 more mpg

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Beats spending 30k on a trugg. Not like the trugg’s mpg will be any better anyway

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

as you have deduced there is no point in getting a midsize as a man. they're made for women who don't want to drive such a large vehicle. the midsizes feel more like a crossover so it's easier for them to navigate around tight spaces like parking lots.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>they're made for women who don't want to drive such a large vehicle
      Most women prefer half and 3/4 tons ironically. Modern midsizes just don't do anything well.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no they don't you fricking idiot.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes they do lmao you incel. My insurance broker insures 5 TRX's. 3 of them are owned by women. I live in a oil city and trust me there are a frickload of "Cummins girls" here. The vast majority of women like driving big vehicles. Deal with it incel.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

lol oh yeah well my dad works for stellantis and he says 4 out of 5 women buy dakotas. jackass.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get a 2018-2020 F150 extended cab with the 2.7 ecoboost.
    The extended cab has the same rear leg room as the xterra but it has a flat floor so you can fit more shit back there. The crew cabs are typically more expensive.

7. 2 months ago
    s10fag

>be some random sperg
    >by a xterra
    >not even a good one
    >disposable 4.0 tier
    >post endlessly about it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

but I have a pathfinder and the vq40 is the best part at least it's a v6 that makes the same power as a EFI 350 or 4.8 LS

the automatics are also better than any 4l60e

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The used pickup market sucks, you're honestly better off leasing a brand new one for $400-$600 a month

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you're concerned with fuel economy it's time to join the crossover club. Simply put you're not going to get great fuel economy out of an arcane body on frame vehicle. Before somebody says BOG is stronger, I can show you thousands of pictures of trucks cracked down the middle where they always tend to snap. Either from heavy loads or hitting a bump too hard, they always crack at this major point of weakness and it's why the BOF pickup truck is such a stupid weak design. Just get a unibody Ford Maverick, or an efficient crossover that can tow a trailer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

*BOF not BOG

Then again your body will be on the GROUND when the frame snaps!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I thought they were meant to fold like this to reduce shipping space.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

new and used truck market has been ruined by obese muttoid morons going buck Black person wild with debt.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *